Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Visus Imperium

Started by Lion, February 26, 2017, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"And where do you have to go?" The young man asked Mia, looking between her and her twin. They didn't really look a whole lot alike. "You guys got some business meeting to go to?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Mia tensed up. "I don't believe that's any of your business."

"Mi-uh." Kay elongated her name, shooting her a look that said "play nice". She huffed and folded her arms, putting her back to Rothsfield.

Kay rolled his eyes. "What my sister means is, thank you for the use of your weapons. They're very well kept."

Lion

"She's excused," Rothsfield shrugged and he just smiled at the pair. He gave an air as if nothing passed. And he trudged along with the weapons until he could set them down. He was quite handy, and although he only seemed to be using one fo them at the moment.

"So, though. I meant the question. What were you doing before you were found and brought to camp?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Another exchanged glance. "We're...training," Kay said slowly.

Mia shrugged. "I'm a mordecai. What do you think we were doing?"

Kay winced.

Lion

Rothsfield chuckled. "Okay Mordecai," he laughed. "You're so prickly. What's the matter with you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"What's the matter with me-?!"

Kay clapped a hand over her mouth and dragged Mia closer to his chest, effectively trapping her. He arched an eyebrow. "To be fair, we were abducted earlier today. It's...rather difficult to warm up to people in such a situation," he pointed out mildly.

Lion

"Not what I meant, but okay," he murmured. Rothsfield chuckled and set the items down. "Fair enough, the two of you. All right, in case you didn't know. I'm the Quartermaster's assistant. Anything you need, you come to me and I'll find some way scrounge it up for you.  But you do have access to almost everything in the camp. Except leaving, for now until Roland gives the say so. I'm afraid that's just the way it is."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Mia grumbled something under her breath but Kay just shrugged. "Thank you- Rothsfield? I think we're alright for now."

"Hungry," Mia pointed out churlishly. Kay rolled his eyes at her.

Lion

Rothsfield knew better than to question their hunger, however he also knew that Roland made a point of ensuring that everyone was fed. But if they were hungry, they were hungry. They probably just needed a good stiff drink to calm their nerves. Everyone did once in a while.

"Name's Stellan. Rothsfield is just a formality. I'm the Quartermaster's assistant around here. Anything you need you just come to me and I'll see if I can scrounge it up for you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Aye, Stellan." Mia gave him a rather sarcastic salute and Kay frowned at her.

"Would it kill you to be civil?"

"It might." She beamed at him innocently and turned on a heel with a click of her fingers and a, "Brutus, c'mon."

The dog fell into step beside her, tail wagging and she scratched his shoulders- it was more for herself than him, the repetitive motion oddly soothing.

Lion

Stellan looked at Kay and chuckled. "Is she always like this?"  The answer was obvious, but it bought him no small amount of amusement. Kay seemed the more level-headed of the two, and even as their dog walked along with the sister, Stellan stayed with Kay.

"So, anything I should know about you and your sister? Sorry if I'm prying, but I try to get to know everyone that Roland drags into camp. It's kind of a hobby of his apparently."  Rothsfield shrugged. "Anyway, anything I can do for you now, Mr. Kay?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Ah- I'm sure...Roland will tell you anything you need to know," Kay muttered pointedly, though he shifted a little awkwardly. He wasn't used to being asked about himself..

Lion

Hm, it didn't work that way but Stellan was willing to simply shrug and step away for a second.  "You look like you fight pretty good with a blade. But you're a mage aren't you?" he asked. "What kind of magic do you have?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Wariness set his shoulders and he eyed the other man sidelong, but answered slowly, "Elemental. Fire, mostly."

He really wasn't accustomed to talking about this. In fact, aside from with Mia and now Roland, he didn't think he'd ever actually openly acknowledged his magic before.

Lion

"Oh, good. That's good," he said with a nod. Stellan didn't mean to pry, but why not? The lad didn't seem like he had anyone else to talk to other than his sister.

"But you have interest in arms and armor? In the even your magic can't help you, you looked like you can handle yourself with a sword pretty well."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Kay smiled a bit. "I'm pretty good with a blade, yeah." He shrugged- not bragging, just being blunt. "Honestly, I'm probably better off with a sword and shield than I am with...magic. Haven't had much opportunity to train it."

Lion

"No one's made Roland dance like that for some time. So I'd say you're on the right track," Stellan admitted. "Well, I guess that concludes our meeting for the day. If you two have a mind to stay, let me know. I'd hate to set aside equipment for you and then it goes to waste."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

He tried not to puff up a bit at that and offered a quick smile. "I will. Thanks." With a glance after Mia, he muttered, "Better track down my other half before she picks a fight with someone else... Pleasure to meet you."