Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A matter of life and death (OPEN)

Started by You had to see it, January 16, 2017, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You had to see it

Azzerad smirked at the comment. Oh, how little the human knew of death. This conflict, however, was growing tiresome. There was still a ritual to complete and he could not waste the entire night sparring with mortals playing hero. He extended his hand and felt the blood in the hunter's body. He started by blocking the flow of blood to the human's arms.

Gawfy

Gawfy felt his arms drop to his sides as they stopped responding. He then adopted a death grip on his sword. I take it you are a magic user? He said as he jumped back.

You had to see it

Azzerad grinned rather condescendingly, his arm still outstretched. "I couldn't possibly know where you would get that sort of idea." His grin then dropped. "Listen, boy,  I could have killed you before you even saw my face. As humorous as this has been I must be getting on with my work, so I'll give you a choice. Either you surrender and I give you a swift beheading or I start bursting the veins in your body, and you die a slow and agonizing death."

Gawfy

You drive a hard bargain. He said as he took a knee to catch his breath. You are a real nasty son of a whore you know that? He said with Venom in his voice. Im going to give you a choice. You can leave and never come back, or force me to use my trump card. He said as he stood up.

You had to see it

Azzerad took a brief moment to ponder what such a trump card could possibly be. His senses could not detect that the boy was lying so this could actually be a gamble. He still favored his odds against what a mortal would consider a winning hand.

"Cute" and with that he began by popping the femoral artery in his left leg. "I'd give you five minutes maximum."

Gawfy

He felt his leg shoot in pain and with that he let himself get thrown over the edge. He Let out a scream ,but not of fear or pain but of anger. The rivets that adorned his armor punched through his flesh with a nasty tear and crackles of bone. One more wave of Steel washed over his head, changing the shape of the dog to that of a wolf. His yell then Modulated to that of a wolf's Howl. His eyes Now Glaring through the helm at the only living thing standing. With Paranormal Speed he charged with his sword held in front of him as the Cobblestone Rended From out under his feet.

You had to see it

Azzerad was taken aback by the sudden change of pace. He heard what sounded like metal pushing through flesh as the helmet changed. The armor must have had some form of magical properties that allowed him to keep fighting. Many of his colleagues in the Cabal would have been fascinated by such a discovery, yet Azzerad was only angered. Well he wasn't the only one who had hidden weapons.

The spirits inside Soulkeeper were constantly pleading to be set free. Now they would have another opportunity to do so. Suddenly hundreds of ghostly figures screamed as they rocketed out of their prison, they swarmed the living being in front of them in a fit of insane rage.

Gawfy

Those screams had no effect as he begun swinging at the malformed beings. Every chop being faster than the last, Cleaving straight through the Spirits leaving behind fatal wounds even to those not of the material world. While he did this he did not stop moving towards the vampire. Soon he was upon him swinging another Overhead strike. This one being leagues faster and more powerful.

You had to see it

Azzerad briefly remembered the feeling of fear as the armored man... no, creature, charged forward. He also pondered how his more magically inclined allies would have killed to know how a sword could kill ghosts, but then again they seemed very liberal in their application of murder. All this only took milliseconds to process as his brain was now working overtime. Despite the significant power increase, he was still relying on the same tactics to carry the day. Azzerad would have to switch up his tactics. He practically flew to his left, jumping out of sight as the spirits obstructed the berzerkers view. As soon as he landed he immediately pressed against a larger crypt, hoping the ruse would work.

Gawfy

Bringing it down as hard as he could he Smashed the earth the man was just standing on kicking up dirt and years old grime. He Did not feel the crumpling of armor. he did not think too breifly on it as more spirits Came forth and occupied his attention. Like a whirlwind of death he hacked and slashed all that remained leaving the graveyard silent save for his harsh breathing. After they had been slain Gawfy stood there moving his head back and forth looking and listening for any signs of movement.

You had to see it

It had worked. He listened carefully to the hunter's movements, and as he did so he could pick up his heart beating erratically. The armor allowed him to continue the fight, but he was still bleeding out. All he needed to do was outlast his hunter, then he could finally resurrect his friend and leave this place behind. He quickly began to fly towards the sky, and out of reach of the hunter.

Gawfy

The Vampire was right he was still bleeding out, but not for long. Inside his body the armor was replacing the missing femoral artery with metal. Gawfy just stood looking at the vampire waiting for an opportune moment to strike.

Tags: