Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Secret Of The Fallen Island! [CLOSED]

Started by Codex, October 30, 2016, 06:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

You're sailing across the Hivan ocean on your regular travels for whatever reasons that may be, when your ship encounters a strange, ominous green fog! Before your navigator can steer away from the dark mist, it completely engulfs your vessel! Soon, every single crew member falls to the deck. Knocked out cold by the strange magical fog...

An unknown amount of time later, you finally awaken. The feeling of soft sand on your cheek, and hot sun bearing down on you in a cloudless sky. You're on an island! The rest of the people from your crew are also on the island, and it seems everyone is still alive, although one thing is out of place... Where is your ship? How on earth did you get stranded on this island? The last thing you can remember was falling to a deep sleep after the green mist entered your lungs, and now you're here! But it's not only you... It seems dozens of others have all encountered the same fog, and can relay the same tale as you... Something dark is stirring on this island, as you can feel it in your bones. And the fact that you can't use any magic won't help things either...

SECRET OF THE FALLEN ISLAND

Hello all! I have created this mini plot for those who're interested in a little adventure, mystery, and puzzle solving! Basically, your char and whoever is on the ship that they were on have all been mysteriously transported to a mystical island. At first glance, it looks like any normal tropical island on the Hivan ocean, but as you'll soon discover, it harbors a dark secret... The first hint will be the fact that it nullifies all magic! The goal for our band of protagonists will be simple at first: Figure out how they got on the island, and figure out how to get off of it.

Of course, the deeper into the story they venture, the darker it will become. Soon it will be a matter that won't only effect them, but something that could have an impact on a much larger scale...

I will be Roleplaying as my first, and possibly favorite character: Captain Soulscar! (Mythica) And the mysterious antagonist who has yet to be revealed. Note their aren't any main protagonists for this story, so anyone can join. However, I must note I am only looking for a max of 6 people. Just comment below if you have a char who you want to join, and give a reason as to why they're traversing the Hivan ocean!

(Disclaimer: If you want to be an antagonist, please PM me either through discord or the site. DO NOT post their profile in this thread, as we want to keep their identities secret. Also, it is encouraged that you make a new character if you want to be an antagonist, as this island is not known to anyone but the inhabitants. We will discuss lore through PM.)

Protagonists
- Mythica Soulscar A young and skillful pirate captain! She sails the Seraph's Requiem, her flagship.

- Silver C. A bandit running from her past! What she's running into is probably worse then what she's trying to get away from though.

Antagonists
- To be revealed at a later date...

Blink

Would like to throw in Silver. She is on the boat because she is running from her past in a way... her profile is linked in my siggy. Sorry so short and whatnot typing this on my phone. ^.^

majortom

Would like to throw Arthren into the mix. He's a sailor, so just another job for him. I don't have a link on my signature. So...    http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=21903.new#new

Gawfy

If you dont mind, I would like to add Gawfy.
Running away from the events that Occurred at the misty valley I feel this would be a good thread to experiment with the new direction im taking Him.
Gawfy would be on the Boat to Deal to with his Problems with Rage.
Link in signature.  ;D

Codex

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Quote from: Legit Violet on December 09, 2016, 07:08:10 PM

OPEN TO ALL
Neato burrito, I can throw in Griselda if you'd like. A morally bankrupt character in an ensemble cast is always fun! She'd probably be on the boat to run some kind of "errand" for the mob boss she works for. Maybe she brought some concrete shoes on the boat with her or something, I dunno. She definitely wouldn't be up to anything good.

She can't talk though, I hope that's not an issue for anybody here. I really want to see if I have the writing chops to make a compelling character without writing any dialog or including an internal monologue, so if Griselda tags along my writing will be way more experimental than usual.

joylss

Can I add my character: Nasrin? A doctor/practitioner with both physical and magical healing knowledge. He is on a a trip to meet with a merchant on the destination land, bringing along nothing with him but his usual medical box.

Salzem

I'd like to throw in my dragon-vampire Aeizith, trying to stay on the move and never stay in one place too long. This is his first real adventuring trip.

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=21396.msg324443#msg324443

ValamLym

I'd like to throw in my duo Gweyr and K'laxicx they travel frequently and will no sail the sea with large ships(since big spider) often, they can basically show up anywhere.

Codex

Sorry for the slowness of this thread, but I have seen all of your characters and approved of all of them. (Excuse the limit because we do have a few extra antagonists.) With that being said, you will all be added to the roster when I can get to my computer xD (Phone sucks.) But yeah, I have not abandoned ya'll!

joylss

Yaaaay 😄 @Legit Violet
However I have to confess I would not be very active during week days, as Im currently in critical weeks in college. I will be posting more often on weekends, and since this is a group thread, I will prioritize it over others. If this sounds alright with you.

Whim

Whoops! I know we corresponded via PM about all this. Posting here so I am not forgotten!
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Quote from: Legit Violet on December 20, 2016, 07:16:03 AM
Sorry for the slowness of this thread, but I have seen all of your characters and approved of all of them. (Excuse the limit because we do have a few extra antagonists.) With that being said, you will all be added to the roster when I can get to my computer xD (Phone sucks.) But yeah, I have not abandoned ya'll!

Lol, I literally only just saw this today. I was worried you'd died or something. Anyway, good to hear.

Codex

Alright ye bucaneers! Brace! We'll be starting as soon as everyone joins our here discord thread and I can put all of your chars on the roster!

JOINJOINJOIN: https://discord.gg/qjqWCVM

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Coolio, I can pop in tonight after work.

Medievarad

Who else here but our magical captain flint?

He's required here. With the Juggernaut, ofcourse.

Codex

Iridescent

I'm considering throwing in Adrian; he is a rather pacifistic mage with a lot of curiosity in him. He could be on an expedition by boat and thus get stranded on the island.
The reason I'm hesitating is; he is no fighter, meaning that without the ability to use his magic, he won't be overly useful to the group, aside from some basic survival skills, and I'm worried he might just be kind of dangling from the side a little. The only thing that could make him useful to the rest is that he is a scholar and thus very knowledgable on many types of magic, artifacts and creatures.
What do you think, Violet? Is this a character you think could still work in your plot, or not?