Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Damage control (open)

Started by Gawfy, October 14, 2016, 12:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawfy

Gawfy had had a rough day, Or more of a rough Week. Ever since he came here it seemed like people where out to get him. He would expect such from bandits and thieves but People In full armor and bearing the Thanatos Crest? He had not committed any Crimes Or had he? Everything has been a blur this week. He then wandered into a another coast town. It was nearing Sundown. He stepped into the local pub and Bought a bottle of cheap rum and sat down and started drinking. Its gonna be one of those days isnt it. He mumbled to himself.

Silverslade

The familiar scent of salty sea air filled his nostrils as Jaeris gazed into the glorious sunset from atop his rocky perch. The smells and sounds of the small port town he was visiting pleased him, he had always been fascinated by the ocean and its mysteries.

A low grumble from his stomach brought him back to reality. He'd been here for hours; the sun had barely risen when he'd begun scaling a large pinnacle jutting out from the beachfront. Putting his musings aside for the moment, Jaeris begun making his way back down to ground-level, eager to rustle up a meal.

It wasn't long before he approached a small tavern,  the smells of fresh seafood cooking guiding him to the hearth. Upon entering, Jaeris quickly scanned the room. For the most part it was fairly empty, save a few hungry sailors and fishermen. Jaeris couldn't help but notice the larger man, sitting with a familiar bottle of amber liquid.

Looks like another of those mercenary types, he thought.

Jaeris approached the barkeep and ordered himself a small plate of fish and vegetables, passing payment plus tip with a smile and a nod.

Gawfy

Gawfy finished Off the Bottle in a few minutes. he sat there for a minute before Getting up and getting another bottle. After he did so he opened it and started again. As he did so He heard Horses Rearing outside the bar. Gawfy stood up and walked to the back room of the bar. A few minutes later Knights with Red and gold Came into the bar. By the order of the temple no one leave. One of them rang out as he Pulled a Scroll from his bag. The knights began questioning people If they have seen a large mercenary man with a Oversized sword come into town. A Knight walked up to Jaeris and Asked him.

Silverslade

Jaeris jumped as an unexpected hand clapped him on the shoulder. The sharp jolt brought his thoughts back to the present, where an imperious looking man stood in Thanatian military attire.

Have you seen a larger man in these parts, possibly wielding a particularly large sword? The knight asked.

Reflexively, Jaeris' eyes flicked towards the man he had noticed previously, but he brought his attention back to the knight, hoping he hadn't noticed. He didn't know the big man, but he had no intention of getting anyone in trouble, even by accident. He fixed the knight with what he hoped was a placating smile and shook his head. Turning back to his meal politely, he now kept a wary air about him, listening to the events of the tavern.

Gawfy

The knight nodded as Another Knight opened the back room door. A Clash of metal was heard as Gawfy struck the man with his fist sending him flying to the other side of the room. The other knights turned around shocked. The One with a scroll Clammily got a letter out and read. Black swordsman you are Under arrest by order of the Temple and.. Gawfy interrupted  Interesting nickname He said as he surveyed the room. The other patrons where fleeing all except the man eating. The Knight with the letter Stared at the faceless tank with a Iron wolf helm.  And the Thanatos government, Lay down your sword! He commanded as more Knights Charged into the bar. Gawfy took a fighting stance and told the man eating, You may want to leave, things may get nasty

Silverslade

Jaeris was glad he'd resolved to keep his wits about him. He was ready to act the moment the calamity from the back room reached his ears. Prepared, though momentarily torn, he assessed the situation. He was not one to get involved in matters of the law, but there had recently been stirrings across the land that made him reconsider.

Coming to a quick decision, Jaeris stood and unlaced the woven glove on his right hand. He made no move to approach either party, but positioned himself to take action just in case. A lower ranking official seemed to take this as a threat and moved to approach, unsheathing his sword as he did so.

Before he had taken more than two steps, the knight suddenly stumbled. Looking down, his left foot seemed stubbornly planted to the floor. Looking around in confusion, the knight pulled and tugged at his own knee, until suddenly his foot was released and he fell sprawling backward.

As the other Knights began to regarding him as a potential threat, Jaeris simply smirked and looked over to the big man.

Need a hand?

Gawfy

Wouldn't mind One Gawfy said as he Charged the knight That was reading the Letter, Hitting him in the face making a satisfying clunk as the fist connected. Then back handing the two Knights That charged From his Left Knocking them both into a nearby table. Three or so Went towards the man who offered help but Gawfy figured he could handle himself. He Then went outside to Three more knights. two of them on a carriage and the other on foot. Gawfy grabbed the knight on foot as he Stuck his armor with his sword to no avail. he then Threw the Armored man into the side of the carriage prompting them to leave the scene, cursing Gawfy and saying they where reporting him. Gawfy heard no noise in the Bar and came back in to check on his ally.

Silverslade

Jaeris gaped at the expertise and speed at which the bigger man dispatched the knights. Looks like I backed the right side then he thought with a smirk. The moment didn't last for long however, and Jaeris now found himself surrounded by three rather perturbed looking armored knights.

With a strange flourish and gesture with his ungloved hand, Jaeris dropped to the floor and railed the closer of the knights with a sweeping low kick. The man toppled, and nearly reeled into his comrades. Not a split second later, Jaeris was between the two remaining standing men, a hand pressed on each of their helmets. Before they had time to register his movements, the two helmets came together with a mighty clang, dropping the two men simultaneously, as each clutched their battered heads.

The third man had somewhat regained his composure, and now eyed Jaeris warily, unwilling to advance, but too proud to retreat. Jaeris fixed him with a uncharacteristically intense glare.

Don't.

His voice, though sounding no different than before, seemed to have a peculiar effect on the men who each clutched at their heart before turning tail and fleeing.

Jaeris looked up as the bigger man re-entered the now-trashed tavern and raised an eyebrow.

So, how much trouble are we in?

Gawfy

I'm not sure my self honestly. Gawfy said as he got the bottle he was drinking back out from his bag. But it must have been Not very good seeing as how they did not state My "crime" Gawfy said. He then Took the scrolls and Letter from the downed knight and looked at them, and not anywhere did it state any crime. Just the fact that he was to be brought to the temple headquarters.
Gawfy shook his head and looked at the half elf. Arent they supposed to State your crime and then take you to trail in the capital with these kind of things? Gawfy said as he handed the documents to Jaeris. Name Is Gawfy  by the way. Or "the black swordsman" Whichever you perfer. Gawfy chuckled at himself.

neXi

Seeking a hot meal and a cold drink, Rad found himself blessing the doorway of the nearest tavern with his presence, and of course, his coin.

"Hello, good sir." He greeted the barkeep. "Can I see your menu? I'm in the market for an evening meal."

"Sure." The keep complied, handing over a menu. Perusing carefully for food worth eating, Rad cautiously selected a steak; a premium meal he was used to.

"And a scotch, on the rocks if you please." The beginning of a night to not remember, mayhaps.

After a short period of time, the meal was served, and the drink also.  The steak was larger than he was used to, and god almighty, they surely had forgotten the bread. He always had bread with his meals, perhaps it was different here. Unacceptable, these people are missing out on the fluffy edible whiteness that is baked dough. A part of him fantasised about becoming a loud obnoxious bread advocate, and making a fuss, but perhaps he was to be here another time. It would be counterproductive to stir the pot, as a figure of speech anyway.

The food was still delicious, but he wasn't used to the foliage, not dissimilar to grass, or leaves from a tree that would bear fruit, but apparently it was fit for human consumption, so he soldiered through it. What a trooper. The steak was well cooked to medium rare, and was a delight to eat. You could even say that steak used to be his bread and butter. Musing to amuse yourself was fun.

Halfway through a gulp of his scotch, paying for his meal he noticed a confrontation between a fully armored man, a man with black hair and a coat longer than his own (blasphemy), and a few knights, presumedly from the governing temple. After a couple of strikes from the large armored man, the other looked to have teleported, and scared the life out of the guards. They must have been near stroke, clutching their hearts so tightly, before whimpering away like scared strays.

The duo's next conversation piqued his interest.

"So how much trouble are we in?"

"I'm not sure my self honestly. But it must have been not very good seeing as how they did not state my "crime". Arent they supposed to state your crime and then take you to trail in the capital with these kind of things?"

Rad was curious, and mused over whether it would be worth it to pursue such a tale. Surely he could use the reputation. Perhaps he would listen to the other one before rudely butting into their conversation, touting qualifications and boasting of prowess. Perhaps it was better to wait a little before continuing. This kind of thing would possibly help his understanding of the Thanati also, a net plus.

Silverslade

((I like the colour idea, I'ma go with that.))

Jaeris extended his (now gloved) hand and shook with Gawfy. "Jaeris," he said, inclining his head "They did appear to be on official business, however lack a of a stated crime is suspicious. It seems like whatever this is is coming from the capital."

Jaeris considered the situation for a moment. He had planned to move on soon, and the capital was eventually his destination anyway. A companion would be good to have on the road, and he could certainly do a lot worse than the burly man before him. "I could accompany you, if you planned on heading there. Two sets of eyes on the road makes for a safer journey."

Gawfy

Gawfy shook his hand and Shook his head. Not Really If any thing i wanna get the hell out.
Gawfy as he thunk. I would like some company to the nearest port town with  sizeable boats Gawfy said as he walked Out into The open.

neXi

And after all that time thinking, the mystery perhaps doesn't need solving. it seems that the armored man would rather get out of dodge than deal with a judicial mess. Respectable. Rad could relate.

Rad had just come in from one of the ports in Thanatos. It was a wonder why this man needed to be on a sizeable ship, but Rad felt obliged to help the man with his options regardless.

Rad gently slammed down his cup, with traces of undrunk ice at the bottom, and hopped of his comfortable bar stool to approach the duo.

"I couldn't help but overhear you're looking for a port. I came into town on a boat just recently, I could show you to the port I came in on if you like." There were few things Rad knew about Thanatos, but this was one of them.

"I'm Rad, by the way, Rad Axton." he greeted, extending his hand to each in order. Did people handshake here? Maybe he was being culturally insensitive by offering physical contact, but the sentiment was clear.

Blink

Mumbling she walked out of a nearby shop as she tucked the last bit of her pink hair up into her newly bought head dress. Her normal garb was no match for the Thanati weather so instead Jaela opted for something more.... cultured. Her last destination had been in Northern Le'Raana where the tundra and ice called for much thicker clothing. Having traded in her thick leather leggings and top for a more simplistic silken dress Jaela was beginning to look more and more native by the hour. Even the tattoo she usually hid on her right forearm could be uncovered here. The chances of anyone even being able to translate it were zero to none in Thanatos.

Standing proud she placed her hands on her hips as she swayed back and forth to determine her next destination. A coastal wind whipped past her diverting the young woman's attention to her new head dress yet again. "Curses" she mumbled as she tucked an unruly pink strand back into it. It was at this moment a local bumped into her, no doubt due to the hustle and bustle of the port. Laughing Jaela turned to the passerby who happened to be a woman in similar garb. "I'm so sorry ma'am" Jaela apologized bowing at the woman as she did so. She could dress in all the Thanati garb she wanted to but would never fully blend it, her skin was simply to pail.

Whilst in her bow the head dress she had been battling for the past few minutes fully slid off of her head and into the sand exposing her pink hair. So there... in the middle of the port Jaela began her meltdown. "Are you kidding me!" she screamed at the silk fabric now laying on the ground. Standing straight she crossed her arms in front of her chest and turned her body only slightly from the headscarf on the ground. Peaking over her shoulder she stared it down before turning towards it once again, a calm look now set on her face.

Taking in a deep breath she tilted her head to the side before stomping a foot into the sand. With this action a large and clearly over dramatic wave of sand rose from the ground before it crashed back down onto the fabric. Jaela maniacally laughed as she had clearly defeated her opponent. "Hmph" she finished as she finally stepped away not even acknowledging the crowd that had gathered.

Gawfy

Gawfy.He said to the man as he shook his hand. Yes that would be nice of you if you could. They have big boats at the port you where at? Because i would hate it if some one spotted me on my way out Rad. He asked the man. But would the port idea even work? Hell if those knights got away and told their superiors about a 6'7" man with black armor Running about wanted wouldn't they be on the look out? Gawfy thought.  He then turned to Jaeris if the port idea doesn't word then i guess we could head to he capital. He said with a sigh He looked around and a crowd had gathered around the Pub. Gawfy moved through them as he signaled to Jaeris and Rad to follow. As he did so He bumped into a young girl with pink hair. He did not say anything and moved on wanting to leave.

Silverslade

Jaeris couldn't help but glance back apologetically at the girl as she all but bounced off Gawfy's wide frame. He cast a sideways glance at the newcomer; the man seemed earnest enough, if not for his somewhat... grating accent. Jaeris accepted the handshake politely, and couldn't help but notice the man seemed quite adept at flashing his unnaturally white teeth.

Jaeris reached inside his cloak and withdrew a small rolled map from some inner pocket. He unfurled it and studied it intently, relying on the back of Gawfy's head to guide him in the right direction.

"I can guide us through the rainforests." Jaeris said, pointing vaguely at the map, "But it will be dangerous."

At the thought, he began rummaging through various pockets, checking on his supplies.

Gawfy

Let us do that then. Gawfy Said as he Got through the crowd and away from the commotion. He felt a little bad for knocking into that woman but Gawfy just wanted to be Out. Gawfy and company walked out of sight then Knelt down looking at the map. He then opened his mouth and asked Why don't we plot our course?

neXi

"Well, a lesson I've learned over my short and relatively meaningless life on this earth is; why not ask someone who knows better?" Questioned Rad.

It was odd that Gawfy was indecisive on the best course of action. He seemed to know what he did, but didn't know what to do about it. Or perhaps he forgot and is now looking for a convenient way out of a mess he made after a couple of bottles of liquor. Regardless, Rad had meddled his way into a situation he would feel guilty leaving, reputationally at least. Were he to leave and word spread about an apathetic foreigner refusing to help locals, well that wouldn't be the nicest rumour. These two seemed nice enough, however.

Unlikely, but still a risk.

Looking for the nearest local, Rad spotted a cutie in a spring dress, after her long pink hair lost a fight with a hair tie. She dressed like a local, but her skin seemed paler than your average Thanati. She seemed like she would know enough to help.

"Excuse me miss." Rad prompted her, hand on shoulder to attempt to get her to turn around. They were a few steps away from the others, as they surveyed a map for the best course of action. A life of pursuing others numbed the butterflies.

"If someone were fleeing from the law and wanted to evade capture, what would the best course of action be around here. We were considering going to the nearest port town through one of the jungles, but that seems like a lot of effort."

Rad's mouth arced into a wry smile. "Asking for a friend."

Gawfy and Jaeris seemed happy enough to go through the forest, under Jaeris' guidance. It couldn't hurt to have a third opinion, as Rad didn't really have enough knowledge to know better.

This was an awkward situation. Did Gawfy murder someone? Who knows. The man seems to drink a lot. Perhaps he's innocent and being falsely persecuted. Rad had his suspicions.

Blink

Jaelas attempt at walking away from the scene was quickly decimated by the stranger whom placed his hand on her shoulder. She stood listening to his question before turning towards him, a look of confusion spread across her face.

Mimicking his action she lifted her arm placing it on his shoulder, allowing a long pause before speaking. "Well...." her face now very serious. "I suppose the best course of action would be to turn yourself in..." she paused before tilting her head to the side and smiling "That would take the least amount of effort." she lowered her hand from his shoulder, now resting it at her side. "But I suppose that could be troublesome as well".

She paused once more, her attention flowing past the man towards the two looking at a map, obviously foreigners. "Your original plan is probably best. Going through the jungle is really the only option for people in your 'situation'...." She winked at the man whom she had now led herself to believe was not at all asking for a friend but for himself. Jokingly she elbowed at him raising her one of her brows. "So what did you do? I mean... what did your friend do?"

SionnachSaysHi

Sionnach had an interesting day. First, he had been duped out of some coin from a con man, which he then quickly 'took care of', then he had gone to have a drink in a local tavern. On his way there, however, he managed to overhear a group of people talking about turning themselves in, or going through a rain forest.

Sionnach sighed, thinking about his options. He could either continue to the tavern, order a couple of drinks, and go home, then continue gathering people to serve him and his new world, or he could join these interesting group of people and help them out a bit. Maybe earn a bit of coin on the side, if he was lucky. Everyone needs coins. Plus, he might get some entertainment from this. Maybe mess with them a bit.

The decision was obvious for him. He started walking to them.

"Hello, sorry to intrude, but I couldn't help overhearing your conversation. I'd like to tag along. I got nothing better to do."

It was only after he finished making that statement that he realized normal humans can't hear a conversation as far away as he was. Hopefully they didn't notice.

Tags: