Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Witch's Wrath (a.k.a The Witch's Hunt Part 1)

Started by Yvhv, May 29, 2016, 10:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvhv

This is a plotting thread for a small mini event that will span across three to four threads, each one titled The Witch's Hunt. Following below is all the information for the event.

The Story

Three days ago, Adelan noble Mina Alkair went to southwestern Adela to survey and purchase land from another noble who needed to liquidate a few acres of land along with an estate,because their business ventures went south and they could no longer afford to keep the areas in question profitable and could not afford the cost to feed the slaves and animals needed for the upkeep. The negotiations were successful, and a messenger arrived at the Alkair estate to inform the spouse of Mina, Sarah Alkair that her spouse was on her way home to fetch Sarah, and that they would both personally oversee the transition of the newly acquired land and estates to ensure a peaceful transfer. Mina never arrived, and Sarah Hired and dispatched forty of the best trackers and hunters she could find to search for Mina. On the third day o the search, they had found nothing, despite their efforts. Before the end of the day, a messenger arrived at the Alkair estate, carrying a message for Sarah, with her full name, including her maiden name written on the rolled up parchment. When she unrolled and read it, the message was short and direct;

We have her. Come to the SouthernWestern spur of the ThunderBlacks, to the village of Aerstrand, with two mules laden with gold, and a cart of your best goods, if you wish to see her alive. You have ten days. We look forward to seeing you again, Lost Sister

This caused Sarah to believe that  only someone who knew about her past, which was  known only in the underworld of criminals and spies of Serendipity and Connlaoth. It is for this reason that not only has Sarah prepared the money and goods as demanded, but also has put out the call for anyone, mage, rogue, hunter, thief, cut throat and commoner alike, to come with her under the pretense of being a hired hand to not only help her get Mina back, but also to help her completely destroy those that have dared to so brazenly attack her family.

The Information

Now with the pleasantry of the story out of the way, we will get to the facts. Below is a little application to fill out. beneath it will be where we can keep track of who all has joined and under what pretenses. Before that though, let's lay out some more info with some Q&A.

What species/races are allowed? Any. Whether your a winged pegataur half dragon, a badger mole, or even a damned dirty ape, you are welcome to join!!

What about nationality? Anyone from Anywhere is allowed! just try to make sure that your character's presence makes sense.

If anyone has any other questions, don't be afraid to ask. And now for the application!! Also, don't forget to link your character in the app!

Joining App:

Name:
Desired Faction:
IC Ambitions:
OC Ambitions:

Roster

Protagonists

Antagonists
Primary Antagonist: Unknown for the Time Being

Neutrals

Xoonla

I realise that you might get a lot of posts offering assassin and thief characters, so yes, I have included my own, but I also have a dragon character who I wouldn't mind using, who could be neutral or antagonist or anything really. Either way, just tell me which one you think would work best or would like me to use.

Name: Tzaan http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=20777.0
Desired Faction: Protaganists, but neutral or antagonist is fine.
((Assuming that this next bit means what my character wants to do/is thinking and what I would like to happen, respectively))
IC Ambitions: Tzaan is doing this to pay off a debt: not to anyone in particular, but to the mortals species as a whole. A long time ago, he was spared by a mortal hunter, and, being honourable, vowed to repay the debt. However, because he outlives almost everything, the hunter is dead, and Tzaan is paying off the debt by helping find this missing person, at least, in his mind. He heard of the need for help when he waylaid a messenger, listening to his message before eating him, and then beginning the fairly long flight to ((insert place here. I'm not too sure where its going to be taking place and all)). If you want him on antagonists, then maybe he his in thrall to them for whatever reason, and if he's neutral, them I assume he'll just be doing his own stuff and then he comes acrosd your band of hunters.
OC Ambitions: I'm doing this to flesh out my character a bit, so he can get a history rather than a list of deeds I've written down, if you get what I mean. I don't mind anything happening to him, but I'd like to checked with before-hand.

OR

Name: Vardun http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=20791.msg307994
Desired Faction: Protagonists
((Assuming that this next bit means what my character wants to do/is thinking and what I would like to happen, respectively))
IC Ambitions: Vardun is in it for the money, and the exceitement of another job. While he may not show his joy of it, he loves his work: he sees interesting things, and meets new people. Sometimes, his clients are knowledgeable people, and they pay him not in gold and other trinkets, but in information. Something he wants to find out at the moment is what he is, but alas, there is a shortage of people who can tell him that.
OC Ambitions: Same as the above

Yvhv

Alright! I've went ahead and added Tzaan as a protagonist! Welcome.

Fukurou

Name: Zaryn
Desired Faction: Protagonist
IC Ambitions: He'd do almost anything for money, so among many things, Zaryn is an occasional mercenary. Despite living in Essyrn he'll occasionally venture into the neighboring countries in search for coin. So.... he's essentially in it for the money.
OC Ambitions: I want more RP time with Zaryn and I would like him to interact with other characters.

Yvhv

Alright! Zaryn is signed up. Welcome to the Caravan!

Whim

Name: Narlis Thordane
Desired Faction: Antagonists or Neutral
IC Ambitions: Narlis driven by both greed and glory. He takes special pleasure in hunting and subjugating the wondrous and magical (dragons, sorcerers, faeries). I suppose Narlis could've been hired to spy on Sarah, and takes her job (but is under employ of the angatonist). Maybe he's been hired to wait in Aerstrand to keep an eye on things? Or Sarah could just have hired a dwarf of dubious loyalty.
OC Ambitions: I'd like to feel out the character, and maybe develop some antagonist relationships. I haven't done much intrigue on SotE so it would be a welcome change of pace.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Yvhv

Narlis has been added as an antagonist!! Im working ont he primary antag right now. They wont appear very early in, a few magical cameos. i hope you all like them.