Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh prey [Jackiecat!]

Started by Medievarad, October 18, 2016, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Deciding not to reply to his remark, rather continuing the skinning of the deer. "No store. Leather is worth. Flesh will rot, scavengers feed," she answered with a nod, pushing herself up with the ragged skin from the creature.

JackieCat

"Oh, okay."

He glanced around. "So. . . what kind of creatures are in this forest?"  he asked. "Are any of them dangerous?"

Best to get a good idea of what lurked in his new surroundings if he was going to be lost here for a while.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Medievarad

"Much dangerous," Tan'un replied with a soft hum. She tucked the freshly cut skin under her arm, glancing up to one of the trees. "You die.. Quickly."

It was then that Tan'un looked back at Skiff, before letting out a defeated sigh. "Follow," she commanded.

JackieCat

Dangerous.  Die.  Quickly.

Skiff blanched, that did not sound like a good time.  When she turned away to leave, the werewolf was going to call after her, to ask her to stay, but she paused herself, and turned back to him, and he sighed with relief as she ordered him to follow.

"Happy to," he said, falling in step behind her.  Thank the gods, he didn't want to be alone in these woods.  All the same, he still didn't know if he could trust the shiftier he now followed, after all, he had just met her, and she was in these supposedly dangerous woods.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Medievarad

"Good," she answered with a soft grunt, making her way to the shrubberies.

And after a short, rather event less walk, Tan'un ducked to head inside a cave. One she had selected as her temporary home. It seemed rather small, designed for one person. And besides some other hunter's tools, there were only furs on the ground. Probably where she slept.

JackieCat

Skiff followed her silently through the forest, and followed her, somewhat hesitantly, into the cave.

"Um, nice place," the werewolf said, glancing around.  Indeed, despite it's simplicity, it was better than where Skiff had been staying the past few nights as he had traveled, which was just curling up in  any hollow or outcropping he could find.

"Do you live here all the time?" he asked.  He assumed she did, but perhaps there was another cave somewhere else?  Or maybe she mostly traveled, not staying in one place for too long.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

"For now," she answered, putting the leather against the wall. "Darkness will fall," she stated curtly, leaning forward to grab a small bottle she managed to scavenge, filled with water. "Thirst?" She inquired, looking up at Skiff, holding up the glass container towards him as an offer.

JackieCat

"Umm. . ."  he was about to decline the offer, but then he realized that if he was thirsty later, there was no way he was going to ask her for a drink.  ". . .sure."

He took the bottle and took only a few sips.  He didn't know how much water she had, but he didn't want to drink it all.

"So, what do you do out here, all by yourself?" he asked after he handed the bottle back to her.  "Just survive?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

"Survive," Tan'un replied with a throaty grunt of acknowledgementpain, taking the bottle and placing it down with the greatest of care. As if it was a sacred item.

"Where you from?" She inquired with a soft frown, leaning against the side of the cave, eyes sliding shut slowly.

JackieCat

Survive, that's about what Skiff did all the time too.  It was especially hard for a wolf to live by themselves, they naturally wanted companionship.  But skiff supposed that a panther was naturally a loner.

"Draconi Woods," he answered her question after a moment. "Draconi Woods."  Not quite sure what to say, he shot the question back at her. "Where are you from?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: