Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Northern Borders

Started by Lion, February 04, 2017, 06:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

In her attempts to find the man she sold it too, and making them look even more awkward and out of place, Crowe kept his eyes peeled, narrowing them only when he saw the man walking up the stairs and with the group of guards at his side. And with that Crowe's jaw dropped.  He stared for a good long while until Atashi spoke to him again.

He scowled at her, face burning with rage.  Fuck if he wanted to slit her throat then and there. At any other time that might have been a perfectly justified and logical decision. But in the middle of the street with guards more attentive, and giving him dirty looks at it were, it wasn't exactly a viable choice. Oh she was still double dead. Except now, it was triple dead.

Crowe gave a grunt, yanked her off from the street and dragged her along with him, steaming, fuming. SHe might practically see the smoking coming from his ears. "You know! You're very lucky.  Very lucky.  You just saved your own life, Stripes. Because that book you stole....had plans. And good ones to potential loot, you fuckbrain, and now it's out of both our hands. HRRRRRNGH!"

He turned her around and loosened the knots on her wrists. "I'm getting it back. You better get the fuck out of here!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Cheesigator

You know, this guy, of all people, she thought she'd get at least a more interesting reaction than the one that she did, but no all she got was the blood rushing to his face making him look like his head was going to explode. She tilted her head a little. Maybe his eyeballs were popping out a lil, that was kinda funny.

She was yanked with an admirable amount of force off the street, dragged behind the other thief into an alleyway, and she honestly figured if he was going to kill her it would've been right there and then. But instead he just... Threw a little temper tantrum and loosened the ties on her, which she quickly yanked her hands out of, holding them in front of her and flexing her fingers before she looked up at him.

Well at least his temper was warranted, from the sounds of it. It had been more than just a sketchbook huh? Well that explained that sketch of the guy's house she sold it to in there. Must've been layout plans to figure out how to get in.

She put her hands on her hips, pursing her lips and thinking for a moment.

"By yourself? You'll die trying!" She said, brows furrowing. "Look if you're gonna get that thing back you'll need some help; I didn't realize you were a thief too yknow, otherwise I wouldn't'a grabbed it." She crossed her arms over her chest, frowning while she thought.

"Let me help you get it back, s'the least I can do since I caused ya so much trouble--maybe if we work together we can get more than just your book back, yeah?" She suddenly grinned, the prospect of adventure intriguing her almost more than the loot itself. She didn't really want the treasure they could procure anyways, she was good enough at getting that herself, considering she'd already been paid for the book--nah, she just wanted some good ol' rootin' tootin' fun robbing a rich person, and hey she'd maybe be making good by this other guy while she was at it!

Lion

She just thought she could offer her help and then everything would be peachy keen, even?  That wasn't how this worked. He lost something he worked hard to accumulate over time, months of planning and note-taking and it was just taken away from him like that. Oh-ho-ho-ho, no. She owed him in more than trying to volunteer for a job.

"This is all your fault to begin with! I was happy!  And then you just had to slip your hand where they didn't belong, you rat," he hissed.  He growled and grit his teeth and grabbed her up by the collar of her shirt. "You didn't care so long as you got your gold. Speaking of which."  He reached down and plucked the coin purse from her belt.

"Whatever was earned from that sale is now mine. Rightful owner and all that," he muttered and stepped back to help himself to her gold, taking what he felt was an adequate amount in compensation. "Here," and slammed the purse back into her hands.  "Now you still owe me.  Drinks. Now. And you're buying.  You have to be useful for something other than being a pain in my ass.  And you stink. Take a bath, Stripes, because your sweaty ass got all over my shirt."

And with that he shoved her toward the tavern at that district's edge. The Lovely Little Locksmith was an interesting name for a bar, and coming in from he side-entrance only garnered one or two odd looks from their respective patrons. But they were still on their side of town.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Cheesigator

Well, she wouldn't argue that point--it was her fault, yes. But he grabbed her by the collar and she threw her hands up in surrender.

"Oi oi oi! If it had been me I'm pretty sure you might've done the exact same thing, you ain't any more of a saint than I am!" A thief was a thief--money was all either of them cared about, though Atashi cared about adventuring a little more. Not by much though.

"Hey!" She snapped as he stole her purse off her belt. "Not all of that was from your book, ass!" She resisted the urge to kick him for good measure, instead just pouting as he handed back the purse and tried not to punch him for making it so much lighter. All that coin... Just gone... It wasn't her fault he was stupid enough to let something get stolen so easily!!

"I owe you? She sneered, taking her purse back and putting it back on her belt before looking up at him, mouth open. "Excuse me?! You smell like a horse's ass! I probably made your shirt smell better!"

Despite her protests he shoved her into a tavern and she didn't bother fighting it too much--she could use the drink as much as this guy probably could, to be honest. So they got a seat at the bar and she, begrudgingly, put her coins down on the table and ordered rum, downing the mug of it in one go as it was placed in front of her on the counter.

... Maybe she shouldn't have done that. Angrily drinking quickly out of spite. All she'd eaten today were apples and she was a lightweight. Oops.

"I bought the drinks so you should be the gentleman and pay for my room then if you think I stink so bad." She sneered, sticking her tongue out at him like a child, totally acting like there was nothing wrong here and she wasn't about to get pretty goofy here in the next ten minutes.

Lion

It wasn't even about weights and measures. It was the principle of the whole thing. You don't rob another thief, get caught, and think everything would be criss-cross applesauce because you offered to right the wrongs. She didn't know just how lucky she was! If any other Mountain Cat caught her, she'd be splayed all over that alley wall, made a proper example of.

Hrmm, maybe Crowe would still kill her. Tomorrow, after all, was a whole new day.  For now, he'd get a drink out of her and a room!  Because....principles.

He ordered a rum just like her and by the time he even wrapped his hand around the mug's handle hers was already slamming down on the counter, completely empty. He stared at her, eyes wide and he grunted, a little irritated. She was trying to show him up, huh? What the hell for?  Because he leveled out her gold.

Crowe drank his rum too, taking his time a little more than she did, but he didn't drop the mug down onto the counter until it was completely empty and he gestured to the bartender. "Another please. This is good stuff," he said with a grin and another rum was slid across the way toward him.

"I'm no gentleman, and you're not a lady. I'll pay for ONE bath. Mine, and you can use it when I'm done.  It'll be a lot cleaner than yours that's for sure."  He drank his rum a little slower this time, long thoughtful swigs though and kept a surreptitious eye on her mug. "So, how long you been in the business, Stripes? You're fast, I'll give you that.  But your tricks are stale, much like your breath."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cheesigator

She stared at him as he ordered another rum, watched him drink it before that fiery temper of hers reared its ugly head again.

"Another rum for me as well." She announced, and when one was brought to her, she downed it like she had the last, staring at Crowe out of the corner of her eyes.

She set the empty mug on the counter, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Fine. I call the bed." She retorted, flagging down the bartender when he had a chance and getting... Another rum, drinking that one a little more slowly now that she was ahead. "Well my stale tricks worked just fine on a simpleton like you so I guess you're just getting old. I been doing this for ten years." She said, puffing out her chest a little.

"Name's Atashi, but you can keep calling me Stripes if it helps your ego feel a little better." She flashed him a grin.

Lion

Huh! HAH!  HAHAHAHAHA!

Oh she was going to keep butting heads with him when he clearly was the superior thief. She duped him once, he wasn't going to let it happen again. Obviously he wouldn't have any real control over when she did it, it would just give him another reason in the bank to kill her. He made it seem as if he didn't care that she drank her second rum in one go again. 

Although he may have growled a little too loudly as he drank his own again. The drink was good, but he could use some food and he soon found a plate in front of him with some mashed potatoes bread and a chicken, roasted and spiced.  He grinned and picked at his food as another rum was brought to him.

"You can say what you want, Ah-tah-sheee," he hissed, loathing on the name. "Crowe. And you can't just call dibs on the bed! It's the floor for you, like any dog."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cheesigator

"I'm not a dog!" She instantly argued, though for a second she stared at his plate a little hungrily and thought of potentially stealing a piece of chicken and stuffing it in her mouth before he could get it just to spite him.

Her stomach growled.

She blushed and looked away, drinking down her rum like it was a good substitute, which it was not.

"You called the bath so I call the bed, fair and square." She said with a huff, before giving in to temptation and getting herself some food, gnawing on a turkey leg ravenously. Maybe this would help stave off her inevitable drunkness a little bit longer, though she could already feel her head getting fuzzy.

"At least I'm not named after the dumbest, most annoying bird on the planet!" She said as she tore off a piece of of the meat.

What a big stupid oaf, here she was so honorable and nice to offer him her help instead of just running away like any other run-of-the-mill shitty thief would have done. She was even listening to him and paying for his drinks! He was stupid, and dumb, and annoying, and stupid! She finished her rum and took her anger out on her turkey leg, resisting the urge to gnaw on the bone, because then he really wouldn't let the dog thing drop and she knew it.

Lion

She was one drink on him, but she was going to drink and eat herself under the table. Crowe wasn't trying to make it obvious, but he was watching how she was just chugging down the rum and tearing into the turkey leg like it was the last meal she would ever have. Ha, which it probably was. She smelled and probably didn't eat much like any other hungry transient.

"No, you're just naturally dumb and smelly like any vagrant," he mumbled and laughed as he scooped up a spoonful of potatoes and ate it. He had finished the chicken and drank another mug of rum, taking his time to spite her.

"So ten years of scrounging and jumping around. What has that gotten you, Atashi? Any other skills that makes you more useful beyond barroom banter?  Because, I think you may have been dropped on the head as a youngin'."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cheesigator

She just rolled her eyes at his insults. So far, none of them really hurt her, she was just stubborn and fiesty--but when he asked her what ten years of this life had gotten her, she paused, turkey leg in her mouth as she blinked, before she set it down slowly on her plate.

Her mind was fuzzy yes but not fuzzy enough, not for that question.

Because he was right, what had it gotten her? What was she doing with her life?

Suddenly she didn't feel so hungry or thirsty anymore, and she wiped off her mouth on the back of her hand, letting out a soft exhale as she rested her chin in her hand, elbow on the counter.

"Your guess is as good as mine."

Her answer was surprisingly honest; there was something in her tone of voice that suggested she was thinking of other things, things she likely wouldn't talk about. Her friend. Her family, left behind in Connlaoth. It made her gut queasy just thinking about it. Her friend had had so much going for her, she was already apprenticing under one of the best seamstresses in town, she had a career--all Atashi had ever been good for was getting into trouble. She had wanted to be a soldier but her mother had always told her the idea was a silly waste of time, kept trying to stuff her into dresses; she'd hoped for Atashi to marry a noble. What a stupid idea. Atashi, marrying anyone at all? What a joke.

She tried to swallow the negative feelings in her throat that felt like a lump but they didn't go anywhere. She just forced a grin, forced a laugh.

"I probably was dropped on my head, so what of it? Not like you came outta your mom a great thinker yourself!"

Lion

If he touched a nerve, he had no idea. Crowe noticed she went quiet for a little bit, even her face seemed to have changed. But he just assumed the rum and that turkey leg were having a disagreement in her belly. She seemed steely enough to take it though.

Crowe grunted and chanced a look at her. "I guess so. I wouldn't know. She didn't stick around long enough for me to find out," he shrugged. He was done with the food and downed another long swig of his rum and shuddered as his food settled.

"I guess the interview can continue up in the room. That is if you can make it up the steps and don't topple over right now.". He gave her a teasing wink and carefully stood up from the bar after paying for a room.

At a place like this, thankfully baths were included. And when he opened the door, the room was dingy with a rickety cot and a large basin on the far right, covered by a moth-eaten partition.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cheesigator

Atashi let out an outright guffaw, snorting as she shook her head and grinned, the rum having worked its way a little more through her now and doing its job of easing away her anxieties. It also gave her a rather becoming blush.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I've had more than this before this ain't nothin'." She insisted with a cheeky grin as she slid off her bar stool and almost fell on her face on the floor--the only way she was able to save herself was by grabbing onto a man sitting nearby, pulling herself up with her iron clutch on his jacket and muttering a quick "Sorry sorry--" As she hurried to follow up after Pigeon--Raven. Whatever he said his name was.

She tried to count the stairs as they went up and she was still counting them even as they crossed the threshold into their room, stopping only once she'd run into Crowe's backside which forced her to look up. Another grin and she streeeetched her arms upward as she waltzed in and flopped right down on the bed, which creaked rather dangerously from the sudden weight.

"Ahhhh called it. Touched it first. Called. Mine." She rolled over onto her stomach, face down on the dirty sheets. It felt great. She might just pass out before she could take a bath--nah, no that was no fun.

She propped herself up on her elbows, still laying on her stomach as she looked up at Crowe, pointing at the tub. "Could probably sleep pretty comfy in there, yeah?" She grinned deviously. "Hope yer not too shy, now.~"

Lion

Crowe flicked a brow when Atashi just waltzed passed him and lounged on the bed like it was nothing at all. He could appreciate the boldness, just taking something and claiming it as yours like that. But still, he couldn't say he wasn't irritated. But the rum certainly curbed his temper a little more. Just another reason to kill her later.

Maybe tomorrow.  For now he was grimey from that slimey tunnel and so he just made a grunt at her and closed the door behind him.  "I ain't shy!" he blurted out. "I don't have anything to hide. But I'm bathing first before I kick your ass out of that bed. It'll make things easier."  He made a rude gesture with his hand before stepping behind the partition and undressing, making sure to keep his things folded up on the side opposite the bed. 

He poured the water into the small basin and gently sat in it. It was cold, but hot water was extra. He grabbed the scrub brush, soap and foamed it up until it was plopping all over and he began to scrub up.  He was thankful for the partition, even if there were holes in it. Pffft, it wasn't like he was shy!

He just didn't like people staring at him was all.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cheesigator

All Atashi could think to do was the most effective thing she was capable of at the moment really--she stuck her tongue out at him, pulling down her lower eyelid and making a funny face at him. He could eat a big dick for all she cared, she'd claimed the bed, so it was hers.

"If I lick it I bet you won't want it anymore." She sneered, "Shy boy.~"

And yet for now all she did was rest her chin in her hands, lazily kicking her feet behind her as she laid there on her stomach, only able to glimpse flashes of movement through the moth holes. Maybe if she went to sleep he wouldn't bother kicking her off the bed--no, wait, no. It'd already been established he could carry her like a sack of potatoes so no, she needed to be awake to fight for it, dammit!

Except her curiosity got the best of her and she grinned, sliding off the bed, still surprisingly silent as she crept across the floor, sneaking around behind him and staying low enough he wouldn't immediately see her over the edge of the tub unless if he looked, and then riiight as she was behind his back, she jumped up and yelled "BOO!"

The only problem with her genius plan was that she forgot to account for how much she'd had to drink, and how difficult it was to suddenly stand when full of said drink and your legs forget how to work properly. As a result, she lost her balance and fell on him, no doubt causing a huge splash if he didn't stop her in time.

"... Whoops."

Lion

Finally a moment of peace before he had to deal with the throbbing headache he knew he was going to have later. And then there was the hangover from the rum to be had in the morning.  That would be a welcome relief.

It wasn't even that he was trying to be a sourpuss, but it was a little hard to be friendly with the same person that just robbed you and made off with a rather valuable personal item. Not to mention sold it! Hrrrgggnh! He made a fist and scrunched up the loofa sponge, and threw it into the water.  The splash was stirring and he kept himself firmly locked on the task of bathing.

It was the principle of the matter, establishing boundaries early was important to a-

"WUUUAGH!" And that was the sound Crowe made when he lurched forward and felt Atashi's body collapsing onto his. Thankfully he was slick enough he was able to turn so that she fell into his lap instead. Crowe was part dizzy from the impact and he tried to push her off a little.

"Hey!! I said aaafter I was done," he half-slurred.  Crowe scowled and hefted her up the shoulder, pulling her to get her more situated enough and began scrubbing the sponge all over her face and hair.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cheesigator

She had successfully startled him, and also successfully landed herself into the tub kind of head-first. As she scrambled, limbs flailing to find purchase on the sides of the tub--she'd heard lots of horror stories about mean drowning in puddles when they were drunk, she was not going out like that, dammit!--he shoved her further in. He was trying to drown her! That was taking a joke a little bit too far!

Finally she managed to flip herself right-side up, gasping and coughing as she came up for air, and then she had a sponge filled with soap and dirty water in her face. As if her clothes weren't soaked enough already.

She gagged and swatted at him like a child, shoving her hand in his face and pushing herself off of him, falling out of the tub onto the floor as gracefully as she fell in. There was now water all over the floor, and she was thoroughly soaked. And she had soap in her eyes. IT BURNS. IT BURNS!!!

She found a towel--his towel--and started madly drying her face off, trying to get the stinging in her eyes to go away, but now she was at a permanent squint, eyes bloodshot as she glared at him.

"Tryna' drown me, I swear." She grumbled, too drunk to actually get mad about it. "Yer a terrible man. Terrible. And your dick is small." She lied, like she'd actually seen it.

Lion

"Hey!  You were trying to pounce on me!" he exclaimed as he got out of the water, dripping suds, soap, and water.  He sorta covered up, or tried to.  It was pretty chilly in here, and even he didn't want to be the subject of a shrinkage joke.   He shivered and quickly moved out of the tub, tip-toeing along the way and snatching the towel from her to wrap around his body.

"Look, you wanna get in the water so bad, it's all yours! I'm all done, Stripes. I mean, if you wanted to get a peek, all you had to do was ask," he muttered as he piled up his clothes and went around toward the bed, setting them on the side.  Roughly he dried himself off and dried off his hair in the process. It felt good to be clean at last again.  Even if it had only been for a few minutes.

"You touched it anyway."

He eyed her from the side and then down to his groin, and winked at her before throwing his underclothes and trousers back on.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cheesigator

"NnnnnNO I was trying to scare you, shitless, there's a difference." She huffed as he got out, realizing now it was her turn as she grinned and started stripping, rather shamelessly, in front of him, tossing her clothes to the side and sliding right on in with a happy sigh, already adjusted to the water temperature thanks to getting dunked in it earlier.

Her body, for as briefly as he saw it, was quite lithe, though she really didn't have any tits to speak of, and was covered in a myriad of scars and the same geometric tattoos that lined her face and neck, in fact she was literally inked from head to toe. Some people might find it exotic, others might say it barbaric.

She stuck her tongue out at him when he winked at her.

"Gross I didn't mean to do that."

She set to work scrubbing now, not bothered in the slightest by the already murky water that'd have had any privileged or spoiled person gagging. Water was water to her, what did she care? It was cold though, so she didn't take too long before she got out and toweled off, giving him quite a nice view of her nice ass as she looked at him over her shoulder.

"I still call the bed so chop chop, get your ass off it."

Lion

Yeah he was looking. And even if he tried to hide it, the room was way too small for it to be any less obvious. He was casually trying to sit on the bed when he watched her from the corner of his eye and let his vision rove down the tattoos along her body. They were certainly well-detailed pieces of art. Even he could appreciate that, although he wasn't going to tell her that.

He sat on the bed, rolling up the ends of his pants and rolling over to shift toward the wall. Yes, a lovely ass indeed.  Again, not going to tell her that, the wench!

"Make me," he mumbled, as he closed his eyes.  "There's no use in fighting, it so either get your ass on the other half of the bed, or sleep on the floor. You're clean now, so you're allowed on the bed.  Even if you don't deserve it.  You made that mess too, so you should probably clean up the water tub."

He sighed and shifted so that he got comfortable, even taking the blanket and covering himself.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cheesigator

Atashi was either unaware he was looking, or just didn't give a shit (hint: it was the latter) while she finished drying off. Normally she'd have slept naked if she was staying in a room like this, because that was more comfortable to her, but for she had company and he had clothes on, so for his sake more than hers she put on her shirt and breeches again, pausing a moment to stare at the space he left on the bed before she grinned and climbed right on in. Heh, good enough!

She paused a moment again though, slowly pulling the covers over herself as she looked over at him with a frown.

"How do I know you won't kill me when you wake up?" She asked, an honest question.

Regardless what his answer was, she realized she couldn't trust him either way.

Well, that was fine with her! So she rolled over, back to him as she got comfortable and let out a content sigh, beds were so nice, she'd almost forgotten how nice they were. She wondered what it must be like to have a house so you could sleep in your own bed every night. Well, she'd had a bed when she was a kid at home, yeah, but to own your own house was a different beast altogether.

It probably sucked. Oh well. Time for sleep.

Tags: