Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hot Tempers [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, July 03, 2016, 04:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

@Draconian

She'd never particularly liked taverns at the best of times, but any port in a storm.

Literally.

Ally stumbled into the rather loud, pungently alcoholic building out of necessity, trying to escape the driving winds and rains that were pelting the streets of Zantaric. Casting an almost accusing glance at the weather outside, she couldn't help the tiny part of her that was wondering what it might be like to fly in such a storm.

The lightning couldn't hurt her too badly- she'd experimented enough to know her scales were immune to just about any amount of heat. Her tail would need to act as more of a rudder than ever though, and the thinner membrane at the edges of her wings...

Wait. No. She shook herself as she pulled her traveling cloak a little tighter around her body and made her way cautiously toward the bar. She didn't want to think about being a dragon; that was why she was here, after all, to fix her mistake finally and permanently.

There just had to be something she'd missed in those jungle ruins, something that would help her.

"You gonna stand there or ya gonna buy somethin'?" The rather coarse voice jerked her from her own thoughts and Ally blinked at the barkeep.

"Oh. Um, just some water, thank you. Had a long day of travel," she murmured, shrinking a little further back into her cloak.

The man grunted, giving her an odd look, but bustled off to fetch her water. With a small sigh she pulled herself up onto a stool and almost reluctantly pulled her cloak off in an effort to let it dry a bit, revealing her distinctly Serenian hair and clothes.

Draconian

Vanir frowned deeply at the appreance of the girl. Made his skin tingle in a bad way. He chewed on his lip for a moment before glancing down at his drink. A quiet request and he got a second before he shuffled over to the strange skintingly girl.

"You'll get mugged if you sit here and drink water," he said in a gruff voice, giving her a sideeyed look. He pushed a drink to her and frowned slightly at her, "you look a little too clean to be somewhere like here."

DragonSong

"Oh!" Ally started slightly and cut the stranger a look sidelong, automatically shifting a little closer to the edge of her seat. "Um...thanks?"

She sniffed at the drink and wrinkle her nose. "I just, um- I'm not really one for alcohol, I'll just stick with my water." Although... She cast a glance around the room and hunched her shoulders a bit.

It really did seem like a perfect place to get mugged.

With a sigh she wrapped her hands around the cup and pretended to drink, eyeing the man over the rim. "So. What do I owe you for this?"

Draconian

A smirk.

"If youre offering i could go for a blowjob," Vanir barked out a laugh and shrugged, "nothing. You make my skin tingle." He didnt explain further, "so. Not human? What brings you in this neck of the woods?" He looked around, "youre in predator territory, Rabbit."

DragonSong

Ally choked on the drink she wasn't actually drinking, accidentally swallowing half a mouthful. Sputtering, she glowered at the man and pushed he cup away.

"I'm human," she defended automatically. "And I'm certainly no rabbit. I can fend for myself, thank you."

That didn't stop the instinctive shiver that ran up her spine and she looked around again. Was that guy staring at her? No, she was being silly, letting this stranger get into her head.

Draconian

Vanir grinned. Too sharp teeth glinting in whatever light was available. "You dont feel human," he leaned in, giving her a closer look, "humans dont make my skin tingle. Elf? Faerie?" He took a deep drink from his cup, shuffling closer , "shapeshifter?" He teased, "Bet you're a rabbit."

DragonSong

She tried to lean a little further away, but their just wasn't any room left to do so. "Shapeshifter," she relented after a moment. "Of a sort. But I was born human."

Ignoring the rabbit comment, she arched an eyebrow and added, "And how on earth can you tell things like that?"