Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A tale of two sisters [M] [Archived]

Started by Medievarad, April 29, 2016, 03:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Shria let out a soft, almost tired sigh. "Right." She stated as she stopped in her tracks. "Normally, there would be an oasis around here. But as far as I'm seeing. There is no oasis." She glanced.over her shoulder at her sister. "You see an oasis?" She inquired with a soft sigh. "And don't you dare say it's after the next dune," she added, kicking some sand to add strength to her argument.

Night would fall soon, it was already high noon. And they had to get to an oasis to set up camp. Water reserves were running short. And food, well. Three guesses what was for dinner. Sandworm. Delicious, stale sandworm.

DragonSong

Zahra- who had been opening her mouth to attempt to reassure her sister that the oasis was just over the next dune- snapped her mouth shut.

She shrugged and sighed. "Do you think we went too far west?" she murmured, shielding her eyes so she could look up and attempt to judge their position by the setting sun.

Medievarad

Shria glanced up to the sun aswell, letting out an annoyed sigh. "I don't know. How can we tell when there's nothing but goddamn sand," she glanced back at Zahra, "want to retrace steps?"

DragonSong

She let out a heavy sigh and rubbed at her temples. "I don't see that we have many other options," she muttered after a moment, glancing over her shoulder at their footprints in the sand.

Medievarad

"Do we have the time?" Shria inquired. "It's getting late. We might have to dig in."

DragonSong

Zahra shrugged. "Your call, little sister," she murmured, trying to judge the distance of the sun from the horizon.

Medievarad

"'Little'," Shria murmured as she pulled the cloth infront of her mouth a tad higher, before shaking her head. "It'd be too dangerous to go back, dear sister,"  the last said with feigned kindness in her voice.

DragonSong

Zahra crinkled her nose at the other woman and stuck her tongue out rather childishly. "Like I said, your call," she said with a shrug, then glanced around with a sigh. "If we get on the east side of that dune it'll at least block us from the sunrise a bit."

Medievarad

Shria nodded. "Alright," she stated as she nodded in the direction, walking over. "Guess we're sleeping in the sand again, huh."

DragonSong

She nodded, brow furrowed. "Yeah, looks like," Zahra mumbled. She rubbed the back of her neck and winced. "Gods, I'm sick of the desert," she muttered.

Medievarad

"Rather here than Essryn," Shria replied as she slumped down in the sand, covering her own legs. "Besides, you get to cuddle up for warmth with your facourite sister." She said with a soft smirk.

DragonSong

Zahra crinkled her nose at her again. "I don't have many options there- you're my only sister," she pointed out, flopping down beside Shria and curling up onto her side.

Medievarad

"And that attitude is why you never meet any cute boys," she teased. "If there were any in this desert," was what she finally concluded. As the amount of attractive people she had met in this desert were as much as her sister had met. Zero.

She let out a soft sigh and pulled Zahra closer. "Let's try to get some sleep," she murmured with a soft huff.

DragonSong

She scoffed at her twin and flicked one of her ears. "Oh yes, it's my attitude that's the problem," she muttered.

She allowed Shria to pull her closer and curled up. "Night, sis."

Medievarad

"Night," Shria murmured in response, her eyes sliding shut.

DragonSong

Though naturally a restless sleeper, long practice helped Zahra to keep herself still in the chill desert nice, only moving to occasionally press closer to her sister in a quest for warmth.

Medievarad

Shria obviously was the one who slept the easiest of the two. Snoring ever so slightly, stirring occasionally as she felt Zahra move, insincitvly pulling her closer. She subconciously knew her twin was looking for warmth. And she was, besides her head, almost buried to preserve her own warmth.

As the sun rose, Shria opened her eyes silently, before letting out a loud groan. She was incredibly sore.

DragonSong

It was the groan that woke her, and even before her eyes were open Zahra mumbled, "Shria? You okay?"

Medievarad

"Sore," another grunt. "Sand... Everywhere," she bit out as she said up, sand rushing down from her as she stretched painfully.

DragonSong

The elf twisted and shook her head, spitting out the sand her sister rained down on her. "Blech. Alright, we need to find an oasis," she muttered.

Tags: