Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Monster on the outside (open)

Started by Ice, October 09, 2016, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

There are times when one just needs to take a break from life. When they need to move away from all the noise and people that cities brought. Times when one just needed to find a place where they could take a break. For one creature now was one of those times. He was tired of having to deal with the stress of hiding what he was from all the other creatures here. He was tired of having to constantly make up reasons for why he had to leave places suddenly. He really just wanted to have some peace for once. He needed a change of pace to honest.

As he was thinking of this he was making his way far away from any local cities. He wanted to just sit alone in silence. He sighed now looking around himself. He was in a rather quiet and peaceful place. He kept walking until he found a nice place to sit. It was a pretty clearing in the center of some very large trees.

As he sat or rather floated just above the ground he smiled. Here he could take off the hood that hid his face from others. Slowly he removed the hood revealing his horrible and terrifying face. He looked at the forest around him with his glowing red eyes. He was happy to be in a place of peace and quiet. He was happy to finally be able to relax now.

glorilyss

Ilayda had taken to wandering through the darkened forests in the Draconi region, trying to stay out of the sight of others who might do her harm - and, of course, the Tribe that she felt certain must be looking for her. Obviously, her body had never been recovered from either the camp or the battlefield of the last great battle between the two Tribes, so surely they would be after her. She had no way of knowing that both Tribes had destroyed each other utterly, having fled her home at once, but the thought lingered in her mind that pursuit would surely be flying behind her, waiting to snatch her up and destroy even a broken symbol of power from their old enemies.

She had been wandering around that night, looking for anything that she knew for a fact to be edible, though the evidence of hunger had carved out hollows along her shoulders and under her cheekbones. Ilayda had been something like a princess while being the only daughter of the Tribe of the Red Sea, and the next heir; to go from everything to nothing in a matter of hours had been hard to cope with, and she had never been a hunter, nor a particularly knowledgeable gathered. For now, she existed on the small berries that she knew to be safe, but it had been a day or so since she'd felt even slightly full, and nearly two weeks since she remembered the sensation of a stomach that was genuinely filled near to bursting. It had certainly taken a toll on her morale.

However, as she was flicking from shadow to shadow, she saw something pass her. It looked roughly human, though the hood and cloak revealed no other clues; with a quiet indrawn breath, she flitted after the figure, slender shape dipping easily from shadow to shadow, though the tattered radiance of her once mother-of-pearl gown and the gentle glow of pearly-blue hair made her task difficult. Still, she practically ghosted along, slender feet barely depressing the grass beneath her; in fact, this was partially because she called to the water in the air, feeling it thicken as a cloud of mist that dulled the edge of silk and jewelry.

She followed him all the way to the edge of a clearing, one that she had found just the other day herself. There she hovered, slender hand pressed against the rough bark of a tree, simply watching - until the figure removed its cloak. The twisted, frowning face of a skull sat beneath the concealing headdress, the shadowy pits of eyes rent with a glowing red fire. Had she been anyone else, she may have been frightened; however, the color red called to her, and while her Tribe had always rejoiced in life, Ilayda knew enough about the world to know that you couldn't have one without the other.

Dismissing the cloud of mist around her with a gentle wave of her hand, it looked like the fae girl appeared out of nowhere. Shimmering curtains of pale blue hair fell in tangled falls to her waist; her face, though moon-pale and lovely, was smudged with dirt, and her once-beautiful dress had long since grown ragged around the edges. Still, she looked just as graceful as any faerie ever had in any of the tales. She stepped from the edge of the forest, moonlight casting a shimmering radiance about her that gave her an extra dimension of the surreal.

"Hello." Even her voice was soft, musical, with a quality in it that sounded like the energetic chattering of streams. Her eyes were wide and pale and blue, looking curious but not afraid. The lines of her body had been carved by hunger from delicacy into skinniness, but even so, she seemed to glide across the grass. "I've never seen you before. Are you lost?" She was intensely caring in every line of her body, not half as mischevious and malicious as her other faerie kin. In fact, every inch of her spoke of kindness, like the Lady of the Forest appearing in the moon.

Ice

He had been sitting there in the silence of the forest. He was watching and listing to the things around him. He was enjoying the peaceful easy feeling that he was getting from this place . He took a deep breath of the cool night air. It was so quiet here. He looked down at his hands which were much like his face bent in terrible ways. However the rest of his body was actually normal looking. Well normal for his kind anyway.

As he was sitting there something caught his attention. He could almost swear he could feel the presence of something there . However he was pretty sure that he was alone in these woods. After all he gave off as frightening feeling to almost everyone who came near him. Of course if one were to get to know him they would find that he wasn't a bad creature. But not many dared to try to get close to him. And those that did found themselves having trouble understanding him.

As he was sitting there he then saw something that made him blink. He saw a young looking female creature paper from the darkness. He felt himself tence up a little bit for he knew that his looks often frightened others. However the rather pretty female did not see afaide . Rather she seemed interested in him. That was very odd. However he tried not to stared into her eyes. He did no wish to accidentally use his powers on her.

Her voice was strange as she spoke to him. However he couldn't say that he didn't like it. It was a nice sound to him. He noted how skinny she was. He wondered how long it had been since she had eaten. Though this monster did not eat human food. He fed on fear. That was anouther thing that often frightened others away.

" Hello my lady. " He said to her. Though not unfriendly his voice had sort of a growl to it. It came from not using it much. " I am not lost. I am a traveler. I wonder from place to place." He said to her softly.

He knew that it was supposed to be good to introduce yourself to new people. so that's what he did next. he seemed to smile at her. " My name is phears. May I ask yours?" He asked her in the same soft growling tone.

glorilyss

Ilayda supposed that she should have been afraid, alone in the forest except for this strange creature with the face of a skull and the body - or rather, what she could see of it - of a man. She knew that her powers were not very effective for anything other than basic self-defense, and that she had no clue if the other figure possessed any magical ability. Still, she found that she wasn't quite frightened at all. Careful, certainly, but not afraid.

The faerie girl seemed to melt to the ground, her body dropping into a sitting position with a sort of liquid, boneless grace. Knees tucked under her, she stretched a hand out to her side, palm facing the ground, and willed the water in the air and on the ground to come to her. Twisting her hand palm-up, she cupped a little sphere of liquid in her hand, drawing it closer to her to play with as she talked. She often fiddled with her abilities, mostly out of habit and not out of an effort to show off.

"Oh. Well, then, I'm glad you are not lost." Her smile was misty, like sunlight diffusing through a cloudy morning, but the relief was evident in her face. "I suppose you could call me a traveler as well, though I seem to do more of the getting-lost bit than actual getting anywhere." Her laugh was like the tinkle of a bell, bright and clear and somehow small.

"My name is Ilayda, daughter of Altan, heir of the Tribe of the Red Sea." She paused, and a flicker of shadow crossed her face, pooling in the blue depths of her eyes. "Former heir," she corrected herself, head bowing to look at the water she manipulated in her hands. After a moment, she straightened up once more, every inch the princess in the command of her own emotions. "What brings you here, bayim Phears?"

[ooc: "bayim" is just an honorific term for "sir."]

Ice

He was watching her taking in her every movement . He wasn't sure what to think of her just yet. He was sure that she might not have been much of a threat to him. However being a creature who hunted others he knew that the small ones often were stronger then they looked. Though he really had no interest in harming her. Not at the moment anyhow. He was actually kind of interested in her. In a friendly sort of way.

He watched her as she sat on the ground. It seemed that she moved much like water. It made him wonder what kind of creature she was. He kind of thought that she might not be a normal human. Or even a human in general. Though really he was no human himself. He was just a monster.

He noted that she seemed to have some kind of control over water. She seemed to be able to form it somehow. That was very interesting to him. Now he was no expert on magic or other magical beings. In fact he really wasn't there smartest creature in general. However he did have a interest in learning about others. He often though was to wary to ask many questions. At least not right off. It would probably come latter if she stuck around.

He looked at her as she spoke to him now. She seemed happy that he was not lost. That was probably a good thing he supposed. " Well I usally have a map with me for those cases." He said with a slight laugh of his own. She seemed so strange to him. Yet it was strange in a good way.

Her next words made him frown. It seemed she was an outcast of sorts. That was not good. Though he did not ever judge others. " I am sorry for that. " He said to her softly. Then he gave her question some thought." I needed some place to get away from others.  As you can see. I am a monster most don't want me near them." He said to her with a sad tone. He did not add that he fed off humans a had to hide from them. Now was not the time to mention things like that.

glorilyss

[ooc: Might be a bit short sorry]

She could feel the weight of his gaze on her, following her movements. It was a bit different for Ilayda to be watched; after all, in her Tribe, everyone was fae, and so everyone moved with the grace of dancers. It was true that many of her old Tribemates had had some sort of power over an element, too, so even her abilities didn't cause so much interest, though they had all known that her powers far exceeded theirs. It was merely because she was the heir to the Tribe; as such, she had been imbued with a part of the spirit of the Red Sea, giving her her greatly advanced elemental affinity, but still, it hadn't been much discussed. They merely had given her the respect accorded to a princess, and went on their way.

They're all dead. Once again, the shuttered look on her, though she battled it away with hope. Perhaps some had fled, had gotten away - she had, so surely someone else might have been as lucky?

When Phears spoke of his map, she perked up, all of her attention lazering in on him like a beam of light. Her eyes widened and she leaned forward slightly, face avid. "A map?" She had heard of them, of course, but faeries rarely had use of them. When she had fled from her Tribe's last resting place, she had gone by instinct, not by paper, but it might of use in figuring out where she was and what her next course of action might be. She couldn't run forever - she had to have a real purpose at some point. "May I see it? And you're not a monster," she added, flicking her hand as though dismissing the notion. "I've seen monsters. You're not one." She thought once more of the murderousness and destruction that the Blue Flame had left in its wake. "But - the map?" There was real hope on her face, and the sphere of water in her hand was slowly swirling in her palm, forming a mini water spout that echoed her own excitement.

Ice

((It's okay))

The monster creature had now turned his gaze from her to the forest ahead of him. He had been told once that it was rude to stare.This monster did want to show that he had a least a few manners. Not that it made that much of a difference. After all he knew that he was one of those creatures who was destined to be alone . Sure he might meet a few but he would never be able to have close friends. Those who tried to get close always got hurt . Either by him or by those who hated  what he was. So he had decided that it was best not to make friends. No matter how much he wanted to.

He glanced at her when he noted that she seemed rather interested in his map. He was kind of happy that he might help her. Helping was the right thing to do. Even monsters could have a sense of nobility. At least he thought he did. " Yes you can see it. I'll get it out for you." He said. He smiled to himself at her other words. " Thank you most don't say that." He added then. He could tell that she was rather excited.

He reached into to inside pocket of his long black robe. Then he pulled out a large folded map. It was an out line of most of the land here. He had gotten it from a stranger who said he no longer traveled. He carefully unfolded it and spread it out so that the girl could see it.

" It shows most of the land here. It also shows the larger towns." He said with a smile now.

glorilyss

Ilayda hardly noticed whether he was staring or not; her blue eyes were riveted on his movements, especially once he reached into the pocket of his robe. As the map was spread out on the ground, hand holding back the curling corners, she felt herself absolutely drawn to the inked-in lines, the vivid angles denoting mountains and the squiggles of rivers, the curved sweep of coastline and the marks that implied forests. Her fingers trailed over all of the inked-in parts, face thrilled with curiosity, looking for familiar landmarks.

Her fingers skimmed the glossy surface, well-worn from constant folding and unfolding. She darted several looks up at the red-eyed skull face above her, then placed a single slim, tapered finger on a swath of curlicued trees. "I think this is where we are, yes? I believe I've gone through these mountains." Her hand swept the length of the Terrin range, than paused by a tiny cove at the coast.

"This was where I lived last. We traveled, oh, all this way, I think." Her hand traced a path along the coast, occasionally dallying inland, but always returning. "So, if any of my Tribe remains, they must be here." Her finger plopped once more on a natural harbor between the inked-in names of Necromantic Isles and Hivan Ocean. "Have you ever been down here?" Her eyes flicked back up to the man-creature, desperate for hope and stories and information all at once, leaning forward as a young child does when her grandfather begins to speak.

Ice

He was quite as she looked over the map. He noted that she was really interested in looking at it. It struck him that she might have been looking for something. He wondered if she was perhaps lost. That kind of made him wonder more about her. Though he did not ask because he figured she would be uncomfortable. He knew he would be.

He looked at her when she asked her question. He noted the looks she was giving him. He looked to where he figure was a gave a smile. " Yes it is . " He said to her with a nod to her. He then heard what she said next and he felt that he was kind of curious. She must have been lost he concluded.

" You are looking for your family then? " He kind of asked now. He had not meant to ask though. He hoped he did not make her feel bad " Yeah I have been there. I have flown to a couple of places." He said to her with a soft smile. He had been to many places in search of humans to prey on. Though once again he did not wish to tell her that right now.