Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Verdant Dreamer (Closed)

Started by CyclicalCycal, November 25, 2016, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

Cara slowly padded into the forest, finally entering into the shade of trees. She'd been travelling for so long, it felt great to finally be in the forests again. Already, even, she could feel the cool embrace of the green. Already, even, she could feel the presence of a power greater than her's. Hidden deeper, within the forest. Sleeping. Waiting. Dreaming.

Her journey was not yet over. There was much to be done.

Cara looked to Rin, as she lead her into the forest. "F-Father's deeper within the forest. He was here last time I was, and he was dreaming. H-hopefully he'll be awake now." She said, a smile creeping across her face. Cara continued smiling, as she marched deeper into the verdant land, hunting for the grove, the last place she and her father had met.

"B-be careful, though...I-he doesn't...he doesn't like outsiders...says they're going to hurt the trees..."

Medievarad

Rin pushed aside a stray branch, her other hand resting onof the. Hilt of one of her katana. The journey was indeed long. Though it wasn't too dangerous. Luckily, she didn't want to Cara to be scarred by fighting, or even worse, death.

She nodded softly at Cara as she piped up. "That's good," she answered. "Let us hope he is awake," she smiled softly. "I will be careful. I mean no harm to the trees here."

CyclicalCycal

"I know. I don't think he knows that." Cara explained, pushing through some undergrowth. "Just don't let any of the things see you, or you'll die!" She chirped out, evidently not at all worried for her own safety. Cara, of course, continued forwards, paying this statement no heed at all. It was entirely normal, she thought, as she ducked under a branch or two, pushing shrubbery out of the way, slowing down rather significantly as she fought with the foliage.

Medievarad

"What things?" Rin asked, her grip slowly tightening on the hilt of her still sheathed blade. "And will they kill me?" She asked with a soft frown. That was entirely new information. And the girl seemed awfully calm about this.

CyclicalCycal

"Uhh...you know animals?" Cara asked. She swiftly moved on, not giving Rin a chance to speak. "Well it's like them! But made of wood! Father makes them to protect stuff. They only recognise me and him...but I can get them to stop! Probably." She explained, clambering on top of a fallen log and surveying the area.

Medievarad

"I do know animals," Rin answered with a soft chuckle, easily pursuing Cara through the path she made. "Probably? That's assuring," she answered with a soft shigh. She still had protective seals and barriers if need be, but she'd rather not waste them.

She glanced at Cara as she made her way ontop of a log. "Seeing anything?"

CyclicalCycal

"No." Considering Cara was barely taller than Rin, even while standing up on that, it was no surprise she couldn't see anything more. Cara paused, ears flicking, as she glanced over to a small bunch of shrubbery. "..."

She hopped down and moved to continue deeper into the woods, ignoring...whatever had drawn her attention.

Medievarad

Rin followed Cara's glance to the bush, wanting to investigate. Yet Cara decided to press on, so she rather followed the child, who clearly knew the area better than her. "Alright," she answered, glancing around.

CyclicalCycal

As Rin looked about, she could see the undergrowth moving. Shifting. Twitching. There was an undeniable feeling that they were being watched.

Cara didn't care. At all. Or, well, that's what it seemed like. She kept pressing forwards, single-mindedly. In fact, she began to whistle a small tune, glancing about rapidly as she did so.

Medievarad

Her hand squeezed on the hilt of her katana, but soon relaxed. She was a warrior and knew quite a bit about the arcane. Any magic thrown at her could be easily negated by her protective charms and seals. Though, it'd be best not to linger, she followed Cara closely.

CyclicalCycal

"Don't worry, Rin!" Cara exclaimed. "The thing that's following us will only kill you if you look at it in the eyes." As in on cue, burning, yearning, green eyes appeared in the undergrowth. They were watching the two. Perhaps they had been for a while now.

Medievarad

"And, what does its eyes look like exactly?" She asked, the dim lights of the creature's eyes appearing. She wanted to look at it in reflex, but managed to keep herself just from doing it, moving on the follow Cara. "What is it? That is not an animal made of wood, Cara."

CyclicalCycal

"Yes, it is! Watch!" Cara sauntered over to the undergrowth, a great intent in her eyes and her movement. She was walking straight towards one of the pairs of eyes, with apparently no regard for her own safety.

Medievarad

"I'd rather not watch, it'll kill me," she answered with a surprisingly light hearted chuckle. She did however keep her attention on Cara, ready to intervene at a moment's notice.

CyclicalCycal

Not being stopped, Cara walks straight over to the eyes, reaching into the undergrowth, waving her hands. The foliage parted, and there seemed to be...some...entity.

It was, indeed, made up of wood and tree-bark, and had two glowing green eyes piercing from the shadows. It was staring, watching, unmoving. Unblinking. It seemed to vaguely resemble a canine creature, and it acted as if Cara wasn't even there.

She turned back to Rin, wandering back. "Just-don't look at them. They're only worried about you."

Medievarad

"I see," Rin answered, making sure her gaze was averted from the creatures. She could see it from the corner of her eyes and knew it was big, no doubt, stronger than her. "I won't. Let's move on before it decides I'm trouble," she answered.

CyclicalCycal

"O-okay." Cara mumbled, going to continue her trail. "I think...only a d-day left...of walking. Until we reach...f-father. But he might not be very receptive to you. Hm...if we really hurry we could reach him...before the evening..." Cara thought out loud, weighing up the two choices that she saw, waiting for Rin to speak on her opinion.

Medievarad

"Let's meet him as fast as possible," Rin answered. No way did she fancy spending the night in such a hostile environment. "Let's just keep going," she added with a warm sort of smile.

CyclicalCycal

"Okay. Can, um, you kill some stuff...or carry me?" Cara asked as she changed her path quite significantly. "You don't have a...club, do you? Or a torch?" Nervousness was growing in her voice, as she planned.

Medievarad

"I have a sword," she answered, before raising her free hand, a smallsoft light sparking to lifethe in the palm. "And I know various spells, be it for fire or light," she answered, before stopping in her tracks andand getting toto her knees. "Well, come on then," she said with a softsoft chuckle. "You can hold on to the armour or around my neck."