Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The wolf and the mordecai [Arcoff ].

Started by FlowyWolf, May 08, 2016, 07:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowyWolf

Fanglil was pleased to hear his answer, the man couldn't speak better than that.

"Yes of course, let's go!". Putting on his fur waistcoat, he got closer to his new friend and started walking with him up the road.

"So, you said you can nullify magic, is it true? I mean, I think my change of shape could be considered magic as well, but I actually could do it even if I was close to you... or can you just decide when to use your power?".

Arcoff

"Well that might be the case but my power is a sort of variant on that of normal mordecai, though i am unable to project a field like they do, I have the ability to imbue any item with the power to nullify magic, for a time at least."

FlowyWolf

Fanglil listened curiously to Arken's explanation. He had no doubt anymore, he absolutely had to spend some time in Connlaoth, he knew so little about how things worked there.

"So, you're saying you can create an artifact that could work as a Mordecai, nullifying magic around it?".
Fanglil's mind started to work more like a human one, finally. Maybe, that new friend of him could help the wolf to find out something he always wanted to know.

Arcoff

He shook his head "Not precisely, you see the artifact does work like a mordecai but only if a mordecai could only make a field around his skin, the artifacts really have no range whatsoever. Its most effective on shield or other large surfaces if you are looking for defense and on weapons since it would make them more effective against magical creatures, I would assume."

FlowyWolf

Fanglil snorted, disappointed.

"What a shame, I thought it could be the perfect chance to find out what kind of effect they could have on someone like me." He heard a lot of different theories about it, and very different between them. While some people just said a Mordecai's aura was useless against them, others asserted it could be even deadly for a werewolf.
Fanglil had no idea who was right, but he did know one thing for sure: he didn't want to find out on his own fur.

In the meanwhile, the snowfall around them was getting more intense every single step they took. Trees had almost abandoned him, all but a couple of them which shape was nearly visible through the snowstorm.
Looking the road in front of them, and then Arken at his left side, Fanglil seemed to become a bit worried.

"It's gonna be a hard journey, you're sure to be ready for it?".

Arcoff

"I could enchant your clothing if you want, it should have the same efect" he said to fanglil " And i may not look it but ive survived 21 years in the Hyoite trundra, a little snow wont break me, I cant wait to explore every inch of this world!" He said, ginning gleefully to his new friend.

FlowyWolf

Fanglil opened his eyes wide, surprised.

"Really? So, if you enchant my clothes, they would have the same effect as the Mordecai's magic, right?". If it was so, he absolutely had to try it.

As excited as he was, however, he managed to realize his previous words could have been a bit pretentious, if not even offensive. Luckily for him, Arken didn't seemed to be offended, on the contrary, he was smiling happily at him, almost as excited as he was about all those amazing developments.

Too excited to apologize after having understood that Arken wasn't upset for his words, Fanglil removed quickly his waistcoat even before his new friend had answered his question, dying with curiosity.

Arcoff

Arken took the waistcoat and consentrated for a moment, enchanting the clothing "I would recoment touching it before putting it on completely, just to be sure it wont harm you, i am honedtly not sure what this will do to you" he said as he handed back the waist coat, curious as to what would happen.

FlowyWolf

As Arken warned him, Fanglil suddenly realized how stupid he had been. If those magic did hurt him, he would have then been forced to travel shirtless until they have reached Connlaoth, probably.

At the end, however, it wasn't such a big deal; he could always travel as a wolf until they reached Connlaoth.

After a moment of uncertainty, Fanglil finally grabbed his soft waistcoat, ready to sustain an unbearable pain.

However, nothing happened at all.
Excited, he quickly put on his enchanted waistcoat, shouting from the happiness:
"It was true, Mordecai's magic has no effect on me, yay!". While celebrating, however, his mind was suddenly crossed by an evil idea, and he was too happy to consider its consequences.

"Wait, what..." grabbing his throat with an expression of pain painted onto his face, he suddenly fell into the cold snow heavily, hardly preventing him from bursting out.

Arcoff

Arken scoffed " nice try, but if it did affect you it would probably only make you not be able to turn into a wolf, plus...your throat isn't covered by that waist coat" he said the last part with a sheepish grin.

FlowyWolf

"Damn it, you're too cle... wait, what? I couldn't be able to turn into a wolf anymore, are you kidding me?".
Scared to death, he instantly crouched on his knees and started changing his shape.

Luckily for him, his skin was quickly covered by his soft, sweet black fur, filling Fanglil's eyes with tears of joy.

"Thanks the heaven, I couldn't live without transforming again!". As happy as he was, he already forgot about the failure of his trick, but he simply turned back again to his human form, thinking again about Arken's words.

"So, this means I'm actually immune to Mordecai's magic, am I right?". It was perfect to know such a wonderful thing. Now that he knew the Mordecai couldn't do anything to arm him, there was no reason he couldn't spend some time in Connlaoth.

Arcoff

Arthen couldnt help laughing at Fanglils display of panic "It didnt affect you because you were born able to transform im assuming, if it was someone who was turned into a werewolf then it would hamper their transformation, and only temporarely, not forever" he said still laughing lightly at his friend." How long do you think it will take to arrive at Connlaoth by the way?"

FlowyWolf

That made sense, Fanglil thought, and he found himself laughing with his friends even if he wasn't even sure about what made him laugh so widely.
What was really important to him, however, was that the Mordecai couldn't do anything to him, nothing more than some common men, and that was enough to him.

Hearing Arken's question, Fanglil turned south, looking up toward where it was supposed to be the mountain's peek. Heavy clouds were hiding it, yet the wolf could guess how long they had to walk to reach it.

He waited some moments, thinking. They could also abandon the street and go westward, it would have been quicker, but he wasn't sure Arken could walk safely through all those rocks.
It was hard even for Fanglil in his wolf's shape not to fall down in the gorge, he couldn't imagine how dangerous would it have been with just two legs.

"Well, the road climbs up almost until the mountain's peek, so... probably by the end of the day, we'll be just arrived on the other side, then another day to walk down it, or maybe two... yes, I think we could be there in three or four days."

Arcoff

"Hmm, three to four days? Seems doable" After a pause he continued "Do you happen to know if we'll find any wildlife nearby? I would like to hunt some food for the road."

FlowyWolf

Well, that was surely a good question.
Fanglil stared up toward the peak, thoughtful. It was unlikely they could found some sort of wildlife at that height and with that weather. Therefore, probably they would have been without anything to eat for at least a whole day. And Fanglil didn't like at all that perspective, especially after seeing those exquisite deer fleeing away from his jaws.

"You know, I don't think we could find anything, if we keep on climbing the mountain." Looking around, he finally gazed northward, down where they had just come from and, pointing to a thicker group of trees, he then added:
"However, if we go back down there, we'll probably find something between those trees."

Arcoff

"Very well" he said, taking out his bow and changing direction so as to go to the trees"Do you preffer to hunt a particular way?" He asked looking back at Fanglil.

FlowyWolf

As Arken's first words reached his ears, Fanglil took of his waistcoat and started transforming into his wolf's shape. Actually, he was about to remove even his pants before to transform, but he luckily remembered he wasn't alone and, moreover, that not everyone was at ease with nudity.

"Well, I'll find the prey, you'll kill it, or you were planning something different?". Fanglil rarely hunted with someone else, but in his mind, that was the only way they could work together. Moreover, his sniff had already started to scan the air, searching for some tasty smell.

Therefore, taking his clothes in his jaws, he started looking for some dry place where to hide them, when he finally had an idea.
"Hey, would you mind keeping me these?".

Arcoff

"You got it" he said as he took Fanglils clothes and slung them over his shoulder, he readied his bow and followed some distance behind his friend, bow at the ready.

FlowyWolf

Well, it was really convenient to have someone who supported him, Fanglil had almost forgot how good could be to hunt with someone else who actually wasn't a wolf.

As they entered the small scrub, Fanglil crouched to the ground and started crawling carefully and inspecting the surrounding air with his advanced sense of smell.
The sun was high in the sky, it was unlikely to find any kind of animal there at that time, Fanglil was well aware of it. It would be easier if they had waited until the night, when most of the animals would wake up and abandon their home looking for food, but Fanglil had never been a patient man.

Therefore, walking as quietly as he could, he kept on walking between the larches loaded with snow, searching with his nose for a trace.
They had to wait a lot of time, almost half an hour, before he could finally smell a feeble scent of something alive. But when that wonderful smell brushed his nostrils, his eyes glared with hope and his muscles became tenser than ever.
Then, he stopped and, turning toward Arken, he whispered to his hunting mate, excited:
"Don't make any noise, there could be some deer near here!"

Arcoff

He simply noded at his companion and crouched a little lower so as to be careful with his footing he raised his bow just in case anything did not go as planned and he had to take a quick shot and continued on behind the wolf.