Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Visus Imperium

Started by Lion, February 26, 2017, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Faie enough," he replied. "We are Red Legion. We are the people of Connlaoth displaced by the war. Alyssa there was a hunter. She's now one of my best scouts. Me, I was a Mordecai. Now that's in the past. What's in the future now is taking back the land and returning to the people.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Mia snorted. "And how do you plan to do that, all what- fifteen of you? You think you can go up against the whole of Connlaoth's forces?"

Kay, in contrast, was silent, a contemplative look on his face as he tilted his head and watched Roland.

Lion

Roland grinned.  He could appreciate her snarky reply now. At least it had it's place. "That's the kind of abrasive remark I can admire. When the moment is right. One person at a time. What you see here is only a small part of those who follow me.  These people are taking back what was theirs in the first place."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

The twins shared a look, gold eyes meeting silver in a brief, silent conversation.

"And..." Mia looked back to Roland, the hostility in her eyes marginally lessened. "Mages. What would happen to mages, in this fantasy of yours?"

Lion

"I was hoping you would ask that. Mages are as much a part of Connlaoth as everyone else. Mages are more than welcome to join the Red Legion. And any disagreements from nonmages are swiftly dealt with. I won't have anyone here that doesn't agree with a unified Connlaoth, for all her people," he answered levelly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Another glance exchanged.

Suddenly, Kay spoke. "I want my cat."

Mia had to duck her head to hide a smile, focusing on scratching Brutus's ears.

Lion

Roland jerked his head to Kay. "Where's your cat?  If he's anything like Brutus, he's more than welcome here."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Kay smiled and Mia scoffed. "Back at our camp. Maybe. She's a cat, she doesn't stay in one place too long."

Lion

"Well, I'm sure he'll find his way to you," Roland said, and finished his plate. Well, most of it and gave the rest to the dog.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Brutus was obviously hungry, but he growled quietly and gave a confused look between Mia and Roland. Only when the mordecai had placed a hand between his shoulders reassuringly did he tuck in.

Kay shrugged. "Just nobody shoot at a calico cat if they see one. She tends to find me on her own."

Lion

[Lol. Poor Brutus. He's so confused right now. "Grrr bad guy. But food!"]

Roland chuckled, I'll tell my soldiers to keep a look out. That aside, tell me about yourselves, Mr. Kay and Mia. And I'll to answer your questions as best I can."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

[Pretty much, ahaha!]

Mia and Kay glanced at each other, then at their food, then at Roland, then back to each other, then said in unison, "What do you want to know?"

The twins paused and shot identical glares toward each other. No matter how much they hated it when it happened, their moments of synchronization tended to increase in frequency under pressure.

Lion

Roland smirked with some small amusement. "Okay. I'll ask. From where do you hail?  Your dog suggests a highland breed, but that could very easily be throwing. Dogs of any breed are loyal."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"The church," Mia replied bluntly. "We grew up in the church. We got shipped out of Reajh when we were kids."

She stroked her dog's ears and Kay spoke up. "Brutus is a mage hound. Mia got him as a pup."

Lion

Roland nodded to Mia and Kay.  "And how was that? growing up in the Church? I can't imagine that was very easy. I once served the Church, I once served the Grand Duke himself. Idealism...hardly ever fits into reality."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

A shrug from Mia and a sardonic smile from Kay. "It was lovely," he said in a tone that implied it was anything but.

Lion

"And now? Where were you living now before I found you hunting in the woods?" Roland pressed, not quite one to give up just yet.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Mia jerked her head in a general westerly direction. "Small village, Elmvale, back that way. The last priest that was in charge of us couldn't handle the stress, and shipped us here."

Lion

Roland nodded.  "So being shipped from church to church is kind of a pain in the ass isn't it. Well, I'd like to extend you an offer. A real offer. You're not prisoners here, you're guests. But as my guests, you're welcome to stay. Call us your home if you wish. If you want to leave....you're free to do so as well. But I hope you understand why we have to take precautions, and couldn't simply let you go in the first place. I do apologize for the inconvenience."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Another beat of silence, another look.

"What would we have to do in return?" Mia asked, eyes narrowed slightly.