Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Table of Wars

Started by Vais, December 23, 2016, 08:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vais

Arc I

Vaisravana arose out of the sheets, still tired from yesterday's march. He whipped away any tears from his eyes as he yawned. he looked over to see Suzetta still napping on the other side of his bed and Xiao still sleeping in her own bed. For people outside the military considered the Imperial Dragon Commander as having an "eye for the Ladies" despite it was quite the opposite to those who knew him and those who would serve and die for him for Suzetta was his Oath Sibling and Xiao was his daughter. You could say it was awkward perhaps to the unwary but Vaisravana was protective of his family even if they were more than capable of defending themselves in battle or against less than honorable things. He simply shared his bed with his Oath Sibling so she wouldn't have to sleep with the other men and so he could watch over her at her weakest. Perhaps there was some romantic tension between the two but how The Imperial Dragon Commander took his work more seriously than even eating and sleeping most of the time, Vaisravana would be quite oblivious to it. Xiao on the other hand, was his daughter, adoptive yes but still his own flesh and blood at least considered by him and he would be damned if he ever let a man touch. Though he never enjoyed bringing Family to war for obvious reasons, If he would have to than better to keep family close then anything else right? well, at least what Vaisravana thought anyway.

Vaisravana rose out of bed and looked into the mirror, quickly grabbing water out of a pan next to the mirror and splashed his face to wake himself up. "Time to get back to work now" He stood their for a few moments thinking of the upcoming battle. Vaisravana was nowhere near getting rusty to leading and fighting in battle but he had yet to fight a deamon army of such a massive size. He be lying to himself if he wasn't scared but he knew he couldn't let his fear controlling him. Vaisravana was complicated, Being human he knew fear well and even he was not immune to it however in another way, he did not fear it for, he was nothing more than Warrior and though he often dwell on the unnecessary, in his eyes he had fulfilled his original purpose in life, to unite the land under Lady Wei sun and bring true peace to the land where everyone was equal with almost no bloodshed spilled, he still secretly wished for an honorable warrior death which at this point would never happen. Despite that, he felt a bit selfish at the same time, taking an easy way out when the only reason why him and Lady Wei Sun were still alive was because of the Will of the Heavens commanded it. Now it looked after making a pact with the will of the heavens that Vaisravana would only be allowed to die freely after he completed his duty to the will of the heavens, a daunting task indeed.

Vaisravana shook his head back to reality "I've wasted enough of my time being sentimental." and opened his closest revealing his prized armor and his courtly Hanfu. He removed the boots first, putting on his fur socks beforehand than putting on his leather pants as his protection under his last armor before putting on his Greaves and finally boots. As he removed his leather longshirt from the closest and began putting it on, he felt a warm embrace from a familer voice.

"What ya doing Vais?"

Suzetta said in a sexual tone. She had snuck out of bed with only sheets covering herself before hugging her Oath Sibling from behind.

"Getting ready for work...what did you think I was doing? The Imperial Dragon Commander of the entire Chu military doesn't get to lay around all day you know!"

Suzetta stood there and sighed, disappointed, as if she wanted to see her Oath sibling do something he hadn't done before. Vaisravana himself sighed with his leather shirt over his head "Women....." With that remark Xiao woke up and looked at them as she used her left arm to wipe the morning tears out of  her eyes.

"Aunt Suz, what are you doing to dad?"

Suzetta winked at Xiao while putting a smile on "Oh you know the usual sweetie."

Not believing a single word nor the smile, Xiao looked at Suzetta with suspicion "
"huh uh, ok Aunt Suz if you say so"

defeated, she fell back into bed "aww..not you too Xiao!"

Xiao shrugged at Suzetta. "Sorry Aunt Suz" remarking before getting up out of bed and helping her father put on his cuirass who was having a little trouble putting it on.

"Thanks" Vais said after a few minutes after she tied up the leather straps in place under the cuirass before helping him don his crimson red cape. He then hugged his near naked daughter before looking back at Suzetta, he shook his head  sighing before looking at both of them.

"Report for duty within an half an hour to the Dragon Guard."

"YES SIR!" Xiao said with confidence as she saluted while Suzetta performed half ass salute laying on the bed before speaking sarcastically.

"YES COMMANDER"

With that Vaisravana took his leave and made his way to the war room minutes later, revealing Guang Val, already in there studying the battle plans thoroughly on the large war table, showing a huge map and miniatures representing armies. Vaisravana walked over to the war table and laid a seductive but sarcastic tone at the same towards her. "Well hello to you beautiful, I guess it's a good thing I got the Goddess of Victory on my side already working"

She looked up, seeing Vaisravana's face only inches away from her.

"Not now Commander, We can play your flirty games later" she said in a serious tone, disappointing the Imperial Dragon Commander. Even though she knew he was only kidding, she would often go along with it just for the hell of it although, at times Vaisravana had a habit of annoying her greatly since he knew Val took her work as seriously as him, not to mention it would confuse most people who saw including Suzetta. Vaisravana and Val were simply close friends after the unification of their land although the two still held a rivalry of sorts of who was a better warrior and leader, being the only General of Hei who managed to hold Vaisravana forces hold off and dueled him to a stand still.

With that, Vaisravana brought his attention to the large map on the war table.

(Just click on the image to see it bigger)

joylss

Moments before a war is oft an impetus robust enough to commit a man to his sword, the captain's cheer in this bustling array of soldiers is a voice of faith deemed well enough to invest their lives in an allied force, regardless how dauntingly their rivaled host may appear. In fact, Arisalan has opt to cede him an opportunity in warfare, permitting Nasrin to test a hand in the fray of diplomacy of habitual foul play, however, should he withdraw with his hands scathed, then he would have depleted them the liberty of paltry alms.

His entrance made palpable through silked curtains as strings were drawn in blithe; for, while his cavalry is but a trifling sum to compensate in the foreboding battle, their leader is a man whose face shall glisten in the shreds of cherubic light and unambiguous stimulus, horde by the conviction of Parsian men and soldiers who would willingly lay down their lives at the strength of his words and his alone.

Coyly will he spite the man poised by the frame of the war table, toting a youthful body in his arms, perceived to be uncanny, for while women were not a factor to be brought before the facade of war, at present, Nasrin shall not question the commander's eccentric demeanor nor the pivotal capacity of his colloquial speech to someone who ranks amidst the paramount order.

"It is deemed a necessity to praise your laudable achievements, Commander Vais. King Arisalan had spoken fondly of your excellence, and for that I would not believe you to be an incompetent man when circumstances falls nigh the fiendish stratums. Men who pursued my leadership have peregrinated far from the borders of Pars to honour our oath to this battle, and it is my wish that I shall not disappoint them."

His voice remains mildly aware at the grave disadvantage when the united allies is pitted against Xia's forces; but, by the blessings of pantheon snivels and froth of good faith, never will he allow a fellow soldier to fall before his sight and permit his death to rendered unjust----let your sword strike his steel and it shall strike back fiercer. Thus, is the renowned strength of men that transpires from the Parsian caliber of unyielding talent and forte.

Gawfy

Janne woke earlier that morning and had been walking around the camp in full armor he hardly took it off even while he slept. He started pondering while he walked. His Army if you could call it that Had been nothing more than Commoners who picked up weapons and decided to follow him. It all began a Few years ago when Janne defended A town near where the armies met. After the Human force retreaded the demons came in. He Single handedly Killed all of those who attacked the village before wandering once again. This inspired the towns folk so they Grabbed whatever weapons they could and followed him. Janne Did this for three years Behind Enemy lines Liberating Towns, villages, and even a few cities all over the Continent that the other factions had forsaken.

About a year in his travels he met another young man who was anything but young. Janne was planning on attacking a fort when he noticed a Clad black knight Charge the Fort. Thinking nothing of it Janne later planned and Gathered the people who followed him half a day later to Find the fort was Destroyed, Corpses littered every where and none in one piece. With the wading puddle of Blood beneath his feet He saw the same knight covered in blood. Seeing as how they had Common goals The knight started traveling with Janne's party and started training those Around him to be an effective and trained force only known as Gawfy's Guardsmen.

Then there was Alder. Janne couldn't remember when or how alder Got into his party but he did. After Liberating places for so long The demons sent an especially powerful demon to nip their problem in the bud. When This demon found them they would have suffered great losses if not for Alder. Only a few Saw the battle as Janne ordered a retreat but Alder wouldn't budge. he instead Fought the beast toe to toe, Then in a fantastic Flourish of magic Alder Sent the beast Packing home with a nasty Facial Scar. He has been traveling with Janne ever since.

Now Janne had been Summoned to be part of a Multinational alliance to face the Demons Together.
Janne Walked to the Tent and was met with the other leaders. Janne Held a slight dislike for their or their countries actions. It was understandable that one had to pull back the front lines but leaving the Peasants to die? Janne Just couldn't imagine it. Am i the last one in?   He said through his Helmet he then Turned his attention to the map on the table.

Vais

The Imperial Dragon Commander was not expecting Captain Nasrin to be here this early in the morning but maybe Vaisravana had overslept a bit? After all he did have a hard time sleeping the night before with Suzetta talking to herself in her sleep. In his mind he sighed thinking to himself why he puts up with her at times. He quickly switched his mind back to the current situation, maybe the Captain was an early bird like Guang Val? Vaisravana himself considered himself a morning person but Guang Val took it to the next level by usually getting up at dawn. Before he could really give it thought though, Captain Nas made himself clear of his thoughts and expectations to the Imperial Dragon Commander of Chu. Vaisravana decided, that he reassure the Captain he would have nothing to worry about.

"Greeting Captain Nasrin or Rin, son of Pelgius and Kilgrath, It seems you already know that I am Vaisravana, Imperial Dragon Commander of Chu within Tsou Chiou so I guess we do not need formalities. As I can tell from your appearance, as warrior to a fellow warrior, You can be at ease Captain, I may not be the messiah of warriors or leaders but I have fought for a great many years and traveled far and wide to bring peace to my land through diplomacy or by war. As a king on the fields of battle, I have always honorable led by example and will die before I do the opposite. Fear not, my Lady, Empress Sun takes this threat very seriously and has done what she could do to help..."

Vaisravana stands there before hesitating for a moment.

"Although I do wish my lady would of granted me more troops considering we almost have nearly a million troops back home. I guess we'll have to work with what we have. More of a challenge for me I suppose, I haven't fought an army of demons for quite some time."

Judging Captain Nasrin was a knight and noble of his land, it was probably safe to say he wasn't used to seeing Women in leadership positions. That was something he could blame the Captain, for himself was not used to it for many years, seeing women should be home doing domestic activities, perhaps more than taking care of children and cleaning but on the battlefield? that was unheard of before his time and during his early years but the Appearance of Wei Sun fifteen years ago when Wei Xun changed all that. He was sure the Captain had his doubts by fighting with a woman, especially since, little did he know he would likely be fighting alongside her if they kept to the original planning he had came up with a few days ago.

"Captain, do not worry about...the women under my command. I understand how about you feel about women, feeling the same once too however the women here, while few in number as it's still very uncommon for a female to distinguish themselves it is still feasible as commanded by my lady. The few women I have here have distinguished themselves in battle and are worth more than fifty men I promise you. Guang Val here is one of the Tiger General of Chu and is one of the few Generals who managed to halt the Chu advance several years ago. She even fought me herself to a stand still and there were few who could that single handily."

Vaisravana led a friendly laugh while speaking in a friendly tone

"Don't underestimate her!....I sure won't!"

In the background, Guang Val face palmed her face with her right hand's palm.

"Idiot" She quietly remarked to herself. With that Janne walked into the tent which Vaisravana changed his tone and faced  Janne.

"ahh good you have arrived Lord Janne, I am Vaisravana, Imperial Dragon Commander of Chu within Tsou Chiou, I am honoured to make you acquaintance as a warrior to warrior who protects the weak and defenseless. Now we can begin the council of war against the deamons!"

With that Vaisravana rejoined Guang Val at the war table.

joylss

As per the eloquent spider who weaves its web in a manner conforming the impending forecast, Vaisravana's tongue conducts its execution with words that will do well to provoke no dishonor from the Parsian caliber.

Bound by writs of constitutional nature and as the gist  of jeopardy amasses, the apparent meeting of multinational troops is but the quietus lull before the rampaging storm. Subdue shall be the veil that cloaks the room in mannerly pretense, minutes after the General initiates his formal greeting, however, it is the voice of Nasrin that will soon confidently fill the room with his phlegmatic, twinkling laugh.

"I confess to be thorough with my work, General Vaisravana. It is my cardinal doctrine that one ameliorate practice shall be honoured by another, therefore, the presence of your Lady and those of your followers shall not be seen as hassles, merely, we shall deem without reproach that the Parsian army will comply with the utmost proclivity."

banters of idiosyncrasy is a courtesy one must expect to offer to an opinion of similar stratums. Twain fingers of cultivated gesture would come to seek reassurance on the map, before mismatching pair of globes of sheen violet would rise eventually at the new participant on the table.

Lord Janne ---- a name to be answered by their new forthcoming ally, his figure a glimmer of youthful status yet whose sword has championed those of many. A brandish of fleeting austere stare and eventually would his hands entice salute reform by the offering of amiable handshake.

"Lord Janne! Your name has not evince to traipse far but your fame is no acoustic stranger to gullible ears, for mind not that you are the last to consort prospects, for General Vaisravana and I have yet to commerce on paramount discourse."

Gawfy

Likewise Janne said as Vaisravana addressed . Followed by King Arisalan's Vessel Nasrin. Shook his hand.  Thank you He said as he did. A leader of a kingdom and a King's Strategist.  So what is the main strategy we are employing to use to take here? He asked as he pointed to the structure in the top right of the map

Vais

(OOC:Am gonna shoot you Gawfy! >D)

Vaisravana nodded to the Captain in being relieved that he understood and were not their just to be "playthings" for his amusement although he would admit his Oath Sibling could certainly be entertaining at times. He turned his attention to Lord Janne who had just entered the war room. It was true Vaisravana didn't know much about Lord Janne at all, to his knowledge from questionable sources, he was a minor noble who traveled the land to defend the weak and defenseless. Whatever his origins was, Vaisravana still thrilled to meet a man with such similar ideologies which seemed rare in today's age which only carried corrupted nobles wanting more power. He won't never admit but even the Kingdom of Chu was not perfect.

"Lord Janne, I am honored to meet a man of such ideologies and valued. I see All of use are acquited with each other...good then we can begin this meeting of conducting war.

Vaisravana drew his attention to the map on the table and waved for Captain Nasrin and Lord Janne to join him with Guang Val next to him.

(Just click on the image to see it bigger)
"I had this map created a few days ago by a dozen scouts from a Zhencha unit, it appears most of the land is apparently dead or one gigantic wasteland created the Deamons having little care for the land itself although near us the land has not been damaged much. Besides the wastes there are mountain ridges covering that city with only a few passages. This is also a river that is surprisingly untainted and shouldn't be much of a problem. Lastly there are a few outposts scattered about we can use to heal up and take cover from the enemy or the elements and there is...."

Vaisravana hesitated for a moment, not sure how Lord Janne would take the news with majority of the villages destroyed or spawning pools for demons.

"There is or was Villages in the mountains near the city we need to capture. I do not know the conditions of these villages but it's safe to assume they were either destroyed outright or they....they were used as spawning pools for more demons to be created. There may be survivors who may or may not join us. I am not...sure what to do with these villages. I am all for defending those cannot defend themselves but it would be a waste of time we need if the Villagers are completely destroyed...or worse"

Vaisravana took in a heavy beath before releasing it all out slowly. That wasn't something easy for him to say, sure he was used to battle, seeing thousands dead on the battlefield but to see a village or city pillaged and destroyed or worse was something completely different in his eyes. He had hoped  Lord Janne understood and did not mean any offense, after all it wasn't exactly easy for him to dismiss when he kept constantly thinking there might be someone alive there.

"I was thinking since Captain Nasrin has a more "Elite Force" per say as well as a bit more mobile for the most part, The good Captain would travel north where resistance is thought to be less defended and could perhaps throw in a  pre-emptive strike against the city. To bolster the Captains force, I will send Guang Val with Chu's cavalry force with Him to give more killing power and I do not believe we need mobile forces nor do I think they can used well with the mountain-like terrain. As for me and  Lord Janne since we have more foot soldiers, we would head east and tackle the main force, drawing their attention to the Captain can a spearhead into the heart of the enemy. I do not believe numbers should an issue due to most of here numbers being of the undead such as walkers(zombies) and skeletons although I do believe they have smaller numbers of actual troops and demons which would be harder to kill......your thoughts?....Will it work or I am crazy?"

joylss

Contemplating their apparent circumstances, Zeng Xia's forces may deploy consummate armies at their dispense to boast their flair. With only 7500 of his own, the Parsian unit is bounded by curbs of manpower ---- though, the commendable praise of his tactical abilities have thus far enhanced their competence, prowess of the strength of Parsian steel which shed fear down the capricious dubiety of their enemies. Nasrin does not hesitate to consider Vaisravana's proposition, however much folly it may seem.

"To operate at a laudable distance may suffice to concede my cavalry to best serve its renowned purpose, wayward it may seem, General Vaisravana -------- you have my consent." his aptitude to relay profound dignity is wrought through the intricacy of his speech, his cadence a conspicuous inheritance of leadership and exalted prospects, a testament to the prevail of genetics transcended from sons of the line of Caileth.

Directive onslaught shall be his manner of avoidance, should any of Xia's forces draw nigh his wanting unit. Therefore, stratagems to outwit the enemy is best procured when pitted against an army as exuberant as three hundred thousand forces or more. Lives of his men and those who willingly offered them for the alliance will not be seen as elements to be expanded liberally, as Nasrin has already witness upon hindsight ---- for it is not the dead who will endure the consequential dolor of a war, but, the families of profound victims who shall squander their sorrow in the passing of beloved kinsfolk.

"Villagers they might be ---- certainly, to forsake them on the war's behalf is consensually a choice whom shall patently grant us all an undulated notion. However, your unsettled demand proves a great flummox. As you said, you are not against defending them on their behalf, what is there to ponder then, should I request an honour of solicitude: what purpose shall there be in this war if not whet to the motive of saving lives?"

(OOC: Nas is basically telling Vais to make a decision to save the villagers if not the village :3c)

Gawfy

Janne tried to  keep his composure as General Vais informed every one of the Unsure status of the villages. While we do fight a war we must think of the people affected by this war. If not for this Union of nations Janne would be out there in the thick of the fighting! He made a fist at his side. Think of it as a martyrdom Gawfy said as he entered the tent. Its better for a few hundred to die then the thousands that will because we could not drive them back. Gawfy said coldly as he stood next to Janne.

You, You are right. Janne muttered as he regained composure. Would it not be possible to send Nasrin's unit to check on them? Since they are all Calvary they could move quickly, Id even be willing to part with one of my officers to help. As he motioned to Gawfy. An officer from General Vais, King Arisalan's Forces and officer and ill offer my Best solder, What better way to Represent our Union? Janne asked as he turned his attention back to the map.

Kham, wasnt this a mining town before the demons took hold? Janne said as he pointed to it. If so they must have a way through the mountains no? He asked

Vais

Vaisravana was shocked at the very least although he tried his best to not show it, He had expected more of from Lord Janne, being a man of higher honor even more then himself that choose to give up everything up to defend such peasents who could not defend themselves or too weak.  At the same he did understand both Lord Janne and Gawfy, fully knowing this battle was important, If not one of the most important battles of all humanity for they fail, this might prove end of humanity itself and Vaisravana would not let that happen at any cost even at the stake of his very own life but.....inside his warrior spirit roared at him like an enraged dragon ready to take on the world. He knew as well he could not let those people die no matter what or else he be breaking his own code of honour which he would stand for one bit.

Changing his tone to a dark and bold but serious tone at the same tone, he had made his decision. His firerly spirit would soon become apparent to all those nearby.

"A King must lead by example no matter what or how does one expect Vassels, troops or civilians to obey, respect and honour what is given to them? They may not be my own blood, they may not be my own people but like hell Ill leave them to die! It would go against my code of honor and my very nature to leave those people to die. All lives are equal and will be treated as such or those who disagree will die by my blade!"

With that outburst of energy, it had certainly attracted some attention from outside no doubt but it became obvious when his Oath sister, Suzetta and his adopted daughter Xiao Wa rushed in although they no time to talk as Vaisravana instantly commanded them the moment they walked in.

" Dragon Commander Suzetta, you will take my Long zhanshì along with my daughter and you will head for the Villages and save all those you can and show the Will of the Heaven's mercy to those who cant....KILL THOSE DEMONIC BASTARDS WHO WOULD HARM THE WEAK AND DEFLENESS! SHOW THEM THE WRATH OF THE DRAGON GUARD AND SHOW NO QUATER TO THOSE BASTARDS...THIS I COMMAND YOU!"

Suzetta nodded her head as hey eyes closed

"fear not It shall be done brother even at the stake of my own life."

Suzetta then departed the tent at once, however Xiao Wa was frozen in place, never seeing her father so fired up and serious. In her mind now, she was somewhat thankful she had never came with him before to war and to see him so intense and serious was not something she had seen before compared to seeing him visiting her and her sisters and being laid back and friendly.  Now her father now was a frighting man standing before her. She sucked it up and kneeled before him after a moment after Suzetta departed the tent. She put her right hand on her heart and closed her eyes.

"I will not fail you father, I will kill every one of those Bastards in your honour and save those who can't defend themselves or die trying."

"Good...now go and do not fail me for there is no room for mistakes in this battle."

With that, he dismissed his daughter whom left the tent and looked back at the lords around the war table.

Tags: