Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Toward the freedom [Mephistel] [Open]

Started by FlowyWolf, April 10, 2016, 03:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowyWolf

Raholin was staring at the humans in front of him, when he finally heard that desperate cry.
He turned instinctively his head toward the shouting spirit, realizing only later how stupid his action had been.
However, the humans were too scared to take advantage of his mistakes, as they all were watching in fear Ahuzanel's creepy transformation.

"Ahuzanel, what..." Raholin's word never reached the spirit ears, blocked by that scaring, purple dark aura that submerged him. He had drastically changed, there were no doubt of it, he had something in his eyes different from before, even from when he firstly transformed into that weird sort of bird. 
Now, he had something in his eyes that scared Raholin too,

"We have to take the arrow out!". As the other spirit shouted, Raholin finally noticed that arrow still standing in his shoulder, yet he didn't understand what the spirit was trying to say.
Was it linked somehow to Ahuzanel's transformation? Or it represented some sort of danger for the spirit's life?

Raholin didn't understood anything, but one thing. Something was wrong in Ahuzanel's change. When the boy saw him landing onto that man and ripping apart his body that way, he had no more doubt something horrible was happening.

"Run, it's too dangerous!". Raholin tried to warn his former village fellows, but they were frozen by fear and stood there, motionless, hearing nothing but their creeps shaking their minds.
The poor man's body was already ripped in thousand pieces, Ahuzanel's merciless eyes were already focusing on the other three men standing in front of him.

Raholin had to do something, or they would have an horrible end, so he jumped toward him and, hoping the other spirit's word were referring to his transformation, he grabbed the arrow into Ahuzanel's shoulder.

However, when the boy's eyes came across the spirit's ones, he felt a horrible shiver taking control of his body.
Raholin was right, that thing wasn't Ahuzanel anymore.

Mephistel

The spirit had been taken by the darkness. Human weapon were imbued with all sort of feeling and mostly killing intent, these emotions were then transfered to the spirit when hit with it. These feelings were so strong it would eat at the spirits soul and turn them into violent monsters. Like what happened to the other spirit and like what was happening to Ahuzanel.

The spirit didn't felt much of the young man's weight when he jumped on him, turning his head toward the boy, his showed very sharp fangs. That's when the remaining mens started to run for their lives, leaving Raholin to deal with the angered spirit.

The other one couldn't do much about the arrow because it was also hurting him. Wolfang jumped in and manage to push away Raholin before Ahuzanel snapped at him. He push all his weight on the small spirit, holding him to the ground. Ahuzanel was struggling and making inhuman sounds, growling while crying as it tried to get away from the wolf.

-Now human! Take it out!! Hurry!!-

The wolf cried, almost begging.

FlowyWolf

Raholin could hear the shouts the other men were filling the air with while fleeing as quickly as they could.
However, he wasn't relieved at all about their leaving, even if it was all he could wish for just a few minutes before.

With them gone, in fact, Ahuzanel had only one person to whom he could turn his anger.
However, luckily, there was something more than just people there. Just before Ahuzanel's new arisen, sharp fangs bite his flesh, Wolfang quickly jumped against him and pushed him away.

Flying from the ground, Raholin took a moment to realize what had just happened, but luckily it was enough and he managed to land safely without hurting himself.

When he raised his eyes, he saw Wolfang fight hardily against his former friend, trying to hold him to the ground.

"Now human! Take it out!! Hurry!!". As soon as he heard him, he ran at his side and, once again, gripped the arrow with all his strength, but then, he hesitated. He knew he had to do it, but Ahuzanel was fighting really hard against the giant wolf and moving in any direction, he could hurt him badly, if he hadn't been careful enough.

In the end, however, he took advantage of a break from their fight to hold firmly the arrow and try to extract it from the spirit's shoulder.

Mephistel

With everything Raholin had, he finally manage to take the arrow away from the spirit's shoulder. Spills of blood spurt from the wound as Ahuzanel shove the wolf off and jumped away, screaming at them as blood kept pouring out of his wounds. The other spirit cast a ward, preventing Ahuzanel from coming closer.

Wolfang was calling out at Ahuzanel but the spirit seemed to be in distress, he was crying and making inhuman sounds. The trees around were hissing as if the wind was striking ever so violently. It started raining, but the rain wasn't soft, it was hard and heavy, like cold needles.

Then, Ahuzanel stopped moving, as if time had stopped for him. he just stood there, looking at them with his yellow eyes, somewhat his expression had changed, it was almost as if he was dead, there was no more light in his eyes. Wolfang looked worried.

-AHUZANEL!!!

He called, but no answer. Then, Ahuzanel fell to the ground, the wings that had spurt from his back disapeared in ashes, his size returned to normal and the feathers dissipated, leaving only the original one, slowly, he regained his true form and the purple mist disapeared. The other spirit ran to him, turning him over and immediately healing the wound on the spirit shoulder. It would left a mark.

Ahuzanel slowly opened his eyes.

-hmm....-

FlowyWolf

As he managed to take the arrow away from the spirit's shoulder, Raholin felt to the ground on his back, as strong as he was trying to pull out it from the spirit's shoulder.

When he saw what was happening to Ahuzanel, however, he wished the ground beneath him could took him away.

The spirit freed himself from the wolf and jumped away watching them with evil, angry eyes, his entire torso full of his own blood. A glare appeared between Ahuzanel and the rest of them, a transparent shelter evoked by the other spirit, it seemed. Wolfang howled and screamed to his young friend, but it couldn't hear him, deafened by his monstrous pain.
The entire world around them began to participate in Ahuzanel's pain, the entire forest was screaming in disease, crying heavy tears from its dark sky. Sad, weak chirping came from behind the shaking trees and the leaves began to twist around the prone boy furiously.

-What have I done?- Raholin couldn't do anything but repeat those few words in his head, scared. He knew it was too dangerous to remove so rudely the arrow, and now the spirit was paying is foolishness.

Then, all the forest stopped in an instant, silence fell down onto his heavy head with all the twisting leaves, only the rain kept on falling against him merciless. A deadly breeze hit the motionless group, and then surrounded Ahuzanel, tearing off his life from his eyes.

"Ahuzanel!". Raholin too wanted to shout, to call back his friend from the underworld, yet, his guilt silenced him with a deep gag.

-I... I killed him.- The young boy's eyes couldn't see Ahuzanel's return to his original form, he hardly even noticed the other spirit run beside him, followed by the giant wolf.
Tears covered his face, mingling with the raindrops and slipping toward his neck, yet no sound could leave his throat. He wanted to scream, to cry out to the world it was all his fault, to beg in tears forgiveness for his horrible mistake, to pray whatever kind of god existed to spare the innocent spirit's life and take his guilty one.
But again, he couldn't free his mouth from that deep gag of despair.

Then, something happened in front of him, Wolfang and the other spirit started screaming enthusiastically, filling the air with Ahuzanel's name, and a flash of hope gave Raholin new life.

Jumping onto his feet, he ran beside the spirit and looked hopefully his chest finally breathing again.

Full of hope and fear, the boy finally managed to say:
"Ahuzanel... are you ok?". 

Mephistel

As he slowly opened his eyes, everything around him looked foggy, he could barely make out the figures of the other spirit and Wolfang, and eventually joined by a third one. Raholin. It took him some time to realize where he was and what had happened. He had been in darkness, fighting it while he was been overwhelmed by the hatred thrown in that arrow.

But it was gone now and the healing touch of his kin had healed the wound on his shoulder, leaving a small mark that would probably never go away. Wolfang push him up with his muzzle, helping him sit down. He had heard Raholin's question. He wasn't sure of the answer, but he felt ok, so he nodded, slowly.

-Yes...thank you...-

He said. He smiled kindly, his usual smile. Wolfang push his head against him and the spirit caressed his fur.

-I'm sorry I've worried you all, thank you, I owe you my life...-

He turned his yellow eyes, which had return to their mellow golden tint, toward the young human.

-If there is anything I can do to repay you...please, tell me.-

He said.

FlowyWolf

While looking the spirit finally opening his eyes, Raholin didn't breath at all, as nervous as he was.
He was obviously glad he was still alive, but he feared he could still be different from how he knew him before. Moreover, he feared he could be furious with him for what he had done.

Then, he heard those peaceful, kind words, and he saw that reassuring smile, and he finally started breathing again.

Without saying anything, Raholin rushed into Ahuzanel's arms and hugged him strongly, without thinking he could hurt his wound, as relieved as he was.

"Don't say anything, you don't owe me nothing..." his words where constantly interrupted by his sobs, and tears flowed onto the spirit's skin.

"I'm sorry, I never wanted you to be in such a danger, if only you would have died, I..." he didn't know what to say anymore, he couldn't even think about what he could have done if the spirits hadn't woke up again.

Then, he finally managed to regain control of himself and, rubbing his eyes to dry them, he looked around him. The men who were hunting him were gone, and so the giant spider they had fought.
There wasn't anyone else who was trying to kill them, at least for the moment.

-So, what now?- Raholin looked thoughtful, he didn't know where to go, now he had managed to leave his chasers behind. He had just one small, odd idea in his mind, and after some time, he finally decided to ask the spirit:

"Where do you live? I mean, I don't know where to go, I only know that I have to leave Connlaoth, maybe reaching Serendipity, so... maybe we could go the same way for a while..."

Mephistel

As the young man rushed into his arms, Ahuzanel welcomed him quietly. His body had return to it's fresh and warm self. He patted his back while the boy was crying, hugging him back and speaking soothing words.

-It's ok...I'm the one who put you in danger in the first place...-

He said softly. The wolf lay down and the other spirit just watched in silence. It was over, the forest and the spirit were saved, there was nothing else to harm them any longer.

The other spirit nodded to them.

-I will return to my duty...I am forever in your debt Ahuzanel...if you're ever in need, please, call me and I'll rush to your aid...-
-Thank you, I will keep that in mind.-

The other spirit bow to them slightly before disapearing. Once Raholin had finally calm down, Ahuzanel swipe one last tears from the boy's face and smiled at him kindly. He answer the boy's question.

-I'm from the Thundra...in North Le'Raana...but I don't mind traveling along with you...-

He said. Wolfang nodded in approval.

-You saved Ahuzanel...I will protect you from harm along the way.

FlowyWolf

Raholin's jumped happily inside his head, glad the spirit had accepted his proposal. However, he didn't knew nothing about his native place, and his usual curiosity instantly came back and tortured the poor spirit.

"What, the Thundra?! Hey, it's really far from here, isn't it? How happened you got here, where you on a journey? And how's living there..." he stopped, smiling sadly. Thinking about Ahuzanel's home made him felt depressed, as he had no place to call home.

He started thinking about all he had lost, his parents, his house...
-Well, after all, I didn't lose so much, my parents almost didn't even talk with me, and my house... well, I could always find a better one somewhere.- trying not to be overcame by sadness and repeating those words in his head, he got up and he went toward the river. He needed another bath, his entire body was full of dirt and blood, he would probably need even a new pair of pants and maybe even a shirt.

Definitely, he needed to reach some village as soon as possible; but not there in Connlaoth.

"So, Ahuzanel, what do you know about Serendipity? Is it really a place in which a magic user like me could live freely and widely accepted?".

Mephistel

Ahuzanel looked at the young man with affection and kindness. He didn't want to show pity, but he understood. Losing something important was never easy and sometimes, you had to start all over from the start.

-The thundra is not an easy land...it's harsh but it's my home, the forest are deep and strong...-

He explained a little. He missed his home, but all forest were his home, and he would protect them no matter where he was. As he was ask about Serendipity, he shook his head.

-I don't know...I've never been there and I don't really travel on human roads...I use side path and Wolfang carry me...I'm sure he'd be happy to carry you as well until we reach your destination.-

He said, with a smile. He watch as the boy was washing himself up.

FlowyWolf

While washing, Raholin stopped suddenly when he heard Ahuzanel's word.
The thought of travelling again on Wolfang's back scared him a lot, it had been a terrific experience and he didn't know if he could stand another journey like that.
However, he also knew it probably would be better to travel that way, or they could take too long before to reach Serendipity's border. Moreover, it would be very rude to refuse such a kind offer.

Finishing washing himself, he looked again the shiny forest around him, thoughtful. It was the end, he sensed it, he would never come back home again, and soon he would have been all alone.
What could he do then, would he be capable of surviving all alone in a new country like Serendipity? What could he do for a living?

Suddenly, an odd idea came to his mind. He didn't knew anything about Serendipity, nothing but some rumors heard by his former fellow citizens, so why should he go there, and not somewhere else?

However, the spirit's word came quickly to his head, remembering him how hard could have been living in the thundra. If it was harsh for a spirit like him, it probably would have been unbearable for him. Moreover, what could he do in an uncivilized, harsh place like that, if not just fighting every day for his own life?
Yet, even knowing that, he couldn't decide what path he had to follow, so he stayed there for almost a minute, watching the forest's tree as if they could point him the right way to go.

-Well, before to decide, let's find out something more about that place.- finally making this easy thought, he turned his head toward Ahuzanel and asked:

"And what about the Thundra, is it there some place were a human like me could live freely?".

Mephistel

Ahuzanel waited patiently, he wasn't in any hurry so there was no need for him to do so. Wolfang was laying on the ground and getting some rest, his large head resting on his paws. The spirit was leaning on him, in his fur, curling up as well to get closer to his heat.

-I live in the thundra forest...but there are human villages and small cities around the place...-

He said. He had only seen them from afar, but he knew there was and there wasn't that many people traveling in the thundra. Ahuzanel was getting tired, his eyes were slowly closing away, he had spent a lot of energy in that battle and that arrow didn't help him.

-I'm sorry....Raholin...but...I am very tired...so...I will sleep for a little while...-

And as he said that, he closed his eyes and quickly drift to sleep. When he did, the feathers and scales on his shoulders started to shine slightly. The wolf didn't moved from then on, giving the spirit a warm bed to sleep against.

Leaving Raholin alone with the wolf. The forest had returned to normal, peaceful and quiet. only the river washing up the shore could be heard.

FlowyWolf

Ahuzanel felt asleep as soon as he finished his few words; he had to be really tired.
Raholin stood there, he wasn't tired at all, even if he had fought along the spirit all that time.
He sat close to his new friends, enjoying the warm sunbeams on his skin and the sweet lapping of the river dancing in his ears.
Yet, that beautiful view didn't make him happy at all.

He was torn, he was quickly growing fond with the spirit and his wolf, but he couldn't imagine living in such a cold place as the thundra.
What could he do in such a remote place, where just a few bunches of men lived, fighting against the cold and whatnot?

Actually, he didn't know what he could do even in Serendipity, yet, it seemed easier in his mind to find a way to survive there.
Laying on the scented grass, he stared thoughtful the bright sky above him. If he had went to Serendipity, he could probably have become a soldier, or at least a mercenary. Actually, he thought, it would have been easier to become a mercenary; it was unlikely that they could let a Connlaothian join their army.

It would have been hard, however, to say goodbye to those two nice friends. Raholin also thought about leaving while they were asleep, as to make things easier, but he lacked the courage to abandon them like that.

-I'll stay here until they'll wake up, and then we'll go our own ways.-

With this intention in his mind, he closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying that gentle breeze on his skin, until he too got asleep, rocked by the wind.

Mephistel

How long did he sleep, he had no idea. He was really tired, all he was feeling was the warmth of his companion at his side and the comfiness of his fur. Only after a night had passed and morning came by that the spirit finally opened his eyes again.

The sun was slowly rising upon the horizon, striking the sky in orange and red hue. The river sparkling like diamond as the ray it it's surface, fish jumping out to catch some unwary flies. The soothing sound of the wind came to him as it's breeze softly hit his skin, rustling his feathers softly. He smiled as he turned around to sit. Wolfang was still asleep and he noticed Raholin was as well.

He was getting hungry and so his stomach reminded him of it. He got up and went into the woods, the darkness had disapeared and everything was now very peaceful, as it should be. He was glad this was the case. Lurking around, he looked for some berries and fruits to eat. It took a little while but he finally found some and gathered them in large leaves. Then made his way back to the spot he had left Wolfang and Raholin.

As he came back, they were both still asleep, so let the berries next to them after taking a few for himself and walk over to the river where he started to swim, enjoying the freshness of the water and washing himself up.

FlowyWolf

When Raholin opened his eyes, the sun was still up in the sky, or so he thought. He needed some time, in fact, before to realize the sunlight wasn't coming from the right direction, but from the east.
When he became aware of it, however, he swiftly raised his head, frightened, and his fear grow when he noticed the spirit was gone.
He immediately began to imagine all the worst thing that could have happened to his friend, until he finally noticed that little bunch of berries near him.

-Damn, why is he so caring, he's making it more difficult than ever!-  he thought, but even if he tried, he couldn't be angry, not even irritated. He was just sad he had to depart from such a beautiful friend as he was.

His stomach prevented him from even thinking not to take advantage of the spirit's kindness. Raholin was starving since the day before, and that so long sleep didn't made it any better, but only worse.
So, grabbing some of that and eating them greedily, he got up and he started looking for Ahuzanel.

It wasn't hard to find the spirit, the sparkle of his feathers was dancing beautifully with the river's waters, so Raholin walked toward him and tried to think what he could say.
It was hard, he really didn't want to leave them, but he had no choice.
When he reached the river, the berries in his hand were already finished, and so the thoughts in his head.
Taking off his pants, he jumped into the water, enjoying the freshness of the water onto his skin.

"Good morning, Ahuzanel, have you slept well? Oh, by the way, thank you for the breakfast, those berries were really tasty!".

Mephistel

Ahuzanel was enjoying the water, some small fish were swimming along his legs, tickling his skin as they passed along. He was soon joined by Raholin, which entered with a splash, wetting the spirit more then he already was. He pushed over a thread of falling hair from his eyes and smiled at the young man.

-Ah...good morning, yes, I did and it was nothing, I was up early so I thought I might as well get us something to eat, you must have been hungry.-

He said. There was a good wind coming, it was warm and had a good feeling. Ahuzanel stood there for a moment, eyes close as he listen to it, while it blew in his hair and feathers. He felt really refreshed from all this.

The wolf eventually woke up and walked up to the river but did not come in it, simply laying on the shore and watching them.

-Have you decided on what you will be doing?-

The spirit asked, as he turned to look at Raholin. A long red dragonfly had decided to rest upon his head, as if he was wearing a strange hat.

FlowyWolf

Before understanding what the spirit asked him, he had a sudden burst of laughter as soon as he saw that red bug landing onto Mephistel's head. He didn't know why he found it so hilarious, maybe it was just his anxiety who tried to unload, yet he laughed happily for a moment, until the meaning of those words finally brought him back to his actual problem.

Stifling his laugh, he quickly became serious and, after taking another moment to think if he was doing right, he finally decided to answer the spirit.

"Actually, yes, I think I know what to do..." he was angry, he didn't understand why he couldn't find the courage to take part from Ahuzanel, even if he had just met him.
Deeply in his soul, however, he knew what the real problem was, but he didn't want to face his real fear.

"I... I'll try to reach Serendipity, that's the only chance I have to survive." Fearing the silence that could follow his question, he quickly asked Ahuzanel the first thing he could think about.
"Do you know if there are guards controlling the border? Can anyone go from one side to another, or should I have some sort of authorization?"

Mephistel

OOC:Why do I have a bug on my head? lol
--------------------------------------------------------

As the young man burst in laughter, Ahuzanel was trying to find the reason behind it, he hadn't noticed the huge dragonfly on his head, it was so light that he didn't even feel it. It eventually buzz away with it's great transparent wings and Ahuzanel smiled at it.

When Raholin turned all serious, the spirit looked at him and listened, he felt that this was somewhat important. He could feel the incertitudes in the young man's heart, but he was ready to listen to him.

As he heard the news, he wanted to say something, but was quickly interrupted by another question. It stopped him in his train of thoughts as he was thinking about a new answer.

-I'm effraid I don't know...I've never been close to the borders, as I don't usually take the roads...-

He said. He smiled at him kindly and put a hand on his shoulder.

-You will be fine...I believe you have the strenght to make it! No matter what!-

He said. He was sad to see him go away, but he knew they couldn't be together forever either. Nontheless, his expression turned sad for a moment, he shook his head slightly and looked back at him.

-I...know you have to go but...if you ever feel lonely...or...if you need a friend...-

He started scratching one of the scale on his shoulder, soon taking it off. It was the size of a thumb and shining softly.

-You can talk to me trough your dreams...just sleep with it in your hand...and we can meet...-

He said with a warm smile.

FlowyWolf

OOC: Sorry, I tried to write it as Raholin could see it in my opinion, giving the fact he has no knowledge about the nature and the types of animal that grows in the forest, but maybe calling bug a dragonfly was too much :P
--------------------------------------------------------

Hearing Ahuzanel's answer, Raholin wasn't surprised at all. The spirit already explained him he wasn't so aware about how things went in the human world, yet he tried once more, hoping stupidly he could receive a different answer.

However, those reassuring words that came after his first response made his question worthy. And more than that, what happened after that.

When Raholin heard Ahuzanel's words, and then received his scale, he sensed his tears pushing against his eyes, and they soon managed to break their barrier.

-You can talk to me through your dreams...just sleep with it in your hand...and we can meet...-
He repeated those words a thousand times in his head, incredulous.
Staring that bright scale, he finally succeeded in opening his mouth and talking again:

"What... are you saying that... we could keep in touch as if... yeah, I mean... as if we're in the same place?"

Mephistel

ooc: No, that's because you wrote ''that red bug landing onto Mephistel's head'', that,s why ha ha^^
----------------------------------------------------------

Ahuzanel smiled to him, nodding.

-Yes, well, more or less, we would be able to talk together trough your dreams, just like we are doing now.-

He explained. He closed Raholin's hand on the scale.

-Take good care of it, if you want, I can accompany you to Serendipity borders...-

He added. Wolfang looked at him, a bit worried. This meant taking more human path, but it seemed like Ahuzanel had grown attach to the young human, so he said nothing, simply watching over him.

-That would make the road less lonely right?-