Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Desert Eagles(DragonSong)

Started by Elector Count of WAAAGH!, May 21, 2017, 11:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Gerwen raised his eyebrows as he looked at Ostwin, who meet eyes with his brother and just shrugged.

"Go get the men sorted. See if they have any pickaxes and get the road cleared." said Gerwen. "Don't want to be leaving a mess everywhere we go."

Ostwin nodded as he departed the entrance of the cart. Meanwhile, Gerwen put the arrows he held back into quiver and slung his bow over his chest. He said somthing to the trumpeter behind him, before climbing into the cart.

He walked over to where Neria stood then stopped. He put his hands on his heads and shook his head as he looked at her. He then extended his hand, saying in the process. "Need a hand?"

DragonSong

"No."

Her knees were threatening to collapse.

With a growl, she gripped his offered hand tightly. "Just...get me out of this place." Maybe away from the remnants of her curse, her magic would recover more quickly.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Easy there now." Gerwen said as he took the weight. With a heave he had the women's arm around his neck. "Well get you out of here, no sweat about it."

He slowly turned the both of them, calling out to the entrance. "Oi, give me a hand here."

The trumpeter climbed into the cart, grabbing the other side of Neria and slinging her arm over his own neck.

A minute later the two men helped the fae out of the wagon, outside the sun was peaking over the rocky cliffs, indicating it was still morning. The men outside still had there weapons drawn when the three of them exited.

"All right boys, nothing to look at here." Gerwen said as he let Neria down to the trumpeter. "Sergent, go get the men doing busy work; I think Ostwin needs help clearing the rubble."

"Can do sir." the crossbow sergeant said as he put away his sword. "Alright ladies, gather around."

The men who had previously surrounded the cart put lowered their weapons and arrows, before gathering around the sergeant to receive orders...

Gerwen and the trumpeter meanwhile helped Neria into the shade, before the both of them gently placed her down onto one of the rock slabs.

"Go get Gorgitz and have him switch with Gammy. We're going to need his medical skills." Said Gerwen to the trumpeter, who saluted and went off to find a medic.

Gerwen placed his hands on his hips as he watched the trumpeter walk off, before turning back Neria. "You feeling a bit better now that you got some fresh air?"

DragonSong

Neria recoiled from such close contact, years of training and an inborn wariness raising their heads. She allowed the men to support her, but didn't touch them anymore than was absolutely necessary.

Once she had some space, she stepped briskly away, forcing her legs not to collapse. "I am fine. I do not need your pity," she grumbled.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Yeah, yeah, your superior and all that." said Gewen as he simply waved one of his hand in the air in a shoo manner. "And now that's establish, could you kindly drop the act? This trip back home is going to be hard enough without someone constantly stroking their ego all the way back to Serendipity!."

DragonSong

"Then you needn't worry. I won't be with you that long," Neria replied coolly. The moment she could find someone to help her fix her magic, she'd be gone.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Gerwen just rolled his eyes. "We might be stuck with each other a little longer than you think; we are in the middle of a freakin' desert for pete's sake!" Gerwen exclaimed the last part while throwing his hands into the air. "The nearest village is miles away, unless you prefer to wander the desert along."