Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How to train my angel (Private, Sal)

Started by ValamLym, October 27, 2016, 10:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValamLym

Amira didn't seem to be awfully concerned by the intense desert heat, in fact, it was highly probable her body constantly regulated at the optimal temperature for herself. However, the people of the desert did not have this luxury and required to settle around small oasis scattered across the landscape. Easy pickings.

It came unexpectedly for them, the sudden thunder, the black rain.. it was all very unnatural, when in the first instance they celebrated the potential rain the second they howled in terror as they realized this wasn't actual rain, but a black liquid that was riling up their camels and burning through their hovels. It seemed cruel, why pick on innocents? But to Amira, nobody was innocent and everyone was prey, especially on this day. The anniversary of her ''fall'', where Symiria send her down to battle her cravings... That was almost a thousand years ago.

A massive black dome enclosed the village, stopping the villager's from escaping, while Amira flew overhead, black wings keeping her aloft as she looked down upon the village. Many would be impressed with their own deeds, black rain, thunder.. all this she created without so much as lifting a finger, but power meant little to Amira, there's a limit to what you can achieve and handle and she is perfectly balanced on that limit, many would confuse her for a goddess, maybe in terms of raw power it would make her easier to understand, but many more would think of her as a demon. To Amira, few things mattered, it was just humiliating how mortal cravings kept her so predictable to the intelligent.

She parted her lips, her voice thundering across the village ''I assume you all want to live... well, you've got the next few minutes to do just that.'' she smirked visually as the villager's gathered below ''I'm here for one thing and one thing only.. your lives.'' slowly she descended, landing between the folks who looked at her in pure horror. A few brave souls would attempt to slay Amira, but their blades couldn't pierce her skin, she grabbed one by the head ''Try a bit harder.'' she simply muttered, before popping his head like a balloon, letting his body fall to the ground and his soul swirl toward her hand.

''Any more takers?'' she simply inquired, the remaining men lost their bravery and joined the group surrounding Amira. All of them knew none of them would be walking away from this, but they desperately held on to that sliver of hope that their imagination created for them. Her eyes scanned the group, before speaking again ''Don't you want to live before you die?'' she smirked ''Then let me see you live before you die!'' she yelled, her voice thundering across the village.

''Amuse me.''

When she muttered those final and destructive words the people panicked, some began running, while other's would desperately try to answer her request, attacking everyone they could see. What started out as a mass rout would soon turn into a blood bath. Amira simply folded her hands behind her back ''I'm addicted to this.'' she simply muttered, collecting all the souls she was gathering. Truly, she was getting out of control, her hunger growing by the hour.

Salzem

Aeizith was in the town's pub when all this went down. Although DEFINATELY not a place the dragon would EVER go if he had a choice, but it was the only place that sold large quantities of water for lower prices. He seemed to be drinking their entire supply, paying for glace after glass as the frost dragon tried to re-hydrate after that near-death experience of flying nonstop through the desert. Eventually, he did quit however, feeling satisfied with most of his mortal-money depleted. There, he sat at a booth alone, glancing up at a nearby window, confused as the light from outside seemed to wane. Strange... It was the afternoon and rain never happens in the desert. Something was very, clearly wrong here... Despite this fact, Aeizith did not rise from his seat and, instead, curled up tighter in it, hoping that whatever was blocking out the sun wasn't Emilia. He even prayed to a random, nameless god that his older sister wasn't hovering above them right now, ready to decimate them with one mighty lunge.... But brutal, painful death never claimed him and everyone else. Instead, something far slower and haunting was running through the town. He heard screams, cries of agony, rage and fear as metal smashed against metal and the familiar sounds of bodies hitting the ground outside. The young dragon's eyes widened with fear as he got up from his seat, shakily approaching the open door to the pub while everyone else backed into the other end. He could see the bloodied arm of a woman peeking around the corner and its movement as something tore itself out of the owner's torso. Before the lonely ice-dragon could take another step, a frenzied, bloodied human stepped in front of the door-way, a twisted chunk of metal in one hand and an old rusted knife in the other, both soaked in a thick red liquid. His eyes were wild, crazed and... fearful...? He was afraid...? Aeizith, instead of taking a step backwards, took a step forwards, reaching a hand out as if to offer a gesture of peace. For a split second, it looked as if he might pacify the man, but then sharp pointed steel prongs, three of them ripped their way through the front of his chest, spraying blood across the dragon's pale face. Aeizith shivered in shock as the man crumpled before him, a woman holding a nasty pitchfork breathing heavily as she attempted to rip her weapon out of the fallen male's ribs. Before she could retrieve her tool, Aeizith placed a hand on her face, freezing her head solid before it shattered in a cloud of red mist.

The dragon was unprepared for the absolute carnage that unfolded outside. What he had witnessed just a moment ago in the pub was a MERE TASTE of what was going on outside. It was as if war itself had broken out amongst friends and family. A nasty, bloody, tooth-and-claw war in some desperate bid to do.... something. Aeizith stared with wide eyes as brother killed brother, Mother killed children... Everyone was killing someone... And then there was someone walking down the road that separated the town, picking up the souls left behind on the fallen, dark wings spread. It was Amira. Among all this carnage, Amira seemed to be taking joy in collecting the souls as if they were Easter eggs. He didn't know what to say or even do. He didn't even realize he had been holding his breath until he felt himself growing lightheaded.

"A-Amira.....?" Aeizith gasped, his face still stained with the red of that man's blood. "W-what..... this... the town...." He was unable to speak completely, still in utter ruin over what happened to the town. People were being ripped asunder all around him and then there was this massive black dome above them all. He was terrified, confused... the world seemed to crush in all around him.

ValamLym

Amira seemed to concentrate on the carnage, delighted, as man cut down child and woman cut down man. Some would attempt to defend their family but many more were forced down toward bestial urges, no longer something to be called human. It was easy, too easy. Amira thought, clasping her hands together.

When suddenly an odd sensation send a shiver down her spine, she couldn't quite place what it was but when she was suddenly eye to eye with her boyfriend she froze for a moment. How was she going to explain this? She shook her head, she didn't have to explain anything, she didn't owe anyone anything. At-least, so she wished to think but Aeizith made that difficult.

It took her several minutes to formulate a proper response, all the while people kept falling beside her, their souls dragged toward her hand. ''I.. uhm.. What are you doing here!'' she practically turned angry, like she always did when she had trouble keeping up appearances ''You shouldn't be here!'' when one of the humans attempted to strike Aeizith, she threw a bolt of black energy, causing the man to scream in agony as he fell to his knees, his skin melting from his bones.

Eventually, her expression seemed to relax, somewhat at-least. She was combat ready this entire time but tried to hide less behind anger ''Of all places you show up here...'' she simply muttered, placing her hands behind her back as she simply looked at Aeizith.

Salzem

Aeizith didn't seem to know what to say about as much as Amira did. As the chaos spurred on around them, blood filling the streets like water, the angel and the dragon simply stared at each-other, neither quite believing that the other had anything to do with this madness going on around them. For several minutes, they just stood and stared, Aeizith shocked to see that Amira was capable of such utter madness and Amira seemed shocked that he was there in the middle. The fallen angel recovered first, asking what he was even doing here. At the sound of her voice, the little frost dragon blinked, bringing him back to reality, staring down the seemingly angry deity.

"I-I.... was looking for you...." he stuttered, surprised at her sudden outburst of anger. He flinched, wincing away as she yelled how he shouldn't even BE here. He didn't know what to say... Did she not want to see him...? Had he somehow ruined her day by showing his face...? Amira's arm flashed and Aeizith heard a scream right behind him followed by a *thump* and the sound of melting flesh. He didn't dare turn around to see who she'd struck, keeping his azure eyes locked onto her pink. As quickly as it came, the fallen angel's rage seemed to subside for the most part, appearing more exasperated than enraged. The little lonely ice dragon felt hurt by her reaction, the evidence of which clear on his face. He wanted to be with her like they had when the first met, like they never had the chance to do back in the plains but it seemed all he was, like forever and always, a complete detriment to those he loved.

Still, with this act being apparent, Aeizith wasn't going to just slink away like he would were he confronted by his siblings. He wasn't just going to leave Amira alone and wonder what he had ever done wrong. No, he walked right up to her, closing the short distance between them before planting a small, but meaningful kiss right on her lips, should she allow it. Time slowed down, at least for him as he kissed her. He'd been waiting to do this for a long time, not caring about the circumstances or the madness itself. He still loved the dark, soul-craving angel with a passion and he wasn't going to that go to waste. After a few seconds, he would pull away, staring warmly into her eyes.

"I love you..." He murmured, placing another quick kiss on her lips if she allowed. "I always will..."

ValamLym

Amira, albeit somewhat annoyed did not protest against his kiss. She wasn't particularly angry within him, but more with the situation. She had hoped to be with him without ever showing her true colors, but today he had walked right in on her. She knew deep down he had already seen a large portion of it when they had first met, but she still tried to keep it from him.

Naturally, he didn't care, he never did let her darker side put him off from her and that somehow surprised her still. True, he had told her plenty of stories about how his siblings went to work but she figured her kind of wrath was on an entirely different level.

She let him place the second kiss as well, simply looking at him as he did. She made no real move to hug him or anything, clearly not in a very embraceable mood, being in a slaughter ground after all. Regardless his words made her warm up, her eyes growing softer. She didn't quite get why he seemed so visually offended before, had she behaved differently then normal?

She shook the thought off and turned her attention to the now twenty souls gathered in her hand, tucking it behind her back, almost as if she tried to hide it from him. She wondered what she could ask, what she could even say. Quickly, she simply began from where she started ''Really, what are you doing here Aeizith..'' she couldn't help but chuckle ''An ice dragon in the desert.'' around them the carnage continued and Amira quickly wove a smaller dome around them, so that they would not be interrupted.

Salzem

Little did Amira know (or maybe she did) was that Aeizith himself was also trying to hide a darker form of himself as well. Although he wasn't one for mass murder and soul collecting like the angel he was kissing, Aeizith actually was hungry for the corpses of the dead. Like all dragons, regular person-food would only sustain them so long and literally required the flesh of the living or recently dead men, not unlike the zombies or rotting corpses that wander around, but he doesn't like to think about that. In truth, if this town started killing each other on their own, he would have taken a body and gnawed on it in a corner just to end this hunger. With Amira here though, his priorities have shifted. All he wanted to do now is kiss her... And kiss her he did. After he pulled away for the second time, Amira's gaze shifted, appearing far more loving and warm than it was a moment ago. He smiled gently but didn't go in for a third, choosing to reserve that honor to her whenever she decided to take it.

Instead of returning his gesture, she asked him what he was really doing here, appearing to laugh at the concept of an ice dragon in the desert. Yes indeed, the irony was not lost on the lonely ice dragon, especially because the heat reminded him of how stunted his icy talents were in this environment. He had taken a great risk coming here but didn't regret it in the least. He had found his love, the one he'd come all this way for.

"No, really... I came here looking for you..." He said with a smile as the second barrier closed around them, separating the pair from the blood-bath outside. He had noticed her trying to sneakily slip the souls behind her back, hiding them from his view, but now that didn't matter so much. Maybe he'd talk to her a bit later about it... maybe... "I... don't have a home anymore... I've been shunned by my family..." He admitted with a shrug of his shoulders and only a minor stab of pain in his heart. When he was with Amira, saying it didn't seem so bad. "I.... want to ask if I can... stay with you a while...? I'll do anything you ask...."

ValamLym

A genuine look of surprise crossed her face as Aeizith stated his request, she knew he had trouble back at home but being kicked out? She wondered what he had done, or more specifically what had happened. After all, were they not family? She pondered it herself for a moment, before turning her attention back to him.

''Shunned, how? what happened?'' she simply asked, her pink gaze fixated on his blue. She didn't want to pry too much, but after all, he'd have to tell her at some point. She could not help but avoid the subject of staying with her for a while, she liked him, truly. But she also feared for her duties if she were to offer him to stay with her, not to mention he probably had no idea in what kind of environment she even lived.

''You realize I live in Symiria's realm, I can take you there, but you're still a mortal. It's not fit for you.'' she tried not to sound final about it, he could come should he really want to and need a place to stay, she just felt it was fair to warn him beforehand. ''That and I wont be around much.'' she sighed ''Can't you talk it out with your family? I assume you and your sister clashed again.'' she placed her hands on her hips as she looked at him, more and more souls gathering in her hand. It wasn't that she didn't want him around, it was more that she didn't want to expose him to too much of her inner workings so soon.

Salzem

Aeizith shook his head, sorrow obvious on his face at her question. Even as he tried to put it out of his mind, remain detached and all, he simply couldn't put his emotions away well... He looked at Amira longingly, with eyes hurt and vulnerable, the memory fresh in his mind.

"Emilia... my Elder sister....?" Aeizith began, doing his best to keep his cold from radiating outwards more than normal. In a confined space such as this, both Amira and he might grow uncomfortable, perhaps even completely covered in ice were he to express himself fully. Instead of freezing the entire sub-dome solid, however, he simply cupped his palms, icy mist whisping and swirling in his palm, building a figure not unlike the masterpiece he had given to his angel a little while ago. When it was complete, an exact replica of Emilia's human form rested in Aeizith's hand, crude, but her armor, face and hair clearly defined in the artwork. Emilia's back was to him with her head turned just a bit, looking over her shoulder with such lack of emotion carved into her face.... Just as he remembered her... "...The whole family got drawn into it.... It was about letting my other older sister, Eira, back home..." As he spoke, the figure in his hand shifted to the gentler form of Eira, her dress and smiling face obvious as the replica took a kneeling position. "...Things go bad fast... Everything fell apart faster than they could be stopped... before we knew it... we were at each other's throats..." The figure in his hands changed again to scale, Emilia's massive dragon form surrounded by the draconic forms of his other siblings. "I was cast out once it was over.... It's why I came to you...." With those words leaving his lips, the icy sculpture disappeared. Amira spoke of how her realm wasn't fit for him and Aeizith nodded. He wasn't going to pretend that he could understand an angel's realm or even survive it for that matter. What a stupid reptile he was.

"I-I understand...." He said with a sniffle and a smile. "Maybe... at least... We could spend some time together...? I... just want to be with you right now..." He knew Amira was busy at the moment, clearing out the town and maybe he could help her with that, but Aeizith desperately needed the love of his partner... he needed Amira...

ValamLym

Amira listened intently as he spoke, looking at the shifting sculpture within his hands. She didn't quite get the whole picture from this. But what was clear was that something happened that had clearly caused a rift within Aeizith's family. She couldn't help but wonder if she was part of the issue, but from the look of things she somehow doubted it. She doubted his family even knew of her existence. That didn't really hurt her however, as she fully understood what kind of family he had come from.

She stepped closer, ignoring his cold and embracing him, dragging him into a hug. ''I'm sorry, I'd let you come with me. But it is no place for a dragon.'' she cupped his cheek with her hand before stepping back again, nudging her head. ''I suppose we can. I'm collecting right now though.'' she looked out the dome, noting that only a few people were left alive and dropped their smaller one.

The people that were still alive seemed to panic as it did, but Amira made no move to attack them, instead her eyes were still fixated on Aeizith, trying to think of a way that he might find a place to live. ''We can always find you some isolated place.. then I can magically summon some guardians to protect you and your home.'' she shrugged, not quite sure what else there was that she could do. Meanwhile, she continued to passively collect the souls.

Salzem

The little ice dragon clung to Amira for all it was worth, pressing his face into her shoulder for the duration of their embrace. Just being around her brightened his day substantially, but being hugged by his girlfriend was just something magical. He knew all about the controversy surrounding Amira, the darkness, the rumors, and today he saw that a good many of them were true, but that was just fine. Aeizith loved her even more because of her faults, not in spite of them. He could have stood their for hours with her, just holding that hug while he got his emotions back in manageable order, but great things really do come to an end. She pulled away and cupped his cheek in her hand, and, for the briefest of moments, Aeizith thought that maybe, just maybe, she'd give him a kiss, something he desperately craved right now, but instead, she dropped the tinier barrier around them, revealing the carnage of the outside. It was a bloodbath, to be sure, but it was certainly far less impactful than the first time he had witnessed it. The remaining survivors were still in a panicked frenzy, running around, screaming and fighting, but none dared made a move on either of them, surely fearing the angel's wrath. Were he where they were now, on the bad side of Amira's wrath, he would have crawled in a closet and hid which, most likely, was where everyone inside their homes were. He smiled gently at her offer, wanting so badly to kiss her again, but dared not fore he would interupt her soul-collecting. being a nuisance to his girlfriend as well would have just made EVERYTHING worse. Instead, he looked out across the ocean of red and islands of bodies, small smile on his face.

"I love you so much, Amira... I really, really do... Thank you so much...." 

ValamLym

Amira narrowed her eyes a little at Aeizith, although not out of spite but out of concern. Despite all odds he did feel awfully emotional. She knew he was much more emotional then most dragons, but she did immediately feel that whatever happened between him and his siblings bothered him a great deal, perhaps he even hated himself for letting it happen, it wouldn't be unlike him.

She let out a sigh, as much as she hated to admit it. She had a boyfriend now and he should come before the collecting of souls, despite her stomach's obscenely loud growl in protest. She took him by the hand and sat down, dragging him down with her. She swung her arm over his shoulder and forced him to lie against her chest, her hands weaving through his hair.

''I'm starting to believe this entirely ordeal bothers you a lot more then you let on.'' she simply stated, turning his head and placing a kiss on his lips. ''The collecting can wait, you're more important.'' she wanted to tell him to just let it all out, but she feared he might take that as her forcing him to show emotions he may not want to. But still, she had that nagging feeling that he had much more pent up frustration then he let on, maybe - now that she thought about it- even outside of his current sibling predicament.

''So, talk to me.''

Salzem

Aeizith wasn't expecting Amira to do what she did, sitting them both down, forcing him to lie up against her with her fingers running through his white-as-snow hair. Amira suspected that the whole situation was far more devastating than he let on, placing a kiss on his lips before asking him to talk. Aeizith didn't know what to say or even where to begin. The words just wouldn't come to him as the images of the past events played through his mind over and over again. Tears welled up as he stared into the eyes of his beloved angel before he buried his face in her shoulder and cried. All of the emotions he had been holding back since the they day he was exiled came forth, expressed in the way his body shook, his voice cracked, the way that the whole landscape was turning into a frozen tundra in opposition to the desert it was a moment before. Sand froze until they were nuggets of ice, the hot air temperature dropped to freezing in a matter of moments, the ruined houses and bodies were quickly consumed by the rapid change in environment. Anyone who was still alive since the manic onslaught of their neighbors were most likely completely enveloped in the icy storm that formed from the lonely dragon's unleashed emotions. Icy pillars exploded upwards from the ever-rising blanket of snow before falling over and crushing the frozen buildings. It looked as if an army of cryomancers had just declared war on the desert landscape when it was only the grief of one ice dragon. Eventually, he either ran out of tears or out of breath because his crying stopped. He looked up into the beautiful pink eyes of Amira, his face full of nothing but despair, fear and sadness. The clouds gathering  beneath the black dome swirled angrily over head, a vortex that foretold the end of everything beneath it's eye.

"Its all my fault...." He mumbled, the quaking of his body increasing in magnitude. "I hurt them all so bad... I was so stupid to act against her.... I...." Aeizith shook his head and returned his face to Amira's shoulder, the clouds above stirring ominously,

ValamLym

Amira simply continued patting her boyfriend, the ice that he was creating was impressive and would cause any normal person to fear. But Amira's body didn't function like that, it always kept the ideal level of warmth within her and as such the cold did little to nothing to her, it probably only caused her breath to turn into an icy wind. ''We all make mistakes.'' she simply stated, continuing to pat Aeizith.

Tucking him as close as she could, she rubbed her cheek against his trying to calm him down a little. ''Strength lies in being able to admit that and atone for it.'' she added, trying to sound neutral in the ordeal. Of course, normally she would easily have picked his side. But this where his siblings and she doubted he wanted to hear her scold them over an event she didn't even know much about. Not to mention that she herself found that to be extremely disrespectful and above all else, stupid.

''But first, you need to calm down a little.'' she took his hands into her own and rubbed them gently with her thumbs.

Tags: