Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Without Fate's Hand to Guide You [m]

Started by Draconian, April 05, 2017, 10:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Adalia smiled to Edward and looked away for a moment.

"I... Don't know," she answered honestly, "This is a lot to take in in one day." Swallowing she sighed and looked away, "But... I've already come this far." She knocked back the rest of her drink and rolled her shoulders, putting a polite face on, though there was a flush on her cheeks from the alcohol. 

"Introduce me. So that the next time this happens I can awkwardly ask you their names again. Everyone here has the same hair colour," She said softly, looking back at the crowd of people, "Doesn't that confuse you?"

visualspice

"Confuse?" he blinked. "No, though I suppose i'm just used to it?"
Colorful hair was indeed a rarity up north, and if him still admiring her opal hair wasn't attest to that, everyone else oogling her, surely was.

"But you won't have you remember everyone. I've lived here most of my life and have interacted with just about everyone you see here in this room," he went on, gesturing towards the mass of guests. "But to know them all in one night would never be expected of you."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Right.

Adalia looked away for a moment.

"Do you think they'll like me? I won't have food thrown at me, will I?"

visualspice

"Like you? Oh,but of course!" What was not to like, her serenian ancestry aside? As far as he could tell, he was lucky to have such a beautiful wife, and as far as he could tell during their brief time together, she seemed like quite a lovely person!

He made a face at her last question.
"Food? Why would they ever throw food at you?" Had someone thrown food at her before? How strange. Maybe he wasn't all well educated on serenian customs as he had thought.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Adalia cleared her throat.

"Well. Its easilt on hand and its either food, drinks or furniture," she smiled all the same and took a deep calming breath. "Alright Edward," she held out a hand for him to take, "lets go meet your people. If you let go of my hand i may run away, just warning you."

visualspice

He gave her hand a squeeze.
"I'd never abandon my wife. Never."

It was true. Edward wore his heart on his sleeve, and was to kind for his own good- a fact she'd come to know by the way he acted- and also among the people she'd begin to meet. It was a tiring affair, going from one set of guests to the next, and by the time they were in the ballroom, and hadn't shared but one dance, even Edward himself, as exhausted.

"I wish I was as young as I used to be. I don't recall ever becoming so tired and so early in the occasion. We havne't even gotten a chance to dance as man and wife and I'm already..." He yawned and looked at her sheepishly. "Well.. doing a bad job at fighting off a yawn."

Draconian

Needless to say, Adalia was surprised and pleased when he didn't leave her behind. There was a lot of people and pleasantries but... Adalia took a breath and let it out slowly once there was a break. Her cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

"Well," Adalia tilted her head, looking at Edward, taling in his features so she didn't mistake him for some other Connlaothian man. "We can do one dance, and then sneak away and we can put you to bed." Adalia herself was too nervous and too overwhelmed to be tired, but she knew that as soon as her head hit a pillow and she was verticle she'd pass right out.

visualspice

Edward nodded, blushing subtly at the implications that still plagued him on what a shared bed entailed...

But perhaps she had not meant to make it seem she desired to rush to his bed in that manner? It seemed they were both quite tired, after all. And now the music was changing. He offered her his hand.

"Then would you like to have this dance with me?" THe music was sweet, partially serenian influenced. He rather liked the song.

Draconian

Adalia smiled, red on her cheeks from the hear of the room and the people. "I'd like that," her voice was soft and she placed a gloved hand in his. It was a slower dance and Adalia did her best to follow Edwards lead,  it was the same but different. Sort of like her new life.

Adalia closed her eyes for a moment, a wave of sadness crawling up her throat. Unshed tears for what will never be for her.  She could run away and go on adventures, sure but... Here. Would she want to?

When the song ended, Adalia had her head rested on Edwards shoulder and she sighed before pulling away.  "Can we go now?"

visualspice

Edward nodded. It was a sweet way to end the dance and...
He couldn't deny he was beginning to awaken something within himself that had long remained dormant since...

The one night with Dahlia Gray.

But tonight, he was just glad, his body was a light with a growing fire for his new wife. At least it was a sure sign it would be enjoyed. Hopefully for her as well. He didn't think much on it, perhaps it was instinct, as he kissed her cheek and moved to take her arm.

"Yes. We can retire for the night now if you wish."

Draconian

Thank Kia.

Adalia couldn't wait to get out of this dress. It was sweaty and clingy and she gave Edward a pleased little smile and started to tug him along. She ignored the one voice that rang out about her being eager. "Has Britta gone to bed?" She frowned slightly, "I never said good night."

visualspice

"Yes." he blushed, feeling awful for it. "When we were talking with the Constances, one of my servants let me know she had falling asleep on the Veranda and they had taken her to bed."

Draconian

Adalia flushed and looked away.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't even notice." A quick look back to edward and she sighed before offering her gloved hand again, "Shall we then? You can walk me to my room," and then they can part ways. And she can sleep.

visualspice

Edward gave a nod.
"Just follow me."

She wasn't expected to know the layout of his home, and, in fact, he was still only learning it as the castle was only his home within the past year. IN fact, as they were making their way back, he had to apologize for taking her down the wrong hall at first!

"Highheart's castle is.. really quite large," he said, laughing lightly as he continued until they made it to the Duke's hall.

"Now tonight.. err.. a marital bed has been prepared." His cheeks went pink at the idea, but he tried to present it civilly. "And I.. I can assure you I'll be as gentle with you as I can."
After all, consummating was the whole purpose of this evening, schmoozing aside.

Draconian

A confused little tilt of her head. The walk had been entertaining to say the least and she'd just grinned when he'd taken her down the wrong hallway.

"Gentle...?"

Adalia curled her arm around his, "I suppose we'll have to nic my thigh on the marriage bed. At least give them the illusion you just... Battering rammed down my virginal door," a glance to his face, "Though, i suppose gentle should be fine. We should get to know one another before you have my screams of your names echoing down the halls."

The little glances to his face was Adalia checking for blushes.

visualspice

The blushes were there.
"Do.. do you not wish to.. to .. consummate tonight? We.. I... If you need more time to prepare.."

Draconian

Adalia was pleased with the reaction.

"Do you?" She whispered, a moment to smile, "you're like a blushing bride, Edward."  Adalia placed her hand on his arm and gave it a squeeze, "its okay if you're not comfortable. We can just sleep in the same bed and I can cut my thigh. No one has to know."

visualspice

He turned to her, and touched her arm carefully as he looked into her face.
"I'd never let you hurt yourself on my account."
But he shook his head.
"No.. I.." he was still blushing. "I do desire you. You are a beautiful woman but... I'd never force myself upon you, or anyone. Honor comes before duty."

Draconian

A small smile and Adalia just shook her head slightly.

"I'd like to get it over with, I suppose," Adalia held her hand on his arm, drawing her fingers down his arm. "Besides, the sooner you see me naked the sooner you'll maybe stop blushing."

visualspice

Edward stumbled a bit as he walked.
"I... apologize if my blushes offend you," he went on, face guilty, but there was still a smile. "But I'm being honest," he went on, pausing and stepping before her so she could look directly at his face.
"As your husband, I honor you. I'll cherish you, and will treat you as a treasure. If... sex on our first night offends you, I can wait." He had a daughter after all. But that being said, he was no stranger to sex.. in that right.

This was... different. The pair were still practically strangers.