Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh, fiddlesticks. [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, June 15, 2016, 07:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Of all the things that could have ruined her day, Siobhan hadn't expected a mudslide to be it!

Yet as fate would have it, that was exactly what it was.

While traveling back over the mountains to return to Connlaoth after chasing a criminal magic-user high into the Kilanthros, the journey back had been one disaster after the next, culminating in the mudslide that rainy, stormy evening. The mountainside above them simply gave out, and mud and rock and even trees came pouring down like an avalanche, taking a chunk of the mountainside with it.

Only by the grace of Ansgar was her party able to avoid it.

Unfortunately, in the process she got separated from her group, and even after the slide had ended, the path was so badly damaged and unstable there was no way to safely cross back over.

"It's okay!" Siobhan shouted to them, even as her nerves stood on end and pulse drummed in her ears. "I'll just...I'll meet y'all on the other side! I got enough rations, I'll be fine!"

Not that anyone had any choice on the matter.

And so Siobhan had taken off, pulling her hood in tight to try and ward off the pouring rain, and eventually she took up shelter in a small cave that looked dry and unoccupied. She didn't bother trying to make a fire; there was nothing dry enough to use for kindling. But she made the most of her night. She shed her dripping cloak and hung it up to dry, then sat huddled on the floor, listening to the rain, munching absently on some tough, tasteless jerky--and anxiously watching the lightning flash across the sky, each bolt making her jump.

Because she hated lightning.

And hated thunder more.

And it was growing closer.

Soon she finished off her piece of jerky, and so she just sat there, curled into a ball and trying not to flinch and shiver at each crackle of lightning and boom of thunder--until one flash was particularly close, and the BOOM that followed was so loud, and so close, that she let out a shriek, leaped to her feet--and smacked her head against the low ceiling.

"OHHHHHFFFFFFFFFUUUUU--FIDDLESTICKS!" she cried, rubbing her head as tears pricked at her eyes.

This was not a good night!

And she didn't feel nearly so brave alone like this.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

SomeoneWithNoName

As the scream went across the mountains, someone , or something, heard it...

Slowly getting up, Asdrubael looked around...a storm he noticed...so it could've just been thunder, but on second thought that noise seemed very high pitched for thunder...

Deciding to see what it was, Asdrubael got out of the cave, and, considering flying far too unstealthy, decided to climb the rocky walls of the mountain looking for the sound...so he stabbed into the cliff with his clawed hands and started climbing it...

After a short while of climbing, shivering because of lightning strikes and generally looking everywhere and then some he found a small cave that he thought was the place...

Unhooking himself from the wall Asdrubael tucked his wings fully and began crawling and trying to blend into the darkness to not be noticed...

Flashgordon512

Shyera's boots sunk into the mountain's soggy path as she marched along, her cloak weighed down by water as it stuck to the half demon's skin. Normally Shyera would bypass the mountain range all together when she traveled to and from a hold as the natural wall separating Serendipity from Connlaoth often proved treacherous with both bandits and nature working against the climber, however, this time she had a valid reason. While most of the other hold's denizens would look past Shyera's demonic visage once she demonstrated that she meant them no harm the citizens of Connlaoth would surly be gunning for her from the start even if she did refrain from using magic during her visit. Still, trudging through the middle of that gods forsaken city would probably be safer than attempting to traverse the mountains during a storm.

The small fireball she held in the palm of her hand flickered every time a drop of rain touched it and as a result the tiny ball of fire gave off just enough light to see the ground three feet in front of her. "I should've became a storm Mage, maybe I could've channeled enough of my energy to make she clouds stop hurling thunderbolts at me.." She thought to herself as she witnessed a lightning bolt strike a lone tree, disintegrating its leaves and briefly catching it on fire. "I should find shelter soon or I will end up like that tree.."

After a few more moments of trudging through the storm she could heard a faint scream coming from a nearby cave and as she lacked any other options, ran toward the shelter. Shyera extinguished her light source as she approached the cave, peering into its mouth to find the origin of the sound. She found, upon further inspection, a small lone female knight rubbing her forehead as she rested against the rocky wall. Shyera let out a sigh and covered her head with her damp hood, her horns propping up the fabric like some sort of poorly made tent. She silently hoped that the knight would not notice her demonic appearance due to the poor light quality in the room. "Are you alright miss?" She asked, crouching down as she entered the cave.

SomeoneWithNoName

Looking into the cave's residents Asdrubael weighted his options, if he attacked he'd have to deal with a half or even full demon pyromancer and some kind of knight, so that option was out, and running away is unlikely considering that the mage's fire was lighting the cavern...which was also making it harder to keep hidden...

As he considered his chances, it became clear to him that he'd have to speak to these people, and pray to whatever deity would listen to not smote on the spot...

Taking a long, deep sigh, striding in to the flame's light, he spoke to the two women in front of him...

"Uh...hello, how can I...help you?"
He said in a tone trying to be friendly, but that come off awkward and confused...