Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy... [Glob!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, April 21, 2016, 11:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

It was a lazy afternoon.

Raxta lay stretched on her belly on a heavy tree limb, one leg and her tail dangling down, her tail swaying in contentment. Beneath her was a running stream where many prey animals came to drink, and that was part of the reason she was up there--aside from just being lazy and relaxing in general! But she was on hunting duty today, and this was a guaranteed way to get the job done with minimal effort. Eventually, something would pass beneath, and when it did, she would get the drop on it.

Quite literally.

For with the thick leaves concealing her, it was hard to spot her from the ground unless one knew exactly where to look. At the moment, she rested in human form, dressed in a simple fur wrap around her hips and a linen band that bound her breasts--but in a flash she could be a leopard, armed to the teeth with jaws strong enough to snap a spine or pierce a skull.

Now it was just a waiting game as she half dozed, her ears flicking idly to ward off buzzing insects. Hopefully she'd at least get to take home something larger than a monkey today!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Herrick had a few days ahead of his pursuers.

Mordecai, and thsy'd taken exception to Herrick's possesion of one of Connlaoth's minor relics. A royal chalice, to be precise.

All he knew is that if he didn't find a place to hide, they'd catch up to him eventually. But first, a stop for water.

Herrick pulled out a water skin and knelt by the river, ears open as he filled up on the clear water.

Rhindeer

There was movement below her, and Raxta's keen eyes locked onto the thing below her. She couldn't see much through the leaves, but she could see that it wasn't a very large animal. Or rather, it was just the right size that she could take it out without shifting. A primate of some sort? Those were easy.

Pulling her knife from her its sheath at her hip, she let herself drop from the branch, twisting expertly--

And landed square on the person's shoulders, sending them both down. She didn't miss a beat, quickly straddling his back and pressing her blade to the side of his neck, her other hand in his hair.

For a moment she just stared at him in surprise. Oh. So. Yes. Primate, definitely primate.

But not prey.

He looked...almost like her kind. Was he her kind? He didn't smell like her kind. And he didn't have the tail and ears and markings of her kind. And even if he was her kind, he was a week early to be wandering in her tribe's territory.

She blinked.

"Who are you?" she asked in her peoples' tongue.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Herrick didn't even have time to cry out, and he could only stare upwards as a frikkin' cat woman put a knife against his neck. His instincts held, however, so he knew better than to panic and do something stupid.

She didn't immediately slash his throat open with that stone knife of hers, so perhaps there was a way to get out of this. Herrick could only see one obstacle in his path:

Figuring out just what the hell she was saying.

"Hey," He said after a few moments.

"I don't mean you any harm, I was just passing through. Didn't mean to step on your turf."

Rhindeer

Raxta squinted down at him, pursing her lips. The language he spoke was...familiar. And she realized a few beats later that she actually understood the words, even if she was terribly rusty. The trader's tongue, wasn't it called? Few outsiders passed though this part of the jungle, but sometimes they did trade with those that did, and they had learned just enough to make transactions more bearable.

Words like "don't mean any harm" and "just passing through" were especially common from people faced with a fierce jaguar people. But Raxta hadn't been concerned about that in the first place, because she didn't feel threatened. After all, she was the one currently pinning him. More than anything, she was simply curious.

After another pause, she drew her knife away, sheathed it, and rolled him onto his back. Then she simply sat on his belly and looked at him, intense and cat-like, before she cracked a smile.

"Sorry," she said, and gave his hair an apologetic ruffle--which she used as an excuse to also feel for his ears. She blinked again, feeling only strange primate ears instead of jaguar ears, and leaned in closer to give him another sniff to be sure.

Nope, definitely not her kind.

"You're not jaguar..." she mused. "Are you a monkey? You have no tail..."

DaGlobster

Okay, what was happening right now.

Herrick was ready to bolt, but she sat on his belly too quickly, and now he was kept there by her weight. She ruffled his hair, groped at his ears, and then finally, he got some words out of her. He was quite surprised for that first word.

When it became clear to him that she didn't mean any harm either (hopefully), he let himself relax just a tiny bit.

"No, I'm not a jaguar. Human," Herrick replied, and he put himself up on his elbows a bit so he could get a better look at his "assailant."

"You live here?"

Rhindeer

Raxta nodded, smiling again, recognizing his words. Human, though? She had never met a human herself, though others of her kind had. But the last human hadn't been through here in years! She knew about them, though; her kind had some interesting artifacts they had traded for long ago, things humans had made, and she knew they had many different kingdoms from all over the place, that they traveled far and wide.

And, getting a much better look at him now, she also saw their people weren't too different in looks--and that this human, at least, was very handsome.

And he was hers.

For she had caught him.

"Yes, I live here. And you do, too. For now," she said, tail swishing, before she leaned in abruptly--and nuzzled her nose to his. "I like you. I'll make you mine."

DaGlobster

"Wait, wh-"

She nuzzled him, and Herrick couldn't help but to squirm underneath her, taken off guard by her friendliness. His mind raced, wondering just what this jaguar-woman meant, but also realizing that this could be a blessing in disguise.

The mordecai were hot on his tail, and perhaps sticking with this jaguar woman was the safest bet. She had do have a lair somewhere, right?

"Wait hold on, what do you mean?"

Rhindeer

"I mean I choose you," Raxta said, staring at him as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. As though she expected him to know their customs, for wasn't it the way things were done everywhere? It was, as far as her very limited understanding of the world went.

"You will be my mate."

DaGlobster

Herrick just stared at her, and then he deflated a bit. His eyes darted about, looking to see if there was a way out of this, but when he found none, he looked back up to her.

He supposed she wasn't bad looking. Actually, she was pretty hot, in her own sort of way.

"Uh, okay, I guess,"

As long as I don't get my throat slashed!

He shifted a bit more beneath her.

"So, uh... Mates," Herrick said. Shit, how was he supposed to play along with this?

"Do you have a den somewhere?"

Rhindeer

Oh, good! So he had accepted! For a moment Raxta feared that he might not--which would have definitely been a blow to her ego. She was finally old enough to participate this year, and it would have been disheartening to be rejected so soon!

"No, not a den. A village," she said with a nod, and rolled off of him so he could breathe--and get up. "You are early, and not a jaguar, but it shouldn't matter. We are similar enough." And she reached out again to feel at his hair, marveling at its color. Dark, a stark contrast from the lighter spotted hair of her kind.

"You're very pretty," she said with a nod. "I was supposed to bring back food, but I'm sure everyone else will understand. How are you called?"

DaGlobster

Of all the things she said, the word "early" caught Herrick's ears the most. He sat up, doing his best to ignore her as she put her fingers into his long, semi-unkempt hair.

"Uh, what exactly am I early for?" Herrick asked.

"Is it like... mating season or something?"

Rhindeer

Raxta gave him another blank look. How could he not know these things?

"Yes," she said, cocking her head in confusion. "Is it not the same for humans?"

DaGlobster

"Uh, not really," Herrick said.

"It's more like we just mate whenever we feel like it, all year round."

He sat up and crossed his legs.

"I'm called Herrick."

Rhindeer

"All year round? That is a lot of cubs," Raxta said with wide eyes. For mating, sex, and romance were all very different things to her people.

"Hm. Well, no matter. If you mate all year, then we are still compatible," she said with a nod and a smile. "I am Raxta, Herrick...?" The Rs rolled off her tongue, cat-like, as she tried out his name. "Interesting name. But a good name. Will you come to my village with me, then?"

And then she paused, some of her confidence wavering, for his body language and tone was so...confusing to her! She frowned, ears going back.

"Do you...want to be my mate?"

DaGlobster

"Well, I didn't come here with the intentions of becoming someone's mate," Herrick said plainly. He offered her a smile, however.

"But you seem nice, and you're pretty as well, so... why not?"

The mordecai would never find him there!

Herrick reached out, and after a moment's hesitation, he put a hand on her shoulder.

"I mean, I don't really know you that well, but just give me some time and I'll warm up to you."

I hope!

Rhindeer

That seemed good enough for Raxta. She flashed him a grin, baring her very sharp canines.

"Then it is done!" she said, chest puffing out with pride and tail swishing, for she had just claimed her first mate--an exciting milestone for her. He wasn't even a jaguar, but so what? Besides, though everything else sounded fun, she wasn't quite ready for a squalling cub. Hopefully they were compatible enough, but not completely compatible, either! Not that everyone got a cub out of the season, anyway.

It was perfect.

"I didn't expect to find a mate today, so we are even," she said, and stood, offering her hand to him. "Now come! I'll take you home!"

DaGlobster

Herrick took the hand and stood, and then she'd be able to see that he was much taller than her. He stretched his back, made sure his pack wasn't loosened up by the fall, and looked to her.

Gods, what had he gotten himself into?

He took her hand, and motioned forwards.

"Let's go, then."

Rhindeer

With a nod his way, Raxta gripped his hand and lead the way through the dense jungle, traveling deeper and deeper. Above them, monkeys and birds hollered, creating quite the ruckus, and the jungle seemed alive with the sounds of different animals and insects. There were other predators about, bigger ones than Raxta, but she wasn't too concerned. They were usually fairly rare, and she could escape to the trees at a moment's notice.

Before too long, the jungle opened up, revealing a huge clearing where many of the trees had been leveled to make space for what Raxta had described earlier as a village.

It was more like a tiny city.

There were many huts and larger, sturdier buildings all about, and a massive stone temple at the center, and all around there were people.

People like Raxta, with the markings and features of jaguars, all of them women, from the very young to the very old.

Raxta flashed a fanged smile Herrick's way. "We are home."

DaGlobster

Herrick kept his eyes peeled as they travelled through the jungle, but when they cleared it and came across Raxta's village, he was dumbfounded to say the least.

An entire civilization of jaguar women, living in the Kishahn. He'd heard the tales, but... to think it actually existed?

His eyes scanned the city, and he felt a bit vulnerable, as he stuck out like a sore thumb around here. Herrick looked back down at his "mate," and offered her a smile as well.

"Well shit, it's a whole city," Herrick said, a bit of wonder in his voice.

"And is it... is it just females here?"

Tags: