Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Why is the Rum Always Gone? [M]

Started by DragonSong, May 06, 2016, 10:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She considered that, then replied, "Whiskey, if he's got it. Should still have a bottle back in there somewhere." Smirking, she added, "Try not to get caught. I like sleeping in a real bed, which won't happen if Da catches ya and tosses our asses out onto the beach."

DaGlobster

"Hey, he said he'd give us drinks. Not my fault of he got senile and forgot," Gar said, shooting her a wink before stepping outside. It was a comical sight, seeing the large Ogre try to make as little noise as possible as he went to Abe's usual spot.

Opening it up, he knelt down to peer inside. There wasn't any whiskey, unfortunately, but there was a half drunk bottle of vodka. Gar was quick to snatch it up and close the cabinet back up.

Barring any sudden appearances from Abe, Gar'd be slipping back into his shared room, giving Isabeau a dirty smirk and shaking the bottle.

"No whiskey, but I've always been a vodka man."

DragonSong

Isabeau laughed a bit as she glanced over her shoulder and shook her head. "Gods, Gar, if you'd wanted to get me naked you could've just asked," she chuckled. The captain of the Storm was rather notorious for just how "flirty" she could get vodka-drunk.

DaGlobster

"Oh, it slipped my mind, cross my heart."

He grinned as he said it.

"I reckon ya'll just have to pace yerself," he said, setting himself down on the ground by her bed and uncorking the bottle with his teeth. He swigged from it, face scrunching up, and then he passed it to Isabeau.

DragonSong

"Suuuuuuure." Isabeau arched an eyebrow at him, but she perched on the edge of the bed and took the bottle from him when he passed it over. She didn't "swig" so much as "sip", and even that was done with caution.

Chuckling as she passed it back, she noted, "I gotta say, I think Da's taste is slipping. He used to keep better stuff around the house."

DaGlobster

"I don't think so. Must be one of those in-between kinda days," Gar said, and he took another deep swig of the bottle, holding it back out to her.

"So, whaddaya think of this island? I think it's worth a look. A few month's sail is a good trade fer eternal youth, don'tcha think?"

DragonSong

She shook her head and took another gulp, pursing her lips. "Honestly...I don't know. But if you and Da both think this place is real, then..." She huffed and shook her head again. "Worth a look, I guess. Worse comes to worse we can target a merchant while we're out there."

DaGlobster

Gar nodded, breaking out into a wide grin.

"That's the spirit, Cap'n."

Then, he leaned back in, smug grin on his face.

"And if those fruits can put me back in my youth then believe me, yer gonna find out what I did to bar wenches back in yer father's days."

DragonSong

Isabeau snorted and crinkled her nose up at him. "First of all-- ew. I don't want to think about bar wenches and my father in the same sentence. Second..."

Her lashes lowered a bit and her smirk widened. "I think you're gettin' along just fine in your old age there, grandpa."

DaGlobster

"Ah, with a little shave, ya won't even know the difference," Gar said. He'd never been known to shave much, but he really did feel like Isabeau's grandfather with his sizable beard. The mental image wasn't that bothersome to him before but he'd very recently become more and more uncomfortable with it.

He answered her words with a smirk. and held his hand out for the booze. His smile straightened out, however, and he lowered his hand.

"Do... do ya think we should check on Abe? Doesn't feel right, him being gone this long..."

DragonSong

The captain's mouth drew into a tight line and she licked her lips, then bit at her lower one. "Yeah," she sighed after a moment. "Yeah, we probably should."

Despite the fact that Gar was one of the two people in the world she did truly trust-- her father being the other-- she still didn't like feeling...vulnerable around him. Around anyone.

The sex was different. That was vulnerability she allowed him to see. Her worry for her father...that was just different.

DaGlobster

Gar nodded, knowing how she felt without her having to express it. He corked the bottle and set it down on the bed.

"Fer later," he said, keeping it light as he stood up.

He went over to his pack and opened it to pull out one of the sawed off muskets he used as pistols and buckled it to his belt.

DragonSong

Isabeau smiled a bit and nodded. "Right."

It was a simple move to strap her own pistol to her hip, her cutlass resting against the other shortly after. She'd had plenty of practice arming herself against surprise attacks, the motions by now quick and well-practiced.

"Let's see what the old dog's up to," she muttered as she moved for the door, already knowing that Gar would be at her back without having to look.

DaGlobster

Gar had strapped in one of his pistols more as a habit than anything else, but when he saw Isabeau don her pistol and sword it all just sort of set in for him.

"Hopefully he's just fallen asleep somewhere," Gar said, keeping pace with Iseabeau as she set out.

He looked about at the vibrant jungle that surrounded Abe's cottage. The sound of topical birds and bugs set him at ease. Silence always meant that something was creeping about, in his experience. He rubbed his hands together, eys squinting in the dark.

"Now, if I was an old sea captain looking to check on some wards, where would I go?" he said, barely loud enough for Isabeau to hear.

DragonSong

"My guess is the treeline." Isabeau nodded in the direction she meant. "See that copse there? Probably a place the leylines of the island intersect, which means warding magic would be more powerful."

Though she wasn't exactly an Arca-trained mage, Izzie had enough experience with weather and sea magic to be reasonably certain of what she was talking about.

DaGlobster

"Alright then, Izzie," Gar said, eyeing the copse with some wariness. Mountains, he could do. The ocean was a second home to him. But jungles and forests made the large ogre just a little bit claustrophobic. He motioned forwards.

"Lead the way, then. You've always been quieter," he said, giving her a short sneer before he put his serious face back on.

DragonSong

"Right, like that's difficult when the person I'm compared to has legs the size of tree trunks," Izzie quipped back, though her mouth was a little too tight for the teasing to completely hide her worries.

Taking a short, sharp breath, she started out toward the trees, one hand on her cutlass.

DaGlobster

And Gar followed close behind. He kept pace, looking about with his hand resting on the butt of his "pistol". The island where Abe lived was small, but the jungles were dense and filled with thick vines the size of constrictors.

Still, he kept quiet as they skulked along, ears primed and eyes peeled.

DragonSong

Once they'd reached the trees, Isabeau's tension notched up another few degrees, and she paused just amid the trunks.

"Da?" Her voice was a low hiss. "Da, where are you?"

No answer. Cursing under her breath, she tried to cast out with her magic, to get a sense of these wards he'd been tending to. Before she could try it for more than a moment, a voice to the left called out, "What in hells are you two doing out here?"

Izzie jumped and swung around to face her father. A flash of relief lit up her face, but it was quickly chased away with a scowl. "Us?! She glared and folded her arms. "What the hells have you been doing, old man? Gar was gettin' worried!"

DaGlobster

"Fuckin' flotsam, ya old dog," Gar said when Abe came seemingly out of nowhere.

"You can't just mutter to yerself about checkin' wards an' then go and vanish fer dam near an hour. We thought you mighta been in trouble," Gar said, crossing his arms.

"Don't tell me ya were just takin' a long shit?"