Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: Urchins (CyclicalCycal)  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Whim

Re: Urchins (CyclicalCycal)
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2017, 11:41:43 PM »
"You're not the one whose gonna be growing a tail soon!" Ewan playfully jabbed Cara in the arm as they slunk down the corridor. His nails were a bit pointy now, though not over-sharp. They ascended a rickety old stairwell draped in cobwebs; there were no furnishings in the scullery. Soon enough the children found themselves in the dining hall once more. The places were cleared and the candles were doused. It seemed almost a mausoleum in the pale light of the winter sun. "And I don't really wanna be squeaking and eating kitchen scraps the rest of my life. Or have you cooing over how cute I am."

From the dining hall they went to the library, under the watchful gaze of a taxidermied wyvern and sabercat. Ewan paused to study them more carefully. Something about them was just unsettling and it made his little heard pound. "S-o his room is in the attic up top, yeah? How do you wanna do it? I guess one of us should keep look-out." The boy wasn't sure whether Cara had the worldly, guile to discretely poison a flask, or be able to keep Master Thistle at bay without earning a horrible punishment.
Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - Once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Colby mac Arryn - Farm boy, prankster
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
Kai Wilding - Prince charming, also a donkey
Maergath - Professor of animancy and angry, hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Proud and unrepentant scumlord
Wylie Wyndham - Rebellious Lord, Daemonologist

Offline CyclicalCycal

« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2017, 10:51:05 PM »
Cara grinned at Ewan. "What's wrong with a tail?" She retorted. "I know lots of animals! They all like having tails!" She responded with a wide, toothy, vaguely idiotic grin. She followed after him as they made their way through the corridor. She was silent as she did so, her voice dropping low and her movements becoming more stealthy. But, she was quite bad at this.

She peered into the dining hall as they entered. She narrowed her eyes. "...if you were a rodent you'd like kitchen scraps very much! You'd think they'd taste nice." She mumbled. She followed after him, and watched the areas as they flicked by. The dining hall, library, kitchen, all were things she was quite interested by. She looked to Ewan, snapping back to reality as he spoke. "...hrm. Up in the attic? Urm. What's an attic?"

Offline Whim

« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2017, 11:49:57 PM »
His stubby fingers were tipped with curved nails now. It made scratching hurt.  "Well I kinda prefer being a boy. I want to - you know - have hands to read books, and eat with a fork, and sleep in a bed. If I did become an animal I'd want to be something amazing. Like a dragon! Once I did a potion that made you breathe fire like one only it turned you green too. So I suppose I've sort of been one. But a mouse? No way!" Ewan bounced on his heels. Some moments later it occurred to the now-blushing boy where he was, and how his imagination wandered.

"And the attic is the top of a house. Its where people put junk or, um, where servants like us sometimes live. You've slept in bushes and trees your whole life, huh?"
Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - Once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Colby mac Arryn - Farm boy, prankster
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
Kai Wilding - Prince charming, also a donkey
Maergath - Professor of animancy and angry, hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Proud and unrepentant scumlord
Wylie Wyndham - Rebellious Lord, Daemonologist

Offline CyclicalCycal

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2017, 03:07:26 AM »
Cara didn't have a direct response to the question. Instead, she had a question that likely allowed Ewan to infer her answer.

"What's a servant?" And then she went on her first tangent. "And being a boy's stupid! You're not close to nature at all! I wish I was an animal. Then I could be closer to nature. Instead I'm a stupid elf and I gotta protect nature..." She mumbled, a little disappointed.

Then, Cara glanced around the library. She idly went to pull a book from the shelves. "What's all this...?" She asked. "Why'd you want all this stupid stuff? What a big room! You could have lots of weapons, or golems, or materials, or other things in here! What gives?" She asked, confused as she went to open the book and stare dumbly at it.

Tags: Cara Ewan