Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fear of the Dark [M]

Started by Lion, April 29, 2016, 12:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Decebal dropped her to the ground, holding her until he was sure she wouldn't nab him with those damn teetg.  He was pretty sure a bite from her would have little effect on him, but it was better to be safe than sorry.  He straddled her and kept his hold firm, presenting the mangled burnt mass of his left arm beside her head.

"I want to talk about your former master Lorian."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

She cried out in surprise as he actually managed to pin her and glowered up at him.

Then her already pale face blanched. Gods, just hearing that name sent a shiver down her spine. She bared her teeth in a snarl, panic flashing in her eyes.

"I haven't seen Lorian in months. I heard he was dead," she blustered.

Lion

"Last I heard he was skulking around the Thunderblacks, but that was many months and moons ago," Decebal growled.  "I want to find him.  And cut off his miserable head.  Now I was thinking before you ran, that maybe you might a piece of that, because I can tell you're none too fond of the bastard."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Gwen stilled. She stared up at him, incredulous. "Kill him?" She barked a laugh. "Sweetheart, if that was possible I would've done it ages ago."

Her eyes narrowed and she bit out, "And if that's what you wanted, what's with the fucking whip? Didn't anyone ever teach you how to say hello? Damn."

Lion

"Look if you settle down, I'll let you go.  But the second you try to run, I'll hogtie you, got it?" he hissed and slowly released his weight from atop her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Gwen stopped struggling long enough for him to get off, then slowly sat up. "Got it," she muttered. Wriggling in the confines of the whip, she arched an eyebrow and added, "If you wanna have any sort of conversation, I'd appreciate it if you'd get this damned this off of me."

Lion

Decebal was hesitant at first.  The whip would keep her confined where he needed her and he wasn't entirely sure she wouldn't just bolt at the first opportunity.  But he supposed one of them had to take a leap of faith and he figured why not him.

He untied the whip and coiled it back before wrapping it back into the loop on his belt and helping her stand.  "Let's go back to the inn.  Or some place quiet where we can talk."  He kept his hard eyes glued to her however.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She nodded slowly, mute, and pulled her hood up over her hair. "This way."

Slowly, Gwen turned and started back toward the inn. Her mind was racing- she couldn't risk running now, he'd be on her again in an instant. She had to play for time.

Lion

Decebal kept close, enough to be able to snatch her up should she try anything.  He followed her toward the inn once more.  He looked between her and the few other people on the dirt paths within the village.  He stayed quiet, following her until they reached their destination.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Gwen was silent, thinking, desperately trying to work out a way out of this situation. She led them to the inn, then quietly up a set of back stairs and to the room she'd rented.

"Alright." She turned to face him once they were inside, eyes flicking over his shoulder to the door, then back to his face. "You wanted to talk? Talk."

Lion

"Before, when I was wrestling you to the ground," he said.  "You mentioned Lorian sending me after you.  How long ago did you run from him?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Lion

"It's just quite some time to be looking over your shoulder.  How can you be so sure he would send anyone after you?  What makes you such an asset to Lorian?" Decebal pressed suspiciously.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Gwen was quiet for a moment, just staring at him. Then she sighed and shook her head. "Honestly? I  don't know. He..."

Memories flashed behind her eyes and she shuddered. "He said I was the first he'd turned in a while, but he- he was planning to make more. He said I was...special." She closed her eyes and shook her head. "That's all I know."

Lion

"How did you get away?" Decebal said, leaning back and gauging her carefully.  He hadn't thought of the arm he'd expossed, laying it out before them and tapping his fingers in rhythm with one another.  It was idle action that he hadn't really noticed until he felt his nails digging into the material.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Gwen's eyes flicked to his arm and widened slightly. Well no wonder he'd been able to overpower her- it didn't look like he was anymore human than she was.

She cleared her throat and pulled her gaze away, looking to his face. "I got lucky," she said bluntly. "He didn't realize his thrall on me was fading as I got stronger. More comfortable with...what I am. I faked it for a while, and then one night I took a horse from the stables and just- went."

Lion

"I guess every woman really does fake it," Decebal sneered with a chuckle that edged on a scoff.  But he wasn't here to judge her sex, personally or generally.  He had a vampire to catch, and hopefully kill.

"Nevertheless," he sighed.  "As you can tell Lorian didn't send me. But I am looking for him.  And you'll help me find him.  He's killed a lot more since you've been gone.  Apparently your little departure pissed him off pretty bad.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She glowered at him for that, but didn't try to defend her actions. She didn't need to- he had no idea what it had been like, what she'd had to do just to survive.

"And what makes you think I'm going to stick my neck out for this?" Gwen demanded, fisting her hands on her hips. "I've been doing pretty well keeping away from him so far, thanks very much. I don't care if he's pissed or not, you won't get me within a hundred miles of that bastard."

Lion

"You will if you still want your neck attached to the rest of your bod," Decebal said warningly.  "And not necessarily by my hand either.  If I found you, no doubt Lorian can do the exact same thing."

He sighed and shook his head.  "Look, I'm here to help you so long as you help me, okay?  I can protect you if necessary.  Lorian is my target, not you.  If you help me...I'll think of some way to compensate you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Gwen swallowed slightly. He was right- she'd been lucky these last six months, she knew it.

That, and she was pretty sure this guy could kill her fairly easily if he really wanted to. Best to play along for now.

But that didn't mean she had to be happy about it. "Fine," she snapped after a moment. "Fine. But I'm not sure what sort of help you expect me to be."

Tags: