Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Awakening(Samara's return event thread) [closed]

Started by ValamLym, October 09, 2016, 10:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill3rxcombo

The door slammed downwards violently as Adon entered the room with the sarcophagi. Voices filled his head, all collectively talking about a master and how he is 'so close'. The voices have been jabbering constantly as soon as the group entered Sphinx. Everytime Adon looks at a piece of treasure or a statue, another voice joins the fray, like a choir the voices sang and chanted about riches, power and their wonderful 'master'.

There was a lot of tension in Adon's body, lightning sparked from every pore and emanated from him like an aura. This continued until the group reaches the sarcophagus room. There was a sudden urge arising in him, beckoning him to open the sqecophagus. It took a gargantuan effort to resist the urges but he holds it in, waiting for Jacob to make a decision. Unaware that Jacob had already tried to act whilst Adon was fighting the voices.

Bunbun

Soma suddenly snapped into action as someone from the group set off a "trap", sealing off the exit from the tomb and therefore destroying the group's only escape route, at least that they knew of. He darted off to the door, flying around frantically and tapping on it in a futile attempt to get it to open. Meanwhile, Harvey watched the dragon check around for a little bit before cautiously extending his hand towards Avarex to help him up.

"You've gotta be more careful. Don't want to become like one of those guys, do we?"

Harvey used his other hand to point at the rapidly growing army of undead, using them as an example to prove his point. Soma returned a little while later, a defeated look on his face informing Harvey that there was, indeed, nowhere to go but forward. While the man wasn't exactly intending on leaving in the first place, it would have been nice to know that they could leave at any time if need be. Maybe, though, if they continued to explore the tomb, they would come across some way to get the door back open.

As the group continued deeper and deeper into the tomb, the strange feelings that emanated from it only grew stronger. The voices continued to ring, drawing the group further still. Harvey's desire to investigate the tomb began to morph into something more sinister- it was becoming more of a need than a desire. He seemed to fall into a trance of some sort, only concerned about moving forwards and disregarding the thousands of undead lining the walls.

Soma's reaction to the strange effects was more noticeable. Several of his senses started to become overloaded, causing him great discomfort. The voices and the undeniable small of death became impossible to ignore, to the point where they were unbearable. Even the necrotic magic was starting to have an effect on him, causing him to feel sick. Overwhelmed by all of this, the dragon shut his eyes and dug his claws into Harvey's jacket, becoming just as unresponsive as his human partner.

Harvey snapped out of his trancelike state as Jacob tumbled to the ground, and a booming voice warned the group to leave immediately. Well, that was certainly easier said than done, considering that there wasn't any way to leave, at least not at the moment. There was only one choice left, and that was to uncover the mysteries behind the tomb. The voice rattling inside his head s appeared to agree, though perhaps not for the same reasons.

"A master...? Would this 'master' happen to be the 'tomb queen'?"

For the first time, Harvey responded to the voice. He wasn't entirely sure why he felt the need to do so, nor was he really expecting a response. For whatever reason, it just felt... right.

Gawfy

Gawfy Turned his head as The door slammed behind him. He was about to Help the man up when the detective hurried to his aid. He stayed towards the front of the group. They continued down into the tomb Gawfy could feel things talking to him. He Ignored every word they said. "must be a demon down here some where" He though as walked close to Jacob. Soon they where In the room with the sarcophagus. The voiced where stronger than ever, Gawfy Bit Deep into His Cheek. Drawing Blood and staying Grounded in reality he Heard the Statue Boom Down on him and the Voice Say some more Cryptic bullshit.

He looked around him And saw some of the others acting odd. " Could it be that They are hearing them as well"? He thought Before Looking up at the Statue. In a calm manner he Lifted his Left arm and took a power stance and Scoffed Fuck this.  A Extremely loud Boom Crashed in everyone's Ears As Gawfy's Cannon went off drowning out the white noise. The Lead ball Crashed into The Statue. He Knelt Down And started reloading as he Yelled to Jacob.WHAT EVER YOU ARE GONNA DO MAKE IT QUICK

Avarex

Gratefully he reached out his hand to the man, offering to help him up. He smiled awkwardly "Thank you, I must be more careful where I tread." he rose to his feet, his cane supporting the weight of Avarex. His gaze fell upon the sarcophagus only little later. He smiles brightly "Our reward is only a few more steps ahead." his eyes buldge as he hears the shot "Fool! Do you wish to bring the entire army to the conclusion that we are a -threat-? We must act carefully, quiet."

Avarex shook his head as he pats Harvey's shoulder "At least there is one, knowing what they do." His steps carried the archeologist towards the treasure he was looking for, ever since he has set his foot into the tomb. He moves closer to the sarcophagus, inspecting it, caressing it. He smiles yet again, "Fantastic." Avarex mutters. At first he attempted to open the resting place of whomever was burried here, but his attempt was in vain. It seemed that the sarcophagus was covered in otherworldly barriers. He gnawed on his lower lip, thinking of what possible options he had. "I assume the time to hide, is over, my friends. But my mission is by far more important than to keep up this nice... reputation." Before he gave anyone the chance to reply, his mortal shell bursted into shadows, flesh torn asunder, replaced by liquid darkness. Avarex assumed the form Amira has granted him. His face was warped into a demonic appearance, his eyes glowing red - his hair recoloring into white.

An aura of pure darkness surrounds the being called Avarex as his form hovers around the sarcophagus "You have been pleasent meatshields. But now it is time, to free this ally." from his body, several shadow tendrils shoot out, seeping into every hole, every crater, every slit the sarcophagus had to offer. His eyes open wide as the power of the underworld, battled these strange prison, but with a final effort, Avarex forced the sarcophagus to break under the godly powers that were his to command. "BE FREE!"

Kill3rxcombo

He was blanked out in thought until the sarcophagus began to open. "No." He leapt off hard from the ground, cracking the ground underneath him. Lightning crackles around his foot as he comes down hard onto the lid of the sarcophagus. Adon lands like a meteorite on to the lid of the sarcophagus, sounds of thunder follow suit, making the whole chamber rumble.

The dust dissipates and Adon is left standing on top of the sarcophagus, effectively stalling the awakening.  Avarex has changed, a terrifying aura surrounds his former physical form. The sarcophagus shakes under Adon's feet, the entity underneath struggling to get out, slowly but surely. Adon forcefully punches what's left of Avarex sending him backwards, but with no visible signs of damage. He looks to the group and shouts " Jacob and Harvey, I need you two to find a way to temporarily stall the awakening, and Gawfy, help me with Avarex or find an exit. As for I..." He glares at Avarex "I will eliminate the traitor." He steps off the sarcophagus, " I've had my suspicions 'Avarex' didn't think it would come to this."

Adon can feel the undead, twitching restlessly as if they were itching for a command. He looks back at the shadowy figure consuming Avarex, beckoning Adon to attack him. Adon charges Avarex rapidly and sends a flurry of stabs and slashes with his spear. *Gawfy's not the type to run, I should be expecting him any time soon*. Adon continues his relentless assault.

Gawfy

Finishing his reload he Hopped into action as Adon Jumped on the sarcophagus. He Fired it again at the Door making a small hole. If Something small where to get through it could look for a way to open it. He Knelt down again to reload. Not talking time to measure the Power he poured it in while slamming another lead ball in. He then Pulled his sword from his back and arced back as he Ran up on Averex. This sword was made to kill demons like you! He yelled as Adon And Gawfy attacked at the same time. The Rivets in Gawfy's Armor bolted Down and Blood dripped from the black scales. He figured he would Need the inhuman speed the armor could give him. Axerex couldn't Dodge both attacks at once.

Avarex

"Ha...Ha...HaHa! HAHAHAHA!" a maniacal laughter exceeded the lips of Avarex, who didn't even bother to dodge the several stabbings, the weapon soaked deep into his body, yet it was more like dropping a weapon into sand. "I draw my power from the underworld itself, did you assume mortals such as you could keep up with me? But now that you plan to interfere with my plans, I fear I will have to make sure you do -not- succeed." his eyes moved slightly to face Gawfy's approach. Yet he smiles, he lifted one of his claw like hands - a wall of bones shot from the ground, along with the mourning of the dead, trapped within the realm of Mymiria. The boney surface entrapped the sword of Gawfy within the various gaps. "Face the power of the Dead." he twisted his hand with this phrase, the wall now growing spikes of it's own and shoots towards Gawfy.

Meanwhile the injuries that he carried slowly grew shut again, nearly as if there was no flesh left to be wounded. "I did contemplate to leave you alive. But apparently, you prefer to throw your life away. One last chance. Get off the sarcophagus, or let this be your tomb." As they spoke, his form seemed to become somewhat sentient, as the tendrils tore holes into reality, allowing spectres of his own to seep through, banshees, ghosts and whatever stories you heard before - he was the reason behind them. Avarex' remaining tendrils kept the pressure up to reveal whatever was trapped within the sarcophagus - and the necrotic atmosphere of the grave seemed to amplify his powers, additionally to his very own.

ValamLym

Shooting a hole in the door proved a lot more difficult then they may have thought, after all, what was the point of closing the door if it could simply be blown out? instead, the door reconstructed itself quickly and two doors to the left of the group opened, revealing some of the statues they had seen outside, these clearly existed for security measures however as when they activated they began marching forward and attacking whomever got in their way, triggered by the attempt to damage the construct, they too would simply repair their damage.

Meanwhile, whomever thought they could lock the sarcophagus would be launched away by terrible strength as it was kicked open from within. Finally, Samara stepped out, contrary to what they may have thought, she looked nothing like a corpse, in-fact, quite the contrary. She stepped forward, ignoring whomever was in proximity to her, her hand dragging through her long waving black hair ''I suppose I have you lot to thank for freeing me?'' she spoke monotone, no emotion to be found within her words. ''Or well.. Thank you for following my pawn.'' she motioned toward Jacob, who stared at her in disbelief. She wove her hands across the room, the statues halting their onslaught. ''I am in control again now.'' she simply stated, stepping down toward the other sarcophagus and tearing it open with her magic. ''Come my servant, we have much to do.''

It seemed as if she had forgotten about the group in front of her entirely, but soon she switched her attention back to them, Jacob specifically ''You've outlived your usefulness, pawn.'' she extended her hand toward Jacob, who promptly fell dead on the floor with a short scream of dismay. She then looked from Avarex to the group, a small smirk forming upon her face. ''I suppose a reward is in order.'' she smiled ''what do you want?''

It was hard to tell if she was being truthful about anything, considering how not once in any word she spoke she had shown any sign of emotion ''Be careful with what you wish for though.''

Salzem

As the massive, elaborate sarcophagus of Samara burst open, a far less grandiose (but far larger) stone coffin slammed open as well, the ton-heavy lid slamming to the ground besides its body. Slowly rising from the massive coffin came nothing human, but not a being that appeared undead either. With the head of a jackle and the body resembling that of a human, Gravekeeper Embalmus rose from his confinement, standing a massive 10'5'' and towering over the beings who dared to stand before them. As his feet touched solid ground, skeletal hands reached up around his canine-feet, grasping for the air as if clawing for life before sinking earth they spawned from. Unlike other undead, Embalmus did not reek of rot and death, his place in the universe not so obvious. No, he held a dusty, ancient scent, one that covered tomes never opened since the dawn of time, and this reflected in the dusted gold that adorned his head and neck. In one wolven-human-esk hand, the being clutched a curved blade, a wicked, C-like sickle that could easily decapitate any and all who were unfortunate enough to meet its edge. In the other, the beast held a whip with three necks, each head with a barbed metal ball on the end, making it's potential impact a horrid thing to experience. The creature did not say a word as he glared down at these otherworlders, clearly unimpressed and repulsed by them even standing before his queen.

Embalmus showed no physical indication of it, but he was overjoyed to finally be free of his confinement. For amounts of time he could no longer remember, he had to stare at pitch-blackness, alone with the minor comfort of his master being nearby and the ever-growing cruelty of his thoughts. Silently, Embalmus wished for Samara to release him upon these beings... it would be a wonderful wake-up exercise....

Bunbun

The room erupted into chaos as, one by one, each of Harvey's new companions sprung into action. Avarex, the supposed "archeologist" was consumed by darkness and took on a much more sinister form, using his newly revealed powers to force the sarcophagus open. Adon and Gawfy quickly sprung into action in order to stop him, with the latter firing off a few cannon shots at the statue and the door. The constant barrage of noise brought Harvey back to his senses (and greatly irritated Soma), but the situation he was greeted with almost made him wish that it hadn't. Escape seemed all but impossible at this point, as the damage done to the wall repaired itself before it could be of any use. A few other doors, however, did open revealing statues similar to those he'd come across outside of the tomb. They looked pretty aggressive, but they did give him in idea: if they truly were the same statues from outside, then maybe there was an exit somewhere through those doors. Getting the same idea, Soma flew over to the newly opened doors to investigate.

Meanwhile, the situation with the sarcophagus didn't seem to be improving. Avarex seemed to shrug off any damage that was done to his new body, and he eventually succeeded in busting open the sarcophagus. Surprisingly, what emerged from it was not a corpse, but instead what looked like a young woman. The Tomb Queen... it had to be her, right? The person that all of the guardians had warned the group about was now freed from her prison, alive and well.

Shortly afterwards, another coffin opened, a towering and menacing figure stepping out and glaring at the group. These guys clearly didn't have the purest of intentions, but there was little that Harvey could do to amend the situation. Fighting against them would be a hopeless battle; Avarex's wounds healed almost immediately, the huge behemoth looked near impossible to damage in the first place, and the tomb queen made her power evident by controlling the statues and effortlessly ending Jacob's life. As such, Harvey didn't reach for his weapons, instead opting to gather as much information as he could.

"'What do you want'...? What are you talking about?"

ValamLym

Samara simply smirked as she inhaled deeply, enjoying the scent of freedom. Her attention however snapped back to the group when only one spoke up, a modicum of surprise coursing through her mind. What did she want? she couldn't help but visually laugh in response to that question. ''Your world.'' she simply stated, giving the group a dead serious stare.

She stepped closer to Embalmus, her hands caressing his back as she did. ''To take back what is rightfully mine... and more.'' she turned to Avarex for a moment and narrowed her eyes. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but his loyalties seemed mixed. He had free'd her, she knew that, but she also sensed another power on him, the power of someone else. She figured that right now that hardly mattered and turned her attention back to the group.

''Don't try to be heroes, just like that human Jacob, you too will soon be in my thrall.'' she smirked ''Or did you think that voice in your head was your own?'' she gazed at Embalmus before stepping back. ''This is my mightiest servant, look at what you could become.'' she looked at Harvey in particular ''All you've got to do is let go of your mortality.''

Gawfy

Gawfy Took aim at the Bones coming at him while grabbing his sword. He Hefted his left arm again and fired his canon Smashing them to bits, Using the recoil from the cannon he tore it free and slid away from Avarex. The queen stepped out of her Coffin, as did the big fellow but Gawfy Focused on his reload. Loading the last ball he had into his arm he only catching the last part of her speech. I cant speak for the others but morality is all i got. He then Pointed to the statue he shot earlier. Im also wondering why your own guards would ask us not to open your casket He then gazed up at the tall fellow as he peered down at them. Also why take A detective He pointed to Harvey. A Hunter He pointed to Adon. And a Broken swordsman he pointed to himself. As followers? Surely a God like you has better taste then commoners like us

Kill3rxcombo

The sarcophagus flings Adon all the way to the doors leading outside, *so apparently there is an escape route*. But what really mattered at the moment was the entity that stands before the group, *I expected a heavily armored zombie man but this seems just as intimidating*. The armies of undead shift restlessly, the lady paces leisurely to the other sarcophagus of the room, the lid already opening on its own. A towering Anubis steps out from the sarcophagus, wielding brutal weapons in both hands. It radiates with tremendous power, countless armies and civilizations razed by its conquests.

Nonetheless, Adon was still glaring at Avarex, pondering about the different ways he can kill him. The mistress that stands before the group gives each person an offer; to become immortal and powerful whilst serving under her at the cost of mortality. "As enticing as immortality and infinite power sounds, Your Highness, I don't serve under any master as I am a freelance hunter. I may look like a knight, but I do not serve any ruler". "But if you let me eliminate that monster," he points to Avarex with his spear, "I can entertain you with the multiple ways I can end a beast."

*If I die, I want to take this traitor down with me*

Bunbun

As much as he hated to admit it, Harvey was seriously considering the offer.  It wasn't necessarily because he desired the kind of power being offered, but rather because of what he presumed the alternative was. After all, the queen had wasted no time getting rid of Jacob when she had no further use for him. If she could cause someone to drop dead so effortlessly, then there was no telling what she could do by using her full power... not to mention the control over the statues she'd displayed earlier. Shifting around uncomfortably, Harvey quickly tried to think up a response that wouldn't incite another fight... and hopefully keep his free will.

"...With all due respect, I don't think I can make a deal like that. It would probably, uh, get in the way of work, you know? People don't tend to take kindly to the undead... plus, my partner would be really angry with me."

He motioned over to Soma, who was passively hovering over by the doors and giving the awakened beings a rather stern glare. It seemed like the doors could be used as an exit, but it would probably be for the best to defuse the situation before making a break for it. There was no guarantee that they would survive if they tried to run, and there wasn't really anywhere to hide if they did make it outside.

