Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Quieting Piano [M]

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2017, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He looked into her eyes, really looked into them.
"Wouldn't I be the most dangerous to know?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

A little tilt of her head and she moved her hand to gently trace over his features. Her thumb moving along his jaw before Medina shifted and gave a content little sigh. "Of course not. I didn't tell you to hear anything in return. Im drawn to you. I want kiss your hurts and hear your laughs. Bear your children,"  she teased, "you're the perfect person i should let know. Youre one of the two that potentially benefit from it."

visualspice

"Yes, but I'm also the one man who could end it all," he told her seriously, his own hand moving to cup her face. Her studied her. Her features were common, except the gold of her eyes. They were a reminder of what she was not.

"Being with me, open or not, is dangerous."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina closed her eyes and gave a sleepy content sigh.

"I'm not asking for anything," she said, giving him a small hesitsnt smile. "I'm not asking for you to... to keep me. Or return my feelings. I just figured that while we're both completely naked and you're still inside me that perhaps you could use a little honesty." Medina pressed up into him for a kiss, "I'm not concerned with anything ten feet away from here. I can worry about that later, because I know nothing i do now is going to change it."

visualspice

It was strange to hear it. They were both living in the moment and at any second he knew whatever this was could be snuffed out. Perhaps she was right. Living now, just right here, with him, was perhaps a paradise in it's own right.

A warm hand smoothed up one side of her body as he kissed at her cheek, then neck before he let himself sigh into the bed. Heheld her close, his heart beat still hammering inside his ears as he sighed and kissed at her hair, gently stroking it and enjoying the simply quiet moment the pair was spared.

Draconian

Medina just watched, letting the silence linger.

It wasnt uncomfortable. It was warm and she turned her head just a moment too late to cwtch his lips in a kiss. Still, that hardly mattered. Snuggling into the bed with him, she shifted to her side and tossed a leg over his hips.

A sigh and she snuggled into the bed, eyes closed. "Rest with me," she whispered, indicating for him to sleep with his head to her breast and him in her arms, "we can wake and make love again. Just a sweet quiet day. Fo you. For us."

visualspice

Rest would not come easily. For any semblance of sleep was robbed of him- but this time with dreams of another kind and he woke up sticky with sweat, not from their sex, but from whatever terror had plagued him and caused him to sit up so suddenly in the night.

He turned to her suddenly, a frantic look on is face, before he tossed the covers off his naked body and began to move with a purpose across the room.

The dream..
the terrible dream....
He had to go make sure his son was still alive-
The images far too real to disbelieve.

Draconian

It was a shock, having someone quickly and with purpose get up and leave your bed. Medina had been awake, watching the enigma of a man sleep beside her. Watched his features contort before his sudden movement. Quickly, she followed, dragging the blankets from the bed to cover her own naked body.

"Calent!" Was he sleep walking? She rushed, moving a little faster so she could cut him off at the door, her hand moving to his chest to press against it while she stood between him and leaving the bedroom. "Do I repulse you so? What's going on?"

visualspice

When Medina was finally at his side did he pause, blinking as he felt himself pull back into reality- from his dream, from that nightmare before he turned suddenly to look at her.

Then he sighed, a hand pressed against the unopened door before he pressed his forehead against it and closed his eyes.

"It was just a dream..."

A dream...
When was the last time he could enjoy such a thing?

Draconian

"A dream?"

Now that he wasn't moving to pull the door open as violently as it looked, Medina leaned over to look at him, concern in her golden eyes. "Stranger?" Her hand moved up his back before she moved the blanket and pressed it against his back on the off chance that maybe he would become chilled.

"What did you dream about? It seems it wasn't a very good one."

visualspice

His eyes remained distant in thought,  but the shimmering remains of his fears were still there.

"Hope..." he began, voice croaky and soft. "I'd like to see him."
Just in case it wasnt a dream. 

Draconian

Medina blinked a few times before she nodded her head a few times.

"Of course." Her hand rested on his shoulder before she gave him an up and down glance, "you should get dressed." Though, she wasn't entirely sure where the maid had taken her son. Likely to her own assigned room where his crib was. Medina moved back to her clothing, leaving the blanket trailing behind her before trying to toss it back onto the bed and getting into her clothing.

"Will you be okay?" Medina asked softly, pulling on her clothing before watching the father of her child. Her little Hope.

visualspice

He was standing, poised at the question- eyes ever distance before he wrapped the blanket around himself. Had he nodded, it was subtle, and he opened the door to beckon a maid.

"Bring the child," he told her, his voice barely over a whisper. The exchange was quiet as the maid bowed to leave. Calent closed the door with a soft click before standing, eyes on the door handle, but looking well past.

His dream had been too real. And he could still feel the sweat on his skin from it.

Draconian

Madina curled into herself when he didn't reply to her, the nod so subtle it just looked like a tremble. Maybe someday, she would be worth words, but did she want to stay so long to gain that worth? Could she handle it? While she stayed at Calent's side while the maid rushed off to get the baby Medina remained silent, thoughts tumbling and drifting.

A glance at the window and a spark of a futile idea was interrupted by a knock on the door and the handle moving. The maid had brought Hope's personal watcher - a woman Medina had grown close to and seemingly loved Hope like her own. Without really thinking, Medina moved forward arms open for her child.

A soothing balm for frayed nerves and prickly tempers. Hope took the transfer gracefully, eyes wide and looking up at his mother. His little feet kicked beneath the clothing he was wearing. "Hello my love," she whispered, pressing a kiss to her baby's forehead before turning and holding him in such a way that he would easily be taken, be turning to Calent.

"He seems to be in a good mood this day" she commented, feeling a twinge of regret that she hadn't been the one to wake up with him.

visualspice

His eyes never once left his child's and when Hope was offered to him, he scooped him up in his arms and began to gently, soothingly speak to him. If she was ever looking for a rare moment, this was it, as the man, so far gone within himself, into the war, that these smiles he showed so genuine and true were almost a mirage.

He leaned down to kiss his son upon the forehead, gently rocking him and humming a song.

Draconian

There would never be a time where she believed that he'd loved her, or had been infatuated or even cared about her. Medina was a realist. She knew where she was and what was going on was an extremely risky venture. She knew that the chance of her surviving this - a mage in the grand duke's bedroom - and if that information was ever found out, she would be drawn and quartered.

Seeing Calent with Hope though let her mind wander for a moment and she daydreamed that maybe, in another lifetime this would be normal. A man and his son and... Her, she supposed. Medina was never in her day dreams. She just imagined her son being a fat happy baby with his father smiling at him.

She remained silent, simply watching and taking in the sweet moment before her, knowing that she'd replay it in her head until Hope was an adult and had kids of his own. Maybe if she didn't try to insert herself in the moment Calent was having with his child, he wouldn't recoil so. Clearly, he wasn't so stone hearted and he made people believe.

visualspice

There was a long moment of silence that hung once the song was over. It went on a long moment more before Calent 's voice rumbled softly.

"There's no greater fear than the loss of a child." It was true, sentimental, but also real.  Hope was his future, even if he couldn't announce their connection of blood.

"I didn't think the nightmares would come for him."

Calent's eyes remained on his child but his mind had gone elsewhere. And although Medina was the only other within the room, it was hard to tell if he spoke to her.

Draconian

There wasn't. Medina could sympathize.

Slowly and with some hesitation, she reached forward and pressed a warm hand to Calent's shoulder, moving in closer to peer at Hope from beside him.

"I don't know if this is any comfort for nightmares," she whispered, golden eyes determined, "but I'm sure many would protect this child with their lives." Medina thought for a moment about how much she kept secret from this man beside her, tenderly cradling a child. How many things she kept hidden.

Thankfully being in a building full of mordecai helped her keep her secret but sometimes but she knew that someday kissing away injuries might catch up with her. "At the very least, I will die for him and..." Medina trailed off and sighed, curling in slightly, not wanting to fully accept that she was to gift the world with another bastard child. What a turn her life had made. What she wouldn't do to return to the clinic with her children and live a normal simple life as a healer.

visualspice

He remained quiet as he doted over his child, cooing softly, subtly before letting the child fuss over the ends of his hair.  When he pulled a bit too roughly, he freed his hair and held Hope closer to his chest. The babe still reached for his hair.

"I believe he will be someone all of Connlaoth will come to protect..  to respect. "

Draconian

Medina didn't mean to scoff at the idea but she watched Calent be prehaps the most tender she'd ever seen him. Would they respect Hope if his parentage ever came to light? Would she be put to death before that could happen? "You believe that will happen, but what are you hoping for?" Medina questioned, pushing her hair back over her shoulder and sloppily braiding it, "What do you want for our Hope?"