Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fates Collide, the Bonding of Wolves[Blink]

Started by Jace, September 03, 2016, 11:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jace

The light of the midday sun was warm against Jason's bare chest. His chest still glistened with water from his recent dip in the river flowing past, his finely toned muscles obvious in the light. Wolf prints could be seen along the bank of the river suddenly changing into those of a human instead, revealing where Jason had shifted into his human form from that of the large grey wolf he preferred. A long sleeved white shirt could be seen draped over a low hanging branch, obviously hung out to dry. Black boots were placed against the base of the same tree that the shirt was hanging from. A small dagger and a leather pouch on a belt were also placed on the ground next to the boots. Jason had come to feel quite comfortable in this area of the Niahi woods lately. It was a place he was starting to think of as home. Not many humans or other creatures that might pose a threat came this far into the forest, making it an ideal location for Jason or any of the other wolves to set up camp.

He had sent word to one of the wolves he had met recently, Karida, to meet with him here today. He was intrigued by the girl and wanted to get to know more about her. They didn't get much of a chance to talk the last time they had met, not with all the slaying of vampires and freeing a giant wolf breed that had been tortured and fed upon. He figured this would be a much better setting for the two wolves to bond. As he sat on the ground beneath a tree opposite the one holding his belongings, Jason held a piece of wood in his hands which he was carving into something not yet visibly clear with a short knife that he usually carried with him. The only clothing he was wearing was a pair of long black pants. He would have gladly taken those off and set them out to dry as well if he didn't think it would be awkward for Karida to arrive to that scene. So instead he sat there in damp clothing, widdling away and whistling a happy tune as he waited.

Blink

The birds sang in the treetops above, the weather perfectly warm, a small breeze trickling through the leaves of the forestry surrounding her. In the distance she could hear him, whistling an unfamiliar tune. Smiling she continued on her path towards him, happy to be out wandering on such a beautiful day. Not being able to help herself Karida took a moment as she stopped by the riverbed, just before she would come into Jace's view. Leaning down she looked at her reflection in the water, staring back was a lightly sun kissed girl with long reddish brown hair, intense blue eyes with hints of amber.

Tempting as it was to dip her feet in the inviting water she withheld, not wanting to get the wrapping around her ankle wet. Her ankle had for the most part healed from where she broke it in the battle not that long ago. The only need for the wrappings was to keep it braced just enough, as it was still tender. The fact that she preferred to always be barefoot hindering its healing slightly. Standing back up she followed the footprints that had just recently appeared human instead of wolf.

"You called for me?"
she asked coming into view of where the man sat, twiddling at something in his fingertips with a short knife. Karida took note of how his chest glistened in the sunlight, slightly turning her head away as she began to blush.

Jace

He looked up at the sound of her voice, crimson eyes resting upon her familiar form. Beautiful reddish brown locks fell gracefully down to her waste, as as beautiful as ever with flecks of amber hidden amongst the sea of blue. A warm smile placed itself upon his lips as he placed the knife and obvious wolf he was carving down beside him and stood up to greet her. Karida had arrived. "Karida." he said as he walked over to her, his smile and body language suggesting an obviously informal and happy air about the meeting. "We really didn't get a chance to talk much last time we met. How's your ankle? I see it's still wrapped." Jason let his concern show in his face and tone when he asked about the girl's ankle. He would then wait and listen for her response before doing anything else.

If she answered his question and nothing else, he would then motion for her to follow him and take a seat on one of a number of large racks that had obviously been moved here to create a handful of make-shift chairs to use. He would also take a seat. "You look beautiful today." he would say once both wolves were seated. Then, finally, he would get to the reason he had asked her to join him here today. "I have to know. How did you hear about Farthok and what made you choose to save him? Most of our kind would have left him to his fate. But not you. I haven't met a wolf like you over the years. Both fierce and gentle, a sea of calm and a storm of anger. It makes me curious."

Blink

The carved wolf caught the corner of her eye as he sat it down. "Beautiful" she thought to herself. Snapping back into reality she met his eyes, seeing the concern for her recently acquired injury. "It's still healing. Thankfully we heal quickly so I imagine in a few days I will be good as new" she stood up straight and proud to imply she was not weakened by the acute fracture, wincing only slightly at the discomfort of putting too much weight on it. Karida had of course been obsessed with the welfare of her ankle ever since the injury incurred. Running, as fast as she could was all she could think about.. feeling a type of restraint the injury had on her.

After informing Jason of her injury she accepted his cordial offer to sit down, nodding at the invitation and taking a seat. His comment on her beauty causing crimson to flush her cheeks and ears. Out of pure instinct she shifted her head causing a few strands of hair to fall in her face, hiding some of the embarrassment. "Thank you" she shyly responded "You look beautiful today too... um I mean... um you look all... muscles.. " her eyes widened as the words she had just spoke registered in her mind. "I mean you look good Jason." she rested her elbows on her knees and leaned into her palms, strands of her hair falling. "I'm sorry" she whispered.

She sat there for a minute, just like that before sitting back up and brushing her hair out of her face. Her cheeks no longer flushed from blood flow. Listening to his next questions caused her heart to sink a bit, realizing she was going to have to bring up some memories she would rather forget.

"I heard about Farthok at first just as tavern talk, but after traveling around and hearing the same story every time.. I knew it must be true. So I decided to go looking for him, it took me a while to pinpoint where I believed he was, but after I did I gave it everything I had to find him as soon as possible." she took in a deep breath to prepare for the rest of her response.

"Imagine being stuck in a cage for as long as you can remember" she took in another breath "Imagine you never did anything wrong to be put in that cage." the edges of her eyes began to water up. "Imagine sitting in that cage for years waiting for someone to come save you." She wiped at her eyes with the back of her palm. "Imagine that no one ever came..." she waited a moment for the image to form in Jason's head. "That is why... because I will never let someone just sit in that cage if I can get them out. Even if it is impossible I would still try, because no one deserves to live their life like that..." Karida's eyes shifted away, now embarrassed. She never said that it was her story she was telling, and she had hoped that Jason would not catch on.

Jace

The girl's response to the compliment from Jason was flustered, it made him smile that wolfish grin of his. He thought it was cute. He didn't say anything about it though. He didn't think it was appropriate to tease her about that, not just yet anyway. She took a minute to regain her bearings before she answered the male's question. It seemed she had heard the same things Jason had which lead them to finding and rescuing Farthok. Their motives, though, were different. The handsome young wolf was good at seeing things that people didn't want to be seen. He has learned to read between the lines. He saw the pain, the hurt that was in her eyes. The real reason for her tears...

When she had finished speaking, a knowing and compassionate smile could be seen on Jason's face. He didn't think about what he did next, it was mostly just on instinct. Reaching out toward Karida, Jason pulled her close to his chest, holding her in a warm embrace and caressing the back of her neck. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. No one should have to go through that." He slowly backed out of the embrace at this point, placing his hands on either side of the girl's face and lifting her head so their eyes met. "And as long as I have breath left in me I won't ever let that happen to you. I promise."

There was a fiery determination in his eyes. So much so, that they turned from the current hazel green that meant his human eyes were present to the bright crimson eyes of the wolf. His true eyes. He had meant what he said. He would make sure no one hurt this girl ever again as long as his body had life.

Blink

Surprise, the expression that Karida did not wear often. It was present in every fiber of her being as Jason pulled her in for an embrace. Her arms lay limp at her sides as he spoke, neither pushing him away or extending to return the gesture he had so kindly bestowed upon her. His words registered in her mind after a few moments. He was apologizing to her? The simple words ripped through her, causing a flood of emotion to flow through every inch of her body. Silently she continued to allow the embrace until he placed his hands on her face, making her look into his majestic eyes.

She was lost in his eyes, now crimson.. the eyes she had dreamt about ever since first seeing them now looking into what she felt was the very center of her being. She continued to listen as he proclaimed to protect her until the end, not quite knowing how to respond. All of this was new to her. Karida had never been hugged... like that. Now thinking of it Karida had not had a heart to heart with a single being since before her capture many years ago. This was all so new to her and she was not quite sure how to express what she really felt.

Without words she pushed her body forwards, wrapping her slender arms around Jason, her fingertips touching his bare back. This time she was the one embracing him, her head rested on his chest. Continuing to lay her head against him for as long as he allowed it she made a proclamation of her own. "And as long as I have breath in me, I will stand by your side helping whenever possible. I will fight for you, I will run for you, I will do whatever you need from me." this being her pledge to him.

Jace

At Jason's words, Karida wrapped her own arms around the male wolf this time, resting her head on his chest. He felt the soft brush of her fingertips on his neck, the warmth of her breath against his bare chest. It was obvious to him that his words to her and his actions had made this not-so-trusting girl put her faith in the young wolf. He was surprised at her next words. They were a pledge to him. A promise to stand by his side, to fight for him and helping however she could until her last breath. The only other time Jason had heard such a pledge was when his father had accepted another wolf into their pack. Was that what this was? Had he unknowingly just become an alpha? Time would tell. For now, he decided to just enjoy the moment.

The young male moved his left arm to wrap around Karida's waist, resting it on the small of her back. With his right hand he gently caressed the back of her head, idly playing with her hair as he did so. He had not been able to enjoy another wolf's company in a long time, and this was certainly a good way to spend the day. He lifted his head, a look of obvious peace upon his face, and stared out among the forest as he began whistling that same happy tune from earlier. He let Karida stay that way for quite a while. He figured it had been just as long if not longer since she had been around her own kind, and probably never held like this before.

After what was probably a few hours since the sun was now much lower in the sky, but not yet setting, Jason spoke. "Karida?" he said softly, trying to see if the girl had fallen asleep on him. Whether she answered or not, he would say what he had intended to. "Thank you for staying with me. It's been a long time since I was able to freely enjoy myself like this. To be able to relax with another of our kind, no immediate worries. Not since my pack was destroyed six years ago...." he fell silent again after that. The memories were still something he did not like to recall. He had never told anyone about his past before. Something made him bring it up now. Something made him want to share it with this girl, if she wanted to know. He hoped she did.

Blink

She remained in a sweet dream, awake, but her mind elsewhere. For the few hours that she sat there, embracing him her mind had all but faded into many thoughts, hopes... dreams. She sat there, just holding him quietly taking in every smell, every sound of him. Having not technically fallen asleep she sat up when he said her name. Almost as if something clicked in her mind she got up, stretching out her arms and turning away from him to hide the embarrassment in her face.

A few moments later she heard his statement, pausing before turning back to face him. She lowered herself onto the ground, sitting with her knees pulled to her chest, preferring the ground to where she was previously sitting. "What do you mean destroyed?" she asked him, horrendous images flashing behind her eyes as she imagined what could have happened. There was clear concern in her tone as she was eager to learn more about this man.

She could imagine how it felt to lose your family, but could not imagine how it felt to lose a family that you loved. The way Jason was, she assumed he had strong family bonds, his desire to help others out of the pure goodness of his heart. From the first moments she met him she could tell he had a pure soul. He was genuinely a kind creature and it would take a lot of persuading to make her believe otherwise.

Jace

And there it was. The question he was both hoping and dreading to hear. What do you mean destroyed?" her words sent a chill down Jason's body, his head lowering as the memories came to the surface of his mind once more. An audible sigh escaped his lips before taking a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for the story he was about to tell. "I grew up in a fairly big pack. We lived in a large house in the woods near a town. My father was the alpha. He was respected and looked up to by many, including the humans in town. Of course, they never knew what we were. We never gave them any reason to suspect us and they left us alone, visiting on occasion to get advice on one thing or another from my father. I still remember chasing around the older wolves with Alexi when we were kids." A soft smile played upon his lips for a moment, feeling the nostalgia as he spoke and reliving the joy of his childhood. And then his smile faded.

"When I was eighteen everything changed. See, I was supposed to take over as the next alpha from my father when I turned twenty-one so I spent most of my time with him or his lieutenant learning how to deal with other alphas or humans that came by. Which is exactly what I was doing when my father sent Alexi into town to pick up some supplies. However we didn't know that a family of werewolf hunters had just arrived in town as they were passing through." He paused then, grounding himself for the next part of the story. Tears had already begun to form behind his eyes. "You see, Alexi had just turned sixteen a few days earlier. He still hadn't had his first shift yet. It was just a quick trip into town. We thought he'd be ok. Please, you have to understand. If we knew what was going to happen....If we just...." he looked up at Karida at this point tears flowing down his cheeks.

Before she could respond at all, Jason closed his eyes and wiped the tears from his face. When he opened them again he was calmer, ready to finish the story. "On his way back home from the town, Alexi began to shift. Now if you were a born wolf then you know how uncontrollable your first shift is. You can't fight it. It just...happens. The wolf inside takes over until you are able to reign it in and return to your original form. That's exactly what happened to Alexi. One of the hunters must have seen him shift and realized what we were. When he hadn't returned for a few hours my father got worried and sent me out to look for him since I was the pack's best tracker. It's the only reason I survived."

There was an obvious twinge of guilt in his voice as he said those words. Why did he get to survive while the rest of his pack were slaughtered? It wasn't fair. Tears began to run down his cheeks again, his hands clenched into fists. He was able to keep it together enough this time to get through the last bit of the story. "By the time I found Alexi it was too late. One of the hunters had already gotten to him. He was only sixteen years old. Just barely had his first shift. A boy who was like a kid brother to me. His throat had been slit. When I found him I lost it. I couldn't bear the thought. I just broke down and cried over his body until finally I was able to make myself stand up, until I was able to make myself carry his body back to the house. But when I got home it was too late. Our house had been burned to the ground. I still remember the horrid scent of smoke and blood from that night." there was another short pause as Jason took a deep breath.

"I searched for hours and hours but I never found any survivors. The hunters were nowhere to be found either. I've been wandering around on my own ever since. And now you know my story." He forced a fake smile to take hold of his lips this time, obviously trying to hide how he was really feeling. He just sat there quietly as he wiped the last remnants of his tears from his face. He wondered what Karida was going to say, what she was thinking now. He wasn't sure he wanted to know.

Blink

Silently she sat, listening to his story. The images she imagined now confirmed, burned into the back of her mind. It was true that Karida knew how it felt to lose a family, but to have them taken from you was a different story. Her heart ached for Jason as he began to cry, his tender spirit spread out for her to see. Copying Jason's previous actions she stood up, no thinking needed as she embraced him. "I'm so sorry" she whispered into his neck as she held him. 

Karida was quite proud of herself, having picked up on this embracing thing pretty well. She sat back a bit so that he could hear her clearly. "I may not be as strong as you are... or as open with others as you are... but I will help you." Sitting on his lap she continued with the second commitment she had made to him today. "I will help you bring those together who are like us, alone and without others to lean on. This way none of us ever have to be alone again." her eyes searched for his as she tried to get a feel for how he would take all of this.

Jace

It was Jason's turn to be comforted by Karida this time. The girl had mirrored his earlier movements and brought him close and burying her face in his neck. He might have been trying to hold it together so far, but that pushed him over the edge. He couldn't control his emotions anymore. He had no control over his face as it contorted into what he was sure was probably the ugliest look he could have made, and broke down into near hysterics. Tears flowed freely down his face now, he didn't even bother trying to hold them back this time. All he did was wrap his arms around the girl that was comforting him and hold her tight.

After a moment she moved back slightly, just enough for her eyes to lock with his. Their faces were so close that Jason could feel her warm breath wash over him. His eyes showed the immense gratitude clearly along with...something else. His eyes flicked quickly down to her lips and then back up again to rest on those beautiful blue eyes flecked with amber. The light from the setting sun reflecting off of them gave them a sort of majestic appearance that Jason couldn't help but find entrancing. His face moved closer to hers, only an inch or two, before stopping, a slight look of uncertainty in his eyes now. Then instinct and passion took over him and suddenly he was kissing her. His lips parted hers as they entwined with each other. This had not been what he had in mind when he had asked the young wolf to join him.

His body was just moving on it's own now. There were no thoughts going through his mind, no painful memories to bring tears to his eyes. Only passion and instinct. He grabbed the girl and lifted her off his lap before setting her back down, adjusting her so that she was now once again sitting on his lap, but facing him with her legs on either side of his. Their lips forced apart by the change of positions. Jason's hands were now gripping Karida's waist, his eyes locked on hers. The passion on his face was evident as he bit his lower lip. He didn't know what had come over him. He wasn't one to do something like this. All he knew was in that moment, in that forest, with the sun setting, all he wanted was *her*. All he wanted was Karida.