Avarex

Avarex bows deeply to Samara "My wish came true, after unleashing a being that shows that the dead are far more than material burried in the dirt. While I already have a Master, allow me to escort you on your way out. I am sure you would be fond of being shown around." his motions casting a slight trail of darkness behind him. He smirks at the various comments - he grew to his full size again, looking at his former allies. Avarex shook his head, chuckling "My. You seem to be rather annoyed. Yet all you came for was treasure. I came here to free an entrapped entity. I am pictured as the evil one, while you were guided here by your sheer endless greed." he turns to Samara "Another reason why I prefer the company of the dead. They do not lie to you, they do not try to steal from you." his finger lasted accusingly on the trespassers of the Tomb Queen's prison "These individuals came here, for the promise to steal your riches, M'lady. My Mistress has sent me, to prevent your items falling into the hands of these insignificant beings."

He spreads his arms to eachside, from his form emerges darkness, that left barely light to see what was actually going on. Several portals opened to each side, yet none of them seemed to be a place that the mortals knew off. It was an alternate dimension, warped and abstract to the human eye - the place where their innermost nightmares seemed to origin from.

Avarex laughed as he stepped behind Samara "Ask - and I shall transport you to any place you desire. I am sure, Mistress Amira would be delighted to meet you."

ValamLym

Samara laughed loudly, her cackle echoing through the chamber. When she finally settled down an amused grin spread across her face ''Those statues were supposed to be my keepers, but I took control of them as easily as I did Jacob.. All it takes is a little time.'' she turned to Avarex, her grin remaining on her face ''I require no escort, I require no saving, I am the tomb queen and all will know to fear me.'' she turned to Harvey ''You misunderstand, it was not an offer.'' she spread her arms wide, the very sphinx shaking and vibrating as she did ''Servants, rise.. your mistress calls!''

Mere moments later the echoing screeches of the undead rang through the sphinx, the thousands upon thousands of elite guardians that Samara had been growing over decades rising from their slumber. ''Bring your mistress... their heads..'' she stated softly, but her command was registered loud and clear.

It didn't take long for undead to begin swarming in the doors opening with a tide of undead. But these weren't ordinary undead, they did not shamble, they moved almost organically as they charged fully intend on cutting everyone down in this room. ''And to make sure there is no escape...'' she nodded at Embalmus ''You know what to do.''

She then at last turned to Avarex a smile on her face ''Whomever your mistress might be she made an ally today. I recommend you tell her that.''

The voice echoed through the heads of the group a loud, mad laughter as the undead tide came forth from their slumber, over-running the room. ''Hahahhahahahaha!''

Salzem

The jackal-headed creature that was Embalmus was disgusted at the beings laid out before him, the pitiful humans that dared to deny his master's gift. If he had the honor of making this decision himself, these beings wouldn't be standing there before them, chattering like fools. No, they would be on the ground, their heads cut from their pitiful forms as he presented their souls to Lady Samara for her own experiments. He despised these beings not only for their BLATANT and UTTER FOOLISH disrespect of a lady such as she, but it was also the fact they were living in a place meant only for the dead. Samara's dead. Trespassing in a way only the living could, those greedy, chaotic apes. He tensed up as each one discarded his lady's suggestion, feeling his anger grow by the second. How dare they refuse such an offering? This was eternal life granted by a goddess no less and they were turning it down? It seemed these mortals needed some severe smiting... Before he could anticipate his queen's commands and end these fools, he felt her hand run up and down his back, immediately quelling his rage and allowing his professionalism to take over once again. His body relaxed and his eyes glowed less brightly as he adjusted his grip on his weapons. If this was what this world was like, he could only imagine the great abundance of headless walking corpses that would be serving her queen here. This was good, after all. If he remembered correctly, they were in need of a few back at the palace back home.

For the first time in several hundred years, Embalmus smiled as Lady Samara gave her command, skeletons, zombies, bone-amalgamates of any number of shapes and sizes rose from the sands within their tomb. It was a cruel, sharp grin that expressed his great, respectfully restrained desire to watch each one of them be torn limb from limb, his glowing orbs locking onto the human who wielded his lighting. He was not impressive, not in the slightest, far smaller than the jackal and no where near as powerful as the queen he served. When she gave him permission, The large undead advanced onto the field. Immediately, the moment he stepped down from the platform on which he stood. Massive skeletal hands sprouted up in front of the exit to this chamber, locking the mortals in with one sea of undead outside, and one quickly growing inside. He made a beeline directly at the lightning-man, cocking his whip-arm back before lashing the three-headed weapon towards his head, neck, and upper chest with such strength, likely immediately crushing his golden armor on impact. The barbed heads of the whip would snake through the air so fast, it would be a blur even to that of a monster such as himself. With his other hand, he dropped the curved blade within, curling his fingers inwards as he twisted his wrist up to face the ceiling. It appeared as if the air was being sucked out of the mortals' noses, eyes and mouths, but it was actually tiny pieces of their soul, culminating just above him human-dog palm. As more and more of their souls drained, as did their energy and will to resist. The soul-drain would take a fair amount of time to kill anyone on its own but with Embalmus actively in the field among this undead army, this would be a quick fight.

Gawfy

Gawfy wasn't sure what to do next. But he had to do somthing. So he put his hand on his chest and the Jaws of his helmet clamped down.  A Second wave a Rivets Bolted down into his bones and internal organs as the helmet's Eyes Gave off a Crimson glow. He Let out a Howl then crouched close to the ground. Seeing the monsters arm twitch he moved to adon in a flash. When the Balls where cast down Gawfy threw adon on the ground and Threw his hands in the air to Stop the ball. The ball smashed into gawfy's Arms breaking every bone in them. He Then grabbed it and tore it off its chain and threw it into the monsters other hand as he cast his spell. as the ball hit the monsters hand a faint stitching could be heard. Metal shards from the rivets where taking Gawfy's broken bones and flesh and putting them back into place to hold him together. Gawfy's Critical thinking was gone. All he could think about is how much he wanted to make everyone in this room into a Thick red paste.

Kill3rxcombo

Adon was right, the undead were itching for a command. They stepped forward immediate after the command was called. Adon charges up an attack, energy surges through his spear. Preoccupied from surveying the army and preparing his attack, he was completely unaware of the beast approaching rapidly. Luckily, Gawfy was on high alert and saved him from becoming mince meat while simultaneously stopping the beast from doing whatever he was doing.

Adon stands up and looks accusingly at the beast, "It was awfully cowardly of you to strike me whilst I was preoccupied." He turns to thank Gawfy for saving him but all Adon sees is bloodshed, Gawfy hacked through waves of undead with his sword like a hot knife through butter. Adon turns his attention back to the beast, looking enraged from Gawfy's intervention. "Turn your attention back to me, mutt," he shouted mockingly, " you are fighting me now understood? Though, you might become Chinese cuisine after the beating that will ensue" *From the speed he charged at me earlier, he's fast but I can definitely keep up, though I doubt I can inflict any significant damage*. Be beckons the beast to attack with a 'Come at me bro' pose, ready to avoid any attack that comes his way.

Bunbun

Much to Harvey's disappointment, the queen didn't exactly take kindly to his words. It seemed that she was intent on ending the lives of the whole group, whether they surrendered willingly or not. Soon enough, the army of undead heeded their master's call and began to storm the room, running at full speed almost like regular humans. Each of them was intent on ripping apart anything that was alive, regardless of how many of them were destroyed in the process. Quickly, the situation became more hopeless than it had ever been before. He wasn't entirely sure how powerful the rest of the group were, but Harvey didn't exactly have any extremely powerful abilities. Sure, he was a good fighter, but there was only so much he could do against an endless horde of enemies. It certainly looked like this place was going to become a tomb for more than just the queen... but he couldn't just accept death without at least trying to something about it. Filled with a sudden surge of resolve, the detective drew his sword and stepped forward to start thinning the crowd of undead, before suddenly stopping when something in the corner of his eye caught his attention.

Across the room, Soma had collapsed onto the ground due to a combination of sensory overload and the new factor of having his soul slowly drained. Concerned, Harvey immediately dropped his sword and sprinted over to the dragon and frantically checked to make sure he was still alive. He was breathing, thankfully, but there was no guarantee for how long that would last. In any case, there was no way in hell that Harvey was going to risk Soma getting injured... or even worse, killed. He was, more than ever before, focused on finding a way to get to safety; however, the only way out seemed to be the newly opened portals that probably led to somewhere even more dangerous. Steadily growing weaker and losing his will to fight, Harvey fell to his knees and held Soma close in a protective manner. He simply watched as the battle raged on, waiting as his energy was drained and the voices in his head exploded into in uproar of laughter.

Tags: