Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Slay A Giant... [Wycliff]

Started by TheHopeseeker, January 31, 2017, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHopeseeker

Ignis merely nodded, the lift of excitement in his eyes as he released Aven's hand and settled it and his gloved right on his hips, "So where to from here, mister leader sir?"

Wycliff

Aven gave Ignis a winning smile. "Where else? We're off to Reahj to get you signed up with the Mordecai of Connloath." The look in his eyes was impish to say the least, and paired with his expression, it was wholly apparent that he was serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHopeseeker

Ignis merely raised an eyebrow, dropping his hands from his hips to swing freely at his sides. "That so?" He muttered, taking in Aven's expression and deciding that he was, in fact, serious. "Eh, what the hell."

Wycliff

Aven faces the rising dawn, his silver hair glimmering in the golden light. "It's quite simple, really. This country is founded on the belief that magic is evil; therefore, the Mordecai, magic negaters, have become the symbol of absolute justice to the people of Connloath. No ruler can undermine their authority, especially one that wishes to expel magic completely from Connloath's borders." Aven turned his head to Ignis. "In essence, the only ones who can truly end this war are the Mordecai, for only they have the authority to judge the sins of Grand Duke Calent."

TheHopeseeker

Ignis merely hummed in response, though whether the sound was agreement or simply acknowledgement, it was impossible to tell. Turning to take in the same view as Aven, he hefted the bags on his back a little higher, watching the streaks of gold break across the horizon. It was true, what Aven said, the people of Connloath looked up to the Mordecai in ways he couldn't quite fathom, giving them the power to veto even the Grand Duke, the equivalent of a King! It was almost hard to believe how many of the Mordecai would blindly follow the Duke into his mad purging of all mages, a majority of them aligned with his views. How they could be such fools as to harbour such hate against the mages who had done nothing wrong, he didn't know. Yes, it was true that the late Grand Duke had been assassinated by a Mage, but that did not mean the rest of his kin should suffer for his actions.

And he'd said all that out loud hadn't he?

Fuck.

Wycliff

Aven gives a hearty laugh, tapping Ignis on the shoulder as he walks past. "Careful, Ignis, your altruism is showing." He gestures for Ignis to follow, his robe fluttering in the morning breeze. "Nevertheless, that haughty mindset of yours will come in handy when blending in with the other Mordecai. You simply need to act as if all mages were below you, and it is your sworn duty to ensure they are kept from harming the world with their 'evil'."

TheHopeseeker

Ignis made a face at the shadow Mage's back as he walked past, shaking his head irritatedly before he huffed softly, a small smirk breaking out over his face. Swinging on his heel, he left the sunrise at his back, keeping pace with Aven as they walked. He let the silence settle for a few minutes once the Mage had finished with his advice, looping his hands through his pack's straps as they walked, before he eventually spoke, "So, who else have you recruited to your cause? If I'm going to be working with you to take down the Douche, I want to at least know who else I'm gonna be stuck with."

Wycliff

Aven continued walking, though as the sun continued to rise, his pace slowed bit by bit. "About that... as you can imagine, finding people willing to oppose the regime in such an up close and personal manner has been... difficult." He gave a nervous chuckle. "So far, it is only you and I, with a solid line on Captain Disgaua of Ansgar's Hand, another strong Mordecai. Part of what your mission will be is to find other Mordecai within their ranks that dissent to the war." At that point, Aven seemed to be run down, as if he hadn't slept in days.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis nodded as Aven spoke, albeit casting the man a sideways glance as he noticed his pace dropping bit by bit. "So I'm your Finder." He summarised, resting one hand on the warm handle of his dagger once more as he slid to a stop, gaze rakeing over Aven's form with...not concern, something else, in his eyes.

Wycliff

"In a way, yes." Aven doesn't seem to notice the look, focusing on conversing and walking, a multitask that is taking it's toll. He glances toward the trees, as if seeking shelter.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis watched the Mage silently for a few moments, his eyes slightly narrowed and head tilted to the side. After a few stretching moments of silence, he spoke suddenly, "It's the light, isn't it? You mentioned that you are a shadow Mage earlier, so the sunlight would sap your strength, correct?"

Wycliff

Aven nods slowly as he meanders along. "Yes, yes, and not quite: any light above the greyscale, and it isn't only my magic. I am weakened physically as well."

TheHopeseeker

Ignis nodded thoughtfully, picking up his pace to catch up to the Mage again, "Sounds like fun." He quipped drily,

Wycliff

Aven gives him a mirthful glance. "You and I have different definitions of 'fun', Ignis." He stops and stretches, yawning. "Do you know how to get to Reahj?"

TheHopeseeker

Ignis merely chuffed at his comment, before an almost offended look came over his face. "I take pride in my reputation as a wanderer, Aven. Of course I know how to get to the Capital city of one of the Three Kingdoms."

Wycliff

Aven finishes yawn, and nods. "Good. If you don't mind, then, I'm going to take a small nap." Aven steps on Ignis' shadow, and sinks into it as if it were a liquid, disappearing. The shadow becomes much darker than it was before, but acts normally otherwise. Aven's voice echoes around Ignis. "Just keep going, I'll be right behind you; quite literally, actually."

TheHopeseeker

Ignis felt a shudder race up his spine as his Mordecai ability immediately tried to eject Aven from his shadow, the proximity of the Mage enough to set it off, but he quelled it quickly. Wouldn't exactly want to negate his new ally's magic while he was...wherever he was. Though, whether it would work on this one...he was different, strange, intriguing. Shaking his head, the white haired Mordecai sighed softly before starting to walk again, unable to erase the fact that Aven was, literally, right behind him from his mind.

Wycliff

The voice echoes out once more. "So, I was correct: somehow, you've inherited a form of Adharism. Strange, being that you're male... Unless there's something I don't know?"

TheHopeseeker

Ignis snorted at that, keeping his gaze locked ahead as he walked, "Well I'm not secretly a woman if that's what you're wondering." He replied drily, "I'm just special that way. Always have been."

Wycliff

Aven doesn't respond, and it could be assumed that he fell asleep. Small black particles appear occasionally above the shadow as Ignis walks, drifting off into the surrounding area randomly.