Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rest Ye Weary Head [SaberFive, PM to Join]

Started by AevumEternity, February 19, 2017, 12:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

The snow fell upon the burning ruins of the battlefield. Plump, fluffy white flakes descending from the dark night's sky to settle upon crackling flames, dissolving with small puffs of steam. Thunder rumbled across the dark field as light crackled across the field and the sounds of screams continuously sang into the air-

No- that wasn't thunder, it was massive armored beasts and riders ripping through the ranks of mages, enchanted armor glowing viciously as they cut through the ranks of robed individuals. As the massive line of heavy cavalry swept over the field, an individual rider hung back, holding the standard of Connlaoth erect as they sat upon the massive white Theocog. Major Hakon Kilandre watched her cavalry treat over the magical forces, only one or two of her men falling compared to the tens of those on the opposing side.

Beneath the eagle shaped helm, she smiles wryly, black and green cloak snapping in the wind as Purgatorio, the massive white Theocog shifted beneath her. Twas a slaughter, again- just once she wished for an individual force that could rival her own- but no- that would only happen when the mages become an organized force. For now, this was only a disorganized riot of sorts. So why did the duke insist upon mercenaries? It would dishonorable and unneccessary. She turns her head slightly toward the Mercenary forces, they were holding their own- but not really...

Snorting she shook her head, looking up to watch Connlaoth's sigil boar shift in the wind. Nonethless, victory was theirs for now.

Saber-Five

The bloodshed continued without ceasing between the opposing sides. While disorganized compared to their foes, this radical band of mages fought back with a vengeance, inflicting heavy losses on the mercenaries, accompanying Hakon's cavalry. The original intend was breakout through the merc lines to flee into the nearby forest in the east, but the chaotic melee was ruining any chance of it anytime soon.

Instead these magic zealots hoped to make their hated enemies suffer along with them. A large portion of the mages surged forward into the hired swords, casting fire, ice, and lighting spells into the midst. One of them, a baldish woman named Bela in grey robe let loose with inferno blast consuming a squad of hired soldiers with sadistic glee. Meanwhile the mercenary commander, a grizzled red haired man with a heavyset beard named Jerel Fergus was taking a 'trophy' of a mage's head, he cut off and raised proudly for all to see.

Then seemly out of nowhere an arrow struck one of Bela's leading cultists through the back of the head collapsing sideways. The loss of a combat leader slowed the mage's advance, but then Jerel's chief lieutenant, Iona was struck in the neck, with a similar arrow, posianed and fell off her horse instantly and was dead seconds later for all to see. Within a few minutes several other leading mages and mercs were dealt similar fate, dead and dying by posianed tipped arrows. This would confused both sides since the mages had no archers among them...

AevumEternity

Never one to allow a strange turn of events within a battle to deter her, The Major secured the banner by planting it firmly into the ground before kicking the massive warhorse into motion- all six muscled legs roaring to life as the beast thundered across the fielt. Her voice screaming over the Connlaothian forces with orders to regroup, advance, destroy and slaughter. She cared little for the mercenaries but their leader's brutish tactics certainy made her make a mental note to assert her dominance over them at a later time.

Speeding just behind the Connlaothian forces, shield raised defensively to face the mages as her cloak snapped in the wind, she angled the great war horse into the mercenaries' lines. As much as she disliked them, having the line break any where was not an option. The massive armored Theocog breaks into the mages' forces, immediately both beast and rider wreaking utter havoc in order to ensure they would not be driven back.

" JEREL!!" She roared," ADVANCE, WHAT ARE YOU PAID FOR MAN?!"

Saber-Five

Quote from: AevumEternity on February 19, 2017, 01:50:42 PM
Never one to allow a strange turn of events within a battle to deter her, The Major secured the banner by planting it firmly into the ground before kicking the massive warhorse into motion- all six muscled legs roaring to life as the beast thundered across the fielt. Her voice screaming over the Connlaothian forces with orders to regroup, advance, destroy and slaughter. She cared little for the mercenaries but their leader's brutish tactics certainy made her make a mental note to assert her dominance over them at a later time.

Speeding just behind the Connlaothian forces, shield raised defensively to face the mages as her cloak snapped in the wind, she angled the great war horse into the mercenaries' lines. As much as she disliked them, having the line break any where was not an option. The massive armored Theocog breaks into the mages' forces, immediately both beast and rider wreaking utter havoc in order to ensure they would not be driven back.

" JEREL!!" She roared," ADVANCE, WHAT ARE YOU PAID FOR MAN?!"

Jerel sneered at Hakon. "I take my orders and pay from the Duke, not you wench. These robes are finished, they just don't know it yet."

He gave a leering grin toward the cavelry commander, making it clear what he preferred they be doing. Before Jerel could boast some more, another strange thing occurred. Several small metal spheres fell and rolled into the mob of combatants, before igniting great plumes of thick smoke that consumed much of the battlefield. What had been combative chaos was now utter bellam. Soldiers and mages alike could barely see one another, many and struck any shadowy figure they spotted. As result they killed many of their own comrades out of sheer fright and confusion.

"Angsar's breath what's going on?" Jerel cried out next to Hakon. Little did he and everyone else realize that a new combatant, fighting for neither, has entered the smoke filled field.

AevumEternity

Both massive Theocog and rider stop suddenly, as if time froze about them as they did. The Major's low, dangerous and gravely tones seemed to ring oddly with such terrible and commanding power as she spoke,"... You will obey or you will die, by my hand or theirs. It matters little to me which." A pause, as if to let the words sink in, only interrupted by the horrible ambiance of war," But you will obey me."

Only then did she turn her attention to whatever anarchist was deciding to wreak havoc. She called out orders for a retreat- it was rather easy for her Cavalry to pick out their allies due to the strange assortment of powerful mounts and the occasional glow of enchantment blessings upon their armor, still, it caused enough disorientation for the occasional bout between them.

Lady Hakon looked about, trying to locate the origin of the arrows but finding trouble there- only then did she question why she was mot one of the targets- not that she wished to be but it was obvious she was a commanding officer- so what were they doing?

Saber-Five

Hakon's slient question was to be answered shortly. Soon enough the cultists began to regroup, using light and fire spells to guide themselves out of the smoke. Bela had few of her followers surround her for protection, cursing the smoke while she lighted the way for them. That however made her an unwilling beacon to the unknown attacker, just as he intended. Suddenly Bela's magic began to dissolve when a caped figure leaped into her circle.

She cried out curses as she attempted to strike when a blade sliced her head clean off from the shoulders. Most of the bodyguards followed suit without any light and the rest scattered aimlessly away from the carnage. Within minutes, much of the smoke began to fade and the Cannlaothian forces saw something strolling out of the midst like an unworldly being. Where Hakon's warriors and the more displined would not be imtimdiated, many of the merc and militamen were sacred out of their wits.

Then finally Lady Hakon and Jared would get a good look of their new enemy. The stranger wore dark leather clothes, that displayed a white upraised fist in the chest area, added huntsman boots, a green hood and a similar colored yet torn cape. Finally there was the sliver knight themed mask that covered the face but it did not hide the gray eyes that stared back at the two different commanders intensely.

Stopping yards away, the mysterious warrior tossed Bela's head toward the direction of Jarel and it rolled close enough for him and Hakon to the leading cultist's dead expression. Needless to say Jarel was surprised and demanded angrily.

"What the meaning of this?!"

"Judgment." Was the stranger's answer in an deep and firm voice.

AevumEternity

Purgatorio reared slightly at the rather brutish display, Hakon already brandishing sword and shield as she stared down at the man in grim silence- the mages had lost and were fleeing with their leader downed. So now her focus could remain solely on the stranger.

" Identify yourself, heretic-" she called out, the massive warhorse turning to face the man, slowly striding toward him- massive muscles rippling beneath the even heavier armor, making both knight and steed akin to steel monsters. They shared a bond more animals and humas could only dream ok, as a result, they were one of the most feared pairs Connlaoth had to offer.

She slowly pointed her curved sword toward the man," Speak, now."

Saber-Five

The masked man gave out a short chuckle, despite the menace Hakon and her mount gave.

"Why should I? You already have decided to call me heretic." He retorted before adding. "One could wonder you would judge me as such. Is it because I do not fight under your Duke's banner or it is because I slew your hired thugs without your consent?"

But with a mocking bow he continued. "Yet you shall be obliged with another title to call me by...I am known by some as Nemesis."

It mattered not if Hakon ever heard of that title, because she will know of it will entail tonight. Jarel scowled, resenting that he is being ignored by the other two and Nemesis insulting his men.

Pulling out his bloody longsword, he yelled. "I don't care what you're called, you are going to die for butchering my boys."

That last sentence was meant for Hakon to as he changed past her and swung at Nemesis. He dodged and parry away from his furious blows, with the skill of a dancemaster, circling and rolling away around. Yet he did not strike back, clearly the masked crusader was toying with Jarel, who continue to attack Nemesis blindly.

AevumEternity

Hakon suppressed an annoyed sigh, the Theocog and rider slowly circling the two combatants as she idly comments," I have never heard of you, I am afraid to say. So what are you? Anarchist or simply a war profiteer who finds the deepest pleasure in wreaking havoc for everyone on the field." As she circled, she observed his movements, he seemed to know his way around a sword- more so then the mercenary captain...

Noting the battle was won, she signaled with her sword for her forces to retreat and set up camp. The scavengers would soon come forth and strip the fallen bodies of all valuables- a practice she abhorred but which seemed to keep the economy in good shape.

Saber-Five

Nemesis huffed at Hakon's inquiry as he continue to evade the merc. "Neither. I fight to protect and avenge the innocent from the guilty, whoever they be in this accursed war, regardless of class and origins."

The hired captain for all his rage and strength was wearing himself out. Twisting and turning the caped crusader focus his full attention back to Jarel, noting.

"Jarel Fregus, your hands and that of your men are stained with the blood of the innocent, peasants and mages alike in this region. How do you plead?"

Jarel swore foul curses at Nemesis and his notion of justice, charging with a sword thrust toward the vigilante's chest. Nemesis spinned out of the way to the left, while pulling out his own sword and slicing across Jarel's stomach. Blood dripped out as Jarel dropped to his knees and with shock then Nemesis finished him off with a stab through the chest. Pullling the blade out, Nemesis rolled away some distance from Hakon with a defenvise stance in case she attacked.

"May I know your name warrior? It's only fair since I gave mine and that of my purpose."

AevumEternity

She watches in silence- slowly removing her helm, shaking out her long straight hair as she gazes at him with a stony, unmoved expression," Lady Hakon Kilandre, Major of Ansgar's Hand- you should have left him alive." She maneuvers the massive war horse over beside the mercenary captain's fallen form, murmuring idly.

" I did not like him but I wished to execute him myself." she pauses, seeming to notice the mercenaries forces frozen with terror for the first time- slowly wheeling around the massive war horse as the wind whips platinum blonde locks before her eyes," Perhaps one of you would like to challenge me?"

Her voice seems to thrum with power as it grows louder, to a commander's roar," Come now, I am your leader until you die or receive the last of your pay, is that clear?!" Only then turning slightly back toward Nemesis, looking him up and down with a small smile curling her cherry lips

Saber-Five

"I am not part of your army to be ordered about Major." Nemesis responded. "You would have killed him only because he disappeased you, not for justice. How many sons he skinned alive how many women he violated with your regime's blessing?"

AevumEternity

Clearly she had been speaking to the mercenaries as they quickly moved to obey with the rest of her forces. Slowly turning back to Nemesis she arches an eyebrow at him," Will you shut your gaping maw and kill me already or will you simply lecture me on my political standing? Either way I am quite tired of your nonsense, heretic. You would do well to take decisive action now."

Her voice was as cold as frosted steel, eyes almost black in the darkness... She simply wished to set up camp, ensure her men were relatively in tact and return to the Reajh. She would soon be lectured there any way.

Saber-Five

Nemesis shook his head. "That would be interesting, but I was never here for the likes of you. Those thugs you have over there will be wise to disband or else they will join their former commander in death...sooner or later."

Finished, the masked dropped another smoke bomb, vanishing out of sight. Meanwhile the mercs shaken by everything that happen began to help set up camp with Hakon's warriors. They would not sleep well that night.

(Sorry for the extreme delay been busy for a long time. Back though.)