Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Looking for New RP Partner

Started by Nova_Eclipse, May 26, 2017, 11:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova_Eclipse

Hello, all.

I'm not really experienced with this part of the site, but I'll try my best to get to the point.

I started an RP thread - titled "A cure for your ailment" - with Heretic King/ARAD 1.0 as my first thread and the establishing thread/story/RP for my first (and so far, ONLY) character.

It got off to a great start, and I was enjoying the thread...

But then, a few months ago, H.K/ARAD stopped posting to the thread.  I sent a few PM's to him asking if something was wrong on his end, IRL.

I only just received a response maybe five or ten minutes ago that linked me to a thread...explaining that due to real-life problems and hardships, he would likely be leaving this site forever.

I wished him the best in his life and that things get better for him soon, and I'll wish him the same again here.

But now that he is gone from this site, possibly forever, I am at an impasse of what to do in regards to a new RP thread.

While I read all of the necessary information when I joined up near the middle or end of last year, I have since forgotten a lot of the advice for what to do in regards to starting new RPs aside from poking my Welcome Wagon thread - something that I am very hesitant to do for fear of doing something wrong or taboo on this site, like necroing a thread on other forum sites.

So, here is the main point of this thread/post: Is there anyone here that is willing to start up a new RP thread with me, as a sort-of retcon/do-over for my character's first adventure outside of what was done in his backstory?

I would appreciate it if any of you could oblige, since I'm legitimately at a loss of what to do with my character or this site, now that I have to basically start over with his post-backstory story due to ARAD's departure.

So...yeah, feel free to respond (or not, your choice) and do whatever needs to be done to get things back on track for RPing on this site.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: You can send me a private message or just reply to this post if you're interested, and you can find my character's profile in my signature thingy.

Salzem

Kingfisher

Beaten to the punch---

I'd be up for something.  I have a fire mage and general purpose metalurgist in Connlaoth, hiding from slave catchers and the local church.  Obviously your character being a mage as well, he may not be incline to go there but I thought I'd mention it in case you might be interested in joining my own starter.

Economy of Favors

Nova_Eclipse

Well, it's great to see people actually care about a nobody like me!

So, basically, I'm up for any kind of RP - minus straight-up evil or cruel shit like torture, rape, and all that other icky stuff - that you guys can give.

...Kinda makes me sound desperate that way.

...Eh, whatever.

So, yeah, I'll take any RP you guys can give me, whether it be adventure, exploration, romantic, sexual, action, and so on and so forth.

Just a heads-up: My character is straight, with a slight, subconscious interest in feminine males (whether they have animal ears or are anthropomorphic is important, since the animal features makes them cuter to him, for whatever weird reason).

So aside from some casual flirting or mock-flirtations as a means of teasing my characters, no muscle-bound men trying to seduce the guy who practically lives in his armor.

Other than that, can't wait to see where all this takes us!~

Sheshia

I think I might have a few chars for you Nova. Check my char cataloge :3 i have on in development as well

Salzem

Nova_Eclipse

Well, I've looked through all of your characters thus far, Catalina, and while I appreciate your readiness to RP with me, I am afraid that I must decline.  Your characters, while written pretty well aside from a few minor spelling errors here and there, aren't exactly what I had in mind.

A number of your characters are demons, and while Richter is neutral towards demonic beings simoly because he has not really had any experiences with them, he still would not really be able to trust them due to both his training as a Knight, and due to the rumors and stories he's heard about the ones that act like, well, evil demons.

So that rules out a good portion of your characters, as fun to RP with as they must be I'm sure.

As for the others...well, there isn't really anything that would be compelling enough to convince Richter to take them on as travelling companions or partners.

Again, I'm really sorry and it pains me to decline your offer, but I don't really think any RPs with your current characters would work out that well.

But thanks for offering, anyways, and I hope that you have fun in your current and future RPs!

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Any of my characters I have that take ya fancy?

Nova_Eclipse

Quote from: Salzem on May 26, 2017, 01:00:14 PM
I have a demon I want to write. A skeleton demon X3

Demagogue:
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=21349.msg323936#msg323936

Umm...well, the previous post I was making when you made this post, sadly, rules out Demagogue as a viable companion or friend, not to mention that he's a (spooky, scary) skeleton demon.

...But now that I've read more of Demagogue's profile as I write this sentence, I believe that Demagogue could work as a companion...albeit one that would need to stay out of arm's reach for a good portion of their initial travelling together.

However, since I've already stated that Richter wouldn't really travel with Catalina's demon characters, I don't want to seem hypocritical or biased, so Demagogue is a no-go as a travelling companion.  Maybe he could be someone Richter meets along the way of he and his companion's adventure, but Mr. Demon Bones wouldn't be a tag-along character.

...Gods, I am so awkward when declining someone's offer, regardless of what the offer is.

*Flails limbs uselessly in embarrassment*

Salzem

is there a character of mine that you would like as a companion?

One thing you might want to take into account is that Demagogue might not let yer knight just shove him away. He does what he wants. Might be fun to write such a scenerio. Just offering that viewpoint

(Click on my profile name then click on my catalogue to see my characters)

Nova_Eclipse

Quote from: Elekta Kount on May 26, 2017, 01:11:12 PM
Any of my characters I have that take ya fancy?

Geez, you people sure are posting faster than I can reply to them.

But, uh...Gustav and Ace seem like a good option to travel with, and Richter loves animals (especially cute and fluffy ones).  Both hate criminals and try to put them to justice...

So, yeah, Gustav and Ace are a solid choice for Richter's travelling companions.

...Though, since I am a dumb, hormonal male, said dumb and hormonal side of me would prefer a woman travelling companion that is cute/sexy, but not afraid to kick Richter's or anyone else's ass if the situation called for it.

...Eh, beggars can't be choosers, so Gustav and Ace are a definite maybe for an RP thread, maybe the second thread, which would chronologically takes place after the first one - for the sake of my sanity.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Hit me up when ever you need me.

Nova_Eclipse

Quote from: Salzem on May 26, 2017, 01:17:13 PM
is there a character of mine that you would like as a companion?

One thing you might want to take into account is that Demagogue might not let yer knight just shove him away. He does what he wants. Might be fun to write such a scenerio. Just offering that viewpoint

(Click on my profile name then click on my catalogue to see my characters)

Fucking hell, what did I just say about you guys posting faster than I can reply?!

*AWKWARD FLAILING INTENSIFIES*

But, okay, looking at your character catalogue as I type this aaand HOOOLY SHIT, Kul looks like a good contender against Gustav and Ace!

Let's see...

Honorable, patient, not overly-trusting, does not like the weak or helpless being caught up in his or other people's struggles...

...Ding ding, another solid choice for Richter's companion!

...Wait, why the fuck am I looking at this from a one-companion-only perspective?!

Okay, so, I was of the opinion that having more than one travelling companion would be hard to manage, but then I realized that those ain't characters I'll have to manage, so it's all good!

It's decided: I'll take both Gustav and Ace (since they technically count as one package) and Kul Nuzadth Demagogue (after discussing with Salzem on the Discord channel) as Richter's travelling companions!

Okay, so, one of you two pleeease set up a thread or something for that, because I am an incompetent doof.

But yeah, this is gonna be exciting!

To me, at least.  Not sure if it'll be exciting for you guys.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Looks like I will start it, just three of us or do you want it opened?

Plus, where do you want to start?

Nova_Eclipse

Well, the thread can be open to anyone that won't be a (cheeky) dickwaffle about stuff.

As for when it starts...well, Richter is a roaming knight, Gustav & Ace are technically outlaws on the run, and Demagogue...does Demagogue-things near Seren (cuz the Sans impersonator is canonically doing jobs there), so near the town of Seren.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

I'd like to make the distinction that Gustav and Ace are outlaws in Connoloath, not elsewhere.

Nova_Eclipse

Ah, right.  Well, Gustav and Ace could be following a bounty or trying to apprehend some criminal, then.  I'm not very picky about what a character is doing prior to congealing from the walls of the tavern that every adventurer group starts in.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Which country was this Seren again?

Nova_Eclipse

Quote from: Elekta Kount on May 26, 2017, 02:13:25 PM
Which country was this Seren again?

Salzem said that you'd "figure it out".

I know that it's a country with cities and counties in it, according to Salzem's best friend.

That's all I know, dude.  Sorry.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Then he needs to make it, because I have no idea where that is.