Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Out of the Woods

Started by DragonSong, June 07, 2016, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Her blush deepened and she shook her head. "N-no. At least, I don't think so." Lips twitching up on one side, she added, "Though if I was, I s-suppose I wouldn't r-r-really know, would I?"

Lion

"Probably not," Ki'adan agreed.  "I hope you don't think I'm going to hold it against you.  I meant nothing by it.  You're...interesting is all."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

She shrugged sheepishly. "I know. I've always b-been odd." She gave a very small smile. "S'okay. I'm u-used to p-people asking things like that."

Lion

"To be honest," he said.  "I think it's very charming.  You must understand I meet a lot of people in my travels, some of them rather unsavory.  Some of them just crazy.  You're a refreshing change."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Her barely-died-down blush flared back to life and Dusk shifted, pleased but awkward. "Th-thanks," she said softly, smiling and peeking up at him through her lashes. "It's n-nice to have company- I'm glad I'm not too off-p-putting."

Lion

Ki'adan laughed.  "Let us keep going shall we?  I think Starhunter appreciates the rest..."

He must have because another fart emerged from behind the horse.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk giggled and patted his neck. "Yeah, I think so." She shrugged her shoulders a bit to settle her cloak more comfortably around her shoulders, absently brushing her fingers through her hair as she picked her way down the path.

Lion

"I'm glad you're feeling a little more comfortable.  I'm mostly normal I swear," Ki'adan laughed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Oh, I wasn't unc-comfortable," she protested, then winced at her stutter. "I'm just...shy. Sorry..."

Lion

"You're okay.  Odd but okay," Ki'adan chuckled.

After a few hours of travel, Ki'adan diverted from the path, going about setting up camp.  He unsaddled Starhunter and put the saddle aside,, rolling out a blanket and allowing the horse to graze on some grass nearby.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. "Shall I make some tea?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk slipped her pack from her back and set about setting up her own bedroll.

"T-tea would be lovely," she said with feeling, smiling at him brightly.

Lion

He had the gear set up, a contraption that allowed the kettle to hang from over the fire he'd made.  He was rather handy with a camp, having made several of them in his life. He poured some water into the kettle, boiling some leaves.

"Some sugar?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"You have some?" She perked up at the suggestion, head tilted to the side. "How do you manage to travel with that?"

She shuffled a little closer, trying not to be nosy but also curious about what else he might be carrying.

Lion

"This kettle and holder are of Essyrni fashion.  The legs are tubes and slide into one another, collapsing it into a small enough contraption that it fits in my saddle bag.  The kettle itself isn't very large as you can see," he said. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She huffed a quiet, impressed breath. "Clever. I've never been to Essyrn, but it seems fascinating. Well." Her nose crinkled. "Except they d-don't let women do anything, really."

Lion

"Yes, there quite a few restictions on women there.  Even foreigners do not have access to everything," he said with a nod.  "But it's very beautiful there.  Just really, really hot!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk chuckled. "I've heard. I suppose s-seeing it would be worth the heat, but I really do prefer c-cooler climates. And green."

She looked at their surroundings with a small smile. "I really love green."

Lion

"Green, there's plenty of it if you know where to look," he said with a nod, "Oases with large sprouts of green, rivers that flow with abundant life.  Fruit so ripe it's dripping with juices that run down your arm before you could take your second bite.  But I agree, I love green too."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Her stomach growled suddenly and she went scarlet. "Oh! S-s-s-sorry, you m-made that sound r-r-really good," she mumbled, ducking her head and clearing her throat.

Lion

Ki'adan laughed, perhaps a little more at her than with her, but the spirit of it was genuine.

"Then I better get dinner started then," he replied, grinning.  "Tend to Starhunter, he clearly loves the attention.  I'll let you know when the food is ready.  As meager as it is you're welcome to it.  I think i have some fruit around here.  Maybe....probably not."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn