Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unwanted Atention. (Open)

Started by Sheshia, February 19, 2017, 05:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Asta turned so she was facing the ceiling of the cave, her arm behind her head.

"Prey." Asta said, thinking of her home, "Food. Warmth. Shelter. I hunt animals for their meat to feed the young. For their fur to survive the winter."

Asta wasn't sure if she had answered his question. After all it was easy to tell that she hunted animals, with all the fur they left behind.

"I hunt rabbits and snow mice. Tiny mammals. There's polar bears, winter hogs, caribou, and other sorts of large animals."

MonochroMayhem

Torien sighed. "Yes, you do hunt these things, but to what end? What do you seek in it all?"

Torien sighed. "Life is very difficult, but I'm certain I'm no stranger there. And yet... I wonder how you handle the responsibility of yourself, how you manage to remain so resilient in the face of failure or doubt."

Tall-folk were far more fascinating to Torien than his own kind. For what seemed like forever Torien's thirst for knowledge had drove him into dangerous places. It was very easy to escape from a place like this; he'd have to seek shelter somewhere hidden but he could easily escape.

And yet despite the easy escape his curiosity and obsession begged that he stay put.

"Miss, is there anything you wish you'd rather do?" He sat down again. "If you don't mind me asking, that is."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheshia

(Welcome back Mono :D Kraait is still asleep so X3 it'll be a while before I'll reply but I'll keep tabs on thing :) )

WallyD

[OOC: Nice. Medler won't be on for some time, so we can continue without him until he is able.]

Asta paused. She never been asked that question before. Her face twisted as she thought, unsure how to answer such a question. Everything Asta has done was for the tribe and only the tribe.

"I've never thought of it. I guess you could say I wanted to be like my mother. But that was when I was nothing but a child."

Asta's mother had been kind and gentle. One of the best healers in the tribe. Asta looked nothing like her. With her pale hair and muscular body, Asta was the completed opposite of her mother's dark hair and slim body. But that didn't matter to Asta, she liked how her mother smiled. And when she talked, she could make even the angriest man howl with laughter.

"She died." Asta said bluntly "being my father's only child, I learned the family trademarks. When he dies, I take his place as the pride of the York family."

MonochroMayhem

"Seems like you're gonna have a lot on your plate. Are you scared of it at all?" Torien asked.

His mind was whizzing with regards to the community back home. He wondered if any trees had fallen, or any snakes had coiled in burrows nearby.

"Believe it or not, you wouldn't be alone if you were a bit scared," he muttered. "I'm sure of it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WallyD

Asta scoffed, rolling her eyes at the fae's comment. She was not afraid, if anything, she was ready.

"My tribe means everything, we are family in both blood and soul. There is nothing that can make me afraid."Asta stated. And it was true for the most part. Asta has yet to face something that made her heart fear. Infact, where other people would fear, Asta will get pissed. "If something or someone gets in my way, I cut it down and continue forth. I am sure that there are others who are, but being scared isn't something we Yorks have."

Tags: