Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Everything's Changed (Blinkers)

Started by Salzem, January 25, 2017, 04:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

Aeizith actually grinned through his exhaustion as Amber picked up her training rather well, a figure starting to take shape from the little snow-ball. In fact, it looked as if it was going to be the shape of a person, but it stopped before the torso could be fully crafted and the details could be scratched into it's surface. In fact, it look more like a bloated sea-star more than anything else but nonetheless, the little ice dragon couldn't have been prouder. He wrapped his arm around the little girl's shoulders, pulling the little one into a hug as he stared at the icy statue that would soon be her homework for the next few days... It was like when he first discovered he had an affinity for art himself, making little statuettes out of ice and snow, slowly learning the importance of detail and the need for perfection... In his eyes, this little thing WAS perfection... He'd place it on one of his shelves in his bedroom if it were not an important tool in Amber's education.

"You're a n-natural!" He praised her not a single word being an exaggeration. "In a l-little w-while, you'll be b-better than m-me!"

-x-

At the dinner table, Aeizith was actually surprised at how fast Amber picked up on dinner, shoveling food from the table, onto her plate, into her mouth and repeat. Even at his most ravenous, when he was literally starving from his lack of blood, Aeizith never, ever ate that fast. One would think that she hadn't eaten in weeks with how much food she was devouring, but it didn't worry him in the least... All it meant was that she was growing and that the little-one needed some more sustenance than normal...

Silver came down not so long after Amber began her feeding frenzy, sitting down beside the ice dragon, almost roboticly shoveling food onto her plate, but not touching it afterwords. In fact, she stared deep into her meat-and-potatoes, seemingly studying each lump and dent, each trench and drop of juice as if each atom inside contained a piece of the message of the universe. As if knowing what the other was thinking, as the little ice dragon placed his hand on her back, gently rubbing it, she placed her hand on his thigh, the two looking at eachother and sharing a quick smile before they returned to their regularly scheduled behavior... Things went on as they usually did, the assassins chatting amongst themselves, Amber just LOVING her food with a passion, Silver and Aeizith seemed the only exceptions to this rule... They were quiet, almost inert, nod doing or saying much of anything until Silver actually did first.

Looking over at her daughter, she asked that the moment she was done she head up to her room and wait there for a bit, that she and Aeizith needed to talk to her up there and that they would be their shortly. As if sensing the potential for fear, Aeizith gently reached over to his sweet Amber and gently took her hand, squeezing it gently.

"D-don't worry, Amber... E-everything's okay... D-do you want someone with y-you...?" If she did, Aeizith would send one of the younger assassins up with Amber to keep her entertained, to give her a friend, while the master and mistress of the house were left alone at the table once again, the other assassins picking up that they needed to be alone. Almost shaking, the little ice dragon would turn to face his love, a worried expression on his face.

"W-w-what do y-you want t-to talk a-about...?" He asked, unsure and as innocent as ever.

Blink

Abiding her mother's wishes Amber slid out of her chair and slowly made her way out of the dining room, careful to pause and turn around for one last look before scurrying off upstairs. This was the first time she had walked throughout the house alone, and honestly it was not near as bad as she thought it would be. Ascending the stairs she allowed her fingers to skim the railing, the cool and smooth feeling of wood beneath her hands mesmerizing. Once she reached the top of the stairs she started down the hallway to her room, pausing in front of the door she was told not to enter. Tilting her head a bit she stared at the closed portal to a place she wanted to enter so badly, only because she was told not to.

Resisting the urge to open the door she turned away from it and started down the hall, this small adventure full of so many distractions. She had only gotten a few steps away when she thought she heard a clunk in the forbidden room. Whipping around on her feet she stared at the door once more, her curiosity peaked more than ever now. But after several moments of staring and listening no further sound was heard and so she once again started towards her room. Once inside she made sure to leave the door open, sitting down on the floor just inside with legs crossed Indian style and elbows on her legs.

Silver waited a few moments before waiting to speak about what she had thought of throughout the day. Locking eyes with Aeizith her expression quickly turned serious as she began her discussion. "First, I want you to know the way you treated Jacobi was the best example of rude I could possible fathom." Leaning back in her chair she crossed her arms over one another, an attempt to become more comfortable but let it be known she was upset. "Let us just say in some alternate universe it was you I killed years ago... that I had your child. The last thing you knew was that we were madly in love, due to be wed... then nothing." Allowing a pause she wanted the thought to sink in a bit. "Now imagine waking up six years later and coming to find me, finding that not only had I moved on but I had your child and that someone was raising it."

"I am the one who took everything from Jacobi. So, as far as I am concerned he had every right to come looking for answers. And to be treated with the hostility you displayed was simply horrible." Sighing she then crossed her legs to mirror her arms, her demeanor growing more irritated. "You know how I feel about you... but you also know how I felt about him so I am trying to understand, but I'm coming up short. All that matters is that I chose you and so, because of this decision I must make another difficult one." Now with all of the negative things she had to say out of the way Silver lightened up a bit, ready to move on with the conversation and put that first bit locked away behind some door forever.

"Amber is his child. He has every right to be as much of a part of her life as you do and so I have come up with a plan that I will propose to him when he comes back a week from now. Amber will go with Jacobi so that they may attempt to gain the relationship I took from them. She will know what it is like to have multiple people loving and raising her... something that neither of you or I were able to experience." Softening her gaze she now sat up straight in her chair, scooting to the end of it as she uncrossed her arms and reached one out to lay her hand on Aeizith's leg once more. "But I also want you to be as much a part of her life as he is. I want you to be her father and pass down the morals instilled in you... it is your right just as much as his as far as I am concerned. You are the one who opened your home to us without any notice. You are the one who took Amber in as if she were your own from the moment you met her, and from that you have shown me how loving of a person you can be."

"I imagine while Amber is away you will be restless, so I suggest we get out of the house or something. Perhaps go on a job ourselves or something?" Scooting even further up on her chair her bottom was now barely even on it as she took her other hand and placed it on Aeizith's other knee. Leaning in as far as she could while remaining in the chair Silver gazed into his beautiful crimson eyes pouring as much love and compassion into her stare that was humanly possible. "I am not going anywhere. You are stuck with me... for as long as I am graced with breath I will be beside you Aeizith. So don't ever worry about me leaving please."

Salzem

Aeizith smiled at Amber as she paused at the steps, giving her family one last look before disappearing upstairs, leaving the two adults alone. As if thinking the same thing, the two waited and listened for the sound of their little girl 's door opening and closing before beginning their "adult conversation." Silver began with stating flat out that the hostility he had displayed was absolutely despicable, that he he should place himself in Jacobi's shoes and understand what was going on in his head. He should've sympathized with him the moment he saw him, let the man inside and let him see the life he had lost, even if he could not live it. He should've let his humanity go in that moment, show that he could be a man to be proud of, rather than the dragon he was raised to be... But instead, his draconic territorial nature had shined through and he might as well have assaulted the man for no other reason than fear... Fear that the life he was about to live was going to be taken away. Some might say that's well justified, that with the return of Silver's old love, he should be right to be suspicious, maybe even angry, but Aeizith had taken it 3 steps too far... If anything, it was like he was turning into Emilia, perfectly willing and perfectly capable of ripping Jacobi apart because he was afraid of loss... How could he be so stupid to think that a poor, grieving man would warrent such a reaction...? Fear. That's how. And it was a stupid justification.

"I-I'm sorry..." Aeizith mumbled, finding it suddenly difficult to maintain eye-contact with with gir- no, woman he loved. "I-I h-have n-no excuse for m-my actions b-besides that I w-was a-afraid... I-I'm an idiot... I-I'll apologize to J-jacobi too... H-he deserves it...." Silver then stated that she came to a decision, that she was going to send Amber off with her former love the next time he comes around so that they could kindle the relationship they never got to have. Before the little ice dragon could even continue, Silver stated that she wanted him to be as important to Amber as Jacobi was, uncrossing her arms and placing a hand upon his leg. She wanted him to be her father, to pass down the morals he had learned, that it was his right as much as she was concerned. Aeizith was stunned to say the least, even more-so when Silver placed her other hand on Aeizith's other leg and leaned in as close as she could while sitting on her chair, her orchid eyes glowing with such love and such warmth, the little ice dragon could have melted away in that chair in an instant.

She stated that he'd probably be restless without his little girl around so that maybe they should go on a job or something, something to keep his mind off the fact that his sweet little Amber wouldn't be there in about a week. Finally, inching a little closer, their faces just inches apart, Silver stated that he'd never have to  worry about him being left like that, that so long as Silver drew breath, she'd stand beside him... Without another word, the little ice dragon closed the remaining distance, wrapping his arms around Silver's back and placing his lips on hers, kissing her with so much love, such compassion... it was indescribable. He gently caressed her cheek with his hand as their lips remained locked for as long as she had breath (if she let it) before pulling away, staring into her eyes with as much love and warmth as possible.

"I love you, Silver... I love you so much..."

Blink

Before she knew it Silver's lips were upon Aeizith's and they were locked in a kiss that was just as intense as the first ones they shared months ago. The kiss itself pulled Silver in, and so she in a swift movement slid out of her chair and onto Aeizith's lap, a leg at each side and hands grasping the back of his chair as she continued locking her lips with his. When the kiss was finally over she simply rested her head on his shoulder for a moment, bringing up her arms a bit to wrap around his neck as she just sat there in his embrace. His words of love responded to by her simple hug. She wanted to sit like this for all eternity, her body so close to his with nothing shared but the mere knowing that they were there for each other. But at some point all good things do come to an end and so Silver slowly unwrapped her arms and sat back a bit, her eyes now level with his. "Now we have to go explain everything to Amber..." the evident fear of what the little girl may do reflected in the mother's eyes.

Sliding off of his lap Silver made quick work of making her way upstairs, and to her suprise Amber was practically sitting in her doorway, clearly pushing the limits of 'sitting in her room'. Bending down Silver kissed her daughter on the forehead and grabbed her hand, now leading her to the side of her bed before helping her onto the edge of it, her short legs dangling off the side. Silver then took her place beside Amber and drew in a deep breath not quite sure how this was all going to go.

"That man that showed up today was your father." Silver's words simple and to the point so that no confusion could be drawn from them. "He did not know about you until today, so he never came looking for you." Silver managed to leave out all the complex details of the situation to spare Amber's poor imagination. She need not know that Silver had killed him and that by some miracle he was alive again. However, despite her mother's best efforts Amber was still full of questions. Her theory this entire time now proven to be wrong. Shifting her eyes to Aeizith who was no doubt in the room somewhere by now Amber finally spoke up.

"So Aeizey is not my papa?" Her question directed at Silver but her eyes still locked on him. Silver drew in a deep breath before extending an arm and patting Amber on the back. "Aeizith is just as much your papa as Jacobi."

"Jacobi" his name bounced around her mind for a few moments. These last few days had proven to be quite the challenge for the little girl, and now to top it all off there was all of this. Silver interupted Amber's thoughts with more words. "He will be back in a weeks time. I will be sending you with him so that you may get to know him better. I want you to be the best version of yourself you can manage." Amber took this as a challenge, one that she would do her best to complete successfully. But then fear struck her heart so quickly she didn't even have time to even try and stop the tears.

"Your sending me away again? Do I get to come back?" Smiling Silver nodded at her daughter to wipe the worrysome question away. "Of course you will be coming back! Aeizith and I could not live without you!" With her hand still on Amber's back Silver pulled the little girl in for a hug, kissing the top of her head when she did. "This will always be your home. We will always be here waiting for you when you leave. No matter how old you get or tired of us you grow we will always be here waiting." Silver then looked to Aeizith in hopes he had some words of encouragement for the little girl as well.

Salzem

Aeizith was steadily growing more and more aroused as Silver matched his kiss with hers, rising from her own seat and sitting on his legs in an effort to push their kiss even closer... It was so close, so intimate, so interactive between tongue, lip and hand that it easily rivaled their first kiss all those months ago... In fact, it made it look modest compared to this one... The dragon pulled away for but a moment for air before kissing her again and again, pulling her as close to him as their faces would allow, holding their lips together for the longest time before Silver pulled away herself, wrapping her arms around his neck and resting her head softly on his shoulder. In response, the little ice dragon's grip softened exponentially, holding her far more gently, one arm rising up so that it rested gently on her shoulder-blade and the other lowering so that it draped around her waist, holding her in a hug-like position as he softly pecked her cheek.

When he stated how much he loved her, Silver simply tightened her hug on him causing the little ice dragon to do the same, letting out a happy sigh, burrowing his face in the half-elf's soft white hair. He was so happy... He could sit there with her forever and just hold his sweet Silver, letting her warmth and love flow through him and his through her, the best of friends, lovers and family... In those few moments, there was nothing... no world, no house, nothing but he and Silver... He was so intoxicated by her textures... her smile... her smell and her presence... He simply couldn't get enough! For all her flaws, it was those that made her perfect in every way... She was his... and he was hers... that's all there was too it and nothing else mattered...

Except it did though... Having far more integrity than Aeizith, Silver was the first to pull away and acknowledge their actual lives, reminding him that they had to tell their daughter about Jacobi, her eyes almost flooding with fear. He only smiled and pulled his sweet into another embrace, softly kissing her lips and hugging her once more.

"It'll be okay..." He whispered in her ear, before kissing it too before pulling away, smiling at her sweetly. "I promise..." With that, Silver slipped off his lap and made her way upstairs with Aeizith close behind, walking their way up to Amber's room only to find her actually sitting in the doorway. Without missing a beat, both parental figures bent down and placed a kiss upon the little girl, one on her forehead, the other on her cheek before they took her hands and walked her inside, Silver helping Amber onto the edge of the bed whilst Aeizith sat beside.

Silver began explaining everything, that Jacobi was her father and that he didn't know about her until today, the reason behind him not seeking her out sooner. When Amber asked if Aeizith wasn't her real dad, he was about to admit that no, he didn't birth her, that he was only filling the role as a parent, before Silver spoke first, stating that he was as much of her father as Jacobi was himself... That shut him up real fast and he only beamed at his love on the other side of the bed. Silver and Amber talked about how the older half-elf was going to be sending her off to live with Jacobi for a while to creat the bond between him and her that never had the opportunity to grow before.

"Don't worry, little one..." Aeizith murmured, pulling Amber into a gentle embrace, rubbing her head gently. "W-we always will l-love you... N-no matter w-what...." He softly kissed the top of Amber's head before beaming down at the little girl, never wanting to let her go...

Blink

And with that all the air had been cleared about the situation that had occurred. Silver was happy with her choice and everyone that needed to know anything had been informed. All in all although catastrophic at first it seemed that they had managed to get a lot accomplished in the one day. The night ended with Silver showing both Amber and Aeizith the items she had picked up for their daughter that day, going as far as making sure each garment and item was up to her daughters expectations. And now with her own night gown she was tucked into bed before Silver and Aeizith went on to the their room to do the same.

-x- Next day

It was early morning, the sun just barely peaking through the trees as it began its assention into the sky. Standing in the large lawn of the house the white haired girl stared on at the structure... to peaceful. Taking in a deep breath she began striding forwards ready to start the day on a positive note, her hand instinctively rising to her bare ear to remind her how horribly interesting and embarrassing the previous day was. Kaida had actually flown all night to get home, she needed to find her bearings and be reminded of her end goal once more. As she approached one of her brother's on duty assassins approached her, nodding in recognition of who she was. "And what has my simplistic brother been doing these last few weeks?" Kaida full well expecting to be given an entire report. However, the look on the assassins face told another story... one that she had yet to read.

Not waiting a moment longer she stormed on past the guard into the house, making quick work of getting up the stairs and zoning in on their bedroom door. The hallway leading up to her brother's room was eerily quiet, the other tenants either already downstairs starting breakfast or still fast asleep in their all too comfortable beds. Just as she was about to be standing in front of Aeizith's door though the room right next to it caught her eye, the door on it just barely propped open. "What is this?" the question stemming in her mind all too late as she peaked her head in to see the room with various garments of clothes still in crates as if they were just purchased. "Awe how sweet? They went shopping" Bending down Kaida picked up one of the pieces of clothing, this one a dress. Holding it up to her frame and turning towards the mirror Kaida frowned. "Too small.." The confusion continued to build until she saw the slightest bit of movement through the mirror, coming from the bed behind her.

Turning around Kaida could not believe her eyes as she bore down on the figure of a small girl who looked too much like her brother's mutt. Taking a few steps closer she examined the girl closely even going as far as brushing the girl's hair back a bit to reveal an ear with a slightly pointed tip... just like Silver's. So many scenarios were now running through the young dragoness's mind as she tried to piece it all together. This truly was a very peculiar situation. The little girl then moved once more in the bed, this time her eyes fluttering open to reveal a pair of large orchid colored eyes. Jumping back Kaida in pure horror she could not help but yell out. "They cloned it! They cloned the mutt!" Her voice sure to awaken anyone on the floor still slumbering.

Amber was quite shocked as well to wake up to a strange girl staring down at her. Just as the girl screemed so did Amber, the complete horror and shock overwhelming her in her tired state. The moment Amber's scream left her mouth the area around her seemed to fracture, lines of ice traveling outwards from her body. This alone caused Kaida to shutter, pure confusion not even the best way to describe what was happening. "What are you!?" Kaida's eyes as wide as a bewildered animal.

Silver jumped up the moment she heard Kaida's voice quickly followed by her daughters screams. Without even bothering to get fully clothed she hurled out of the bed and through the door, unaware on whether or not Aeizith was even behind her. Barreling out of their bedroom Silver cut around the door to Amber's and stumbled in to find Amber sitting up in her bed, ice seeming to grow from around her. Then on the other side there was Kaida, half climbed up on a chair like a startled animal. Every bit of worry in Silver's mind completely evaporated at the site. So much so that she fell to her knees laughing at the scene before her. Mockingly she managed to insult Kaida between heavy laughs. "A little girl scared the great Kaida Black-Hearth.... AHA! You will never live this down!"

Salzem

-X-

Aeizith was sleeping soundly with his love, his arms wrapped around her torso, holding to his chest like she'd disappear the moment he let go... He didn't have any dreams persay, only an awareness of Silver's divine presence in the bed beside him, his fingers toying with her hair absently as he slept while his other hand wrapped around her waist, holding her too him... The moment he heard screaming, Aeizith shot up from the bed as if he himself was attacked, his love doing the exact same thing at the same time in such a way, one might've thought it was coordinated. He didn't quite catch what was being screamed, what words were being said but all he knew was that someone was in danger in their house and that just wouldn't do! Rushing out of their room behind Silver, they dashed into Amber's room from where the noise originated.... coming face to face with his sister crouched on a chair like a wet cat and Amber freezing herself up, curled in a ball on her bed... While Silver broke down in laughter like this was the funniest joke she'd ever seen, Aeizith curled his pointer-finger towards him and Amber would float into his arms, the little ice dragon enveloping her in a protective grip, the frost on her pale skin immediately dying down and warmth returning to her body. Aeizith smiled down at his little girl, holding her tightly, but comfortably to his chest as Silver was just eating up the situation.

"K-kaida... Uhm..." Aeizith began, his sanguine eyes flicking between his sister, to his little girl, to his wife (he wished... secretly), practically rolling on the floor with laughter. "I-If you'll come w-with me into the hall..." If she would abide, Aeizith would lead her out of Amber's room, the little girl still in his grip if she wished, not wanting to let her go after an experience like this...

"I-I d-don't know h-how to tell y-you but... uh... Y-you're an aunt..." The little ice dragon paused, letting this sink in with his younger sister, also shifting his arms so that Amber could look over to the newest member of her family. Aeizith grinned sheepishly...

"T-this is Kaida..." Aeizith smiled down at the girl in his arms. "K-kaida, this i-is Amber... my daughter..."

Blink

Amber was quickly floated away in Aeizith's arms, his actions causing her own ice to recede. Wide eyed she quietly sat in his arms as he instructed for the girl named 'Kaida' to meet him in the hallway.

Kaida slowly creeped down from atop the chair and made her way towards her brother, stepping over Silver who was still hunched over on the floor laughing her ass off. It wasn't enough for her to be humiliated once the other day, but now this! Attentively she listened as Aeizith spoke and practically choked on her own breath when Aeizith called her an aunt. Twisting her face Kaida took a step back, confusion written on every square inch of her frame. "What do you mean I am an aunt!? I have only been gone a few weeks! This girl is..." Kaida paused to point at Amber. "At least 5 years old!"

Kaida then went as far as to reach for the girl, touching her skin which indeed felt very human. "This girl is not a dragon. Not even half a dragon. Not even a smaller fraction than that!" Placing a hand on each hip Kaida turned away from Aeizith as she began to pace up and down the hall. "Honestly brother I don't know what has gotten into you. First it was the angel, then the mutt. I managed to just barely stand her and now you mean to tell me that this child will bear the Black-Hearth name!? I won't stand for it!"

By now Silver had recovered from her laughing fit and was standing in the doorway, arms crossed as her shoulder leaned against the frame. "Actually she is a Ruscoqui." Not able to allow Kaida to make such presumptions. "She is my child and the child of my ex fiance. I kept her hidden to be safe, but now I know she is just as safe here with your brother and I as where she was."

Silver's words eased Kaida to an extent, thankful the name would not be tarnished any further than it already had been. Kaida turned her gaze to the little girl, still tucked away in her brother's arms. The sight of it making her want to vomit right there on the floor. "Do NOT call me your aunt." A warning to the child before Kaida turned around once more and stormed off to her own room, but not after slamming the door behind her. Once inside her own sanctuary Kaida paced back and forth once more just as she had in the hallway. Who did Aeizith think he was? If Emelia were here right now she would have killed that child in cold blood! The thought causing Kaida to pause in her own footsteps. Was that what she wanted? To kill an innocent child only because her brother had taken a liking to it? Shaking her head she started pacing again, clearly disgusted with the thought herself. "You are not Emelia. You do not eat something just because you are stronger than it. You are Kaida Black-Hearth. Youngest child of the Black-Hearth lineage and clearly the only one left to instill the Black-Hearth values upon the world."

Meanwhile, Silver remained leaning against the door frame, a new sense of purpose born now that Kaida was back home. She would never admit it but poking fun at Kaida was one of her favorite things to do as of late. Constantly reminding the dragon of how far she had truly fallen. Scoffing to herself Silver rolled her eyes before walking past Aeizith, her hand brushing his shoulder before walking back into their own room to get dressed for the day. Amber squeezed herself out of Aeizith's arms and followed her mother into their bedroom, running in and jumping on their bed as if nothing had just happened. The little girl quickly managed to climb herself to the head of the bed, pulling their blankets over herself as she snuggled into the pillows. "Your bed is better. It smells like you."

Silver smiled at Amber's remark, sure that Aeizith would be just as entertained as she was by it. Standing in front of the wardrobe Silver pulled on her normal attire for the day which consisted of a 3/4 length sleeved sweater of sorts dyed a darker hue of purple than her eyes. Next she slipped on her bottoms and belt, not bothering to pick up her daggers that were still laying on the floor where she threw them the night before. She only glanced at them for a second, her expression changing for a fraction of a moment before returning back to a smile as she watched Amber continue on. The small girl had continued to burrow herself in their blankets, making what seemed like a mound in the center of their bed before her head poked out of the top. "Why was that lady so mean to me? Why was she staring at me while I was sleeping? "

Silver was everything but nice as she began to explain Kaida to her daughter, not even bothering to consider how her words may affect Aeizith. "Well honey you see Kaida is a girl who was a spoiled girl once. She had a big sister that gave her everything she ever wanted and never taught her right from wrong. And now her sister is gone and Aeizith is all she has left." Continuing getting ready Silver had told the story like it was nothing more than mere facts.

"But wouldn't that make her sad then since her sister is gone?" Her daughters words causing her to realize more than she had before. Silver felt a pang of guilt in her gut as she turned back to face Amber, taught a lesson by a 6 year old. "I guess your right...."

Salzem

"Kaida.... Calm d-down..." Aeizith erged, but his younger sister wasn't having any of it. It was as if the world was burning all around her and she wasn't even invited! She seemed outraged, confused, maybe even scared that something not even remotely dragon was going to be picking up the Black-Hearth name... Of course, that was never his intention. In fact, he didn't even recognize that title anymore... At this point, they were just people living from day to day rather than plotting every hour for world domination. All the while, Aeizith took her outrage silently, gently running his fingers through Amber's hair in an effort to keep her calm. He was actually surprised that Kaida was still holding onto her old morals and name when she was the only one to see Emilia's downfall, one that was devastating enough to have her betray her cause and come to him as a sister once more... If anything, he'd see her as the first one to forget that whole life and pick up this new one with grace! Not... whatever this was.

The little ice dragon let out a sigh of disgust as Kaida stomped back into her room as if he had embarassed her, but not before demanding that Amber never call her "her aunt". He then looked at Amber lovingly and kissed the top of her head before letting her free from his arms, the little white-haired clone of Silver running up behind her and jumping into their bed, declaring that it was so much better because it smelled like them... Aeizith smiled at his daughter, amused as he got dressed, pulling on his heavy snow-pants, shirt and jacket, following his gloves and boots, fully clad like he was going into a blizzard. It was then that she would ask why Kaida was so mean to her and why she was staring at her while she slept.

The little ice dragon gritted his teeth silently as his not-so-sweet Silver went and mouthed off about his sister, stating how she was spoiled and how her older sibling gave her anything she ever wanted and that now he was all she had left. His anger and disappointment was twofold... One, she was mouthing off about his SISTER of all people, the sibling he loved more than any other and that she was doing it so brazenly, that it was her right! Two, she spoke like these were simply fact and that there was no room for opinion. She spoke as if Kaida were a spoiled brat with no ability to care about anything other than herself or those under her foot and that made him mad...

Amber then noted that if Kaida's sister was gone, she would feel sad, right? Aeizith only nodded silently as guilt washed over his lover, Silver acknowledging the fact that was definitely the case.

"Would you h-help Amber g-get dressed. S-silver?" He asked, his voice ridged. "I'm going t-to talk to my sister..." Without another word, the little ice dragon slipped into the hall, walking down until he came to Kaida's room, wrapping his knuckles on the door.

"K-kaida...?" He asked, his voice almost worried. "I-it's your brother... c-can I come in...?"

Blink

Nodding in acknowledgment Silver walked over to Amber and began to dig through the pile of blankets to find that indeed there was a body attached to the head poking out. "Come on, lets go get you dressed!" Her voice trying to sound encouraging as she led Amber into her own bedroom.

Down the hall Kaida was still pacing back and forth in her bedroom, trying her best to contain the anger bubbling inside of her. Her pacing only halting when she heard her brother's voice on the other side of her wooden door. Not able to help it she rolled her eyes when he stated it was him. "Well no duh" the voice in her head countering. She had every intention of telling him to go away, to just go back to his happy little family while she paced trying to figure out how to rebuild something that no one else seemed to want anymore.... but she didn't. "Come in" her voice sharp and agitated as she continued to her pacing once more, one hand on her hip while she held the other to her mouth trying to figure her life out. She would pace back and forth like this for a few more moments before finally stopping, her glare set on her brother.

"What do you want? Do you want me to leave? Because I cannot stand for you to be here pretending to be something you are not anymore!" The moment she started speaking her rage grew once again, but instead of pacing once more she turned to her window crossing her arms over one another as she peared out of it, her back to Aeizith. "I came home to find that you have fallen even further in your own delusions. You are not a human Aeizith... you are a Black-Hearth dragon." From this point the confessions of how she truly felt came pouring out. "I know you think me crazy to follow in her footsteps... to want to build something with our name. Can you blame me? Emelia raised me while all of you were off gallivanting in your own fantasies! Even if I was betrayed... heartbroken... lied to. I will never forget who I am like you. I am Kaida Black-Hearth, youngest sibling to the lineage and clearly the only one who cares anymore."

Taking in a deep breath her shoulders carried the burden of what felt like a thousand pounds. "I will never lose who I am in the blur of this life. Sometimes it's hard but I will not lose sight of any of it. I will do it differently than her, I will build something that can not crumble... but I hoped I would not be doing it alone." The young dragon was clearly burdened with the task she had set for herself, one that she would embark on, on her own if she had to. It was her hope that Aeizith would come to his senses at some point, see his mistakes... but that was obviously not happening. Lifting her crossed arms a bit she grasped at each of her own shoulders as if giving herself a hug. All it took was one blink for the first tear to fall stream down her cheek, a silent agony she did not want Aeizith to see.

Salzem

Aeizith was not deaf to Kaida's tone, but he pressed on regardless, determined to help his sister through whatever was bothering her, though he was sure he knew... She was openly disgraced by a far less powerful being, a being she actively looks down upon as slaves and food and there was little she could do about it. In fact, it was her older brother that kept her hands tied with Silver being his "wench" by Kaida's terms, making her off-limits to what she considered payback. It must feel like the little ice dragon was betraying her, holding her back purely to spite her...

Aeizith stepped into the little dragoness' room before closing the door behind him, flinching immediately as the younger dragon let out a blast of accusations and insults, claiming that he had forgotten what it meant to be a Black-hearth, that he was living and illusion while she was being lied to, betrayed and heartbroken... Aeizith said nothing, only stuffing his hands into his pockets as he listened to his little sister go off like a bomb. She stated that she was Kaida Black-Hearth, youngest member of the family and that she would never forget who she was... and that she seemed to be the only one who cared anymore... He winced the tiniest bit as Kaida stated that she wouldn't be anything like Emilia, that she would build something that wouldn't crumble... and that she was hoping that she wouldn't have had to do it alone... She wrapped her arms around herself, more closed off a single tear rolling down her cheeks...

Without a single word and faster than a bolt of lightning, Aeizith wrapped his arms around Kaida's smaller body, pulling her into a hug that displayed all the love he'd always have for her, despite all the things she had said a moment ago... Kaida was angry, she was sad, she was tired and afraid and Aeizith could understand... He felt so guilty, staring down at his little sister, remembering how he had hurt her that day when she had first encountered Silver... He couldn't help but thing that had a hand in this and that she was still suffering from those words he spoke, wishing he could've taken them all back even more than he normally did.

"I'm s-so sorry I-I can't be t-the brother you w-want me to be..." Aeizith whispered, holding her a little tighter, whether she struggled or not. "I-I'm not a h-human... but a-a disappointment.... I a-always was... t-to you, t-to Emilia... I was.... AM w-weak... B-but you make me p-proud..." He smiled at his little sister with red glowing eyes, his body perhaps a bit warmer than normal, glowing with his love for his little sister. "I-It's okay... I'm s-scared too... about e-everything... I don't w-want to lose you... Y-you may be Kaida B-Black-Hearth, b-but you're my s-sister too... I l-love you... even i-if you can't l-love me..."

"Y-you're never alone..." He murmured, softly stroking Kaida's hair in an effort to soothe her. "I-I m-may b-be j-just a deluded, s-stupid, w-weak c-coward of a b-brother... b-but will y-you let m-me p-protect you...?"

Blink

Almost instinctively Kaida tried to shrug off the hug, only for her brother to hold her tighter as he apologized to what he had done months ago to her. Was he still thinking of that? Kaida had long ago moved on from it, realizing his words were brought on by her own words and actions. The dragon may have been young but she was not naive. She knew that if she were going to spit words as hurtful as those that he would react, that is what she wanted. It was when Aeizith started to stroke her hair that Kaida forced herself out of his embrace, not able to stand the feeling any longer. Emelia used to play with her hair and now the simple action made her want to shed her own skin.

"You are not weak... you are not stupid.... you are not a coward." Uncrossing her arms Kaida let out a breath, willing to release some of the tension that had been building. "You are however forgetful. Forgetful of what our name should stand for. I don't need you to protect me. What I need is for you to stand beside me. To help me in my mission of fixing everything that was broken!" Afraid that Aeizith may try to get her in another embrace Kaida took a few steps back from him, her face full of hurt. "I want to fix this. I want to fix what was destroyed and tainted and ruined by our sister."

"I want to be recognized for what we are... a breed of dragons unlike any other, which is as it should be. Except I don't need to trick people like she did. I don't need to eat and enslave humans... I just need them to fear and respect me. I had hoped that at least one other sibling of mine had the same ideals but none of you do. Electi has been missing for months! Long before Emelia disappeared. Eira has sunken so deeply into the human world she may as well be one. And then we come full circle to you Aeizith. The only one who I thought maybe just maybe would want that life. But then not only do you go and get yourself turned into an impure hybrid but you get with a mutt!"

Kaida's rant had gotten her all stirred up again, the anger within her at its surface once more. "I may have saved her from the citadel for you but that does not mean I accept her or that.... mini mutt. I don't care if you love them but brother you have seriously spun yourself so deeply into a world that does not belong to you. What will you do when she dies? Her lifespan clearly a heck of a lot shorter than ours. That girl is nothing but a blink in our lifetime and yet you are willing to throw everything away for her." Kaida knew her words would hurt her brother but they had to be said. She knew he would probably hate her for the way she spoke of Silver and her mini clone but at this point what else did she have to lose? Of course she had a room here but this was not her home... she didn't have one anymore.

"I will not ask you to choose only because I know what your answer would be. You chose that girl one too many times over me." Kaida had long ago realized what she must do, what decision had to be made. When Aeizith showed her the little girl it only solidified her fears. "I am leaving again. But this time I am not coming back. Our worlds are too different now and being here only holds me back."

Salzem

Aeizith didn't resist when Kaida chose to pull away from his embrace, Kaida stating that he was forgetful and that she wanted him to stand by him rather than in front of her as a shield. He remembered Emilia saying someone along those lines when she first inducted them into her corp of Black-Hearth soldiers, stating that she didn't want them as guardians or fodder, but as equals and look at how that turned out. She was just as eager to cast Aeizith and Eira aside rather than work with them... Some older sister she was and now Kaida was practically emulating her almost completely! It was a scary thought indeed...

It was as if she was actively trying to convince him that he should stand alongside her, that she didn't want to conquer or enslave humans, that she didn't want do devour them whole like Emilia always did. What she wanted was to be feared, to be respected for the dragon that she was! She wanted to feel superior above all others and be comfortable with her place a the top. What Kaida wanted was to stand above everyone else and declare herself their superiors, only without everything below her being wiped out in the process. She accused him that she didn't see clearly, that she'd be gone in a blink of an eye in their live time and that it was ridiculous that he'd through everything away for that. Aeizith said nothing, his expression complex, because Kaida was right on the surface. Silver wasn't even a baby compared to his age. He could outlive her a hundred-thousand times and yet, that time would feel more lonely, even as his power rose with his age. He could stomp cities under his claws, freeze civilizations to mere dust, become the ultimate ruler of the world with everything under the shadows of his wings.... But what would it be worth...? Nothing... It gets one nothing... Oh, the instinct was there... gods, it was there... Aeizith at any moment could turn into a territorial killing machine, establish his hope on a mountain top and lay waste to everything underneath just to prove his strength... but to who...? He knew his limits... Everyone knows a dragon's potential beit by story or by experience... Who was Kaida trying to prove this too, herself?

"Fear doesn't last." Aeizith warned her, stuffing his hands back into his pockets, his eyes sad, but not regretting his position. As he spoke, his stutter seemed to disappear, his voice cool and calm. "I should know. One day, when you are at the top, someone will realize you're not as strong anymore and they will take you down to secure their place or maybe just for protection. It doesn't work. I won't tell you what you should and should not do. You are old enough to make these decisions and I will not stop whatever you have in mind but this? Aeizith gestured around the house with his hand, his eyes never leaving hers. "...This is mine. Even if it lasts for only a blink of my life-time, its mine and I cherish it. I am happy here because these people love me. They understand me. I don't have to kill them or raid them  for respect because I let them know what I am. And long after their gone, their children will be the same way... You don't have to have them in your claws either, Kaida... You don't have to manipulate and scheme to get your way. You can be happy living on this level if you'd only let me show you how." Aeizith put his fist to his chest, hitting it with enough force to make a noise. "I am Aeizith Black-Hearth, a dragon that can level the world if I so desire and I chose to preserve it instead, my piece anyway." If Kaida would still be firmly against his offer, Aeizith would only and wait for Kaida to go, nothing more really needing to be said. He tried his hardest... he really did... but if she was so firmly against learning how to live with these people, well... that was her right.

Blink

Whipping her head around at his comment of fear never lasting Kaida took a threatening step towards her brother. Not so much to give hint to an impending assault, but more of a defensive stance. "Maybe I was wrong... you are deluded. I want us to be recognized for everything we are! I am proud of my birthright and proud to say that I was born a Black-Hearth dragon. A subspecies to already magnificent beasts that deserves recognition. I want others to look at us as they would a poisonous viper. Deadly, agile, dangerous... yet beautiful."

Rolling her eyes at his next declaration on who he was, a dragon who could level the world if he wanted, Kaida couldn't help herself. "Who sounds like Emelia now?" The words spit from her tongue with pure disdain. "So full of yourself thinking you have that kind of power and your doing the world a favor by not destroying it...Get over yourself Aeizith." Her last words as she made her way towards the door, only to slam it shut behind her as she finished. This time, unlike others, Kaida did not cry a single tear. Leaving her brother this time meant she was doing what was meant to happen from the start. Both of them clearly on different paths. One day they would surely cross paths again, but next time she would be different... no longer the 'baby' sister he thought of her as.

With each stride down the stairwell Kaida's ambition grew stronger. It was almost as if the more distance she put between herself and Aeizith the more sure she was of her end game now. "Let them think I am just like Emelia. Let them think I am nothing but a whiny bratty child... I will show them 'what' I really am one day." Soon she found herself at the front door and without hesitation she opened it and exited, never looking back.

Silver had heard most of the argument from down the hall despite how much she tried to occupy her mind with getting Amber dressed. "What are they fighting about mommy?" Amber's prodding already emerging. "... just be happy you are an only child." Silver's only remark to the situation. The half elven woman was more concerned with how this would effect Aeizith... how much would this destroy his perfect little slice of life he had built for himself? Or would it affect him at all?

Sliding the last article of clothing over Amber's frame Silver then grabbed her hand and led her out of the bedroom, her plan to take Amber down for breakfast at least. But standing there in the hall she saw Kaida exit her room, slamming the door behind her before descending the stairs. Kaida didn't even look at her, much less acknowledge her existence... strange. She waited to hear the door downstairs open and close before taking a few more steps towards the room with Amber in tow. "Aeizith? Is everything okay?"

Salzem

Aeizith said nothing as Kaida declared her intentions again, that she wanted them all to be recognized as the beings they were, something to be worshiped as a thing of majesty, of royalty rather than the average human existence they were having now. Where the little ice dragon was content living out his years with a person he loved, someone he could spend his power protecting instead of enslaving, Kaida craved a world under her claws, where she had power and everyone knew it. She wanted to be the dominating figure in Aeizith's mind, that everyone would bow at her feet on pure reputation alone... She wanted to be a better Emilia because Emilia needed to massacre to gain an ally.

"Have a good life." Aeizith muttered as he watched his little sister storm past him, the dragon catching the door handle before it could slam, instead leaving it hanging open a crack... He didn't move, instead staring out the massive window in front of which his little sister once stood... No matter how he tried to provide a good life for her, all she could think of was the potential of power and recognition, the apparent need for her claws to be licked and her tail to be stroked, to be recognized as the best, a god or worse. Aeizith didn't shed a single tear no matter how much he wanted to or even felt he needed to. She couldn't be saved... Was what he kept saying over and over, but that quickly devolved into I couldn't save her... What madness had consumed his little sister was the same that consumed his elder... It was over... there was no coming back from it... She was determined to embody the dragons of old and the dragons of now so who was he to stand in her way other than her older brother, guardian and friend? Who was he to override her judgement and tell her what was best for her? Her older brother, that's who and yet he didn't do a single thing. He only stood and stared out that window, watching her leave.

It was only after Sliver peeked into the room, asking if everything was okay did the dragon move, turning his head just enough so he could see his little girl and girlfriend, raising a hand to his face and caressing his brow with his fingers.

"She's an adult now." Was all he would say, kicking a pillow as he made his way out of the room which may or may not have been an accident. Quietly, Aeizith began to descend, his dragonic aspects coming to light in a much more subtle way. This was his territory now... and if Kaida didn't return on her knees... well... Dragons in other dragons' territory tend to fight...

The little ice dragon made his way downstairs and very calmy closed fthe front door Kaida left wide open, letting out a deep sigh of... regret...?

Blink

All Silver could do was watch Aeizith as he descended the stairs and made his way to the open door. "Amber would you please go into the dining room for breakfast. Aeizith and I will join you shortly." The little girl had slowly began to grow more comfortable in the home, and going to the dining room was a great example. Amber now knew that it was not enemies waiting for her in that part of the house, but plates upon plates of food... delicious food. But still she was irritated that she was constantly being told to go on ahead without them, mentally noting how this was at least the third time they had done something like this.

Silver waited to see Amber disappear around the corner before she began her approach on Aeizith, walking up behind him to wrap her arms around his torso. "Do you remember what I told you before? That family squabbles were only temporary and that no matter what your sister still loves you." With her arms still wrapped around him from behind Silver continued, hoping her words of encouragement would help in the situation. "I am sorry for making jabs at her before. And I am sorry that you two do not see eye to eye right now. But I know your little sister loves you.... I just know it."

Amber by now had arrived in the dining room and was pondering what she could do to finally make her two role models see how much she loved them. With a little help from a few of the assassins the little girl was able to have a large blanket taken outside and laid on the ground and after a few other trips it was filled with many of the food options from inside the house. It was still early out, but the sun had already began to take its place in the sky and the birds were already chirping in the trees. Today was going to be a beautiful day, she could feel it in every bone in her body. Taking one last trip inside Amber grabbed three plates, one for each of them, and brought it outside to lay beside the food still on platters just waiting to be eaten.

Salzem

As Aeizith shut the door, he felt the arms of Silver wrap around his stomach and and chest from behind, holding him to her softly in some attempt to salvage the situation. It would be plainly obvious that he wasn't happy with her either, under the impression that she was at least part of the reason that Kaida had left they way she did and choosing her side. She apologized for actively and knowingly antagonizing his sister and for the current status of their relationship but apologies never fixed anything. It was the one thing he learned from his elder sister. He didn't even know if she understood the full weight of what was going on here... When a dragon leaves their home, they might as well be someone completely and utterly different because if they decide to come back, they are no longer family. Servant or enemy and Aeizith had been both. Now Kaida would have to decide which one she wanted to be because she won't leave them alone... She wasn't the kind of person to leave these kinds of loose ends up and, honestly, he wasn't either anymore.

The little ice dragon flinched as Silver claimed that Kaida still loved him, that she just knew it, but she really didn't... Unless she did and she was just trying to keep him from utter depression and that was even worse. It was either untrue or a lie and the little ice dragon wasn't in the mood for either. Kaida's world and his were just too different for her to give a damn about him anymore, especially now with her inner seed of Emilia now sprouting from the soil that was her potential. There was nothing more to be said than his old family was dead. D E A D, dead.

"Silver... D-dragons work l-like this...." He spoke without turning around, her arms still wrapped around him. "W-we don't just l-let people back in w-who leaves u-us like this, either into our hearts o-or our s-service. We are too o-old, kn-know too much, s-seen so many things t-that we know w-what her l-leaving means... W-we are t-typically loyal t-to our companions... T-they know w-where we s-stand... and i-if Kaida w-wants to conquer r-rather than l-live peacefully... I-I cannot s-stop her."

With a sigh, he'd shift his way around in her grip and return her hug. gently resting his head on her shoulders while his arms wrapped around her torso as well.

"Lets g-go eat..." He'd whisper before pulling away, smiling the tiniest bit. Aeizith would head over to the breakfast table to see that she wasn't there... Immediately, Aeizith looked around the house, knowing that she didn't go upstairs, starting to get frightened as each room was as barren as the last. Finally, he poked his head outside and sighed with relief, seeing that somehow she had managed to bring a full breakfast picnic outside without either of her parents noticing. He smiled, turning back to Silver and placing the softest of kisses on her lips before making his way out to where his little Amber sat on the blanket, setting himself down right beside her.

"D-did you d-do this all b-by yourself...?" He asked, softly patting her back.

Blink

As hard as she tried Silver would never be able to understand the inner workings of a dragon's heart and for the first time she began to see them as more animalistic than human. But still when Aeizith turned to return her embrace Silver did the same, keeping her arms wrapped around him for as long as she could. But when he pulled away and stated they go eat she knew something was up, his small smile the dead set giveaway.

Following him into the dining room Silver was just as shocked at the empty chair where he daughter was supposed to be just as much as Aeizith. Following him around the house in his search she was just as desperate to find her as he was. Flooded with relief when Aeizith discovered her outside Silver could not help but smile, despite the growing tension between herself and Aeizith. But just as quickly as it grew it dissap-eared when he turned to plant a kiss on her lips, showing that Amber had helped even if she was unaware. Sitting across from the two Silver could not help but begin forking food onto her own plate, listening while Eadith asked Amber if she had done this all on her own.

All smiles Amber nodded at Eadith's question before grabbing a croissant and placing it on her plate. "I did it for you and mommy." The little girl was so proud of herself for having pulled it off without them knowing, a mission completed in her eyes. "It's so nice outside I thought maybe we could eat out here. I hope its okay." She then pulled a piece of the flaky bread apart and plopped it into her mouth, letting the buttery flavor melt as it slid down her throat.

"You did a great job Amber." Silver cutting in between bites of her own food. "So what do you want to do today? Since it's so nice out?" Amber immediately knew the answer to her mother's question and took no time in responding.

"I want Aeizey to train me some more!" Her enthusiasm making Silver proud yet nervous all at once. "Very well then" Silver responded leaning back a bit as she continued to eat her delicious breakfast. "Aeizith? Is that okay with you? Or do you have some stuff you have to take care of first?" Her question having a deeper meaning than she was letting on.

Salzem

Aeizith's eyes brightened as Amber confirmed that yes, she had done this all for them... She said that it was so nice outside, that she thought it was a good idea to eat out here... He couldn't help but agree. Sure, it was a little bright, and maybe a little hot for his vampire-ness, but his ring kept that from being too... uh... extreme. The little ice dragon gently wrapped an arm around the little girl and she snacked on the breakfast she had prepared for them, his hand resting on her shoulder as he hugged her from the side.

"You're s-so th-thoughtful..." Aeizith smiled, giving the little girl a soft peck on the forehead. "I-It's great..." Silver agreed as she too began forking food onto her plate while Aeizith nibbled on some soft bread. Even if the food were garbage (which it wasn't, it was a gods-send of flavor), or even if it were a messy set up (which again it wasn't), Aeizith would've been all smiles regardless, if his grin were a little weak. His little girl... his sweet little Amber had gone out of her way to do this for them so how could it be anything but a "good job?" Aeizith found he had nibbled his way through 3 slices of soft-bread by the time Silver asked her daughter what she wanted to do today. The little ice dragon immediately turned his attention to the smaller girl as she exclaimed how she wanted to train with him some more, immediately catching onto Silver's nervous expression. How could he not? At this point, he could feel her distress across the world! Smiling gently the little ice dragon reached out a hand and softly took Silver's, intertwining his fingers with hers. Oh, how he loved her... so much... He just wanted to hold her and never let go...

"S-sure thing k-kiddo... I-If y-your mom s-says its okay..." Glancing back up at Silver, he smiled a little wider as she confirmed her request, though, reminding him of something he needed to "take care of first." Now, despite having lived with this beautiful, intelligent, strong and independent woman who often makes her interests known, Aeizith was... uh... inexperienced in the realm of double-meanings. He had heard Silver talk dirty to him on sever occasions and could think of a few times that made him blush just remembering but the technique of such things never seemed to stick...

"I d-don't know..." Aeizith murmured, smiling at his girlfriend warmly. "M-maybe a-after breakfast y-you could tell m-me in p-private....?" He was trying really hard. HE WAS! "Amber... H-how a-about we s-set a date f-for a-after lunch? I-I'll teach y-you something r-really special..."

Blink

How could he think such a thing at her suggestion? Silver was clearly taken off guard by Aeizith's suggestion of speaking in private. "I meant regarding you sister." she countered before taking another bite of her bread. Now was not the time for such relations, not after everything that had transpired that morning. But still, his attempts were adorable to say the least.

Amber remained completely clueless at the suggestions exchanged between Silver and Aeizith. For all she knew the two really did just need to speak privately. In fact all she cared about was training even more with Aiezith, eager to get control of the abilities that overtook her everytime she tried to use them on her own.
"Perhaps we have had enough excitement for today" Silver added regarding Amber's training but Amber's pouting face quickly caused Silver to recount her statement. "... Or not." She giggled before finally finishing off her food. Taking in a deep breath Silver stood up, brushing the bread crumbs from her bottoms and shirt. "Well.." she paused to clear her throat. "That breakfast was quite lovely Amber... Thank you." Silver smiled at her daughter before she began collecting the remnants of the food to take back inside.

Amber caught on to her mother trying to clean up and so she followed suit, bunching as much as she could in her tiny arms before carrying it inside behind Silver.

After the breakfast the day continued on without any further faults. Amber was able to get a bit of training in with Aeizith while Silver cautiously watched on from the sidelines.

-END SCENE-
XDD

Tags: