Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Toward the freedom [Mephistel] [Open]

Started by FlowyWolf, April 10, 2016, 03:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowyWolf

A shiver ran through his spine as the three of them went back to the real world, filling him with fear. Even if the giant armor seemed calmer than before, he wasn't so confident in staying there like that.

However, he felt really relieved when he saw him drop his giant weapon, and so his will to fight. Hearing Oblivia's words, Raholin felt really lucky he was facing the Pursuer, and not the woman.

However, even if the Pursuer looked quiet and accepted his request, he still had to convince him he wasn't his enemy. At the end, he had faced enough trouble in that last day, he didn't need another fight at all.

"Thanks, really, fighting with you is definitely off of my plans..." even because, if he had to, he would probably be dead in an instant. "Listen, I know you've been created to kill the mages, but... well, you don't have to, that's not your job anymore!" His voice looked mostly as a petition, it was almost as Raholin was about to cry in a moment, yet he managed to keep his eyes dry.

He didn't know what else could he tell him to plead his case, but he knew he had to say something else, he needed badly the Pursuer not to be his enemy.

"At the end, you too are made with magic so... if you think about it, you're more similar to us, than to the men who created you..." he actually wasn't sure that could help him, so he quickly added the first thing his frightened mind could find:
"By the way, I'm Raholin, and you are..." he waited for him to complete the sentence, full of hopes and fears. 

KingTyrant

The towering suit of armor's gaze seemed to focus on Raholin, the being taking in a huge breath as he remained perfectly silent. Pursuers weren't known for their ways with words, and this one certainly seemed adamant on not talking as much as possible. After a long silence, the Pursuer gazed towards the ground, his body still as he spoke.

Vaan...

The same name from earlier, repeated in the same metallic, monotone fashion. "Well..." Oblivia's voice rang out, cutting the silence in half as she stood, walking to Vaan and placing a hand on his chest, patting the armor a couple times. "That settles that. No more swingy-slashy business from you, right Vaan?" She asked. Vaan replied with a simple nod. "Good... Such an adorable hunk of metal..." She murmured, climbing up to the level of his head, kissing his forehead.

Jumping down, she turned to Raholin and his companions, preparing to say something when she was grabbed by her arm, Vaan throwing her up on his shoulder roughly. She let out a scream of surprise, laughing nervously as she was perched on the Pursuer's shoulder. "Well... I could get used to this... Certainly beats walking!" She mused. Vaan already began walking away from the group, weapon in hand as he slowly lumbered off. "I'd suggest we keep moving for Serendipity! Daylight won't last forever!" She called to them.

FlowyWolf

Raholin sighed relieved hearing the Pursuer reveal his name. He couldn't still believe what was going on, just a few minutes before that Vaan tried to chop his head off, and now he was offering them to travel together.

It didn't make sense, Raholin knew it, but he also knew it was better to have that giant monster as an ally, than as an enemy. Moreover, they were already moving, so they had no much time to think about it.
Therefore, turning his head toward Ahuzanel and Wolfang, he asked them:

"So, what do you think, do you want us to go with them?".