Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: A Love Like Stardust [Goblin]  (Read 874 times)

Offline Juno

Re: A Love Like Stardust [Goblin]
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2017, 08:58:33 PM »
Jack arched a brow at that. The way she said it sounded more like slavery than farm chores. "I guess I meant more- Do you like it? Do you care about them like you do for your...Dewey? Or are they just livestock to you?"

A light flush reddened his cheeks as he tried to explain his reasoning, feeling a whole lot like he was failing at making her comfortable with him by her unemotional response. "I don't want you doing work you aren't happy with, is all. I can see to the goats and such pretty well on my own if you'd rather do other things. Eventually," he explained, gently waving his bum arm. Gods he felt stupid, already trying to divvy up their chores on their wedding day when he hadn't even meant it that way. He just wanted to know if she was happy, it was difficult to judge by his limited experience with Kendall.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2017, 07:51:21 AM »
"I don't understand," she repeated, staring at him blankly. "This is how it is done so this is how it will be done. I married a farmer so farming we shall do. Goats are what I've always done. I don't know other things nor do I have interest in them. Tending goats is good enough for me. Would you prefer I do something else? Learn something else?"

Kendall gently took Jack's injured arm and replaced it back on his chest. Then, she wrapped her own carefully across it to keep him from further injuring it with all of his hand-waving and gesturing. It was an act that was done unconsciously but with a great deal of care and worry.

Offline Juno

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »
"Oh," he breathed, watching curiously as she cradled his arm. "I see. Well as long as you don't mind it I'm happy to let you continue with the goats. You don't have to do anything you don't want to. I just want you to be happy as my wife even if we're living a farming life."

Settling in beside her Jack shot her a bashful smile before adding, "I tend them now so...I'd be happy to introduce you to them. I'm sure only a few would be coming with us anyway. But for now...well, we'll be here with them all. How many did you have at home?"

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »
She hummed softly to a tune only she could hear, gently resting her head against his as he continued their conversation. It never occurred to her that the sound though soft would be considered rude and possibly even distracting. "We had fourteen: Ava, Mia, Zoe, Emma, Liam, Noah, Aiden, Lucas, Mason, Olivia, Sophia, Jackson, and Isabella." She recited in quick order.

"I would like to meet your goats once you are feeling more able. What are their names? I don't wish to be rude when I meet them and greet them improperly."