Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Humanity is Blind to True Power [HK][M]

Started by Marakai Trin, December 22, 2016, 10:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

I don't suppose that would dry these without setting them aflame, would it?

He stood there, fully clothed  and still dripping. He'd watched her stretch, appreciating the view with a smirk. The flat facade was cracked - the assassin stepped aside to let the man show his face for the first time since that man was a child.

He watched still while she dressed. I'd rather not have my clothes sticking to me all day until they dry.

Medievarad

She glanced at Kranath as he posed his questions, halfway through dressing. She had her undergarments on already, robes hanging loosely from her.

Salem extended her hand and snapped her fingers, a similar flame roaring into life underneath Kranath and traveling upwards, drying him up in the blink of an eye. And his clothing wasn't even as much as charred.

A soft sigh came from the woman as a puff of black smpke appeared behind her. And an individual stepped out. Unlike her other abominations, this one looked human. With blonde hair and deep blue eyes. And even Kranath could tell this 'horror' was more powerfuk than the others he had met.

And it started to help her dresshead. After all, how pretty or ugly didn't matter.

They were her slaves. Her will was law to these constructs.

As soon as she was dressed, Salem turned around to the black mist that lingered and extended her hand inside, tearing at thethe fabric ofof reality. Let us return.

[Sorry, was just updating the post :S]

Marakai Trin

The dragon lifted an eyebrow. The flame offered heat, but no pain, even as it coarsed over his face and his head, drying his hair as well.

When it was gone, he smirked again. Did Tiamat provide you with that, or is it your own?

He stepped toward his weaponry, fitting the intricate network of leather straps that held his sheaths in place over his shoulder and waist.

This completed, having only taken less than a minute, he moved to stand before Salem. He smirked a little, and lifted that brow again.

A pity your clothes cover so much... came his voice, nearly purring into her mind.

Medievarad

That was me, Salem replied with a soft huff, straightening out her robes and dusting off the long sleeves from her outfit. Deep red, feline eyes glanced up at Kranath as he took position infront of them. Behave. They're a pain to get, she deadpanned in his mind, letting out a soft sigh on physical level.

But nevertheless, her hand moved up to softly caress his, before gripping it tightly. She tore through the smoke, opening another one of her so called gateways. Come, she ushered, still holding his hand.

Marakai Trin

Coming, Salem.

He smirked, and briefly rubbed the pad of this thumb against the back of her hand before stepping through the portal of swirling black smoke.

The sight before him when they exited very nearly depressed him - he was almost hoping someone had wandered onto the farm and noticed it's occupants were no longer living... At least, not truly living.

His gaze flicked to Salem, beside him. His eyes remained fixed on her face for a moment, his gaze crimson and penetrating. After a moment, his lips curled into a thin smirk.

Home sweet home.... came his muttered voice. He released a short breath, and turned back to look at the house and barn before them. He was almost glad they would only be there for awhile... He'd like to find something more permanent for them. Something defensible enough they wouldn't have to hide.

Something people would fear. But in the meantime, this would do.

I imagine you're probably hungry and tired. There seems plenty to eat if you're of the mind to prepare food.

He glanced back to her, and gave her hand a soft squeeze. Myself....I must rest. That was...honestly more draining than I would have anticipated, even after such a long time. He gave a bit of a wry grin, and released her hand.

Medievarad

Oh shush, she quipped softly, shaking her head at him, before guiding him through the nothingness. Though the soft geeture against her hand didn't go unnoticed. And she had to think whether itthe was subconcious affection or him toying with her. Being forbidden to read his mind and emotions certainly made for a challenge.

Salem looked up to answer his inquisitive gaze with an inquiring one of her own. Already feeling sentimental? She inquired withwith a soft giggle. And I have already eaten, she answered with a soft stretch of her back. Rest, or sleep, for now is all I require.

And like that, she grasped Marakai's hand, letting out a soft hum. As if they were very close all of a sudden. And she started to walk, making her way to the master bedroom.

Marakai Trin

Kranath looked go her oddly, a brow raised. Sympathetic? Hardly. This place is hardly fitting for us...that was pure sarcasm, I assure you. He sighed a bit, and voiced a chuckle. I was actually thinking of finding something a bit more...grand.

He followed her as she began moving through the house. I...don't require sleep, just so you know. I prefer to meditate, and leave my senses open to the world. He didn't release her hand, though.

Medievarad

And so was I, Salem replied easily, chuckling softly. There was sentimentality to him. No doubt about it. But she knew it would lay deeper within. Harder to grasp and particularily manipulate.

She gave him a droll look over her shoulder. Trust me, Kranath, was the only response she could give. Accompanied by a, soft smile. She pushed the door to the bedroom open and stepped in. Lay downI, get comfortable. A soft sigh came from her as she started to free herself from her intricate robes, soon standing there in onky her undergarments.

Marakai Trin

Kranath arched a brow, but did as she requested. He undid all the straps to his three blades, leaning them against the wall nearest the bed. He then unbuttoned his longcoat, and draped it over a chest of drawers.

He sat on the bed, and slid his feet out of his shoes.

He hadn't been on a bed in...centuries, at least. Not since the Aerie, in any case. He turned his crimson eyed gaze on her with a brow arched, and then slid up into the bed, lying  atop the blankets. He had to admit, it was comfortable. Nearly as much as his own bed, if it even still existed after all this time.

Completely unbidden, his mouth suddenly opened wide, and he yawned. Then he blinked - several times. He was...tired?

....did you do something to me? I feel so...sluggish.

Medievarad

Not at all, she replied. Though her voice became silkier, even smoother than it already was. Salem slowly eased the, blankets out from underneath Kranath, before joining next to him. Sleep, or rest, enjoying the warmth of another, she whispered in his mind. Voice now soft and lulling. I pose no threat, she assured one last time.

Salem herself laid down next to him, shuffling closer to rest her head on his chest. Her arm came to rest on his chest as well,  herr hand finding occupation on his shoulder. Slender, warm legs wrapped around his and Salem pulled her entire body against his for good measure.

And her eyes slowly slid closed.

Marakai Trin

For several moments, Kranath laid awake, eyes boring holes into the ceiling. He was puzzled...and that didn't happen often, if ever.

This day...everything had changed. Tiamat had brought another under Her wing, and named her Her priestess. And while Kranath had no issue with his Lady's will, he still puzzled over the personal question.

Why did this girl, this human, affect him so? Yes, she had power, an admirable quality. Yes, she followed Tiamat's will, but many would come to do the same, soon enough.

Did he have affection for this human girl? He...wasn't sure. Love? Surely not. But then....what?

That question was the last he had in mind before fell into darkness.

His dreams were filled with blood.

Medievarad

Kranath would come toto enjoychange a sense of calmth through the night. Mayhaps, his dreams were filled with bloodshed, mayhaps with anger or his sorrows. But there was such a sense of calmth. After allall, he wasn't alone now.

This was not Salem's intention, it was her subconscious mind aiming to protect his. Shielding it from any negative influences from the exterior.

As the sun rose, Salem blinked awake and cracked a soft yawn, before glancing up at Kranath. She pushed herself up on her knees and just watched him. Examining his facial features. Without a word. Physically or mentally.

Marakai Trin

While he slept, Salem would note an odd sort of softness to Kranath's features, despite the sharp lines and planes of his thin face. Even the black marks on his face, the evidence of Tiamat's essence within him, would appear subdued, muted somehow.

He laid there, chest slowly rising and falling, appearing and feeling at peace for the first time since before Tiamat's influence. Once Salem's mind intertwined with his, the violence and anger within his dreams simply...stopped. It was as though everything had simply faded to black within his mind.

After several long moments of being watched over, he would crack open his crimson eyes, his vision blurry at first, being unused to being shut for more than a second or two. For a moment, all he could see was a silhouette, an outline of Salem framed by the sunlight pouring in behind her.

His eyes snapped open the rest of the way, and he blinked them into focus, until they were adjusted enough to recognize the figure hovering over him.

"....Salem?" he voiced, too tired to first consider telepathic communication.

Medievarad

She tilted her head curiously as he woke. As he spoke, Salem smirked softly, before letting out a soft chuckle. So, you do sleep. And quite peacefully, she answered, leaning down and trailing her fingers across his cheek. A soft, almost caring kiss was pressed on his forehead. Salem pushed herself up again and got out of the bed, heading for the neatly folded pile of robesher to start get dressed.

Marakai Trin

He blinked, exactly one time, and then stared at her with the oddest look as she got up.

He'd...slept. He felt  unusually well rested, much more so than he'd have if he'd entered his meditative trance for a few hours. And it was the following day, he could sense. But it had been late morning when they'd both laid down.

He'd slept, and for an entire day. Just how tired had he been?

He sat up from the bed, brushing a mess of long black hair from his face. Salem...what...how did...

His thoughts were a jumbled mess, so much that he couldn't properly communicate just yet. He raised a hand, rubbing over his eyes, frustrated as he waited for his brain to catch up to him.

Ugh...why did you let me sleep so long?

Medievarad

Salem looked over her shoulder as the dragon spoke, his thoughts still a jumbled mess. But nevertheless, she waited patiently for him to regain the ability to form any kind of coherent speech. She held up the robe infront of her chest, prior to his fully waking up she was busy with getting her arms in the sleeves.

She sighed softly at his question and sat down on the bed, next to him. I have only just woken up myself. Yet it only means you needed it. She clicked her tongue softly. Let your body mend. It has withstood a lot of abuse. Allow it relaxation.

Marakai Trin

"Heh," came his voice, finding slight amusement in her words. And then, the proper response came.

I think it's relaxed far more than needed. He swung his legs over the side of the bed, and stood to stretch. He'd forgotten what it felt like to actually wake up, and he was still feeling sluggish and perhaps a little lethargic.

So....what shall we accomplish today? he asked, just as he was fitting his arms into the voluminous slee es of his longcoat.

Medievarad

Salem looked up at Marakai and took a deep breath, before standing up. It depends, did you have anything in mind. I have normal maintenance on my horrors, I have been putting it off for far too long. The woman drew up behind Kranaths, starting to dust his coat off slightly, humming under her breath.

While still holding the robe up with one hand.

Marakai Trin

Kranath turned to look over his shoulder at her, a brow raised. What sort of maintenance do they require? It seemed to me that they were plenty...sturdy enough.

He turned around the rest of the way, noting how she still held her robe, rather than finish dressing.

Medievarad

She glanced up to meet his eyes, before shaking her head and proceeding to dress. Thank you, but yes. These magics and absorbed souls can heal wounds. But sometimes, they do not heal right, or at all, she answered with a soft hum.

So if they're healed wrong and it infringes the original design, I'll have to make the wound again. In any case, I will be spending my own energy.

At that, she pushed the door open, descending the stairs, before glancing over her shoulder. A soft grin on her face. That is, unless, if you have need for me with other bussiness.

Tags: