Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Verdant Dreamer (Closed)

Started by CyclicalCycal, November 25, 2016, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

Cara nodded to Rin, slowly. "The word she are all...rough and sharp. Unlike stupid common." She mumbled. "Now can you say 'Cara lj nph jgvk.'?" She asked, a grin growing on her face.

Medievarad

Rin frowned slowly. "Cara lj npf-... jgvk?" She repeated a tad hesitantly. Both due to the difficulty of missing syllables and beng unsure of what the phrase meant..

CyclicalCycal

Cara grinned, goofily, wiping away the last few tears off her face. She seemed to be recovering. "No! Not np-fff...n-ph." Her grin only grew. "You-you should try again."

Medievarad

"Cara.. lj nph.. jgvk?" She tried again, frowning at the grin. "What are you having me say,?"

CyclicalCycal

"You said 'Cara is the best'. And you did it really well, for someone who only uses the soft languages." She said, grinning like a moron, looking as if she was about to burst into laughter.

Medievarad

"I see," she answered with an awkward smirk. "Good, now I can say hello and that you're in fact the best."

CyclicalCycal

"Well, I could go through every word ever but that'd take aaagggeeesss..." Cara replied. "I don't really know how to teach you the language but. But. I want to!" She proclaimed, a frown now tossing her face.

Medievarad

Rin chuckled softly. "Well, we have some time now," she answered, settling down next to the fire, taking off some of her armour.

CyclicalCycal

"Okay. Tell me words and I'll translate them?" Cara suggested. She glanced at Rin as she took off her armour. It wasn't a new sight, they had travelled together for a while, but still she visibly relaxed at the removal of the 'evil metal'.

How quaint, the child could be.

Medievarad

Rin noticed how Cara became more calm as she stripped away most of her lamellar armour and took a deep breath, starting to undo the hitches of her massive chestplate, pulling it off and resting it to the side. She pulled her buttoned cloak from the chestplate and wrapped it around her shoulders.

Her underclothing was comfortable enough, but it wasn't too warm. The fur lining in the armour made sure she wouldn't get too cold, but with that removed, well. A cold wasn't the worst illness she could catch.

"Hmm. I have no idea where to start," she pursed her lips momentarily. "Hello. My name is Rin," she started, glancing at Cara.

CyclicalCycal

"Hmm...okay. So it'd be 'Kvftr. Ua qrgm la Rin'. Because names don't get translated. Kvftr is hello as we know a-and...I well..." Cara sighed, rubbing at her eye tiredly. "C-can you say that...?" She mumbled, blinking rapidly.

Medievarad

Rin could only chuckle softly at the rather obvious exhaustion of Cara, giving her a soft smirk. "Mayhaps tomorrow," she answered, taking the backplate of her armour and pulling a bedroll from the backpack, rolling it out and nodding at it. "Sleep," she gestured with a smile.

CyclicalCycal

Cara watched Rin roll out the bedroll. She nodded, sleepily, going to crawl into it and lie down. Though the girl disliked most things of civilisation, thinking it an anathema to her, this was one thing she liked. "Goodnight, Rin..." she mumbled.

Medievarad

"Sleep well," she answered with a soft smile, taking u her position up against a tree. "I'm right here," she murmured softly, closing her eyes aswell.

CyclicalCycal

Cara drifted off to sleep, silently. She had a long day, even if it was spent unconscious from expending herself. This rest would help her greatly.

Medievarad

Rin also slipped into a rather uncomfortable sleep, wrapped up in her cloak. She fell asleep with the thought of purchasing a second bedroll. It'd save her quite some muscle and back aches.

CyclicalCycal

Cara awoke first . This was not unusual, as she stretched and rose to her feet, glancing about the area, sincerely hoping there had been no changes from when she went to sleep.

Medievarad

The only difference from when she had fallen asleep was the softly flakkering flame, that now had burned out to embers that radiated soft warmth still.

Rin was still where Cara had left her, rolled up against a tree, wrapped up in her cloak, snoring gently.

CyclicalCycal

Cara stared at Rin, blankly. It had finally come to her, an oppressive feeling that she didn't want to acknowledge. Rin was going to look after her, be her guardian. Maybe that was a good thing. Cara was ill equipped to deal with civilisation, and someone who could make sure she didn't kill anyone or cause pets to turn feral would be nice.

But Cara didn't want to let her father go. She didn't want to let him dream. She wanted to remain with him.

She continued to stare, rubbing at her working eye.

Medievarad

Rin, after a short while, woke with a yawn and a rather uncomfortable stretch, rubbing her lower back with a painful grunt. Begore she glanced at Cara, who was staring quite intensly at her.

"Cara?" She inquired with a soft frown. "Is everything alright?" She asked. Still half sleeping, the arcane warrior padded thethe ground in search of her weaponry, cracking a soft yawn.