Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Makings of a Crew [Closed for Now]

Started by Incognus, November 15, 2016, 01:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

"This wouldn'ta been my first buccaneer crew," Eli piped in, "But I don't fancy it on bein' my last either Miss Vayne. I've no problem sailing under authority, mind ye, it's jus' that I don't want any contractual obligation, yeah?"

He gestured ineffectively as he spoke, waving his hand at nothing. He wasn't one for rigid systems, even on his own vessel, and so the freedom to come and go was one he highly valued even if he rarely took advantage of it.

ValamLym

Kirsten simply crossed her arms, raising a brow at Eli's little rant. To her, it meant next to nothing, if he pissed her off he'd learn that he too meant nothing. Turning her attention back to Naomi she simply placed her hands on her hips, listening to her with at-least some signs of interest. She didn't care if she was hired to overthrow the Connoloathian empire, all she cared was that it paid. Mutiny was new to her though, having of-course never been much of a sailor, for less obvious reasons then the people here might think.

''I might be a trouble maker, but I do not break a contract without good reason. Keep shoving money my way and you wont have to worry about me disobeying.'' she shrugged, picking between her fangs with a finger ''That is very literal though, I listen to you'' she nudged her head, as if that would help make her point.

She peeked past them and at the boy, it seemed somewhat strange to her that he was kept out, but she realized quickly after that such a thing was probably because Naomi did not think he was trustworthy, she didn't see a threat in him, but opted to simply adhere to Naomi's wishes and not try to include him, in the end it would be her call.

''So.. my only question is; when?''

Incognus

"If ye wanna leave next time we take port. So be it. But as long as yer on me vessel you'll obey the contract I set forth. An if this all goes accordin ta plan, we's gonna be gettin rich out on them waters." Naomi turned to the Neko. "That be good, I respect that. And as fer the time we move once she sets sail. Jus wait fer my signal."

The pirate leaned against a cargo box and winced silently. Pain in her side wound was assaulting her again. She really needed to get it patched up. "An what say ye?" Naomi asked, nodding to the Draconian. He had stayed silent and watched the conversation this far. As if he were calculating. He seemed smart, planned things out instead of jumping right in. That made her think he might be a good navigator. Someone who could analyze the trade traffic and plan the most profitable routes would be essential to her crew. She hoped he was in.

JackieCat

The draconian said nothing until he was asked, after all, what was the point of interjecting into a conversation that could just make him more enimies?

"Same as the cat," Revvil answered after the woman spoke. "I'm in it for the money, so I'm in."

His eyes flicked to the wound in her side.  Despite the darkness of the hold, he could clearly see the wound and smell her blood.  "You'd better get that cleaned up," he hissed.  "I'd much rather have ye' as my captain than as my dinner."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Kalak8538

The boy watched intently from his seat amongst the cargo. He was silent, trying to hear what he could amongst the mostly hushed chatter. It was not much.
The boy knew that the woman did not want him aboard, and she was definitely the one in charge. He needed to remain on this ship. It was his only way off the island.

The mask changed, driven by desperation. What was needed now was the stealth of the cat...

He waited for the perfect moment, the moment where all attention was away from him. Once he saw his chance, the boy slowly rolled off the crate in which he was sitting. Using the black riding hood to meld in with the darkness, he swiftly and silently disappeared amongst the crates and barrels of the hold.

Magyar

"Speakin' of," Eli said, pointing a leathery finger at Revvil, "How much is ye gonna be eatin', cuz if yer like the last Draconian I knew, ye'd be eatin' twice, if not thrice the standard ration. That's something ye'll ta be takin' into account, Miss Vayne. And that boy..." Eli turned around, and furrowed his brow in confusion, "Where'd 'e get off to? Any a yous seen the slippery little lad? Faster than a rat bein' chased by a cat, that one."

He shot a sarcastic grin Kirtsen's way, "Implyin' nothin' by that, jus' so ye know."