Blink

Never did Karida expect for the day to turn out as it had. Never did she think that the day she went to rescue a beast would lead up to all of this. For the first time in what felt like a lifetime she was happy, content and at peace with everything. She never thought that one man... could make her feel this safe. From the moment his lips touched hers she was on fire, her soul yearning for every bit of him. Karida knew from this moment on that Jason was the one thing she could always believe in.

When there lips finally parted Karida took a moment to try and process what had just happened. Her gaze remained locked on Jason as she tried to piece things together, replaying their earlier conversation in her head. Both of them had by some miracle survived this long in this world, and instead of letting their past alter the good in their hearts they persevered.

"Jason..." the thought having been lost before she could even continue. She didn't know what to say, no words could explain how she felt at this moment. Remembering that actions spoke louder than words she gathered the courage to do what she had only dreamed of. Leaning in she wrapped her arms around his neck before closing the space he had created between their lips, once again their lips touching. Passionately she entwined her lips with his, putting as much feeling as she could into this one moment. Her kiss was only brief, pulling her lips away from his she lowered her hands to his that rested on her waist.

She ached to tell him everything she was feeling at that moment. So bad she wanted to tell him how before him she couldn't find a day she didn't feel alone. Suddenly a thought crossed her mind. "Illusions" she whispered. The moment between them was lost as she pulled his hands from her waist and stood.

She took a few steps away from him before stopping, her back turned, her arms wrapped around herself as if she was trying to hold everything in. Even those few steps she had put between them felt like an endless mile. Even though she was not looking at him she could still feel him, like a magnet it would be all too easy to turn back to him and return to smoldering her feelings with his lips.

"You scare me Jason" she blurted. Moving one of her arms she pressed her palm to her chest "I have never felt this way about anything before." Karida was clearly very confused. "If I stand over here and not look at you I can talk." she glanced over her shoulder for a moment before whipping her head back away. "I can't even look at you without wanting to.. well you know... do what we were just doing." the image of her lips upon his burned into the back of her mind now. "What magic are you using on me right now?" her question was very serious.

Although she had never met a wolf with the ability to mess with your mind, she assumed it was not impossible. "This has to be some kind of spell you have cast over me..." feeling as if she could perhaps be right she continued on "That's exactly what you did to me isn't it? That's why from the moment I first met you I have not been able to get you out of my mind. That's why I dream of you at night when I sleep." she felt accomplished not realizing she was completely wrong. "Your eyes... " she paused "Oh your eyes Jason... and your muscles... oh the muscles" she laughed "It was all an illusion you put in my mind wasn't it?" she refused to look in his direction. She was convinced that is how he did it, that one look into his eyes and you were at his mercy.

Jace

It was Karida who leaned in to kiss Jason this time. His body was on fire. The way he felt..it wasn't something he had ever felt before. And then the kiss was over and she was standing a few steps away from him, her back turned as she spoke. It looked to Jason like she was trying to comfort herself, like she was scared. The fiery passion burning inside of the young male wolf was dampening each second, becoming more of a smoldering ember as he regained his rationale.

His suspicion was confirmed mere seconds later. She had said that she was scared of him. That she had never felt this way about anyone before. Then she really caught him off guard. Magic? She thought he was using some sort of magic on her? He hadn't even been slightly interested in magic let alone how to use it. The most magical thing he had ever done was turn into a giant grey wolf with red eyes. The look on his face now was full of worry and compassion for Karida. "No." he said softly.

He stood up from where he was sitting at that point, slowly moving toward Karida. Her back was still turned from away from him. His crimson eyes returned to that of the hazel green his human form held. He stopped just inches away from her, hesitating before gently putting his right hand on the girl's right shoulder. "I've never used magic in my life. This, all of this, is just me. Just Jason." The young male stayed quiet for a moment then, letting his words sink in. He wondered if she would believe him, or if she was too scared to really let herself trust him.

Blink

Silence fell between them, as she stood her arms still wrapped around herself. Closing her eyes she took in a deep breath in attempt to calm herself. His words echoed in her mind. She listened intently, confused on how to react. To Karida this was all new... every bit of it. The feeling of being safe, the feeling of comfort from another. She had been used to being alone all along, always the one to pick herself back up again. She never meant to start crying, starting to lose hope, but somehow he had broken through. His touch was all it took, his single hand on her shoulder bringing her back to the moment.

"Just Jason" she mimicked letting the words fall into place on her lips. Her arms unwrapped themselves, one falling to her side limp, the other risen to her face. Tears continued to stream down her cheeks. She touched her face, the liquid glistening on her fingertip. What was this? Were they tears of joy? Tears of relief? What was this man doing to her? Her gaze continued to fixate on what was ahead, but instead of the world she normally envisioned this one was different. Everything seemed clearer, sharper, more beautiful.

Hesitantly she brought her hand to rest on top of Jason's, still ever so delicately laid on her shoulder. Softly she pushed his hand off, intertwining her fingers with his in that moment. Her body shifted, turning towards him, her eyes wandering up his body until finally reaching his eyes. "Just Jason" she repeated, her lips almost touching his, only centimeters separating the space between them. Slowly she lifted her other hand pressing it against his chest, his heartbeat tickling her fingertips.

Jace

He was relieved when he felt her hand grab his, their fingers intertwining as she moved it off of her shoulder. He released the breath that he hadn't even realized he was holding, glad when Karida turned to face him once more. The girl placed her free hand on his bare chest, her lips now centimeters from his once more. He could feel the warmth of her body so close to his. Her scent was so intoxicating for Jason, drawing him in even more. He closed the minute distance between their lips, letting them meet once more. He took both of his hands and placed them on her waist.

Then he did something that he was sure Karida wouldn't expect. The young wolf gently pushed the girl away from him, causing their lips to part as he created some much needed space. A kind, joyful smile spread across his face now as he looked into those beautiful eyes. "I think that's enough of that for now." he said softly. Things had gotten heated enough for the day, a bit more than Jason had expected. He broke their eye contact as he looked off to the right, seeing the sun just barely visible over the horizon. It had gotten much later than he realized. "It's getting late. Why don't you stay here for the night?" his face returning to look at her as he asked the question.

Blink

Once again her head was in a whirlwind as their lips met. Only this time it was quickly dissipated by Jason's actions. Catching her off guard he pushed himself away, leaving Karida standing there in a daze. She listened to his words, partially agreeing with them. Never did she expect that coming to meet him today would lead to this.

"Are you sure? I don't want to impose, I can always walk back to uh...to where I was going to stay" a picture of a random tree somewhere in the woods played in her mind. She always kind of just slept where she wanted, preferably in some kind of makeshift shelter or in a meadow somewhere. Wherever she chose to sleep there was always one thing in common, it was always open in some way or another. Karida could not stand feeling trapped, she needed to have control of where she could go.

Without waiting for an answer she lowered herself down to sit back on the ground, curling her knees up to her chest. Resting her chin on her knees she looked down to her ankle. Thinking back it had not really bothered her this afternoon. Out of curiosity she reached down, unwrapping it. The bruising was still there, but only barely. She leaned back on her hands, lifting her ankle from the ground just a little before moving it in a circular motion. A wide grin spread across her face as the reality of what she had just discovered sank in. Standing back up she left her ankle unwrapped and swept some dirt off of her clothing with her hands.

Her gaze then went back to Jason, the moment he came into view her heart jumped for only a moment. "Jason...." she said not really quite sure if he would understand her next statement. "I need to run". And that is indeed actually what she needed. She needed to feel the burn in her muscles again, she needed to feel that feeling in her chest. Karida had always been a runner, enjoying it much more in her wolf form. With the injury she inquired whilst saving Farthok she has not been able to do what she loves most.

Jace

She had asked Jason if he was sure she could stay with him. Of course he was sure, he wouldn't have offered if he wasn't. Before he had the chance to voice that, however, Karida had sat on the ground and began examining her injured ankle. The young male watched curiously, as he wanted to make sure she was healing properly. After just a moment or two, she stood back up with her previously injured ankle no longer bandaged. It looked like it was almost completely healed, only slight bruising remained. Good.

He let out a small breath of relief when he saw Karida's smile, knowing that she was ok. Her next words made Jason's heart race even more, the anticipation of what was about to come was exhilarating. She wanted to run. He smiled that wolfish smile at her, his eyes sparkling and slowly taking on their crimson hue. "Then let's run." was all he said before he took off, not waiting for her but hoping she was right behind him.

He had darted straight toward the trees and dove head first in between two of them. His form had changed completely to a large grey wolf by the time he hit the ground, not losing any of his momentum and charging forward at his top speed. This was what he lived for. This was the best thing in the world to Jason, feeling the wind pass over his fur as his body surged forward through the forest. The smells, sounds, and even what he saw was so much more vivid like this. Instead of normal colors, various shades of blue and green stood out more to him through the wolf's eyes. He threw his head back and let out a howl of tremendous joy as he ran, letting all the world know that he was out there, that he was home.

Blink

Eyes wide, mouth stuck in a smile she watched as Jason took off. "One.... two...." slowly she started to walk towards the trees he had disappeared behind. "Three... four..." continuing to count she stopped, stretching her arms above her head. "Five!"

She sprinted forwards, changing into her wolf form fairly quickly, the anticipation of it clearly affecting her transformation time. Every sight, every smell was a dream to her. She ran as fast as she could, only a minor feeling of discomfort in her rear leg. Karida would not let that stop her though, she would push herself until she could not go any further. The feeling of the dirt under her paws, the sight of trees whipping past her, all of it was treat. Deep within this was all she ever wanted, if she could run forever she would. The feeling of being free, a drug all on its own to her.

Karida slid to a stop for a moment, her ears whipping back and forth as she tried to figure out where he had run off to. Lifting her nose to the air she attempted to find him, only to have an echo of a howl reverberate through the trees. Immediately, she sprinted towards him letting out a howl of her own to echo his. After a few moments his form came into view, the gray fur a flash before her eyes. Determination filled her as she began to run at full speed. The burning in her muscles only adding to the sweet bliss she was already in. As if in a trance she continued to pick up her speed, quickly she gained the distance between herself and Jason.

She ran at his side, both of the wolves seemingly having the time of their lives. This was were Karida wanted to be, this was were she was meant to be. Her gaze shifted to the wolf, not looking into his eyes but past them. She imagined a picture of her future in their reflection...

Jace

It wasn't long before Karida was running alongside Jason, her coat a beautiful mixture of greys and reds. The moonlight reflecting off of her blue and amber eyes was startling. He could feel the joy radiating from her as they ran, the emotion mirrored in his own movements. He let the strength of the wolf pour through him as he surged forward, just barely quicker than the girl. He bared slightly to the right and then playfully pounced at Karida, knocking her to the forest floor.

His body on top of hers, his front right paw on her neck as he looked down on her with those crimson eyes of his. He paused for a moment, then licked the side of her face before letting her back up and giving another powerful howl at the moon. They were wolves and this was their forest. There was a life here for Jason, a life he never imagined he might be able to have. Now here it was, standing right in front of him in the form of Karida, a beautiful young wolf that he couldn't help be feel a certain connection to. He crept forward toward her before nuzzling her with his snout. He was an affectionate wolf after all. He wondered how Karida might react to that, or what she was truly thinking.

He himself couldn't help but imagine the two of them back at his encampment, their naked bodies entwined with each other under the light of the moon above. He could almost feel the warmth of her now, the pulse of her racing heart underneath his fingertips as his hands explored her body...

It was probably better not to imagine such things just yet. Instead he would just continue to enjoy the moment here with her, not worrying about anything else.

Blink

The joy continued as she ran with him, every muscle in her being burning with the pure ecstasy that was building. The fact that he truly was faster than her, it ate at every fiber of her being. Silently, Karida made an oath to herself to train harder, work harder. All so she could win a silly race with this wolf one day. The fun part being that out of all the thoughts that could be running through her mind, all she was thinking about was a silly little future race. Karida was, in all senses, feeling completely free. For the first time in her existence she felt she had purpose, she felt she had a home, she felt that she had someone....

Thudding against the ground Karida was completely thrown off by the pounce. For only a second she felt threatened, wandering what she had done to deserve such treatment. Then it clicked in her mind "This is not scolding... This is something else". Karida had never had fun with another wolf for as long as she could remember. Every other time she had met one it was out of pure incident, most of the time resulting in one or both of them leaving with injury.

Her gaze traveled to his, crimson eyes staring into what she felt was the center of her soul. Laying there, like a lifeless pup, Karida stared at him until being surprised with a lick to the side of her face. This however did not falter her position. She continued to lay there, a wolf on the forest floor taking in all the sites above her. The stars, nothing compared to the light that Jason lit inside of her. The nighttime breeze pushing through her coat, nothing in comparison to Jason's hands upon her. The moon shining down to light the night, nothing in comparison to the clarity she could see now thanks to him. This one wolf, had changed her life in only one day.

The sound of his howl echoing through the forest caused Karida to slowly rise from her position. Shaking off her coat she took a step towards him, raising her muzzle to the sky to accompany his call.

Whimpers escaped her muzzle as he crept towards her, like a moth drawn to a flame, the mere thought of distance between them seemed almost unbearable. The distance quickly being closed by his comforting nuzzle. Continuing to whimper in a submissive way she nuzzled him back before licking him below one of his ears. A slight chill ran through her, as if someone had just ran there hands down her entire body, a ghostly feeling causing her to take a few steps back.

In that moment Karida took a look around her, really wanting to take it all in. They were in a tall grass meadow, the forest wind causing the foliage to sway in an orchestral way. The moon was bright, the sky was clear, a perfect night. Taken back by the scenery Karida shifted into her human form immediately falling into the soft grass, a welcoming sensation. Never would she have shifted in the open alone, or at night. But knowing that he was there, whether in wolf form or not she felt safe.

A moment, that was all she wanted. A moment where she could enjoy a site like this without having to worry what was around her or if something or someone was coming. Like a child she laid back in the grass, her arms above her frame, her knees propped up, her feet firmly resting in the grass. "You know Jason, I have never once been able to do this... just lay here." a smile had been resting on her lips for the past few moments now. Not knowing whether she was talking to him in wolf or human form, not really caring as she loved them both, she loved everything about him.

Taking advantage of the moment she thought back to what she always had dreamed of. Those nights, alone in her cell, the moonlight only peaking in through cracks in the wall. She remembered thinking where the gods had gone, and why they had not saved her. Late at night she would always dream of what she needed. Someone who was strong, someone who was fast, someone who would sweep her off of her feet. It was the only thing that kept her will to live alive. The only thing that made her have the will to get out. That hope for a hero, somewhere just beyond her reach, reaching back for her. With every fiber of her being she knew that he would have came for her. If he had known, she knew he would have came.

"I need to confess something" she continued, still not knowing if he had shifted or was still in his true form. "I was very vague with you earlier, about why I am the way I am." she took in a deep breath, although not faltered by fear anymore. "When I was little, probably around 8... my family ran into trouble. Like you, hunters had come into town and an incident occurred exposing us all. But instead of all of us running, I was sent out to distract them. Everyone in town knew who my family was... and since my family were the ones being targeted, even though I was just a little girl, they came after me to."

Continuing on with her story she started to twirl her hair in her fingertips, still resting above her head. "I led the hunters to the center of the village while my family scattered through the outskirts. I was not fast enough though, they caught me. I thought for sure I was dead, or by some miracle they would just let me go. Thinking back now I almost wish they had killed me right then and there. But they didn't, instead they thought it better to lock me away. 10 years... for 10 years I was in there. My family never came, no one ever came." she giggled, as if telling a funny story "But whats funny is the entire time I was in there I dreamed of someone like you who would rescue me. And I know now that if you had known I was there, even before you knew me, you would have given everything you had to save me."

".... Just like Farthok" she took in a triumphant breath. Karida was horrible at showing her feelings, having never really had practice but she hoped that Jason would understand. The only reason she told her complete story so he could understand. She wanted him to understand why sometimes she was awkward, and why sometimes she didn't really know what to do.

"So thank you... thank you for being the healing hands where it used to hurt." she lifted one of her hands to cover her chest, below her fingertips her heart beat. It still ached, but not from the pain of loss, or a sad memory. It ached for him, to be right there with her. Even the few feet that separated them was almost unbearable. He truly had healed her heart, this amazing wolf, and his amazing heart.