Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Connlaothan Civil War Guild Clash Plotting (All Welcome!)

Started by AevumEternity, December 04, 2016, 12:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

I noticed that there don't seem to be many ongoing Civil War threads at the moment. So I propose a thread dedicated to pitting opposing guilds of each facton (Mage and Connlaothan) against one another!

To make this even more interesting, each guild will be scored by myself or another to determine who 'won' after each thread is finished using a point system which will be explained in more detail later within the thread!

Connlaoth Factions
(Name | Leader | Member Count | Win:Loss Ratio)
Ansgar's Hand | Major Hakon Kilandre | 2 | 0:0

Mage Factions
(Name | Leader | Member Count | Win:Loss Ration)
Name | Leader | Member Count | Win:Loss Ratio

Scoring System
Assuming only 2 to 4 people maximum will participate in each thread, a 'referee' of sorts will be tasked with reading over each post to determine if a battle is won or lost by one side or another. Scoring will be based off of Ingenuity, Realism, Consideration and Damage.

Ingenuity will obviously focus upon how cunning a character is with the resources in which they utilize. For example, if a non-magical soldier finds a way to use a mage's skills against them, this can be equal to 1-3 points based on how original and clever the solution is.

Realism will focus upon how fair each participant is to the other. This category can either add or take away points depending on the RPers actions to one another, ensuring God Modding is not a problem. For example, if a mage uses a blast of electricity upon a knight wearing armor without blessing or other shock absorbing materials and the knight 'dodges out of the way' or 'keeps going without being hurt' this will negate points from the knight but add none to the Mage. But should the knight take damage accordingly and realistically, persay, their skin was badly burned because of the steel being electrified, the Mage would gain one point but the Knight would lose none, etc.

Consideration focuses upon the RPer's character's own individual strengths and weaknesses. Should an individual's character use their character's strength to the highest potential and dully acknowledge their weaknesses, this can add up to 5 extra points to a final score when the thread ends.

Lastly is Damage. This is the deciding factor of the battle's outcome in the end. This is also the riskiest factor, at the beginning of each thread, a question will be asked as to whether or not you give permission for your character to be KILLED - if you answer with 'Yes', your guild will automatically be given a +5 bonus points. Keep in mind, should you character be killed in the thread, it will give your opponent a +7 to their final score.
PLEASE CONSIDER WHETHER OR NOT YOU TRULY NEED TO KILL A PERSON'S CHARACTER BEFORE DOING SO. KILLING YOUR FOE DOES NOT GUARANTEE VICTORY.

Whichever side has the most total points at the end of the thread wins the battle regardless if their opponent dies.

Example Referee Post:
Faction A-
Ingenuity: 5
Realism: 7
Consideration: 3
Damage: 10
Total: 25

Faction B-
Ingenuity: 11
Realism: 2
Consideration: 4
Damage: 5
Total: 22

Faction A wins!
[/size]

Joining
If you wish to help me referee this, please PM or post below! If you wish to enter your guild or faction within this contest. Please fill out the following Form!

Guild Name:
URL to Guild Info Thread:
Leader Name:
Number of Members:
Affiliation: (Connlaoth or Mages)

After entered, the guild will be matched with an opposing guild, told who their referee is and be invited to begin a thread however they wish!

Consider This
This is a friendly competition to help people engage their characters into the Civil War Plot! Whether a faction loses or wins should NOT effect Out of Character behavior, if it does, your entire guild may be subject to being kicked from the competition.
The reward is bragging rights and prestige ICly, do not let this effect you personally!

The guilds with the highest Win to Lose ratios in each faction will be pitted against one another in a final battle thread! FOR THE HONOR OF THEIR ALLIES!!

If a referee is thought to be showing biased toward one faction or another, please PRIVATELY message me and I shall look over their scores to determine whether this true or false. Referees are allowed to participate in the competition but should not hound others for scoring!!

Referees will post the scorings of each faction to this thread or PM me so I may update them!
Current Referees are: AevumEternity

Current Threads:
Thread Name | Location | Faction A (Score) vs Faction B (Score)