Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The wolf and the mordecai [Arcoff ].

Started by FlowyWolf, May 08, 2016, 07:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowyWolf

Jumping happily on the mountain road, Fanglil enjoyed those cold snowflakes landing softly onto his black fur.
He really needed to stay in wolf shape that morning, he didn't know why, but he could feel his werewolf's blood pulsing in his veins from desire.
Luckily for him, it was highly unlikely to meet someone up there during such a cold and heavy snowfall.
He really needed to stay alone, the full moon was coming in just a couple of days, not the best moment for anyone to meet a werewolf. 
That was, at the end, the reason why Fanglil decided to travel through the Kilanthro mountains, he was aware that hardly anyone travelled there during the winter season.

The trees were starting to thin out, probably he could have reached the other side of the mountain before the day was over, if only he had wanted.
But he wasn't in a rush, it was just one of his aimless journey, so he kept on walking between the trees, letting his paws decide where to go.

Then, his good luck gave him a well desired present.
Even if the sun had risen almost an hour before, a small deer was still wandering in the forest, probably, he was going back to his nest.
Fanglil slowly sank into the snow, never losing sight of that delicious prey. He wasn't so hungry, he already ate a squirrel half an hour before, but he couldn't waste such a precious gift from his lucky stars.

Fanglil waited patiently, he had to be careful, even if it was a small deer, its horns could easily hurt him badly.
While planning his next move into his mind, however, a noise came from the mountain road near them. Instinctively, Fanglil turned his head toward where he heard the noise, but as soon as he brought back his eyes toward the deer, the animal had already started fleeing.

"Damn it!" he shouted loudly, forgetting he actually was in his wolf's shape.
"Whoever's there, you owe me a deer!".

Arcoff

"In any case you owe me a deer." Arken said as he passed through some bushes beside the road "I've been stalking that deer long befo..." he suddenly stopped mid sentence, crossing the bushes and finding not a man as he expected but a wolf. He was surprised but recovered, cursing under his breath he quickly knocked an arrow onto his bow and aimed it at the wolf, "Where are you?!" He shouted, darting his eyes around trying to find the hunter but never taking his eyes off the wolf for long.

FlowyWolf

"What?" was he kidding, why the hell it was Fanglil who owed someone a deer, when he was going to kill it in just a few moments?
The wolf turned toward the bushes at his right, curious to see who was that man who was accusing him.
When, however, the young man appeared beneath the bush, he suddenly got worried about something.

Fanglil got scared too, did he had a monster behind? He turned his head grinding his teeth... and then, he finally understood why the man was so worried.

"Hey, calm down, put down that bow, I'm not going to arm you!". Fanglil cursed for his carelessness repeatedly in his head, how could he forgot to be in wolf's shape? That was what happened if he stayed too long with his family, he completely forgot even the simplest rules of the human world.
Such as the one which said the animals couldn't talk.

-Well done, Fan, now you have to explain this hunter who you are! - Biting his tongue while having such kind of thoughts, he waited to see what kind of reaction the man had.

Arcoff

Arken took a deep breath and tried to calm himself, at least now he knew the source of the voice. He lowered his bow, though he did not remove the arrow, and cleared his throat before speaking, "Excuse me if i do not entirely believe that you shall do me no harm, but might i know what it is you are?". He asked, not moving his eyes from the large wolf.

FlowyWolf

Fanglil didn't talk for a few moments, trying to find something better to say that just –Hey, I'm a werewolf, nice to meet you! -. Moreover, he actually didn't like to use that name, since usually people used that name with a negative meaning.

Therefore, probably tricked by his smaller animal's brain, he decided it was a good idea to describe him in a different way.

"Well, actually, I'm a wolf, you see, but I can also be a human, if I want to!". Turning his head as a domestic dog in front of his owner, he sat and watched the hunter, inexplicably sure his explanation was more than exhaustive.

Arcoff

"So.. a were wolf? Or do you not call yourself that?" He asked, curious about the roundabout way the wolf had presented himself "Well regardless, I apologise for having scared that deer away, even if i was hunting it first, it was my noise that scared it off." He said as he eased off of his battle ready stance, bowing apologetically before the wolf.

FlowyWolf

Fanglil turned up his nose, hearing how the hunter called him. However, the man used it in a different way from other people, there wasn't any kind of disgust in his voice, or yet, it didn't seem at all to the trustful wolf.
Moreover, the way he spoke instantly made him look a really nice person to Fanglil.

He was so polite, so respectful, he even bowed before him to apologize for the deer's escape; the wolf already knew it was surely someone to trust and to get to know with.

"Well, no problem, we could always find another one! So... what brings you up here, it's kinda unusual to meet someone here during this season." While talking, Fanglil started to turn his upper body in his human shape, forgetting he had left his clothes into the little cave where he had spent the night.

Arcoff

"Well i am a fur trapper by trade, I am trying to get some fine winter pelts to sell." Arken said, looking away bashfully as the werewolf changed before his eyes "I do not know if this is against werewolf etiquete, but i would prefer it if you put on some clothes."

FlowyWolf

Fanglil jumped from the scare when he heard what the man was doing up there. Was he going to hunt him too for his fur?
He was lucky he was already changing into his human shape, so that the man couldn't be tempted by his soft fur....

When he saw him blushing and looking away, however, and then he heard his embarrassed words, he finally realized what he was doing.

"Shi... ehm... sorry, I wasn't thinking..." turning again quickly into his wolf's shape, he instinctively laid down shaking his tail, embarrassed. 

Fanglil really wanted to turn back to his human form, so that he could talk with that intriguing man in a more comfortable way, but first, he had to go back and pick his clothes. Therefore, looking at him without raising his head from the cold snow beneath him, he decided to ask:
"Err... would you mind walking with me 'till the cave where I left my clothes, so that I can turn back to my human shape?".

Arcoff

He shrugged, visibly calming down after the werewolf turned back into his wolf form "Of course" he said agreeing to follow the wolf "By the way, if i may ask, do you have a name? Or should i just call you werewolf?" He said jokingly.

FlowyWolf

Fanglil shivered hearing again that horrible word.
"No, please, don't call me again with that horrible word, just call me Fan."

As he finished talking, the wolf raised onto his legs and started walking down the mountain.
"Come, it's not too far, just some minutes... wait, what about your name, should I just call you man?". After his last word, he turned to his new friend and, smiling as long as a wolf could smile, he winked at him, amused.

Arcoff

Arken chuckled at Fan's retort "The names Arken, pleasure making your acquaintance" He said returning Fan's smile before falling into step behind him.

FlowyWolf

'He's so polite, where is he from? He can't be born here in Hyoite, no one is as polite as him here...' looking at him, Fanglil tried to guess at his origin. He seemed to have something in common with the Connlaothians, but the wolf wasn't pretty sure about it...

At the end, however, it was pretty easier to ask to him, rather than try and guess it.

"So, where are you from, you're not from Hyoite, do you?".

Arcoff

"Well its a bit complicated, I was born in Hyoite but my mother was Connlaothian and my father was Adelan" He said looking away deep in thought. He snapped out of his own head and turned to the Fan "What about you? Have you always lived here in Hyoite?".

FlowyWolf

Fanglil felt guilty when he saw Arken's sad look, he had probably talked about something painful for the poor man.
However, the man was pretty quick to change the matter of the talk, and so Fanglil decided not to deepen the topic. At the end, he didn't want his new friend to be bothered from his curiosity.

"Well, I was born here, and I also spent most of my life in Hyoite, but I don't think I can really say I've always lived here... you know, I travelled a lot, I visited even Yoreiq, once, so..." Talking about his travels made him quite dreamy. He really needed to leave that place, it was almost six months he was there in Hyoite, and he was feeling his blood pushing hardly in his veins, forcing him to go away to learn about other places.

Arcoff

Arken sighed, he noticed fanglil's dreamy look and shared it with him "It must be quite nice to travel, i've always wanted to but have never really had the chance" he said "Though now there is nothing holding me back is there" He said the last words more to himself than Fan. He perked up when a thought appeared in his mind, he turned to Fanglil and said "Maybe we could go adventuring sometime, it would be nice to leave Hyoite for a while, if you are so inclined of course." He had decided this friendly werewolf could be trusted.

FlowyWolf

When the wolf heard his words, his look became even more dreamy than ever.
"Yes, of course, that's a great idea! Let me just pick my clothes up and we're going to travel all around the world!". As he spoked, he run toward the near cave and, as he arrived, he quickly grabbed his clothes with his teeth and, without turning into his human shape, Fanglil ran toward Arken shaking his tail happily.

He didn't know why he was so happy to travel with that unknown hunter, but he inspired trust in Fanglil, and it was enough for him.

"So, I was going toward Connlaoth, is this ok to you? Or you were thinking about another goal? I mean, I have nothing to do there, so, we could go anywhere, so..." his tail kept on moving ceaselessly, as excited as he was.
For a foreign look, he could actually look as a simple domestic dog.

Arcoff

"Great!" He said as Fanglil came back with his clothing "I have no qualms with going to Connlaoth though we shall have to be careful. I am not sure how they may act if they find out about my parents... You see my mother was a knight of the white lily, im not supposed to exist."

FlowyWolf

Fanglil looked Arken doubtful; what was he talking about, why he wasn't supposed to exist? It didn't make sense to him, everyone in the world was supposed to exist, it wasn't something that someone could pretend to decide for someone else. He tried to think about that white lily Arken talked about, but he actually couldn't remember where he heard that name before.

-Maybe I should spend some time in Connlaoth, I fear there's a lot I don't know about that...-

While thinking about it, he started changing his shape without caring about cover himself from Arken's sight, as focused on his tale as he was.

And then, while finally putting his pants on, he suddenly remembered where he heard about that weird order.
"Wait, I remember that name! So, your mother was a Mordecai, wasn't she?".
Fanglil knew very little about them, he never met a Mordecai, nor he ever wanted to, since he always feared they could hunt him down as a magic-user. That was the reason why his face suddenly became nervous and his eyes looked at the man with a worried gaze.

"So... does this make you too a Mordekai?". By the time he finished to speak, his anxiety had already gone.
At the end, that man was too kind to be a mere mage-hunter like the Mordecai.

Arcoff

"Depends on who you ask, i consider myself a mordecai insofar that i can nullify magic, but i do not share their beliefs." He shrugged again "They would never accept me, nor I them for that matter. So no I am not a mordecai, but i do have a mordecai's power. So wish to go to Connlaoth right now or do you have any business left in Hyoite?"