Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Drops of Time

Started by Draconian, April 30, 2016, 07:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Ciaran frowned at her over his shoulder before he started to walk towards the little pond he'd bathed in earlier. Swinging her from over his shoulder and holding her bridal style he gave her a look and held out his arms. "You have three seconds before I drop you in!" He threaten, "C'mon! My payment is secrets!"

visualspice

Taking one look at the water had her gasping and clinging onto him for dear life.
"Caiarn! You wouldn't dare!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Ciaran grinned widely, slowly lifting her.

"Wouldn't I?" His voice was almost drowned out by the incoming storm and he just grinned at her, an eyebrow lifted and he just smiled, "c'mon Hay-Gee. You let me toss you in and I'll jump in after you."

visualspice

She looked at him, mouth gaping before she closed her mouth and puffed her blushed cheeks.
"You wouldn't! You'd get us both wet!" The winds were blowing hard. "And it's-" She felt a fat rain drop on her cheek... and then quite a few more.
"It's raining! Ciaran!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Ciaran laughed but held her tightly.

"What! A little water never hurt anyone," he practically purred at her, holding hay-gee close to his chest, "whats a little rain?"

visualspice

"Ciaran!" But before she could even protest more about it-
it completely poured on top of them.
Her eyes went wide as she looked at him, and screamed.

Draconian

Ciaran froze.

"Hay-Gee," he said, face falling, leaning over her slightly so he got the brunt of the rain, "It's just a little water. What's wrong?"

visualspice

"Oh!" she huffed and gave him a shove. "Except now it's pouring and-"
Her eyes went wide. And instead of clinging to him, her hands INSTANTLY went to her hair. Oh no! IT was already frizzing up!

Draconian

Ciara just paused, and then he slowly leaned away from her so she got hit by the rainwater again.

"Yeah, and it's just some water," He watched her, his smile returning. Well, this was better than dumping her into the pond, "Hay-Gee. Are you worried about something?" He teased, voice buttery smooth and he started to walk back towards their homes with her still in his arms.

visualspice

Her hands were still trying to cover her head, for all the good that was doing. It frustrated her to no end and she hated it. And then he had to go and ask that.
And that's when she kicked, and moved to pinch his arm, hard.
"Can't you see my hair!? The rain is making it more gnarled than tree roots and frizzier than dandelion fuzz!" She grimaced as she looked at the rain, still struggling before she paused and gave hima wide eyed glare.
"And YOU wanted to toss me into the pond!" oh she could have pinched him again!

Draconian

"Ow!" He giggled, surprised at her pinch. Ciaran just looked at her, an eyebrow raised, and just sort of tilted his head like a confused puppy. "Yeah?" He kept walking, looking at where she pinched him and wishing he could rub it, but that would mean putting Hay-Gee down and then what fun was there to be had?

"It's just hair," He said softly, head titled, a little confused, "You look fine."

visualspice

So many starts to sentences faltered off her tongue before a blush consumed her and she knew she had to look down right ugly.
She couldn't speak, so she simply pinched him again. Oh! He just had to lie to her to make her more upset!

Draconian

"Would'ja stop pinching me!" He barked at her, frowning, continuing to walk. "I don't see the issue, it's just hair! I'm sorry it's getting wet but weather happens. Think of when you finally get brave enough to have sex - that shit isn't pretty. No one looks good doing it." he looked down at her his slightly temper making him lose whatever 'this is a lady don't say bad things' filter he had, "Are you going to be worried about what you look like when you're riding a guy like a pony?"

visualspice

Did he honestly just say that?! So many hot and angry retorts caught in her throat and came out as a half gargled snarling whimper.

"Why would you say that? To say it like that, Ciaran?" Her words were hot and so were the tears in her eyes. "Of course I'd be worried what I looked like! Can't you see me?" The tears were nearly blinding. "No one wants me because I'm not... I'm not pretty, not anymore and you can just put me down. I want to walk. I don't want to talk anymore! I don't .. I-" but her words were cut off by her own pathetic sobs.

Draconian

Oh no.

She was crying.

Ciaran just stared at her, his mouth went dry and he opened it and closed it again and just stared at her.

"Who said you're not pretty?" He said softly, having stopped but tucking them under a tree to keep most of the rain at bay. Ciaran did not put her down, instead he held her tighter and tucked his chin over her head, "Looks aren't everything," he said softly voice rough. He'd made her cry.

Ciaran felt awful.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. Of course I can see you. I see your plush lips and your rosy cheeks, you work outside, Hay-Gee, you're not going to be silk and dresses and you expecting that of yourself isn't doing you any favours. Have you seen my hands? I could ruin fine fabric just by touching it they're so rough." Ciaran sighed before he cuddled her up in his arms and moved to sit down, keeping her firmly on his lap, "I don't care if you want to walk, we're going to sit like this until you're not crying anymore.

visualspice

She felt awkward and hated herself even more for falling into blubbery tears. But it was like all of her worst nightmares come together.

Who said she wasn't pretty?

No one ever said it to her face. No, but she'd heard it enough times behind her back. How she surely became unlucky when puberty hit. And though she could cook a mean pie, there were too many prettier girls in town unmarried, so no one ever looked her way.

She hated even more so that she couldn't control her own tears. They just kept coming. But could she blame the alcohol? she had been sobering since the storm, at least a little- but this..
This was something deeper.

When her tears finally calmed some, she wiped away at the tears on her sleeves, and whimpered through more tears as snot soaked into her sleeve as well when she went to wipe at her nose. She kept her head lowered, still nestled in against his form before closing her eyes.

He was comforting her. And though she still felt out of place. It was.... nice.
She sighed after another moment, trying to collect herself before she mumbled, "I'm such a mess." And went to pat herself down to see if she had a kerchief. She couldn't keep using her sleeve as one- it was already getting soaked from snot.. and tears.

Draconian

This was awkward.

What was he supposed to do with a girl who was sobbing because she thought she was ugly? Ciaran had had his fair share of 'pretty girls'. Met a good number of them. Had sex with a few of them too - charged an arm and a leg. Ciaran watched her blubber and cry and he smoothed his hand up and down her back in an attempt to comfort. He wanted to say she was pretty. Wanted to compliment her.

It wasn't that she was ugly or unattractive, she just... Was normal. Ciaran eyed her lips, those had looked kissable since he'd gotten home and if she hadn't been so... Gross and covered in boogie's he'd have probably done it right now. Blood, Guts and Gore were one thing. Ciaran made a bit of a face after she called herself a mess and he tried not to look at her --- Eugh.

Ciaran cleared his throat and closed his eyes before he turned his face away and brushed away her face with his hands, wiping them on the wet grass and the side of his pants before doing it again. "Hay-Gee," he sighed, "Do you have your eye on some handsome young man who doesn't want you?" He asked, because why else would she be crying so hard? "Just because you're not perfect looking doesn't mean you'll never have anyone. You work outside. You work in front of an oven. Have you seen me? I looked like a baked potato and ..." He pressed his hand to her cheek and he kissed the side of her head, "Either way. You have a lot of child bearing years left. I'm sorry I ... Brought up part of the reason why I'm back." He smile-winced at her, "I won't... Bother you with the idea anymore."

Because if had been right there on a platter and she hadn't grabbed it.

Now he just had to find out who she had her eye on and dispose of him. No wait that was bad. Maybe talk to him. Get him to... Give Hay-Gee a try? She was so quiet and shy... Ciaran eyed her lips and after making sure his hand was clean he drew his thumb over her lower one, "I just want you to be happy and that isn't going to happen if you're sobbing about thinking you're ugly."

visualspice

He calmed her down enough she was no longer blubbering, but she felt awful and her eyes, puffy. At his questions, she shook her head.
"N-no.. there isn't anyone, honest. I... t-too many people think I'm sweet but... No one would look at me. Not now." Not that she was certain there was anyone worth looking at. Except maybe Ciaran and...

She had no idea how to take what he said. Was he drunk when he proposed those things? Thinking about them made her ears grow hot.

She wiped away any lingering tears and sighed.
"I'm sorry I... I'm all upset." She sighed. "Maybe we can try again tomorrow. I don't want you to think I hate you. I don't. I just..."
She just what?

Knew he might be too drunk and that was how he was acting- on impulse?
That she wanted to make sure?
Or that she was scared witless at the prospect of a real relationship with Ciaran.

Perhaps it was all three.

She wiped more tears off on her sleeve, sniffling as she began to hiccup, then another flash of lightning brought her back to her senses as she tensed and hid her head against his shoulder as a loud clap of thunder reminded her it was still storming. Apparently the weather wasn't going to wait for her to finish crying.