Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Without Fate's Hand to Guide You [m]

Started by Draconian, April 05, 2017, 10:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

The dress was getting more heavy and itchy as the day went on. Finally, with minimal fidgiting, they came to end. Adalia flushed at the idea of kissing him and she looked at him. Their lips touching was.. Well, as was to be expected of kissing a strange.

Still, she pushed into it, her hands on his elbows. Pulling away, she looked at Edward. She could have done worse. Slowly she looked to Britta. She was officially-officially the girls step-mom. Did Britta want siblings? Adalia gave a small smile to Edward, "I'm a little nervous now," she whispered to him.

visualspice

"Why are you nervous?" he whispered back, squeezing her hand reassuringly. "We haven't even had our dinner yet."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

A quick glance around and she smiled at his attempt to reassure her.

"I don't think I've had so many eyes on me in my life," she admitted, glancing around. Thenn, for her own benefit, she leaned in, lips close to edward's ear, "and you aren't too bad of a kisser." Leaning back, she smiled and waited for the reaction  - also to be led away. She had no idea where she was going.

visualspice

It took too many moments for him to get what was going on, his face completely red from his comment, but he stumbled on out, new wife on his arm as all of the guests cheered. He couldn't wait to get out of the prying eyes of all of their guests, but he knew the day would be long with a lot of entertaining. After all, he naturally had to host a wedding celebration within his own castle-
But now all he was thinking about was what the night would bring.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

It was a strange whirlwind of similar but... Different.

In Adalia's opinion, everything was perfectly modest.

As was Serenian tradition or tradition for her family, after they arrived back at Edwards home - her home now, she supposed - Adalia excused herself. Asking a maid where her belongings had been taken, Adalia was pleased to find them put away and ... Deep breaths. Just a moment to herself. Closing her eyes, she took a breath and pressed her hands to her stomach.

Jade green eyes were casting around the room in search of her other dress. Deep breaths. Adalia stared down at her gloves, pressing her fingers together while she undid the sides of the extravagant wedding gown. She'd forgotten to request that specific dress be left out. There were impressions to be made. Opinions to be formed.

Adalia's back was exposed in the dress as she wandered around her new bedroom, pushing things aside in the closet. A look to various cases and containers and she pried one open. Nothing. Where was it? All her anxieties were made apparent while she searched frantically for the dress. They'd think she was just... Gone. The aloof serenian. The mage... Did they know? Surely they knew.

No. Her father could have lied about it.

Adalia stared at the various other articles of clothing in the closet. Her pants and shirts had been folded and tucked away in the ornate dresser. Deep breaths. Any dress here would be fine. They were fancy enough on their own. It would be fine. Angrily she wiped at the frustrated tears, head ducked down while she gathered herself and simply picked a vibrant blue dress, all slink and drape. Maybe she took too long, but she was still frustrated while she pulled it on, making sure it fell just right. Making sure the gloves were on high enough to cover the burns.

Had her father lied about those too?

She supposed, she should ask her new... Edward... What he knew about her.

Then maybe she could tell him the truth. Start off on a ... At least... Truthful foot.

Adalia fixed her hair, pinched her cheeks to add a flush to them that wasn't caused by the salt of her angry tears and finally descended to this... Party of his. The end of the dress was hooked to her wrist to keep most of it off the floor and watching his guests... Adalia felt like an intruder. Who of these people were family? Friends?

At least she could make Edward blush. Silver lining. Was that him over there?

Well, shit.

Nervously she chewed on her lower lip, looking around. Couldn't even tell her own husband from the crowd.

visualspice

That's when a little hand grabbed at her own. Britta's eyes were large as she looked up at her.
"Come on! You're making Daddy nervous! He's been looking for you!"

Draconian

Saved by the daughter.

Adalia smiled at Britta, curling her hand around the little girls before giving a little hesitant nod.  "I'm sorry, Honey, can you lead me to him? I'm afraid I'm not used to seeing so many... Common hair colours."

visualspice

Britta made a face at her. She had no idea what she meant.

"There are a lot of people here. My dad doesn't normally like that. He says too many people means too many can be thinking about you." Though she never fully grasped the reason nor logic behind it, but she had heard her father say it on more than one occasion, though never to her.

She continued to tug on Adalia's hand.

"He's over here. Out on the balcony."

so many eyes were upon them as the child guided the 'new mother by marriage' along, and out through the open set of double doors to where a man in equal fancy attire from earlier (but obviously not the same garb) had his back to the pair. He was the only one out there, and he was staring off towards the gardens.

"Daddy!"

Turning, she'd note it was Edward, who's smile warmed at the sight of his daughter.

"There you are!" He bent down to hug his daughter tightly, keeping her to him for a great long time before finally letting her go and peering over at Adalia sheepishly as his daughter huffed,
"I found her. She was over there." And she pointed, acting like her father might know what direction she had meant.

He smiled at her.

"Thank you for bringing her to me, Britta." And as he rose, his eyes took Adalia in with a small smile.
"You look radiant in that color," he told her. "Would you care for a drink?"

Draconian

Paranoid fellow then?

Adalia let Britta lead her away, smiling all the while and letting the girl tug her along. Finally there he was. Her cheat-sheet of remembering most people by the weird hair colours serenians were blessed with wasn't going to work here. She supposed she could start by remembering his face. It was sweet how much he loved his daughter.

"I..." Adalia hadn't been expecting the compliment but she smiled all the same, "Thank you." She moved towards him, moving to stand beside him, "I would love a drink," An easy smile to him and she turned to look at the gardens. "I'm sorry for disappearing, It seems the day caught up with me when I couldn't find the original dress I wanted I... Kind of lost my head." A tight lipped smile and she motioned to the blue one, "But I made do and I feel a little better now. Still nervous. Do you know all these people?"

visualspice

"Well, this dress suits you well." He paused a moment, to really admire her hair. It was truly unique. He never saw anyone with such hair. Then again, he rarely left Connlaoth.

At her comment about all of the guests, he shrugged and blushed a little.
"I do. I know each and everyone of them by name." He sighed and looked past her towards the crowded castle halls.

But now wasn't the time to be socially anxious. He turned a smile to her. "What's your preferred drink?" he asked, moving over towards a small bar left private out on the balcony.

Draconian

Adalia wasn't used to attention to her hair colour. It was... Well. 'Known' by the bloodline. Not too many serenians had it and if they did - they were probably related to her. Adalia tilted her head, catching a curl of it in her palm and looking down at it. Sure enough, it changed colour in the light and she sighed softly before she looked back at him and then towards the castle.

"That's a lot of names," she said softly, looking to him. Would she have to remember all those names? Hopefully not. Adalia sighed and smiled back to him, following him to the bar. "One of everything?" She teased softly, and then pursed her lips, "I will have whatever is your favourite."

visualspice

Edward looked at her and sighed.
"I hope you don't mind your spirits mixed with something sweet."
he tended to prefer it that way. He was never fond of how bitter alcohol was. The burn well.. burned his belly as well. At least with something sweet to go with it, it made part of the process easier.

He poured some sweet juice into two drinks and then the alcohol over top. A dry wine.

He handed one glass to her.

"It's just wine and simple juice." He held the glass up. "Shall we toast? I realize this is our first drink as man and wife."

Draconian

Adalia grinned widely.

A man who admitted to not enjoying how bitter alcohol was. A little tilt of her head and she just watched him ready the drinks, carefully, politely, she took the one offered to her and brought it to her nose to smell. Far better smelling than anything she'd drank before!

A nice surprise, at least.

Adalia held her own glass up. The ache set in when he said man and wife. All those she left behind. Tears collected in her eyes but she quickly blinked them away and smiled through them, reaching her glass to his and pressing the sides together with a clink. "To a... Long and happy marriage," she said softly. That's what he wanted, right?

That's what she was supposed to want. Right?

"And ..." What else, "Many... Uh.... Many children." Adalia tried not to wince at the mention of many children. It may have come out as a grimace, but she quickly took the glass back and brought it to her mouth, taking a sip and giving a delighted hum. "I like your concoction."

visualspice

He couldn't help it. When she mentioned children, his mind went to how to make children and he was choking on his drink.

Draconian

Adalia's eyes widened.

"Edward!" She moved her glass away and put her hand on his back, "what did I say this time!"

visualspice

He held up his hand and waited until he was finished coughing, and once he more or less had his voice back, he gave her a sheepish smile.
"Please don't blame yourself. I simply mis-swallowed my drink."

Draconian

Adalia pulled a face but nodded. That was fair. Another sip of her drink as she turned and stared at the garden and then her glass was empty and she just frowned at it. Huh. So, holding the empty glass she just stared.

Slowly she turned look at the people inside and she smiled to Edward. "I don't think i'm ever going to fit in here," she admitted, holding out the empty glass, "but i look forward to at least making one new friend."

visualspice

"One new friend?" he asked, moving to refill her glass.

Draconian

"Well," she took the new glass and sipped, "two." Another sip and she closed her eyes for a moment, "You and Britta." Sighing, she tucked her chin down for a moment. "We can get along, right? I'd hate to be miserable in my marriage."

visualspice

"Oh." He smiled a bit sheepishly for not getting that at first.
"I'm sure you'll make lots of friends here," he assured her. "I can take you out, let you meet my family, other nobility..."