Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Plot Thread For: The Adela Dragon Conflict [AKA: Darkened Skies]

Started by Codex, April 27, 2016, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arclightning

Yeah please do. Im sorry fro my absence, I had no forewarning and something came up. Im really sorry

Fukurou

Hey guys! I've mentioned this somewhere else on the site but I just wanted to pop in and apologize for how long it's taking me to update. I've been extremely busy these last few weeks and the stress of everything I have to do has been giving me insane writer's block. However, things should calm down by the beginning of next week. I'll try to get that reply ASAP!

I'm very sorry for the wait.

Codex

ANNOUNCMENT

ALright! So I know this event has gotten kinda quiet over the past week or so with the slow start of the first thread. So now I am giving permission for EVERYONE to get involved by starting their own threads. Here's how it'll work.

If you wish to start your own thread, either reply telling me WHO out of all the chars on the roster is going to be in this thread, and what the main objective and purpose of said thread will be. Feel free to PM the owners of any of the listed characters to ask them to plot with you.

Assuming everything goes through, I'll add it to the thread tracker, and put it's status as "ACTIVE" There are a few rules however. First off, you cannot have any characters in your thread that are ALREADY in another active thread. They can be in a completed thread, seeing as that doesn't interfere with the timeline. So, if any of you wanted you could ask Nevira to be apart of it. Since she is currently in no active threads. I will be watching all of the threads you guys create, and PM you suggestions to keep the plot relevant to the story itself.

I am giving you guys complete freedom with the situation of these threads, except for a few things. For example, Nevira's presence in Adeal is still Unkown by the general population, so if you are RPing as a protagonists, it is likely you they'd have no idea that she's returned. Until a thread is created involving Nevira, who makes her presence known to the rest of Adela.

this action is mainly due to pick up speed of the event. Doing one thread at a time will slow it down significantly, so I'm hoping multiple at once will make this go smoother. Also so no one has to continue playing the waiting game. Make sure whatever thread you guys create, it is relevant to the event. I'd recommend getting your chars together, so you'd already be apart of a group when the second half kicks in.

I hope this gives you guys muse to keep this event alive. Feel free to drop hints of Nevira being present if you're RPING as a protag. If your an antagonist, it is fine if you already know. Unless you'd much rather to an intro thread with the Void Wyrm herself...

Medievarad

Codex

Medievarad

No idea.

Valia is.. Resourceful. She can confront the bad guy anywhere.

Codex

At this point in the event's timeline, Nevira would most likely be at the peak of Demonpeak. A location she decided to rally her army of dragon followers.  However, they'd all be situated underneath the mountain the huge expansive cave system. So yeah, she'd be concerned with raising an army right now. Only the dragons who are already part of the army knows she's returned. Unless your character has already found out by other means.

Medievarad

She can follow the mass congregation of dragons and find out what is going on? She has a very keen ability of clairvoyance and can sense clusters of dragons or humanoïds from miles away.

KingTyrant

I'm thinking of a pretty action-oriented thread... Involving the dragon riders of Adela. I was thinking that the dragons rebel against their riders and begin scorching the town of Ketra, angered and ready to join Nevira's cause. The characters I'm including are Tri and Oblivia. Anyone with a free protagonist can join by request. Lemme know what you think, Violet. It's your event, after all.

Fukurou

Wynn is also open for just about anything!

And the good news is, I'm back in the USA and I have a lot more free time to be active. :D

Sheshia

Quote from: Fukurou on August 09, 2016, 02:54:24 PM
Wynn is also open for just about anything!

And the good news is, I'm back in the USA and I have a lot more free time to be active. :D
Welcome back to the US! :) Oh and Sheshia would be open for anything also but school is gonna be starting back up for me in a few weeks so I'll be not as active as usual.

Codex

THat all sounds like it could work, although there are few things I will point out.

Nevira has kept her dragon army hidden away in the Thunderblacks, so it would be likely that no one outside knows about her return. If they do know about a dragon army, it would most likely be viewed as a small pocket rebellion, nothing too serious. Until people know and understand who the leader of it all is. Also, you should put someone's antagonist in this thread :3

I feel like any of the evil dragons on the antagonist roster would fit to spark this little fight at Ketra.

Medievarad

It could work, Valia isn't aligned with anyone, she's merely a neutral party. She'd come to investigate and try to talk to Nevira. She isn't exactly human, more a being of almost pure fire, so that works ^^

Codex

That sounds fine HK. It'd be interesting to see these two interact. Nevira would be found at the peak of the mountain, but Demonpeak is known to have an endless snowstorm covering its top, so it make the perfect place for a GIANT black dragon to hide. While her army is situated underneath the mountain. The caves would be often patrolled by Draconians who've been hired.  Now that you've been given the layout, feel free to start the thread. Make sure you label it with: [Darkened Skies Event] So we can boost a little advertisement. After that I'll input it into the thread tracker.

Also, I will make another annoucment soon concerning antagonists, so stay updated!

Medievarad

Quote from: Legit Violet on August 09, 2016, 05:07:33 PM
That sounds fine HK. It'd be interesting to see these two interact. Nevira would be found at the peak of the mountain, but Demonpeak is known to have an endless snowstorm covering its top, so it make the perfect place for a GIANT black dragon to hide. While her army is situated underneath the mountain. The caves would be often patrolled by Draconians who've been hired.  Now that you've been given the layout, feel free to start the thread. Make sure you label it with: [Darkened Skies Event] So we can boost a little advertisement. After that I'll input it into the thread tracker.

Also, I will make another annoucment soon concerning antagonists, so stay updated!

Will do! I'll also tzg you, of course ^^

KingTyrant

I think that Baia would best fit the bill for starting the dragon uprising in Ketra. However, any dragon antagonist would do. If you're interested, just post here that you'd like to get involved. Same goes for protagonists.

I also wouldn't mind Nevira meeting Saevic, but that can wait. He too felt Nevira's return, when it happened, but he has no idea who she is or what she's planning. All he knows is that she's a dragon.

Fukurou

Quote from: Sheshia on August 09, 2016, 03:28:53 PM
Welcome back to the US! :)
Thank you! :)

So yeah, Wynn's availible. She could perhaps run into a dragon on the antagonist's side. It can be a pretty short thread. I'm also willing to wait as well. ^.^

Thorok

Legit Violet I sent you a PM to chat about this if you aren't busy? :)

Xavier_

Character Name: Xavier
Species: Human
Desired Position: Antagonist
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Revenge. Fuck those people that ostracized him simply because of his lineage.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: First event, seems interesting. Fight with dragons and shit.

Thorok

Character Name:
Mazaloth the Hellworm

Species:
Dragon

Desired Position:
Antagonist/Unaligned

IC (In Character) Ambitions:
To gain respect from the mightier dragon, that he may be ignored by such a creature who happens to be mroe powerful than him, since he can't defeat her.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions:
Want some character growth for my characters ^^

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=21187.0

^ Link to my character!