Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Constellations

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2017, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moccasin

After what seemed like ages, Ethalind finally made her way to the ballroom. She had been making nice with high society for a good half hour, and she decided it was time for her to have a little fun. She hadn't felt this dolled up in ages and her confidence showed in the way she walked. With each quiet sweep of her blue and cream-colored skirt, she summoned adoration.

Her eyes made their way around the room. She recognized a few people here and there, but all seemed too busy to pay her any attention. She waited by the walls patiently, enjoying the grand dance as she waited on her turn.

visualspice

"I'm sorry to hear that, my lady. In times of war, it seems good health is often presumed of those not in battle." He bowed his head out of respect, and caught something interesting from the corner of his eye. It appeared Ethalind Shanley had come into the ball room. He'd have to pay his respects to her. It hadn't been that long ago her brother had died, after all.

But then something else caught his attention that had him stepping on poor Lily's feet, in which he apologized profusely and tried to step back into tune with the music.
"I.. I'm sorry. I just.. I saw an old friend and wasn't paying attention to where my feet had fell. I hope I have not disgraced you with my failed step."

In truth, Kentamin knew Ethalind would be there, but hadn't considered her cousin, Margery, would be in attendance as well and..
For some reason, he grew a bit jealous to see her dancing with another young man. He only vaguely knew about the man on her arm- Toma Stark. A northern man. But a mordecai, so obviously one with the crown. He tried not to stare at the dancing pair and returned his focus to Lily.

"You do dance lovely," he assured her, returning back to the rhythm and grace of the music.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

A small squeak left her before she could stop it and Lily winced, then tried to wave his apology off. "Oh no, it's fine, really."

She was blushing heavily, eyes downcast. He'd stepped on her because he was watching someone else, she could see that much. She knew she shouldn't let that bother her, but...well. No one liked to feel invisible.

She easily forced a smile at his compliment though, shaking her head demurely. "Grace is the reflection of a good partner," she murmured, nodding to him.

visualspice

He couldn't help but laugh at that. Was it a true laugh? It certainly felt like it. It was strange.

"Then you are the most graceful woman here," Kentamin admitted, continuing to move with her, nice, pretty and light. There was a blush to his cheeks as well, as he had seen her's and well, he hadn't meant to become an awful partner, especially on the dance floor.

"At least a far better dancer than obviously I."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh, don't say that." A truer smile quirked at her lips and she managed to meet his eyes for a few moments. "You're a lovely dancer."

Lily glanced to the side, blush deepening slightly. "Do you...have someone else you'd like to share a dance with here? I-I'm flattered you asked me, but I wouldn't want to keep you..."

visualspice

"I do." It wouldn't do him any good to lie to the poor girl. There were two other ladies, in fact. Both out of propriety- and he couldn't help but be appealed at the idea to dance with either of them- not to say he wasn't enjoying the lady already on his arms.
He took a moment to indulge in her looks. She was a pretty little thing. He could grow attached to a sweet thing like her.

But did it matter? No, Kentamin couldn't marry, lest he prove himself a shame to the church. But what was the harm in some flirting? Even kissing...
As long as he didn't break his vow of chastity again, he felt this type of playful behavior would be acceptable. Or was he just that lonely to want to believe it was okay? He knew the consequences of his choices....

Perhaps he should have been wiser. Had he not chosen the path of God, any one of these lovely ladies could have been Lady Kentamin Dhelsbar. And part of him was starting to regret he couldn't play the courtship game.

But another man joined the ballroom from the veranda with far less favor of having a dance. But he knew he had to go through this room to get to the Stargazer's tower, which seemed to be at least a better reprieve than his little balcony in which he started to get a little drunk. Perhaps it was because he was drunk that he didn't care he was stepping into this room so boldly, and with no intentions of which to dance.

But unfortunately for Duke Leif Arrant,  there were too many pretty girls in his way in which he had to pass, and too many eyes looking at him.

DragonSong

"Oh, of course." Another polite smile and Lily ducked her eyes again. "Well, far be it from me to keep you from your lady-fair," she said in a half-teasing but still somehow politely deferential tone. "Though I do thank you kindly for the dance," she murmured as the music seemed to be coming to a close on the first dance.

Moccasin

Ethalind brought her attention to the Duke, but said nothing. She could tell that he was drunk, and a made a note to herself to avoid him. A man so intoxicated would not make a good dance partner, nor would his conversation be of any interest to her.

She began to grow impatient waiting for someone to approach her. "Where have all the good men gone?" she thought to herself, pursing her lips as her mind drifted elsewhere. "Perhaps the war has taken them. But Mother said this one would be quite large... Perhaps Mother was wrong. Fancy that. I could've been home doing...something. Something better than this for sure."

"Do I even deserve this? There are thousands of people struggling to survive outside these gates, and yet here I am, waiting. I suppose that's what I've been doing all my life. Waiting for a husband. Waiting for the war to end. Waiting for Arthur to come home... By Ansgar, I do hate being alone."

Jounin64

"No need for apologies, it was my fault for not being more careful." He lead her to the dance floor as gently as possible, to make up for their collision. If she had any doubts of his ballroom dancing, she shouldn't worry. As the legal heir to a duchy, these kind of formalities were driven so far into his memory that he couldn't forget them even if he tried.

As they began to dance, Margery took the liberty of introducing herself, causing Toma to blush slightly. Maybe not all formalities stuck. "I am Toma Stark, heir to the duchy Ajhfeld." His words lingered for a moment. "Well, I'm not so sure I'm heir anymore."

visualspice

ANd it was as it was, the dance had come to an end and Kentamin gave the lady fair a respected bow.
"Perhaps we shall share another dance later," And he moved to take her hand and gave the top of it a light kiss. But even from here, he could sense the unpleasant mood of another. And as he turned away from Lily to move towards the wall, he found his eyes falling upon Ethalind. He smiled and waved to her.

"My lady." He bowed. "I hope you have been well. How long has it been since the funeral? Too long it feels." Although it wasn't even a month ago. Had it been any longer, and Kentamin would have found himself back under the employ of the church.

Another song had started, and it reminded him of just where they were.
"Ah, another song has begun. Would the lady care to join me in this dance?" he asked of her, body bent down in a bow, hand extended out to her.

Moccasin

Ethalind's train of thought was broken by Kentamin's approach. She greeted him similarly, waving to him gently from her seat. She'd later stand, accepting his offer with grace. "I would quite like that, Sir Kentamin."

As the two joined hands, Ethalind would smile delicately, waiting for the music to pick up before inquiring him of his leave. "I assume your break is going well?"

visualspice

Taking her hand, he moved her out onto the dance floor. This song was lighter, and he found himself needing to step much more lively to keep in tune. At least it seemed his dance partner was born for her part, and he smiled down at Ethalind as she questioned his vacation.

"It's going well, thank you. I'm just elated I've gotten the chance to dance again and you, my lady Ethalind, do dance exceptionally."

Moccasin

"Oh, you do make me blush, sir." Ethalind's cheeks were indeed quite pink. "I could say the same of you. Pity you're tied to the church. I bet you can't go to many balls that way." Ethalind feigned disappointment, her eyes still smiling as she twirled to the sweet careening of the music.

glorilyss

The steps of the dance took the pair whirling into the ballroom floor, and Margaery felt a sharp pang of longing for the vivid steps of a country jig. She might be lucky enough to persuade the performers to play one, but would anyone here even know all of the steps? Most of the more common ones were surely known...

She snapped back to attention in time to catch her partner's own introduction, and felt a brief flutter of excitement in her belly. If her mother was annoyed by the fact that she'd snuck off, she'd surely forgot her irritation when she knew that her daughter had been dancing with a duke. Well, almost a duke. She offered him a brief smile. "I'm sure that the only thing that could disinherit you would be if you were a woman." As they turned in time with the music, she caught a glimpse of Kentamin, handsclasped with her cousin Ethalind, and felt a vivid jolt of irritation. She determined to claim him for the next round, and then they'd see who he preferred to dance with!

visualspice

"That is the unfortunate truth, my lady. Especially now with the war, but I don't wish to frighten you with the details." War was never a pretty thing, and in this moment right now, it was what he desired most. To dance, and laugh and forget his obligations. To have, at least a small taste, of the life he decided to cast away.

Yes, part of him hated himself for it, but what could he do now? He was only a few years into this- and what... Was he actually thinking of abandoning the order? No. But the man could dream.

"I suppose had I the chance, we'd be frequenting the dance floor, Lady Ethalind."

Moccasin

"If only that were the case," Ethalind noted with a hint of sadness. "Though I appreciate the sentiment, of course." The woman glanced up at Kentamin, her tender brown eyes twinkling in the immense candlelight. "Perhaps, on your next leave, we should meet again? Even now, there's bound to be a ball happening somewhere," she'd jest, her eyes darting demonstratively around the room.

visualspice

He couldn't help his smile as Kentamin continued to grace the dance floor with all the right steps, and the pretty lady in hand.
"Perhaps if there is another such ball, aside from the one we are already in attendance," he began, jestfully, "and you and I are both there, I shall ask you for not just one dance but I'll request two of you, Lady Ethalind."

Jounin64

Margery mentally drifted not long after they started their dance. Toma took note that she had that same look that he bears so often. That looked of pained nostalgia.

Toma gave the beautiful noble woman a chuckle in response. Not a genuine one though, the ones nobles are always trained to give. Albeit, not even someone as intensely trained as he could cover the sullen undertone in it. "I mean the crown overthrowing the current dynasty would disinherit me, but I'm not stupid enough to defy the crown." 

As the dance continued Margery seemed distracted once more. "Is something the matter milady?"

glorilyss

Margaery tore her thoughts from their current track, a slow flush flooding along the stalk of her neck and the curve of her cheeks. "Everything is quite alright. I just, ah.." She hesitated briefly, teeth nipping at her lower lip. She couldn't be honest - no man wanted to be told that the woman in his arms was thinking of someone else - at least, not entirely. And it wasn't like she was being unfaithful, for Ansgar's sake, she thought with a mental shake.

"I was just missing the dances we used to have back at my estate. In the mountains. I live in one of the passes between Connlaoth and Serendipity, but my father has farmland down in the foothills, and there's always a festival when we bring the reaping in." She had decided on part of the truth; so much easier to deal with. As they twisted in the middle of the dance, she shot another furtive glance at Kentamin and Ethalind, feeling a snooty snake of irritation curl into her belly. 'What a flirt.' She could hardly believe the nerve of the girl...

Moccasin

"What a bold proposition! though, I wouldn't want to keep you all to myself. The other ladies might get a little jealous." Ethalind would clear her throat, tilting her head towards Margaery. "She is my cousin. I can hardly allow you to ignore her."

Tags: