Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Plot Thread For: The Adela Dragon Conflict [AKA: Darkened Skies]

Started by Codex, April 27, 2016, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

Alright! SO I FINALLY DID IT!

I'm assuming most of those reading this are already familiar with this event, but for the new and curious, I'll explain.

The Legend...

Many, MANY years ago, a powerful dragon once terrorized the inhabitants of Adela. This dragon was known as Nevira, the Novian. She burned cities, villages, and any settlement that supported non dragon related sentient species. She did this on one basic principle: She believed any species non dragon related was INFERIOR. They did not deserve to ride, or even live with dragons. Her destruction was so great, a large alliance was formed from powerful mages across the province to put a halt to the dragon's merciless genocide. This Alliance was known as "Mithril Fire" And it consisted of dozens of powerful mages, all aimed towards the salvation of Adela.

However, Nevira was far from any ordinary dragon. Ancient legends told of 5 guardians. 5 Dragons that protected primitive Adela by guarding its natural state, and keeping the peace. These 5 were known as the Holywyrm, Hellwyrm, Depthwyrm, Groundwyrm, and Skywyrm. Each taking a specific field to protect. Nevira was one of these 5... The legends foretold of a holy dragon of angelic power which was lured by evil temptations... This dragon fell victim to the corruption of the void. Altering their mind, appearance, and abilites. And became the Void Wyrm. With a rampaging soul, and a heart full of unstable magic, she became a monster of terrifying power.

After the alliance was formed, it wasn't long until the Dragon Lord acknowledged their challenge, and took it. Mithiril Fire battled the great beast in an unknown location somewhere within the Thunderblacks. The battle was long and brutal, however, the strength of the mages managed to bind the massive dragon in place. Using an ancient, and forbidden power, a human mage stepped forward, and casted Nevira into the void... Mithril Fire had achieved their goal. Nevira was defeated, and Adela was saved. However, the exact effects of the spell used was uncertain, even to the mage who used it. So therefore, Mithril Fire vowed to safeguard Adela in case the spell ever wore off, and the Dragon Lord returned. After the great battle, the guardian chain was broken with Nevira gone. The other 4 great dragons went into a deep slumber, hiding themselves from the world. Leaving Adela to its fate, as the inhabitants were responsible for breaking the chain.

Centuries passed, but nothing happened. Over the many years, the members of the alliance started to dwindle. As time went on, more were convinced the spell was permanent. Mithril Fire slowly died out. Now only very few are still descendants of those who fought the Dragon.

In present day Adela, everything seems to be going normal. The events that took place hundreds of years ago have all but faded from memory. Becoming nothing more then a Fairy Tale. However... Unknown to the public... The ancient seal of the void is breaking... And only the few who were in the bloodline of Mithril Fire can feel it...

The Reality...
By an unknown force, the seal has been broken! The Dragon Lord has returned to the world, with seering vengeance and hatred against those who cursed her. However, she is not alone this time. Nevira will use her persuasion skills and convince many other dragons that they must liberate themselves from others. A conflict is coming... Which side are you on?

Guide
Welcome to the official Darkened Skies plotting thread! This thread will act as the thread tracker for this event, and announcement board! As well as the character roster board! Interested in joining? Terrific! All you need to do is fill out a quick application with a link to your completed character! Once that's done, I'll place your character on the board along with the others, and you have become an official player for the Darkened Skies Dragon Conflict! There are no rules as to who and who cannot join! Any character of any species is welcomed! (Provided they have a good explanation for getting involved) Remember! This is an OPEN event! meaning anyone can join in at anytime! Regardless of how far the event's progressed. So never be afraid to sign up if you're worried the story is too deep for your character.

Event Moderators
These people will be acting as official Darkened Skies Event moderators! While they have no actual power on site, they do have power for this event. Feel free to ask them questions concerning the plot, and send them your character applications. They have the right to approve or disapprove of any character app they see fit. As well on the rare occasion kick members from the event if they break any site rules. They can run side plots, and give people permission to do so as well!

Event Head Administrator: Legit Violet
Event Moderator: Heretic King, Fukurou, Egoistic Waffle

Discord!
For all of you who have Discord, join us in our plotting chat here! Link: https://discord.gg/F4AcheM

Character Application
Here is the character application for those who are joining. Copy and paste it into your reply once you've filled it out! Assuming everything checks out, you'll be added to the roster! (Note: You can apply as many characters as you want, but each must have a separate application unless they are part of a duo/trio etc.)

APP:

Character Name:
Species:
Desired Position: (Antagonist, Protagonist, Unaligned)
IC (In Character) Ambitions: (Your character's goals and ambitions that they strive for within this event)
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: (Your goals and ambitions for this character. As a writer, what is the kind of role you have planned for this character? And how deep will their participation be for this event?)

Character Roster

Antagonists

Protagonists

Unaligned

Thread Tracker
Prologue: The Whisper Knows All - Nevira, Senka [Status: COMPLETED]

1. Saving Grace - Vaia, Rylzyr, Mortum, Rathen [Status: COMPLETED]

2. Negotiations - Nevira, Valia [Status: COMPLETED]

3. A Meeting of Hellfire - Saevic, Baia [Status: COMPLETED]

4. Words of the Past - OPEN THREAD (PM @Klezmer Gryphon before joining!) [Status: ACTIVE]

5. Revelation - Vaia, Rylzyr, Mortum, Nazix, Senka [Status: ACTIVE]

6. A Sign of Things to Come - OPEN THREAD (PM @KingTyrant before joining!) [Status: ACTIVE]

7. Their Corpses Shall Bear Our Bannars - Nevira, Limadan, Hvittraak [Status: COMPLETED]

8. Prelude to War - Sorventh, Druaduhn [Status: COMPLETED]

9. Meeting of Hellfire and the Voidwyrm - Nevira, Druaduhn [Status:ACTIVE]

Event Theme: Ancient Storm

Fukurou

Character Name: Rylzyr T'avaar
Species: X'zyri
Desired Position: An Unwilling Protagonist.
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Rylzyr is an accomplished mage and a self-proclaimed scholar whose specialty is anything to do with ancient and forbidden magic. Having spent a little over a century dealing with all kinds of forbidden magic, he is quite knowledgeable on the subject and could prove to be a worthy ally. So far, he's managed to keep this aspect of his research a secret from the general public. However, some scholars within the magical community claim that he might not be as honest about his interests as he insists. This rumor is strengthened by the negative stereotype that the X'zyri are a people who worships demons and actively practice blood rituals. As far as ambitions go, he'll probably be reluctant to join at first, but he has a tendency to fall face-first into conflicts that he wants nothing to do with. He will, however, be very interested in studying whatever spell the Mithiril Fire used along with its affects.
He will not be a descendant of the Mithiril Fire.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I'm pretty flexible based off of what other protags we have. He could act as a mentor, a person who researches and translates the ancient forbidden texts, a main player among the mages, or all of the above. I'm even open for ideas and suggestions. I'm pretty active, so I feel comfortable with having him be pretty involved.

Codex

QuoteCharacter Name: Rylzyr T'avaar
Species: X'zyri
Desired Position: An Unwilling Protagonist.
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Rylzyr is an accomplished mage and a self-proclaimed scholar whose specialty is anything to do with ancient and forbidden magic. Having spent a little over a century dealing with all kinds of forbidden magic, he is quite knowledgeable on the subject and could prove to be a worthy ally. So far, he's managed to keep this aspect of his research a secret from the general public. However, some scholars within the magical community claim that he might not be as honest about his interests as he insists. This rumor is strengthened by the negative stereotype that the X'zyri are a people who worships demons and actively practice blood rituals. As far as ambitions go, he'll probably be reluctant to join at first, but he has a tendency to fall face-first into conflicts that he wants nothing to do with. He will, however, be very interested in studying whatever spell the Mithiril Fire used along with its affects.
He will not be a descendant of the Mithiril Fire.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I'm pretty flexible based off of what other protags we have. He could act as a mentor, a person who researches and translates the ancient forbidden texts, a main player among the mages, or all of the above. I'm even open for ideas and suggestions. I'm pretty active, so I feel comfortable with having him be pretty involved.

Approved! Welcome to the plot!

ScalesNDbook

Character Name:  Levi Rotfuer  
Species: phoenix       
Desired Position:  Protagonist
IC (In Character) Ambitions:
Levi want to protect himself and other non dragons from  Nevira and her cronies.  Levi would like to meet more non humans , dragons or other.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions:
I'm OK with all plots.
I want my character to fight with a powerful  opponent.

Arclightning

Character Name: Rathen(www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19990.msg271965#msg271965)
Species: Human
Desired Position: Unaligned, for now
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Rathen sees the resurfacing of a powerful and ancient dragon as the perfect opportunity to regain his name. He believes that if a dragon changed his name, an older and more powerful dragon can change it back, and unlock his full magic potential
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: Rathen is fragile. His psychosis is cracked, and on the verge of shattering. He can either regain his sanity or snap. Getting back his powers (or having the opportunity slip through his fingers) might send him over the edge, or pull him back. I just want to see him either fall into insanity or be saved.

Mephistel

Character Name:Tamariel
Species: Dragon
Desired Position: Antagonist
IC (In Character) Ambitions: She wants to protect her kin, for they don't deserve to be treated like slave. Making sure her baby is born safely.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: Be able to safely hatch the last of her eggs and stop people from slaving dragons.

Codex

QuoteCharacter Name:  Levi Rotfuer   
Species: phoenix       
Desired Position:  Protagonist
IC (In Character) Ambitions:
Levi want to protect himself and other non dragons from  Nevira and her cronies.  Levi would like to meet more non humans , dragons or other.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions:
I'm OK with all plots.
I want my character to fight with a powerful  opponent.

QuoteCharacter Name: Rathen(www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19990.msg271965#msg271965)
Species: Human
Desired Position: Unaligned, for now
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Rathen sees the resurfacing of a powerful and ancient dragon as the perfect opportunity to regain his name. He believes that if a dragon changed his name, an older and more powerful dragon can change it back, and unlock his full magic potential
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: Rathen is fragile. His psychosis is cracked, and on the verge of shattering. He can either regain his sanity or snap. Getting back his powers (or having the opportunity slip through his fingers) might send him over the edge, or pull him back. I just want to see him either fall into insanity or be saved.

QuoteCharacter Name:Tamariel
IC (In Character) Ambitions: She wants to protect her kin, for they don't deserve to be treated like slave. Making sure her baby is born safely.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: Be able to safely hatch the last of her eggs and stop people from slaving dragons.

All approved!

Fukurou

I'll throw another in!

Character Name: Wynnifred, AKA Wynn
Desired Position: Protagonist
IC (In Character) Ambitions: It was unknown whether or no Wynn's parents were killed or if they had abandoned her, but as a young wyrmling she found herself alone and afraid. She felt as though she was doomed until a kind and caring elderly man took him back to his village, and together along with everyone else in the village, raised the young dragon. She is fiercely loyal to the people she sees has her family: human kind. She seeks to protect them in any way possible. Besides, why would she want to serve a species that abandoned her at her time of need?
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: She can be involved as much or as little as we need. I thought it would be nice to put a dragon in the protag side anyway. ^ ^

Jounin64

Hmmm, do you think my char Aveline and her Order of Drage would fit in all this?

Codex

She could have a role, but I'm sure she'd automatically be enemies with Nevira. Aveline would be the exact kind of person Nevira would hate, especialy since she's human.

Fukurou

A protagonist with their own agenda might make things interesting.

Arclightning

I think my character Rathen fills that role perfectly. Well, maybe not perfectly since he might end up being an antagonist, But still.

FlowyWolf

Character Name: Rekhut
Species: Earth Dragon
IC (In Character) Ambitions: to clear the world from the deceptive humans. Secretly, he also hopes that, once the humanity has been purified from its evil members, they could live together in peace.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: Rekhut still can't hate the whole humanity, so I'd like he either decides to line up steadily with the dragons or has some remorse and change sides.

Codex

QuoteCharacter Name: Wynnifred, AKA Wynn
Desired Position: Protagonist
IC (In Character) Ambitions: It was unknown whether or no Wynn's parents were killed or if they had abandoned her, but as a young wyrmling she found herself alone and afraid. She felt as though she was doomed until a kind and caring elderly man took him back to his village, and together along with everyone else in the village, raised the young dragon. She is fiercely loyal to the people she sees has her family: human kind. She seeks to protect them in any way possible. Besides, why would she want to serve a species that abandoned her at her time of need?
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: She can be involved as much or as little as we need. I thought it would be nice to put a dragon in the protag side anyway. ^ ^

QuoteCharacter Name: Rekhut
Species: Earth Dragon
IC (In Character) Ambitions: to clear the world from the deceptive humans. Secretly, he also hopes that, once the humanity has been purified from its evil members, they could live together in peace.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: Rekhut still can't hate the whole humanity, so I'd like he either decides to line up steadily with the dragons or has some remorse and change sides.

Both approved!

Codex

After discussion with some people who haven't yet put up their characters, this is an update that Nevia's fist thread will start soon!

As for who will all be in it has not yet been decided. It will be the thread which depicts the void seal being broken, and Nevira returning to Adela.

If you think your character has a logical reason as to why they should be present in this thread, feel free to PM me :)

Sheshia

Character Name: Sheshia
Species: Werecat
Ambitions: She wants the people to feel the pain she felt and become stronger.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I plan for Sheshia to turn good at a certain point in the story if that's okay. I also want her to learn more about others since she has a little understanding a more about society. And possibly learn a few more techniques for magic and close combat. Also probably find out a bit more of Sheshia herself.

Codex

QuoteCharacter Name: Sheshia
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I plan for Sheshia to turn good at a certain point in the story if that's okay. I also want her to learn more about others since she has a little understanding a more about society. And possibly learn a few more techniques for magic and close combat. Also probably find out a bit more of Sheshia herself.

Approved!

Sheshia

Quote from: Legit Violet on May 12, 2016, 11:35:18 AM
QuoteCharacter Name: Sheshia

Approved!
Thanks for approving :)
I have  question. I'm just wondering when the rp will start. So when do you think it would start around?

Codex

The official first thread of the event depicting Nevira's return has just begun!
After which, it'd be smart to plan the destiny of your characters now and PM me.

Arclightning

Tags: