Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Their corpses shall make our banners! [M] [Darkened skies]

Started by Medievarad, November 01, 2016, 04:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

How long had they waited? How long had Harmaa been waiting and gathering for their mistress to return? How many relics did the Vanguard personally gather, in hopes toto secure them and present them to the queen?

But at last. Two weeks ago, it had happened. An influx of void energy. It was far off, but it was massive. Massive enough for Limadan to feel it throbbing through the veins that were filled with corruption. He was a void creature, one of the most powerful at that. Only one he knew succeeded him. The lady of grey. And it was her return they anticipated. So only one being he knew off could generate such power.

It was none other than their queen. Her return had happened. Their village was razed to the ground after the followers mobilised and started their trek towards the signature of power, leaving a trail of death and destruction in their wake.

As they reached the snowy tops of the Thunderblacks, Limadan raised his hand and bellowed for his company to halt. Only his elite warriors would follow him to the top. The others set up camp, most dragons that had curiously gathered were too afraid to attack. The ones that looked at Limadan with their arcane eye knew it was better not to anger this beast of a man and his soldiers, who bore bloody corpses pierced on long lances and held them high as some kind of flag, before posting them down and setting up their encampment.

Yet, there were always those who felt the need to fight back against something that completely dominated. A large dragon swooped down infront of him and the fifteen he considered Harmaa's finest. He didn't even want to waste his time or power on a being as foolish as this and charged forward, tearing through the scales like they were nothing andto ripping out the heart, along with several other choice organs. A soft snarl resounded as black and dark green chains with similarily coloured energy wrapped around the drake, tearing out its soul in one go.

The warriors proceeded their way to Demonpeak, the display of power earlier had all dragons present on guard. Yet, at the same time, terrified of this monstrosity.

As Limadan reached the top, a blizzard howling loudly and tearing at his robes, he raised his arms. "My queen!" His voice thundered across the thunderblacks, the blizzard silenced by the sound. "You have returned to us!"

Magyar

Hvit stared in disapproval at the shouting bipedal maniac. His flair for the dramatic, while stunning and thoroughly entertaining, was perhaps unnecessary; The death of one of his kin was never something he enjoyed, despite the stupidity of said kin.

He had been flying high above the ranks of Harmaa, much as he had been since Ketra, and though his flight was concealed from the senses of man, all the other draconic beings below were just as aware of him as he was of them. Tipping into a nosedive, Hvit sped as quickly as gravity allowed, and then some thanks to the added boost of his wings. About twenty metres from the ground he pulled up, beating his wings furiously against the biting winds and kicking up enough snow to conceal his appearance. When finally the snow settled, it seemed as if out of the blizzard a white behemoth had been summoned onto the mountain, dwarfing most other drakes, with the exception of a few choice specimens.

He took his place next to Limadan, and let loose a roar that reverberated the very stone they stood upon, deafeningly loud, and echoing off of the peaks of mountains miles away. That was a draconic tradition, to command respect through the ferocity of your roar. He was a proper Wyrm, and this was his domain. He was a king among kings, and let none forget that. Some upstart Voidling wasn't about to upstage him; If he was going to make an impression on this Grey Lady, he was going to do it right.

Codex

The wind and snow continued to swirl at the summit of Demonpeak... Even as the two beings made their way atop the cursed mountain to confront the terror of the Void... For a few moments after the two arrived... Nothing. Nothing but the howling wind... But then something happened. The wind and snow began to die down slightly... And it changed. The roaring white wind slowly turned dark. Into a black mist as the snow was replaced by purple flakes which upon closer inspection could be seen burning with purple fire! The area grew dim... And quiet... Until finally, the echo of a loud animalistic growl reverberated across the rocks.

A deep shadow formed in the distant black mist, and it was giant. But it wasn't the only one. All around there this shadow could be seen, snaking across the rocks. The wind had completely stopped, and there was no sound. It was as if something had silenced the earth around the peak. No... The only whisper of noise came from the shifting of the rocks as something BIG was causing them to do so...

Finally... A voice bellowed through the smaug. "YOU CONFRONT ME... ONE WHO WOULD TAKE ON THE FORM OF A MONGREL, AND THE OTHER A DISTANT MEMBER OF MY KIN..." The loud sound of a large dragon drawing breath could be heard, followed by another growl that echoed around the peaks. "YOU COME TO CALL ME YOUR QUEEN, BUT I SENSE THIS WHITE DRACONIC HAS YET TO REALIZE... HE IS SO QUICK TO SHOW OFF HIS MIGHT ON MY MOUNTAIN!" The voice growled... Finally, Nevira revealed herself. Stepping out of the fog, with gigantic tattered wings, she stared down at the two beings. Her eyes gleaming with void energy as her pupils were focused on them. The black monster leaned her long head downwards to get to a closer level.

"YOU CLAIM I AM YOUR RULER, AND YET I HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED ANYONE WITH YOUR... VOID ENERGY BEFORE..." She hissed, staring at Harmaa. Her eye was nearly twice his size as it casted a pink glow on the surrounding area. "AND YOUR FRIEND ALSO FLEW HERE TO SPEAK WITH THE VOIDWYRM..." She turned her attention to the white dragon, eyeing him carefully... "SPEAK NOW... WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE TO APPROACH ME? I HAVE SPENT AN ETERNITY WAITING ALREADY, I AM NOT KEEN TO CONTINUE THAT TREND ON THESE GROUNDS." She growled...

Magyar

Hvittraak felt the presence of the great drake before he heard her. In fact, it was probably the mass of other dragons that had obscured it in the first place, with her immense size and obvious void aura. This 'Grey Lady' was nearly twice his size, which was no small feat, Hvit himself being the height of a three story building and thrice as long. But despite the ravings of Limadan, she was no 'Grey Lady', at least not to Hvittraak. No, he knew her name...

"Nevira," he muttered to himself, although because of his voice it was still quite audible. He then lowered his forelegs and spread out his wings far past his head, and surrendered his back to the great dragon. "So the whisperings are true. You have returned." Rising from his bow, he steeled himself to Nevira, and continued, "Why do bipeds attack the nests of hatchlings in your name, Great One?! Why use bipeds at all? If we wish to free our brethren, who better to free them than ourselves?" He struggled to keep his tone in check, but pressed on, "And who has set you free from your prison? Have they coerced you into serving them through some underhanded scheme? Is that why this... thing" he flicked his tail in the direction of Limadan, "Worships you as a goddess? If not, why then do you allow them to continue existing?!"

Medievarad

Limadan was not one the bow. Not even to his queen. Hisvloyality was udndying. He needn't trivialities to prove his point.

Bowing to someone else was admitting weakness. And weakness was thevmost inexcusable. No, Limadan stood his ground. His void eçergy, flaring violently. And even if his size was small compared to gargantuan beings such as Hvit or Nevira, the sheer energy he released from hishis being, was enough to poison the lands, make life itself wither wherever he trod.

He was not some voidling. Through normal eyes, he was small. Seen or sensed through arcane forces, he could almost be compared to Nevira. She was obviously stronger. But the Vanguard was a close second nonetheless.

He glanced at the white wyrm next to him, considering both Nevira açd Hvittraak's words, before he took a deep breath. The tail that was flicked at him only caught by his bare hand. The package was small, but his strength was colossal. And Hvit may've felt the void energy biting in his tail.

"Hold your tongue," he bellowed. "Or I will tear it out!" That was dealt with. None were mightier than his queen. And while bowing was a signsoft of weakness. An attempt toto establish dominance was sheer insolence.

He turned his attention to Nevira again, pulling off the metal facemask and throwing the plate into the snow. His face was half consumed by the corruption, his eyes a deep green on pitch black, veins throbbing with the corruption, which crept down his neck. A soft grin revealed itself, sharp, large fangs revealing itself. "You cannot be any other than the lady of grey! None hold the power of the void she does!" He raised his hand, the void itself shifted inis his palm. Loud and, antagonised screams and wallows resounded as thousands and thousands of shadow manifests slowly appeared, throbbing with the same deep green his corruption did. "All these souls! All this time, I have built your army!"

Magyar

Piamuen watched the exchange from within Harmaa, her eyes dark and shadowed. This great beast was no dragon. She was a puppet. The void had put strings on her and was dancing her around in circles for the entertainment of it's own endlessness. And Limadan, he was so close to giving in. The energy flowed through him, only his mortal shell keeping the power stored within from dispersing violently. If that happened, well, who knows what could occur. All of these little wyrms would be like Nevira, if perhaps not as potent. But, it would be beautiful. Oh, so beautiful. As for now, though, she would wait, and perhaps speak to Nevira in relative privacy. She had felt her presence for miles, drawing her in like a whirlpool draws in fish. A puppet, yes, but also a conduit. The snow itself could attest to the fact that she was leaking alien energy into this world. Some would say it was tainting it. Piamuen would say that it was improving it. She shrunk back into Harmaa, and observed.

Codex

The Voidwyrm simply snorted, letting black smoke billow out of her nostrils at the two beings that laid in front of her. She turned her attention to the white dragon, and stared at him with the fierce intensity of the void flashing through her eyes. What on earth was he talking about? Nevira had never sent anyone to raid the nests of dragons. This was troubling, but also helpful. Had her influence already spread that people she didn't even know about were trying to help further her cause? Nevira would would lean downwards to the white drake. "I DID NOT INTEND THEIR SERVICES... THEY HAVE GONE OUT OF THEIR OWN WILL TO SERVE ME. SOON ALL OF ADELA WILL DO THE SAME." She growled Turning over to Limadan she eyed him carefully as he tore off his mask and threw it into the snow before her feet. By now, Nevira's long tail could be seen snaking around the rocks, surrounding both of them as she leaned upwards again, towering over the two, listening to Limadan.

She could feel the power he had... It was immense. The void had molded him just as it did her... And she couldn't deny his claims. Nevira knew the power she wielded was the strongest anyone had concerning the void. The "Lady of the Grey" had become her title to this being, as it was passed down from the previous ruler to her. Nevira had been corrupted and transformed to serve this purpose. The void was hers to control, and now she remembered the previous Lady of the Grey. Purple flames flashed from her nostrils as Nevira stared at the ghostly army around them. "LIMADAN... YOUR SERVICES ARE MUCH APPRECIATED, BUT ADELA STILL BELONGS TO THE DRAGONS. AND THE DRAGONS WILL TAKE IT BACK." She growled, leaning closer to him. "I HAVE NO NEED FOR AN ARMY OF VOIDLINGS. THE DRAKES OF ADELA WILL SERVE THEIR PURPOSE." She said, snaking her long head around before turning back to the other dragon. "AND YOU... WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL? YOU CAME TO ME DIRECTLY, WHEN YOU COULD CLEARLY SENSE MY ARMY OF LOYAL FOLLOWERS..."

Medievarad

Limadan answered with nod. "Mayhaps," he called out, voice easily piercing the blizzard as his aura kept pulsating. "But after Adela?!" His face contorted into a twisted grin. "My lady! After Adela is the world! To return it to the void!" He threw his arms up. "Your promised army is ready to lay ruin to all! We shall sit by your side as these infidels become your slaves for eternity!"

He bared his teeth, eyes widening. "You have returned to us! The time has finally come, mistress!"

Magyar

"After Adela?" Hvittraak boomed, "Then we claim the remaining Terrans! They were our home first! Your void can wait. It has waited before, and can do so some more! And it would be wise of you not to threaten a drake who was ancient even millennia before your birth, little man."

Hvit shuffled his wings, well aware of the constricting tail coiling slowly around them. He was nervous, and that was not normal. No one made him nervous, but now he had reason. He did not say anything further, deigning simply to wait.

Piamuen decided to introduce herself, however, for further notice. She snaked out of Harmaa, and under the great black tail of Nevira, to behind Limadan. Her hand crept up onto his shoulder and her other hand wrapped around under his ribs, her head just poking up behind his shoulder. Her voice was small next to the booming roars of the men beside her, but it slithered through the howl of the winds, "Hello Voidwyrm. Impressive entrance."

Codex

Nevira would say nothing, but would simply stare Limadan down with her bright gaze, until the dragon spoke. She snorted. "AND IT WOULD BE WISE TO NOT THREATEN A SERVANT OF NEVIRA IN HER PRESENCE." She growled at the dragon, warning him not to push his luck. "AFTER ADELA HAS BEEN RECLAIMED BY THE DRAGONS, ONLY THEN WILL I EXTEND MY LOOK TO THE REST OF THIS WORLD. BUT TRUST ME, MY VOID WILL HAVE AN INFLUENCE BY THE END." She fell silent for a moment, before speaking once again.

"HOWEVER... I HAVE SENSED ANOTHER FORM AT WORK... I HAVE BEEN SHOWN THE MANY ENEMIES THAT WILL REQUIRE TO BE DEALT WITH BEFORE THIS CONQUEST'S END... AND I WILL REQUIRE THE LOYALTY OF THE OTHER GUARDIANS..." She said, suddenly remembering that a dragon she did not know was in her presence. She shifted the subject, careful not too reveal her entire plan to this newcomer. "I WAS VISITED BY ANOTHER ON THIS VERY PEAK ONLY A FEW DAYS PRIOR... ONE CLAIMING TO BE THE FIRST FLAME... I SENSE THIS WAR WILL BE MORE DIFFICULT THEN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT, BUT NO MATTER. THEIR IS NO LIVING DESCENDANT OF THE ONE WHO DEFEATED ME A MILLENIA PRIOR... IT WILL ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME..." She growled. Of course, Nevira was unaware that wasn't the truth... For there was one being still in Adela who held that potential.

Her focus was shifted to Limadan again however, as a new form showed itself. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of this ghostly woman. Another voidling. "YET ANOTHER REVEALS THEMSELVES TO ME... AND WHAT WOULD YOUR PURPOSE BE?" Her tail shifting on the rocks.

Magyar

"My purpose?" Piamuen answered, a wry smile playing on her lips, "To listen, and to observe, mistress. I wish a private audience, perhaps at a later time, if thee so wishes to entertain my desires."

Hvittraak snorted, not only at the voidling, but also at Nevira's threat. He would take her seriously, but Limadan he viewed as weak. Powerful, yes, but if your entire purpose was to serve another, then what kind of power did you truly have? After all, a man chooses, a slave obeys. The little voidling girl did capture his attention however, as he hadn't noticed her before. Bold one, she was. He noted her for later, and resumed his attention to Nevira.

Medievarad

"Threaten?!" His voice boomed, followed by a rather affronted 'pfah'. "Hold your tongue, dragon, or I will tear it out and choke you with it. You know naught of my age or my birth." A soft grin appeared on his face. "So, if you do not act careful, infidel, I will make sure you'll never meet your maker and serve the Queen regardless." Hvittraak, to the Vanguard, was living on borrowed time. He had tolerated the dragon. He had tolerated the presence of this being in the presence of the queen.

And while he might be weak in Hvittraak's eyes for being a pious man from choice, he still was colossal in terms of power. No matter what mindset, he could still crush Hvittraak if he chose to.

At that moment, he felt Piamuen creeping up and leaning on him. Like she always did. He glanced over his shoulder momentarily, before back at Nevira.

When Piamuen was done speaking, Limadan took a deep breath, raising his hand. "There are.. Matters I wish to point out, my queen," he started while a dim, deep green light played in his hand. "Firstly, your wish. I can yield the souls I have gathered for you to your command, or I can lead them."

He snorted softly. "Secondly. Harmaa itself. Our living army. The servants who decided to persue you in life have set up camp somewhere lower on the ridge. They are all ready to lose their corporeal form and enter the void to serve you, but they can also remain fighting when they are alive. It is your choice what happens with their lives."

He clenched his fist shut and pressed it against his chest. "And thirdly. Myself. I wish to be released of my mortal coil. I am certain this body is only in my way."

Codex

The voidwyrm would stand tall and silent as Limadan and the other drake conversed in their meanigless squabble to display their power to one another. She simply waited for their trivial matter to end before Nevira turned her attention to the ghost like woman. She apparently wanted a private discussion with the grey lady, and Nevira would simply shift her tail more and peer into this woman's being. "MANY DO IT WOULD SEEM, SO ENTERTAIN MY REQUEST FIRST. WHAT MATTERS OF YOURS CONCERN ME?" She growled peering down at her.

Limadan's request came at a surprise however, she was not expecting this action from his. It was true she could sense that the mortal form he was in was nothing more then a cage for his being. It was cutting him off from his true potential. But by how much was the question she pondered. Nevira could easily grant his request, and give him a new body. But why exactly would she do that? He had yet to prove his worth. So Nevira would test him.

"LIMADAN... YOUR BODY IS A CAGE, BUT THE KEY TO END YOUR CAPTIVITY LIES WITH MY ENEMY... ALREADY THE NEWS OF MY RETURN HAS SPREAD AMONG THE DRAGONS OF ADELA. HOWEVER NOT ALL ARE WISE ENOUGH TO VALUE MY POWER AS MUCH AS YOU. ONE NEST SPECIFICALLY WISHES TO END MY CONQUEST BEFORE IT BEGINS."  She hissed. Leaning down to his level, her voice carried a deep empty feeling. An aura that enveloped all with absence and nothingness as she spoke. Hatred lining her tongue. "A DRAGON OF SUPERIOR STRENGTH THEN MOST HAS RETURNED TO ADELA WITH THE INTENTION OF HALTING MY PLANS... ONE I CALLED BROTHER BEFORE HE FOOLISHLY TURNED HIS TAIL AND HELPED THE HUMANS SEAL ME INTO THE VOID..."

She let the empty feeling hang for a moment before speaking the vile name of her enemy. "XENIN THE SKYWYRM IS BACK... BRING ME HIS SOULS, AND YOURS SHALL BE FREE." She knew this was no easy task, not even for Limadan. As Xenin was one of the five ancient guardians of Adela, just like Nevira was. He swore to stop her in the past, so she knew there would be no way to turn him to her side... 

Medievarad

Limadan inclined his head and raised the corrupted fist to thud against his chest. "Your will shall be done, my lady," he answered. "I will leave your armies and your worshippers in the care of my most trusted, they will remain here. I shall tear the soul of this unbeliever out. And you will feel the echo through the void."

He grinned like the madman he was. "And his allies shall be broken and discouraged by his defeat."

At that, he stepped back, sprouting massive wings of what could only be described as molten souls, writhing, pleading and moaning in terror and anguish. "And I shall return with his head."

Magyar

"Make it quick," Piamuen snarled softly, scrunching her nose up at his wings. The screams and appearance were too showy for her. Minimalism was more her style.

"So, voidwyrm, shall we speak?" She diverted her attention back to Nevira, and padded over to the great dragon's foreleg. Where her feet fell she left smouldering prints in the snow, and oil dripped from her toes and heels. With every step, she grew in stature, her proportional physique remaining the same but her height skyrocketing. Each step grew longer until she came to Nevira's foreclaw, half the height of the great drake's front leg and still enlarging. She laid a hand on the dark iridescent scales, sliding a hand up until she touched the Wyrm's shoulder. When she grasped the dragon's shoulder blade, she pulled herself up, weighing no more than she did in human size, but also too began to shrink, eventually assuming her original form, but now standing in the hollow between Nevira's monstrous wings.

"This form is a grand one, Voidwyrm," she cooed, voice soft and gentle. She dropped to a whisper as she climbed Nevira's neck spines, "but a form more... subtle, could suit certain aspects of conquest better, I should think. Dos't thee possess the ability to shift between shapes?"

Codex

Nevira would not move as the Heretic King vowed to fulfill her will. She would simply stare at the void being with her bright pink gaze until he left the scene... With Limadan gone, that only left two people. The Voidwyrm would tilt her head to the void wraith before her, and listen silently as she spoke. Her tail shifted through the snow as the ghost woman would observe the great drake's body. Until she appeared on the dragon's wings. And then asked a very strange question. Could Nevira change between dragon and human? Did she even need to answer that question? If this ghost had any idea who Nevira was, she'd know that the Voidwyrm despised all of humanity. Why would she ever lower herself to their level? Especially on purpose? In front of her followers who she swore to destroy the humans and all of their relatives in a single, swift strike.

Nevira would only respond to her question with a low growl... "I HAVE NEVER NEEDED TO CURSE MYSELF WITH THAT WRETCHED POWER..." Her neck spines shifted with anger as she said those words, her tail scraping against the rocks as well. "THE POWER TO SHIFT SHAPES IS FOR LESSER DRAGONS WHO KNOW NOTHING OF TRUE STRENGTH. WHY WOULD I EVER NEED TO LOWER MYSELF TO THE LEVEL OF THOSE MONGRELS?"

Magyar

"Lower, Voidwyrm?" Piamuen laughed, her voice ringing through the howl like a bell, but one slightly off note, "That is the wrong kind of thinking!"

Piamuen continued to climb, ignoring the spines twisting and jittering under her, and still whispered into the ear of the Voidwyrm, "Thinking is the heart of strategy, my queen, and strategy is the true decider of war. Even monumentous strength can be thwarted by underhanded intelligence... Or to rephrase, let us compare'st this to a hunt. Think of a lion, or a python, or even a dragon. They are predators, apex in their lands, the highest of the high. All of these are also mighty in strength and size to their prey, usually much larger and much more dangerous in brute strength. After all, what boar would want to face a lion head on, or what man a dragon?"

She spoke, and as she did she reached Nevira's dome, the top of her skull. Weaving through her giant horns, still she said, "And what rat, a python? But see, how do these great predators hunt? Do they throw themselves directly towards their prey, using their might to crush them? No! For an animal afraid will fight ten times harder than an animal that hasn't even expected an attack! The lion waits in the grass, the python in the trees, and the dragon in the either the depths of the mountains or their peaks. Only when the time is right, and it is far too late for their prey to escape their deaths do they pounce. And then, it is over before it has begun. The rat, the boar," here she paused, and cast a hand out towards the valley that lay below the mountain, "the man, their throats are bared and they are blind to the danger they are in."

Now she sat on Nevira's brow, just above her eyes, crosslegged, "That is but an analogy for the defeat you will bring upon these kingdoms of men. Ram their gates and pronounce yourself to them, and they will grow afraid, yes. No doubt you can destroy them, after a time. But work your way into their capitals, into their veins and into their minds. Have your many teeth and claws," she gestured out to the crowd of dragons before them, "act as many hands with the same goal. One cannot defend from an enemy that resides within, Voidwyrm. One can heal a wound dealt from another, but when you eviscerate your enemy when they least expect it, with their own knife, they are powerless to stop you. Do not simply burn and crush your foes. Have them crush themselves!"

Codex

The dragon hissed as her long purple tongue snaked out of her maw and licked her scaled lips as the ghost climbed her body. She said nothing, but listened to her words as a low animalistic growl echoed from the dragon's body. Her large pink eyes staring intently ahead. As the woman began to explain her reasoning behind such a question, Nevira would understand why she was concerned. Many of her words held truth, but Nevira knew this already.

"WHAT HOPE COULD A RAT POSSIBLY HAVE IF THE PYTHON IS ALREADY STRANGLING IT?" She questioned. It was obvious the question wasn't meant to be answered before Nevira spoke again. "MY INFLUENCE EXPANDS FAR BEYOND MY OWN ACTIONS ALREADY." she said, referencing the many non dragons who had already begun to assist Nevira in her coming plans. "IF I WOULD EVEN NEED TO SHIFT BETWEEN MY ORIGINAL, AND THAT OF A LESSER BEING, IT WOULD NEVER BE A HUMAN." With that, the dragon would shift her head downwards and snake it around the white drake who had been awfully quiet since the void wraith's appearance. "I SENSE HOWEVER MY VIEWS ARE NOT POPULAR AMONG MANY OF MY KIN... PERHAPS A SHOW OF DEDICATION TO MY SPECIES COULD BE DONE." She said, eyeing him carefully, obviously knowing that this dragon had the power to shift between Drake and human. "MY ALLY MAY HAVE THE POWER TO REPRESENT THIS CURSE... IF NOT, THE VOID WILL PROVIDE..."  She growled.

"DON'T THINK ME NAIVE WRAITH... I KNOW YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO GAIN FROM COMING HERE, AND SPEAKING TO ME... SO SPIT IT OUT. PLANTING AN IDEA IN MY HEAD ISN'T ALL YOU HOPE TO ACHIEVE IS IT?" In this line of work, Nevira knew people always had something to gain. Rarely would anyone go out of their way to help the dragon without being told too... So she already knew some unclear motive was hidden.

Magyar

"What I have to gain is nothing, Voidwyrm. Nothing that has before or ever will concern thee, at least." Piamuen said, "Besides, we share a common allegiance to the void, You and I. And what is allegiance, if not enforced by acts of assistance when the time comes, hmm?"

Hvittraak stayed as silent as he had since the girl had shown herself from behind Limadan. Hvit hadn't actually known she was travelling with them until today, but now he listened intently to her words, and only when Nevira began to study him more closely did he snap back to attention.

"Perhaps," he said, the rumbling thoom of his voice oddly contrasted to the louder but still higher and lighter voices of the females, "Take the form of yourself, Voidwyrm, as the bipeds would imagine you if you were one of their own. Myself, for instance..."

Hvittraak's eyes rolled quickly back into his head before his eyelids clacked shut with a snickt. His snout began to shorten and his spine reduced, almost telescoping in on itself, and his legs seemed to crack into a great many pieces, and collapse in, before taking new shapes, and shifting under the scaled hide that now looked very unlike anything that should be living. His heigh and length had greatly reduced, his tail missing entirely, and his facial structure was elven but also very draconic. His eyes and lips were unmistakeably so as well, and close scrutiny of his skin showed that they were actually very finely scaled. He was no dragon, that was for sure, but no one would ever suspect him a human, or elf, and that too was in thanks to his great height even among bipeds, and his giant leathery wings. In this form, he actually resembled draconian hybrids more than anything else.

"Perhaps a similar shape would suit your interests?" Hvit asked, arching an eyebrow. That was one thing he truly enjoyed about having humanoid form. Eyebrows.

Codex

Nevira would eye the wraith carefully, her gaze full of suspicion. But now the white dragon began to speak as well. Her gaze would change to him, watching him slowly without movement as his body began to change. Her nostrils flared with purple light as the new being in front of her looked more like a mix between Draconian and human. "AN IMPRESSIVE FORM, BUT UNDOUBTEDLY WEAKER THEN YOUR TRUE SELF DRAKE." She'd say finally, letting her words carry in the silence. Before observing him closely, his question hung without a response for a few moments. Finally, the black beast lifted her head to stare down at the now much smaller being in front of her.

"NO... MY FORM WOULD TAKE ON A MUCH DIFFERENT APPEARANCE... BUT THAT WILL BE LEFT TO MY ALLY." She growled, her grey wings shifted on her back a moment before turning her attention back to the ghostly woman. "IF YOU WISH TO SERVE THE VOID, THEN YOU WILL ASSIST MY ALLIES AND UNDERMINE MY ENEMIES... BUT MOST OF ALL, MY RETURN MUST BE KEPT A SECRET FROM THE POPULACE OF HUMANS... AFTER ALL, I'D HATE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO SPOIL THE SURPRISE..."