Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

For the glory of our Queen [M]

Started by Medievarad, November 30, 2016, 10:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

M for gore. A lot of it.
Tags: @Magyar
>---------------------------<

"Why would you do this?" A simple question. But the answer was chillingly simple. Limadan glanced down at the woman, covered in the blood and shredded guts of her husband that tried to protect her desperately. The question was nothing but a hushed whisper, an act of desperation to purchase precious seconds for her own life. Who knows? In those seconds, a miracle may occur.

Yet, what she was staring at was something so vile and unholy, it seemed like their deity had left their village, in fear of this being. The Heretic King looked the part. "Because you're nothing but a stain." His harsh, snarling retort came.

Yet, in the several seconds the managed to gain, a miracle did happen. Several of the dispatched guards that weren't in the initial fighting charged him, a spear being shoved through a crack in his armour from behind, slicing through his flesh and piercing up from his chest.

Yet the giant of a man didn't move, he instead turned around, backhanding his assailant. The force was enough to send the man flying into the nearest ice wall, head splattering open due to the collision. Two others had rallied, but seemed to be rather hesitant to attack him.

This man, after all, killed nearly the entire's village's population single handedly.

Magyar

"Hmm..."

Piamuen lingered past shadows, behind the blood of fallen men. Their bodies were broken, but their souls were freshly exposed to the world above. She took a special joy in harvesting them. This Heretic King, an odd combination of words, was a demon in combat.

Not literally of course. Piamuen was literally a demon, and much less violent than this once-human. But she recognized prowess. What she was waiting for, however was opportunity. His distraction with the polearm was her opportunity, and she grasped it happily.

Traipsing out from her darkened hiding place, she placed her hands on the shoulders of the newly widowed woman, but kept her eyes on Limadan. She gently massaged her, and whispered in her ear while Limadan was turned around, "Do you wish death? Because I can ensure you will never feel his pain..." at her words she flicked a finger to the remains of the woman's husband.

"Just stand with me," she said quietly, and released the woman's shoulders, delicately stepping away.

Medievarad

The other two soldiers were immediately felled by the massive greatsword the giant brandished. But there was another presence. And he felt some of the souls disappearing from the field. An enemy? He sheathed the sword on his back and took a deep, snarling breath, before turning around. The steel mask hid his face, yet lucent, deep green eyes stared at the woman who had a bewildered look.

Then, she looked at Piamuen, the newcomer. One he didn't sense up until now. "Who are you?" He demanded the question. Expecting nothing but a proper answer.

Magyar

Piamuen curtsied, taking the thin black silk shift she wore in her fingers and bowing. She then stood straight up, the top of her head only coming to Limadan's mid-chest, but holding herself as if she were the larger of the two.

"I am The Daughter Blackflame, great warrior," She answered, voice smooth and deep, for a woman, but with an edge to it usually reserved for those of royalty. But then, she was, in a different world.

"May I ask thee the same?"

Medievarad

"I have not heard about your Blackflame," Limadan answered, lowering his hand to glance at the still petrified woman. "You were attempting to steal my quarry?" He nodded towards the woman. "And was it you who harvested the souls that belonged to my Queen?"

He let out a soft snarl. "Limadan of Harmaa, second Vanguard to the lady of grey."

Magyar

"Steal, Vanguard? Ye useth that word in accusation of a crime thou think'st I commit, rather than the service I rightfully provide." She slunk around him, placing a hand on his waist and letting it trail along as she circled the giant of a man. Her voice was silken, beauty and allure, but laced with abnormality. Like a bell that didn't ring quite right.

"These souls I claim are adopted brothers and sisters now, Limadan. Void-brethren, sons and daughters to the very lady of which thee speaks. For what is the Lady Grey but a vessel to the Void? Furthermore, what ar'st thee, but a vessel?"

Medievarad

Limadan seemed to tolerate her touches, glancing down at her with a soft, warning snarl, but it was only said snarl. He didn't make a move push her away or kill her right away. Her words intruiged him. Which in itself was a feat. "You have some semblance of knowledge," he said with a soft snarl., following the voidling's movement closely.

"Mayhaps they are." A soft sigh came from the brute. "And mayhaps, I am. Are you a servant of hers?"

Magyar

"I am a servant only if that is the thing ye wish me to be." She drawled, stepping back from Limadan, "What it is I truthfully am, is much more complex, but the details of which needn't be recited here. They serve no purpose to thee now. Know only that as you collect souls for the Lady Grey's benefit, I too collect them, for a purpose entwined enough to benefit the both of us."

Medievarad

Limadan frowned underneath the mask. "Then do explain, for what purpose other than our queen do you harvest the souls that are rightfully hers?" He glanced at his bloody gaintlet and picked a piece of gore off, flicking it aside. Considering he was covered in it, this seemed more like a bored gesture, rather than trying to clean his armour.

Magyar

Piamuen stopped circling him, and hung loosely off of his right arm.

"Let me answer thine question likewise," she said, "What, pray tell, is the Grey Lady more than anything? What is she, in essence?"

Medievarad

"The sovereign of the void," he answered with a low snarl, arm circling in an attempt to grab her collar and pick her up. He wanted to level his face with Piamuen's,  but by no means did he wish to bow. "Your ways may be benifical, but if your purpose is lacking." A soft breath left the giant. "Then why do you even attempt? And why do you seek me out? I am certain our meeting is not coincidence."

Magyar

Piamuen gasped when he wrapped his hand around her throat, and fought his grip but it was too strong. He lifted her as easily as she would lift a kitten. Cold anger flooded through her being, and she waited no longer to show herself truly to this second hand void-tainted mongrel. She was of the void, a part of it, and he was only diseased with it's effects.

Her hands tightly clamped on his gauntlet, she released the energy she'd been collecting across the corpse field, in the form of a blackened flame that dripped from her fingers, and fell parallel to the ground, as it it was drawn to Limadan. Indeed it sought something, but not he. It was the flesh and blood strewn across his armour that the fire targeted, and when it found it's mark it set alight, the flesh burning brightly and the blood erupting as if it was oil. The longer it burned the darker Piamuen's veins became, and her eyes began to glow a dark purple. Around them the corpses she had touched also alit, spontaneously it seemed, and they began to rise again, their wounds reforming in black fire. In less than a minute enough men and women to storm a fort stood around them, each pale with dark veins, and purple eyes.

Piamuen spoke, but when she did so too did the throng, and as one they intoned, "Release me, pretender! I am daughter to shadow and flame, and you are simply a piece in a puzzle far beyond your understanding. The Lady Grey is but a vessel. She gives face to the faceless, and form to the formless, that is the void. It is greater in it's glory than thee shall ever know, and I am it's kin! Release me!"

Medievarad

"Release you?" Limadan let out a soft, snorting chuckle. The fire didn't seem to phase him in the slightest, the surrounding corpses also didn't seem to impress him all that much. "Pretender? I am only doing her righteous work!"

He snorted loudly, metal chains, lit by a deep, green and unnatural light. The chains wrapped around the corpses that surrounded them and tore them back down to the ground, mowing down the entire field. "I spoke to her! You're no kin, you're but a servant! As we all are!"

Magyar

Piamuen snarled, disliking but seeing the necessity of her next task. Her hair began to catch aflame, and turn to black ash. The shadowy flame crawled up her mane and lit her scalp, charring her flesh into the same ebony flakes. It licked across her skin and burned her away, piece by piece until it consumed her flesh down to the muscle, at which point she let out a guttural scream. The sheer noise in itself didn't sound human, but then, she wasn't. It was then that the remains of her burning corpse exploded into a flurry of black flakes, and ash, like a morbid confetti canon.

The fires winked out, and no more in Limadan's hand was the lithe woman. She seemed gone, burnt away. The ash in the air blew without wind however, and reformed in many different shapes, none of them her own. They were tall and small, fat and thin, all manner of differences were between them, but none of them beautiful. All of them monstrous. They seemed a mismatched mangle of limbs and orifices, most of them, but some were blobbish and obese, others no more than skeletal, skintight wraiths clad in shadow. Together they walked toward Limadan, but did not charge him. Slither, yes, grovel, yes, even crawl before him, yes, but eventually they met at his feet, a tangle of limbs and thick black oil secreting from among their throng. There had to be at least twenty of them, if not more, the smallest only a foot high and the tallest peaking at fifteen feet. So the little ones wrapped his legs, and the big ones draped themselves over him, the fat ones lay around him, breaking the little ones' bones and eliciting screams and cries, all the while bending the legs of the tall ones. The last to join the heap was a behemoth, flabby and towering, and he leapt upon Limadan, but as soon as he struck, the black oil that was leaking from the group exploded from his swollen gut, and he, along with all the rest began to melt. The oil coalesced around Limadan's feet, just in front of him, somehow shrinking into a very small, feminine form.

She blinked, scowling, and tilted her head up to Limadan. Her eyes were bored and insolent, and in a tone ripe with resentment, she murmured, "I am kin, and yet I serve. Is that so hard to grasp, Marionette? The souls I collect all travel down the same path as those thou... liberates." At this she stood, and chin held high, said, "Speak to the Lady all ye'd wish. But know that thee, Limadan, were once a man. Thine power, however great, is tainted thus. Thine prison lies in thine flesh," She poked his armour around where his chest would be, "and until ye hast removed it, I will be more kin than thee shall ever hope to be."

Medievarad

Limadan arched an eyebrow as the woman slowly set alight. And before he knew it, he was covered in dust and ashes. With a soft, irritated growl, he wiped his facemask clean, only to look at the reforming shapes. Abominations, energy clearly from the void.

The first one that got too close to him was squashed by the underside of his boot. Soon, followed by the second. Yet, the squashing didn't seem to work and eventually, his feet got swarmed, the mangled limbs and orifices slowly overtaking him. And now, he was getting angry. He started to roar and growl, smashing away the abominations. He looked upwards as the final, towering aberration started to drop down on him, he raised his hands to tear it in two.

But, it never reached him. Instead, the woman reformed again. Scowling and glaring at him. "I was once a man, yes, selected by the the Queen herself. By the void itself. You are merely spawn."

Magyar

"Offspring," she corrected, biting in tone, "They were spawn," she waved a hand to the remains of the void thralls, "Nothing more than a summoner's doing. But enough of this argument. It should matter not why I do as I do, but only that the result coincides with thine own. Whoever I should claim to be know only that I wish to assist thee. In that regard," she sighed, and settled into a frown, "I should serve. What woulds't thee have me do?"

Medievarad

"I fail to see the difference, you were them," he answered with a soft snort. "What I would have you do? What would have the queen do you do?" He took a more relaxed stance, unphased by the remnants of battle and Piamuen's magics on his armour. "Kill any non-believers," he glanced at the woman whose face was distorted in pure horror.

"Such as her."

Magyar

"Why not convert?" She suggested, "Let the flame take them in their physical forms and devote them to the way? Give their souls a shell to inhabit until they're required in battle?"

Medievarad

Limadan gestured at the countless corpses about, shrugging softly. "If they wished to convert, they would have done so already," he answered. "They didn't. So I merely cleaned up the pests," he glanced down at the woman. "There are others whom have converted to the way of Harmaa."

He made his way over, kneeling on one knee to level his face with the woman's. "Do you wish to convert to the rightful sovereign?"

Magyar

The woman had sat through the entire monstrous ordeal, watching in terrified silence as the events had unfolded before her. Now she sat before a man in warlord's clothing, trembling unconsciously and her face flecked with black tar.

For a moment she simply stared at him, uncomprehending the question he posed. In all fairness, she had seen more horrors and experienced more shock in the last hour than most did in their entire lives, but eventually she caught up, and asked in a confused, wavering voice, "What?"