Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stardust

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2017, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kentamin smiled.
"To two and a half cups of wine beneath the stars "
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She laughed again. She couldn't remember the last time she'd laughed so much. "Two and a half?" She quirked an eyebrow as she tapped her glass against his and took a sip. "Hm. Scandalous." Her smile showed around the edges of the glass, and her eyes were bright as she looked up at him through her lashes.

visualspice

Taking a drink,  Kentamin offered her his arm.
"Shall we walk through the garden maze as we drink?" He offered,  suddenly feeling the need to walk off the jump scare from the drink carrying servant.  Walks helped when he was anxious.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"I'd be delighted." She took the arm her offered, glancing at him sidelong.

She thought she might understand...not the why, but certainly the reaction. Having spent most of her life as an overly sheltered wallflower, she was prone to bouts of anxiety herself, often prompted by minor triggers.

She didn't want to pry though, so she glanced at the hedge maze they approached and mused, "Is this thing kept up all year, do you think?"

visualspice

He was pulled from his own thoughts at her question and turned to regard her as he nodded.
"That's a more obvious confirmation than it should be. Someone that has the money to own such a garden and throw such lavish parties can spare the change to upkeep."

DragonSong

"A fair point," she chuckled. "And I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. My parents devote quite a bit of resources to upkeeping the grounds at our country estate—or at least they have been since we've been living there almost full time."

Her mouth twisted a little sourly around the words, the reminder that she was the reason her family kept themselves separate from most of high society. But she shook her head quickly, not wanting to linger on the thought.

visualspice

Kentamin paused at the first cross roads and turned to ask Lily, "Left or right?"

DragonSong

Lily had been walking with the fingers of her right hand dragging lightly over the right hand wall, and answered quickly, "Right."

She looked up at him and smiled a little sheepishly. "I, ah, read once that if you follow the right wall through a maze, you'll always be able to find the exit."

visualspice

Kentamin smiled and took a sip.
"Then should we go left and get lost intentionally?"

DragonSong

She blinked at him, a little startled. No one in her life would ever have suggested such a thing, especially not to her.

A grin stole across her face, and she dropped her hand from the wall to instead wrap both hands around his arm.

"I do believe we should."

visualspice

Kentamin's smile grew and he nodded and raised his glass to hers.
"A toast to getting lost?"

DragonSong

"I suppose we must," Lily chuckled, tapping her glass against his again and taking a small sip and they turned down the left hand path. She was quiet for a few moments, glancing up at her companion sidelong every so often.

Finally, she asked carefully, "Ser Kentamin, why...why are you out here with me? I know you said the party isn't exactly to your taste but...surely you could have toured the gardens yourself, if you'd only wanted some quiet and fresh air." Her lips twisted into a wry smile and she added with a small chuckle, "You didn't have to take pity on me."

visualspice

He didn't consider she'd ask him that. Infact, he himself, wasn't entirely sure he knew the answer. It had been so long since he'd been at a ball yet....
Somehow he craved something that wasn't just the dance.

His expression faltered briefly before he smiled.
"Is it that hard to believe a man simply craves company? Dances are fine and well... but it's been a while since I coukd..could... speak to anyone.. outside of war and propriety. " he dipped his head low and away.
"I.. I'm sorry if I've kept you from the dance. We could return."

DragonSong

“Oh, no! No, that isn’t what I meant at all, I’m sorry if I implied—“ Lily cut herself off, clearing her throat and flushing once again. “I’m quite enjoying our walk. Truly. I just…” She bit her lip and glanced down, then chuckled almost sheepishly and shook her head at herself. “I am unused to such attention, that is all. I suppose I was just… confused.”

She cut her eyes up at him and offered a small smile. “If you’d like to continue talking, I’m more than happy to listen.”

visualspice

Kentamin turned his gaze to her, genuinely curious and returned her smile with a small one of his own. Then he looked away, sighing. When had he gotten... or just felt so... old? He wasn't old by any means but with the events of the war...

No, many had faired worse than he. But even still...
He couldn't stop thinking about that time in the snow with that one mage....

Damn it all! Why were those thoughts coming up now? He hoped his expression didn't portray the thoughts he was shaking off now as he turned to her.

"I could use a drink."

DragonSong

"Oh, um, of course..." Lily gave him a smile and a nod back toward the light and music spilling out into the garden from the windows and doors of the palace. "Shall we brave the ballroom again then?" she offered in a rather faint attempt at humor. God she was so not used to these sorts of interactions.

visualspice

Kentamin gave a small smile. He hated this feeling. He used to feel so youthful, so ignorant...
But war, as it was foretold, never made a man sunnier.
"I suppose we should. Shall we?" he offered out his arm, when he tensed suddenly, and jerked in the direction of the noise, then whispered.
"I think someone's coming.."
And then he realized the pair were unchaperoned- both youths, man and woman...
And the scandle it could cause for them both.

DragonSong

Lily's eyes widened even as she reached to take his arm and her head snapped toward the sound of footsteps.

"Oh dear," she whispered, frozen. She'd never been in a situation like this before—she had absolutely no idea what to do. Hiding would only make them seem guilty if they were found anayway—and there was no reason, it wasn't as if they were doing anything wrong—but society rarely cared about what had actually happened. A good scandal was all that mattered.

visualspice

Kentamin turned from the noise and jerked her along, whispering, "Stay silent and close." He pulled her with him as he slipped behind a wall, staying out of sight but listening intently.

DragonSong

"Oh—" Lily had to clap a hand over her mouth to stifle the instinctive squeak, and she nearly stumbled as she followed along where Kentamin led. There wasn't much space behind the hedge wall he'd chosen, and she found herself pressed close against his side as they both waited, listening. Her heart thundered in her ears, and her own breath seemed absurdly loud, no matter what she did to try and quiet it.

Somewhere in the depths of herself, something stirred. She was tense, not yet frightened but creeping ever closer, and something dormant was waking up.