Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"A Contract Signed in Blood..."

Started by pasqyre, July 25, 2016, 10:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasqyre

Hello all! I'm still relatively new here, but I put up a new muse yesterday that I'm just dying to play. I have an idea for a roleplay that's open to any species/gender/age/origin that I figured I'd just leave here for now and see if anyone's interested.

So basically, Ariseven is well-known for his exploits amongst the lower-class though nobility doesn't really seem to know all that much about him. He is said to be efficient with spellcasting and downright horrifying when he has to be. Definitely a formidable opponent. Lately, however; the brewing war in Connloath has sent many a nobleman from the region and its neighboring city-states to hire more and more blades and spellcasters. They are being hired for their own personal militia,  acting as sort-of a bodyguard to their sons or daughters or wives, or carrying out some dirty work whilst the royalty is occupied with trying to squander the flames of rebellion. Even those in poor villages are scrounging up whatever money they can to buy and form their own personal town patrols.

Ariseven purposely turns in the direction of Connloath though he avoids the city completely, hoping to find that one good last contract. He lingers in the vicinity a quaint village with a population of no more than thirty people called Dóiteáin, taking a foothold in the wildlands around it.

I was thinking that maybe with the tensions building in this region somebody would be willing to make a serious contract with Ariseven and take him on, in the form of whatever service is needed of him... well, within reason. Please note that he probably won't accept the contract if it doesn't offer him the chance to experience any sort of combat or adventure whatsoever even if your muse offers him a lot of money for it. He is not doing this for human payment. I guess if you read his profile you'll know why.

If you are willing, we can work out the actual plot of this roleplay. But for now I just want to see who would be interested with interacting with him in the first place.

Currently, Ariseven is going to be very suspicious about any nobles who approach him at first, due to him not knowing them or their intentions. Such is the life of a nonhuman necromancer choosing to venture into a province where mages aren't exactly welcome at this point in time.

I am open to dramatic and dark plotlines especially.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you'll take it into consideration!