Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Strange Tidings (Open)(Mature)

Started by seanndw, December 22, 2016, 09:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanndw

His bare feet, filthy to say the least, brought him forward as he stepped from the forest. Who knows where he had come from but nonetheless, he was here. This figure wasn't anything to be impressed with and to be frank it would have been the opposite. He was a pathetic soul, scrawny and the like as if he hadn't eaten in weeks. His face would be shadowed by the old worn hooded robes that he wore. They were commonly recognized as if being monk in origin but instead of providing poverty and peace in their appearance one could determine something was off. They were stained, worn faded, and even held a few small tears. Well used.

His facial features were that of a defeated being. Sad almost and with each step forward, it could be figured that he was injured as well. "Neutral grounds...neutral grounds.." the voice that allowed those words to escape was raspy and quite worn in itself. It was as if he were trying to convince himself that he wouldn't be harmed here. Or was it that he wasn't to harm them himself.

He stopped a little into the clearing and lowered himself onto the ground, his robe like cloak adjusting to keep himself covered as he indeed was nude beneath it. The fragile frame relaxed ever so nicely as he fully let his weight take to the ground and without his notice, he leaned backwards onto a fallen log that just so happened to be there. "Neutral ground." Those words would leave his lips one more time before lifting his gaze, which until now, we downwards. His pale face would now be seen more and his white and ratty hair would take note beneath the hood for only a moment before it was drawn backwards revealing his blood stained face to the sun and all around.

"Water?" It was almost pathetic to see as he attempted to beg to anyone that would listen.

seanndw

With a smile, faint but there he would bow his head in deep thanks and in a meek fashion, he was grateful. A few fellows handed him a few coins here and there but more importantly he received a flask of water. He had an insatiable thirst, overwhelmingly, it would seem. It had been over three days since he was able to find water he could consider consumable. It really needed to rain.

He sat back against a tree with a piece of bread that he had been given and his water. It was a simple day for him, he was able to hold his anger, hold his rage, hold his vengeance. People had no idea the restraint he had to hold every time someone was near him.

A please of neutrality, he liked it. A healthy bite was offered to the bread he held in his hand and with his mental state becoming more at ease he decided to take a look around. There weren't many people here, perhaps it was too early? he didn't mind. Unfortunately though his eyes took towards one man, he wasn't anything significant to look at but man nonetheless. It wasn't that he could read the mans mind or anything but an aura of feelings took over. That man was not a good man.

A curl of his lip formed as he leaned forward and narrowed his eyes slowly. The rage wouldn't contain itself all that long. It was his job after all. His purpose.

Sunset Mage

"You seem a little down on your luck, friend".

A young, olive-skinned man in a long brown cloak was leaning against the nearest tree. Using elemental magic, he draws a floating orb of water from it's trunk and offers it to the beggar.

"Perhaps we could help each other. I've been having trouble with a strange breed of gelatinous ogre back in Sionad and I'd guess from your wounds that you're an experienced fighter. They've stolen a great deal of my possessions, including some semi-rare magic artefacts. Help me out and we'll split the loot 50/50, what do you say?"

seanndw

He had been walling in himself for a little bit of time. Relaxing one could say as he attempted to regain a little composure to move ahead with whatever his travels dictated. The young man approaching kind of offered a reprieve from that thought and in a rather startled mentality, he looked up.

The orb of water would be accepted. This was a sight he had seen before but pretended he hadn't. A smile, faint but there formed in a thankful fashion as the orb filled his old empty tin cup he held with anticipation. It didn't take long for him to take the water in with a little less than refined drinking mannerisms and until he had finished every last drop, he didn't even acknowledge the mans words.

An evaluating look would be offered to the man as he contemplated what he would say next. "I am merely a man of old ability." His words would come out as if he had a little education but tried to dumb himself down.  "Wounds or not, what help could I be other than as bait? hmm?"

He again looked to the man in an evaluating form as he quite eagerly waited for the the response. Perhaps it was the neutral grounds but for whatever reason he couldn't get his gifted sign as to this mans intentions. Maybe his natural defences or immunity to most magics had faltered in his less than idea state? he would debate that later.

Sunset Mage

"Actually, I was thinking that I would be the distraction." replied the magic-user. "The gelatinous ogres are immune to my elemental powers of air and water. Whatever I throw at them just bounces off them, or they absorb it as bubbles in their jelly-like bodies."

He summons a feeble breeze from his fingertips to accentuate his point. "All my magic would be good for is to distract the ogres, whilst you sneak in and grab their hoard of treasure. The treasure includes some magic weaponry that we can use to destroy the ogres."

"Sound like a plan?"

seanndw

Takes a few moments to debate in his head. What if this was a mere ploy to get him alone. Perhaps he was here to kill him. Rob him. Take the little he had. He curled a lip ever so faintly in that 'I am thinking' fashion before lifting himself to his feet. "When do we leave?" He wasn't strong by any means, at least he didn't appear to be, but he was able to limp forward a few steps towards the man.

in his mind though he couldn't but help notice that he couldn't read the man, couldn't tell his intentions. If he was good or not. He didn't like that naturally. What if he turned out to be less than ideal. Would he turn? Would he kill him?

It was almost as if all of a sudden he didn't care about all that as he mentally shrugged his shoulders. He would do whatever he had to do. Couldn't contain that beast after all. He chuckled to himself. "What artifacts? Can I carry it all myself? hmm?" He added those questions to keep this man talking. Evaluating it may seem.

Sunset Mage

"We should set out as soon as possible, in case the gelatinous ogres decide to move their treasures to a more secure location whilst we are away... and don't worry, there isn't so much treasure that you won't be able to carry your share."

The magic user extends his hand towards the beggar. "The name's Aaron, by the way, Aaron Azard."

seanndw

A hand would be slow, almost paused in a debating fashion as if he weren't one hundred percent certain this was a fantastic idea. Nonetheless, he accepted the out reached hand and shook it with a grip a little stronger than one would expect from this almost feeble looking man. "Ryan Ryder Sir, is my name." He offered a small smile, toothy even as if the hesitation melted away.

With a wide motioning hand he indicated that he should lead the way. "How did these Ogres come to your artifacts? hmm?" His words appeared to becoming stronger as if the little bit of water offered him before actually made a reasonable difference.

He did wonder though, why this man would ask someone such as him to help in such a venture. He shrugged that of and continued walking with a slight but noticeable limp.

Sunset Mage

"Well" replied Aaron "I live in a small cave in the Sionad tundra. It's not exactly luxury, but it's remote and peaceful, perfect for a hermit such as myself. I started mining at the back of the cave about a week ago, trying to get myself some more living space and I came across a small underground cavern, with three gelatinous trolls inside. They forced me out of my own home and took nearly all of my possessions, adding them to their own hoard. I tried to fight them, but my powers were useless against them, so I was forced to seek help."

Tags: