Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wandering Lyre is Open for Business (Open)

Started by SilverLongjohns, April 10, 2018, 11:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyBlade

OOC: Sorry if I am too late to the party. :/

Under the night sky, with his shoes entirely filled with sand, Xhad finally notices some life.
His weariness is suddenly replaced by the storm of joy and gratefulness, as he sees the caravan nearby, hearing people talking.

All of a sudden, the man feels a tickle in his palm. His tattoo starts to glow, thus letting him know through a subtle signal that there is magic nearby.

He swiftly dashes to the caravan and is shocked with surprise. The space inside was unbelievably large but, above all, what filled his heart with warmth was the multitude of magical objects he could see inside. Xhadaronn knew it was a place he would like.

He remained at the entrance, studying the fair-headed woman and the tall, muscular man which seemed to be over-joyed.

"Are the signs tricking me? Is this a place where cosmic energy is appreciated?" he said with a wide, joyous, and warm smile, taking his hood off, revealing his dark red eyes which gleamed with contentment.
"It's been a long journey. I had certain problems with a Zantarian and, quite sincerely... I am not very skilled against the fierceness of the desert." he continued, a little ashamed as he has always been close to nature. The dryness of the wastelands was not his preferred location, though.

"May I join the warmth of this place for a while? How much would that cost? I should have some emerald or gold in my pockets here somewhere... or maybe--" he paused, shivering. "--Maybe silver if that would suit better..."

Xhadaronn stopped, studying the contrast between the small lady and the giant gentleman.
"Ah, forgotten I have to introduce myself. My name is Xhadaronn. It is a pleasure to meet such arcane-close and interesting individuals. What do people call you?"

SilverLongjohns

OOC: Terribly sorry, everyone. Real life seriously hit the fan this past month, but all is well and sorted now, thereabouts. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things, if everyone's still around- If not, perfectly understandable and I wish you the best!

---------

There was a roar of flame as Hedvig poked a raven-haired head out from a room, squinting and eyeing up the pair, as well as the newcomer who'd entered. His hands were covered in soot, and a firey red glow was emanating from the doorway that he'd emerged from.

"Khalia, Iggom is unhappy with the wood we've been feeding him. Says it tastes of sand and the hardship of slaves. They have slaves here, don't they?" He muttered to himself, "We shouldn't have bought local, I forget how sensitive his palate is." The dark-skinned man stepped out and closed the door behind him, the heat that had invaded the room fell to an acceptable level. He dusted off his hands on his furred coat, leaving large soot marks on his lapels. With a grin, he addressed the newcomer:

"Xha-dah-ronn- Xha-dah-ronn-" He rolled the name around on his tongue for a bit before tapping his foot, "Yes, yes I suppose that name will do just fine." He crooked an eyebrow, "Gold? Silver? Mmm... Well... I suppose we could take that off your hands..." Hedvig looked hesitant, as if embarassed to ask something, until his curiosity obviously wrangled it out of him with such force that he blurted out: "BUT IF I COULD MAYBE HAVE A LOOK AT YOUR EYES--? I-I mean- They're a rather unique color."

Pandora

"You're very welcome. I need to make you look presentable for our customers, after all! It's good to know those clothes are to your liking!" Khalia clasped her hands together, swooning with joy.

"Design what? The caravan? That would be my husband, Hedvig! Hmm... I wonder where he went? He could be anywhere by now!" Khalia scratched the side of her hair in wonder. "I have to introduce you to him, else he might wonder who you are!"

"Alchemist, you say? Ah, yes, yes. I have the perfect task for you! We have some materials in our storerooms that needs segragating! To be quite honest, the Lyre picks up all sorts of things along the way. We don't even know where they come from anymore! Most of them end up being plants and flowers, all sorts of mushrooms, sometimes a trinket here and there, maybe even some jewelry... If you're an alchemist worth your salt, you would be able to identify useful ingredients, yes, yes" Khalia beamed. "Aside from that, you can help us keep the reagents fully stocked and make basic potions to sell! Healing remedies are always in demand from our shelves..."

Khalia reached over to pat Evan's arm. "We certainly will! It's good to finally have some muscle around here!"

Hearing another voice enter the shop, the silvery-haired woman turned to see the new customer. "Welcome, to the Wandering Lyre!" She raised her arms and smiled as warm as the flood of yellow light within the shop interor. She nudged Evan to greet their new customer, now that he was part of their staff.

"It escapes me what a Zantarian would be, but I don't think we have a customer like that here in the Lyre just yet!" Khalia smiles and nods "So you're as safe as... safe as can be... here in the Lyre!"

"Oh, the fierceness of the desert is a force to be reckoned with indeed! This is a place of rest, so stay as long as your heart desires." Khalia smiles. The warmth within the Lyre was comforting in the coldness of the evening desert outside.

The woman turned to the doorway upon hearing the ruckus from behind. She looked rather calm, as if this was a common occurrence in the Lyre. "Oh yes, yes. Lots of slaves here in Essyrn. Well that won't do! If he is going to be grumpy about it, why don't you cheer him up with a treat? The petrified wyrmwood we got from those woodland faeries should suffice!" She crosses her arms.

"We'll take off your hands whatever you're willing to part with!" Khalia smiles and follows Hedvig. She looks into Xhadaronn's eyes as well. Now that Hedvig took an interest in it, she wanted to have a closer look too.

"Ooohhhh, agreed, agreed! I haven't seen many people with such eyes before!" Khalia smiled. "You say you are of the magical persuasion? Well, you've definitely come to the right place!"

Khalia beamed at Hedvig. "Ahhh, the Lyre becomes much more colorful with all these people everyday~!"

SkyBlade

"Thank you, Madame!" Xhad said, his wide grin continuous. "It seems a fantastic place, indeed!"
He folded his palms and bowed before the two individuals as a form of respect and also one of a second greeting.

Xhadaronn looked around the room, fascinated by what he saw. All the animal fur screamed "comfort" and "coziness", and the uncountable trinkets, together with all the magical objects around almost squeezed a few tears out of his eyes. "This... is... another... home!" he thought to himself. He did not know where to look first and the vibrations that betrayed magic were bombarding him from every direction.

However, It was not only the location that was superb, but also the presence of the souls that were just as covered in the mystic. As he could see before himself a huge man that, he heard, was skilled in alchemy, it was now more than obvious it couldn't be the mundane which inhabited the place.
And if that was not enough, the presence of Kalliandra surely delighted him. The clothing, the eyes, the gestures, the way she talked, just the overall being of her impressed Xhad for they clearly were proof of the closeness to the Arcane side of the stars and the general Mystic.

"I apologise, as I wish not to evoke the sparks of annoyance or ire by constantly repeating myself. But I must express my deep appreciation towards places like this! This is simply beyond wondrous..."

Seeing the door open and the reddish glow that brought with itself a heavy warmth, Xhad curiously glanced in the direction of Hedvig. There was something interesting in the tall man, something the half-blood could only sense... it was obvious he was not entirely human, this feeling being pronounced around Khalia as well.

Xhadaronn squinted a little, staring into the warm, pleasant green eyes of Hedvig, while carefully listening to his words. He just learned the name of the silver-haired woman and curiosity was smiting him brutally as he heard about the creature that was talked about.

"Ooooh... that ought to be something remarkably--" he began thinking, before he heard Hedvig speaking again, on this occasion to him.

"Yes, but you may call me Xhad, if you will." he said, upon seeing the man repeating his name. Afterwards, he proceeded to fold his hands and bow yet again, this time before the gentleman. "What is thy name?"

His clothes were also matters to Xhadaronn's liking. They did not seem strange, nor out of place. They were simply exotic, and the fur on his back looked so fuzzy, soft, and fluffy.

"Lovely!" the man continued, handing over 30 coins of gold and 50 more of silver. "I know not with certainty if that suffices, let me know if the amount ought to be changed..." he said, though he quickly stopped, seeing the dark-skinned man quiet, as if preparing to say something.

"Umm... is everything all ri--" Xhad began, but suddenly stopped, then slightly twitched, his eyes widening a little when he heard the words of Hedvig.

"Uh... I-of course! The colour is indeed a mystery... even for me to an extent!" he continued with a warm smile.

Seeing Khalia joining Hedvig, Xhad proceeded to say:
"My Master says they might have been grey, had I not had spirit ancestry..."

He looked around the place once again.

"May I have a closer look at the interior of this caravan? Everything is too fascinating not to deserve a look!" he continued, widely smiling yet again. "Oh, and also, is any of the rooms free? Drowsiness keeps coming and going, striking my eyes when less expected. I might need a bed to rest for a while, just in case..."

He could not help but immediately add another question to the row, as the memory of Hedvig's words about the mysterious creature returned to his mind. "May I ask thee about the identity of this creature? Behind the door, I mean... perhaps it is a dragon? A wyvern, or..." he tried to keep his calm and preserve the politeness in his tone, but the excitement and curiosity in him were pulsating with an overwhelming force.

Whim

(OOC: So sorry. I was on vacation and did not see the new replies!)

"Sorting reagents? I could handle that. And I'd love to make potions," he smiled, practically bouncing on his heals. The young man could feel the ebb and flow of magic more strongly now. It was invigorating. The prospect of sorting wasn't nearly so exciting as working proper magic. "Do you need anything made?"

And then a hooded young man, very excitable, burst into the Lyre with a flurry of questions with Hedvig was not far behind. The burly youth stepped forward and offered a hand at Khalia's insistence, darting in front of the split potion. It was so weird to be big, and taller than some of the men now. "Its nice to meet you, Xhadaronn, and Hedvig for that matter. I'm Ewan and I was just hired onto the Lyre.

"I suppose I'd better get to the storage room. Though now I've just got to know what Iggom is." Ewan canted his head to the side. "A kaadir dragon? Salamander? Flame spirit?"
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

SkyBlade

"Thank you, Ewan. I am very glad to meet someone adept in alchemy. I am certain it must be an honor to work in a place like this!" he responded with yet another smile. "The strength thou clearly wieldest ought to help thee in thy tasks as well, that is unquestionable!"

"I would be rather curious to find out what a kaadir dragon is, though. I have not exactly heard of such creature before. Hmm... perchance a unique race of dragons originating in Serendipity or, more likely, Adela?"